Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari (37514 Views)

Blue Diamond Boss-festus Mbisiogu Builds Hospital For His Community Umuchima / Supreme Court Announces 22 New SANs, Festus Keyamo Missing From The List / Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Some of us have important things to do with our lives unlike your less-busy uncle. So swerve my boy
Siilly excuse. You swerve, Son.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

And it is PVC! Not PVS olodo!
Auto-correct.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

You LOST, soak it up please! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Admit that "error" first..... and then we can rehabilitate you, if you are ready to be rehabilitated. undecided

Lastpage!

I'm waiting for you and all your family members to become dollar millionaires under Buharis change regime. If he does not make every yorubas Billionaires and trillionaires then you are confirmed slaves.
We don't want to see beggars in Osun and Oyo. Buhari must change all that .
After four years we will take stock and i as an Igboman will compare my standard of living with yours. God keep us alive. cheesy
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

There is, Jonathan was a minority.
What l think needs to happen is for minorities to "align" with themselves as a block vote and support the best candidate with a proviso that "it will be our turn in so-so years".
I think that agreement can be respected...though GEJ did not respect it.

Democracy is good but unfortunately, it is about the "numbers' such that the majority tend to dominate the minority.
Also, we can enshrine an "affirmative action" in the constitution which says that "A minority tribe must produce the President say every 12years".
The only cache will be that the Minority must produce "THE BEST" they have..... not some mediocre person.

Every tribe has brilliant folks amongst them. I dont even think Jonathan is anything near the best that the S/S can put forward. I will rather an Amaechi than a Jonathan, be president.

Also, with the "eventual" perfection of the Electronic voting system, the ensuring that each Vote counts, l think masses will get to a stage where they will decide they want to vote for a PERSON (say Rochas or Amaechi) irrespective of where he comes from or the party he represents.
Religion and Tribe are what is being used to cause the problems and prevent everyone from thinking straight, right now.

We will get there.

Lastpage!

Oga Lastpage, I want you to know very well that I am an atheist. I do not care about religion or tribe.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
double posted
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Forgive Igbos for what exactly? Do people not have the right to cast their vote without fear or favour?

I supported Buhari but with the way you idiots are sounding, I regret it

Yes you did, I'm a witness. Now how are your fulani and yoruba brother s in APC treating you now. I would like ApC to make Ngige, Rochas, irrelevant. So they can retrace their step and understand that APC is rabidly anti-Igbo. It vindicates people like us. APC must be made to remain a regional party. Nobody can say PDP is regional. That's the advantage PDP will have over APC in 4 years time.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

I'm waiting for you and all your family members to become dollar millionaires under Buharis change regime. If he does not make every yorubas Billionaires and trillionaires then you are confirmed slaves.
We don't want to see beggars in Osun and Oyo. Buhari must change all that .
After four years we will take stock and[b] i as an Igboman will compare my standard of living with yours.[/b] God keep us alive. cheesy

I am already one.
I have a son who will soon graduate from Med School in the States and he will likely be a millionaire as well.
So, its a tradition in our own family, to be successful.
Our success does not depend on Buhari but we will support him to repair the country and lift others out of poverty.

If you think voting for a better candidate, which obviously Buhari is, compared to Jonathan, is slavery.... well, let your people be whinning and ranting while the "Slaves" continue to rule and make policies for them.
Did it occur to you that your next VP is a "slave"? tongue tongue
Did it occur to you that if Buhari says he doesn't want a second term, the "Slave" will then become your President?

"Stewpidity beyond compare", is when you call those who rule you "slaves"!

Lastpage!

BTW: There are Beggars in N-York, London and elsewhere.
It is not a measure of failure or success of a Government. Get an Education please...... it will definitely improve your mentality and standard of living! Stop running after Money, all the time.
Let Money run after you, for once.
wink undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Oga Lastpage, I want you to know very well that I am an atheist. I do not care about religion or tribe.

Understood and Acceptable. Its your prerogative.

Lastpage!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

You have three masters and still so foolish. This is an indictment on your professors. Anyway, I am sure you don't even have an OND but you can claim 3 msc in NL.

I'll allow you. Agbaya

No problem..... your thinking changes Nadda! grin grin

Go ahead and take a bath with that Yoruba "black Soap".... it wil do you some good.

Lastpage!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Youngtekkey(m): 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
Nigeria is a joke. So because Buhari did not have much votes in the east so foolish Yorubas here are suggesting he should.ignore the east.

Well, we don't care. So you all plus Buhari can go and die.
you,your father and all your relatives should go and die
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Niseamaka(m): 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

What manner of man are you?

Truth can be bitter but he said the truth.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
Equalizer:

So no hope for minority to rule this country abi? let them Grant us Biafra Nation so that with our number, we can produce our own President..

Let me also add this.

In a Biafran Country, these same "problems of Nigeria" will still rear its ugly head.

Instead of S/W Vs. East or East Vs.North or Igbo Vs. Yoruba or Vs. Hausa, what you will now have is say Anioma Vs Mbaise or Ijaw Vs. Irhobo! grin grin

Take the country Sudan as an example.
Before it disintegrated, they all thought cession will solve all their problems
But today, the atrocities going on in "South Sudan" i smaking some of them wish they were still part of the country Sudan! undecided

Libya is another example:

before people from Mistrata were at logger heads from people in tripoli, e.t.c.

Today, they are so fragmented they are praying for Ghadafi to resurrect and come and put an end to their misery.

The lesson l see in these is that "Breakage" is not necessarily the solution to Nigeria's problem.
What we need are
1.)Equity and Justice amongst the Nations

2.) Strong Leadership

3.) Zero tolerance for Corruption

4.) Rapid industrialization, starting with Power, followed by Steel

5.) Last but not the least... Mutual respect between the Nations. No nation should arrogate anything to itself by mere arrogance

Just my thoughts.

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by kritikali(m): 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
Why are people laughing and saying nonsense?. The worst he can do is
1. Cancel all FG projects in the East.

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

4.Heavily Militarize the East of the Niger.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know. Let's watch and and see.

The reason why you people are always bitter and pained is what I don't understand? The reason you hate everyone else I don't get! Why you jus can't wish good for this country despite your role in making it worst ( cos it all began with you) is what I don get too!..why ibo people, why re u like dis, you are everywhere north/south/west hustling ur ass out. No tribe is as many in d east as u guys are in other part of the country, yet you are d 1 that want to break, you re d 1 who don't want yoruba or hausa to rule even if it's avoidable..you don't trust this,you don't trust that....now my question is what is your problem?? What exactly do you want? What egg is Nigeria going to lay ( with ur devilish tinkin)

2 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

I am one of the two that clicked "like" on your comment..........l guess GeneralShepard is the second! wink
I so much appreciate the comment because it comes from a heart that is:
1.) Annoyed
2.) Flabagasted
3.)Worried
4.) frustrated & Searching for answers
5.) Wants a change from the status-quo
6.)Seems ready to embrace "change", to move forward.

I will like to engage you on the issues you raised.

Lastpage!

I would have loved to discuss in detail but l am "engaged" seriously at the moment so, l will make short comments.
It seems you are saying "either way", Igbos dont seem to be accepted, which ever way they vote.

Seems so, really.

IMO, l think "voting in-block" is a good thing.
The question and the very important decision is:Who or which party you GIVE these BLOCK VOTES TO?
I think that is where Igbos usually make mistake.....wrong choice of candidate.
Also, some igbos always try to play the "spoiler" in every election, after colelcting MONEY....and the general Igbos follow such ignoble decision, with the result that others dont take Igbo serious.
read: Youth Democratic party, Authur Nzeribe, Kanu (Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha), e.t.c

Suggestion: If Igbos can sit down and decide who gets their block votes, without the bias of religion, tribal hatred and reference to the Biafran war, believe me, they would make a good choice, a balance choicne..... and reap the rewards.
BTW: Such decision is a "dynamics" and changes or may change from each election-cycle to another.

The above is my honest, respectful and dispassionate opinion, l stand corrected.

Lastpage!

I am not pained in anyway. That's why I also gave you this like. grin. What I hate is double standard. Hypocrisy. Unfortunately, a lot of people still think that the SE didn't vote for Buhari because of the civil war. Well, I don't know why everyone voted the way they did.

I only tried to point out what I see as double standard in most of the posts and comments. In the past, the SE always split their votes. They never bought into this block vote stuff. The truth is that before the emergence of pdp, there was never any party in the history of Nigeria that was so nationally embraced.

Do you by any means mean that the SE was wrong to have voted for Jonathan en mass in 2015 but were right in 2011, 2007, 2003 and 1999?

The SW stood by AD and whatever othe party it transformed into, until finally APC arrived. Did anyone call them tribalistic? If pdp hadn't chosen Obasanjo, just to balance the injustice that was done to MKO, wouldn't the SW have come out empty in 1999-2007? The SW did not contribute anything to the emergence of Onasanjo. Yet they claim all the glory.

Today, there's no doubt that the SW played the most important role in the emergence of Buhari, but does that now make the SE poor strategists and enemies of the Nigerian State?

Enough of all these derogatory posts and comments. There's nothing wrong is backing jonathan. The north supported GMB in 03,07 and 2011 and he lost. No one singled the North out for criticism. No one should single the SE and SS out either. Everybody voted for different reasons but whether we like it or not, those reasons are basically the same across every region, tribe or religion.

6 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
Let the entire southsouth ppl read where my own point is going to, discover how all of a sudden all d ppl who voted against Buhari turned Igbo, Back then dz same ppl used to praise Rochas to the high heavens and say he's a lion in d East, but all of a sudden Buhari has won, nobody is remembering his name again, d southsouth and other states that voted Gej has turned Igbo, even Lagos state voted Gej, but nobody is remembering dat one, this was how some years ago after independence a certain Nzeogwu from Mid-west, present day Delta state went to plot a coup, dat led to a war, years later Igbos are still suffering from dat 1st coup, yet ryt now if u tell a Delta Igbo man if he is Igbo he is ready to fight with u than agree, even the southsouth people apart from ikwerres know how at most times yorubas in Lagos confuse them as being igbo and refer to them as OmoIgbo... now that it involves sth bad d entire southsouth has been branded igbo, but d moment any Igbo man says let the southsouth and d southeast unite, ppl like Ijawcitizen and his brothers and yorubas and hausa combined wud start drawing boundaries they wud know all d names of d local govt in the east, and start saying it's because of oil, that we always want to attach dz and dat... like I said b4 anybody saying igbo's shud be punished for voting Jonathan should do his or her worse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

The man who sired you is an idiot.

It will take Enugu eternity to be half as industrialised as Ogun state. Never in this life will the educational standard of your people be half as good as the Southwest.

Keep comparing tour state with Jigawa. Fool, compare Imo or Enugu with Niger state na.

Have the industrialization paid Osun state workers their salaries. Has it cleared your beggars from the streets?. Make sure buhari makes all your families billionaires. It's very important.

The truth is the Enterpreneurial Igbos determine their own standard of living. Government have always determined yours. Now Buhari will determine your standard of living. Who is the god of himself here and who is the slave?. Aww You and lastpage already knows. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Defcon1(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
okosodo:
Buhari will deal with them wella. He is a fulani man and they dont forgive.
Sorry, bro
Speak only for yourself
Gen Buhari is a man of honour and integrity, who keeps his word
He has already embarked on reconciliation and national unity
He is not marginalizing anybody
The politics of bitterness and vengeance is over
CHANGE has come.

Together, we will realize the Nigeria of our dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Yes you did, I'm a witness. Now how are your fulani and yoruba brother s in APC treating you now. I would like ApC to make Ngige, Rochas, irrelevant. So they can retrace their step and understand that APC is rabidly anti-Igbo. It vindicates people like us. APC must be made to remain a regional party. Nobody can say PDP is regional. That's the advantage PDP will have over APC in 4 years time.

"A regional party is one which has no "political influence" beyond its region of of formation".

APC hold the Centre (Abuja), APC holds at least 25% in about 27 states out of 36, APC has majority in about 21 states (or more but l am not sure), The President is APC as well grin undecided ....

so, how is APC still a Regional Party? shocked shocked
or are you just living in the past?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

I am already one.
I have a son who will soon graduate from Med School in the States and he will likely be a millionaire as well.
So, its a tradition in our own family, to be successful.
Our success does not depend on Buhari but we will support him to repair the country and lift others out of poverty.

If you think voting for a better candidate, which obviously Buhari is, compared to Jonathan, is slavery.... well, let your people be whinning and ranting while the "Slaves" continue to rule and make policies for them.
Did it occur to you that your next VP is a "slave"? tongue tongue
Did it occur to you that if Buhari says he doesn't want a second term, the "Slave" will then become your President?

"Stewpidity beyond compare", is when you call those who rule you "slaves"!

Lastpage!

BTW: There are Beggars in N-York, London and elsewhere.
It is not a measure of failure or success of a Government. Get an Education please...... it will definitely improve your mentality and standard of living! Stop running after Money, all the time.
Let Money run after you, for once.
wink undecided
Hey...hey!!! Have you ever hear the saying that if you fight with a fool no one can tell the difference between you from afar?
PS: I am Igbo and you are embarrassing yourself
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by highmood(m): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oziddy:
My brothers should go and rest biko, any I'll treatment they receive from Buhari's Administration Were caused by themselves.
sometimes you guys comment like aliens. What is the relation between your comment and what the man said? He commended the effort of GEJ and also pointed out his failure. He is advising Buhari to fulfill the promise on power and corruption. Is he asking for appointments, or if the power sector get improved upon in Buhari's time will it favour the southeast alone? Sometimes you guys commenting before reasoning. An average Ibo man care less of government contracts or appointments, let the enabling environment for them to thrive be, and you see them shine. Wetin concern Ibo and contract or big government portfolios. I wonder why ppl de bother themselves on what Buhari will do for the igbos or what he would not do. Meanwhile, watch the pattern of the votes casted. Are you now telling me that, had it been GEJ had won, he should abandon the entire north because they all voted for APC? So, if Buhari likes he should be partial or impartial, the post cannot be thiers for ever, it will definitely rotate and the southeast and southsouth will be sought after during election. Let him do what seems best for him.

3 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Legalaffairs(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
I know this man. He is an exceptional son of Igbo land, a philanthropist of repute, and above all an ardent believer and preacher of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The only man that has never ventured into politics bit uses his Gods given wealth for human development, capacity building and infraatructural debelopment of Igbo land via water for all project that has provided a bore hole to over 27 Communities in Igbo land, awarded scholarships and have the over 500 widows on his payroll.

All these philanthropy are carried out through Uzotex Foundation. The Sun newspaper
continiously set their satellite on his activities activities and I follow all his events.

On the event of his award of the Igboman of the year Audu Ogbe read his citation.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oziddy:
My brothers should go and rest biko, any Ill treatment they receive from Buhari's Administration Were caused by themselves.

You obviously didn't read the post, yet commenting rubbish. #Shame
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
highmood:
sometimes you guys comment like aliens. What is the relation between your comment and what the man said? He commended the effort of GEJ and also pointed out his failure. He is advising Buhari to fulfill the promise on power and corruption. Is he asking for appointments, or if the power sector get improved upon in Buhari's time will it favour the southeast alone? Sometimes you guys commenting before reasoning. An average Ibo man care less of government contracts or appointments, let the enabling environment for them to thrive be, and you see them shine. Wetin concern Ibo and contract or big government portfolios. I wonder why ppl de bother themselves on what Buhari will do for the igbos or what he would not do. Meanwhile, watch the pattern of the votes casted. Are you now telling me that, had it been GEJ had won, he should abandon the entire north because they all voted for APC? So, if Buhari likes he should be partial or impartial, the post cannot be thiers for ever, it will definitely rotate and the southeast and southsouth will be sought after during election. Let him do what seems best for him.

Don't mind them. They won't read a post, yet they willbe commenting rubbish.
The whole core north massively voted for Buhari in 2011, yet they were not rejected by Jonathan in his administration. So why would Buhari reject Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by pasol4real(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dis u Just say a new Nigeria, with buhari,tinubu n saraki?This must be the joke of the year.For ur info this is about ethnic superiority n the earlier u realised that the better for u n ur ethnic group the hausas n yorubas know that the igbos hav gained alot from thé Gej's regime ,n so wud definitely want to cut their wings off .but that wud never happen.nobody can stop this igbo momentum.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Drabrah(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
pazienza:

Haven't you heard that Hitler was a Jew? He is as Igbo as Awo was Igbo, he is probably from Ijebu- Igbo. Igbo is Igbo afterall. Don't let anyone deceive you, he isn't Igbo.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U baaaaaaaaaaaaad
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
Why are people laughing and saying nonsense?. The worst he can do is
1. Cancel all FG projects in the East.

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

4.Heavily Militarize the East of the Niger.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know. Let's watch and and see.

Thank you o!! D heavens wont fall. Losers every where talking gibberish!!!!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
Nigeria is a joke. So because Buhari did not have much votes in the east so foolish Yorubas here are suggesting he should.ignore the east.

Well, we don't care. So you all plus Buhari can go and die.
As if its deir call to decide who get wot and who doesnt!! Kai!!! Dose people are pathetic
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

I wonder why Yorubas that are generally ugly will address Igbos as flat heads. Swerve fool
Lmfao
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Forgive Igbos for what exactly? Do people not have the right to cast their vote without fear or favour?

I supported Buhari but with the way you idiots are sounding, I regret it
Pls Did he say forgive?!! LOL!! Foolishness at its peak grin
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mcowubaba:

E-warrior E-merlingrin
Face to face with me..u go run o..
Fem
how old are you? Because I don't want people to say am cheating u by time I start with u
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I am not pained in anyway. That's why I also gave you this like. grin. What I hate is double standard. Hypocrisy. Unfortunately, a lot of people still think that the SE didn't vote for Buhari because of the civil war. Well, I don't know why everyone voted the way they did.

I only tried to point out what I see as double standard in most of the posts and comments. In the past, the SE always split their votes. They never bought into this block vote stuff. The truth is that before the emergence of pdp, there was never any party in the history of Nigeria that was so nationally embraced.

Do you by any means mean that the SE was wrong to have voted for Jonathan en mass in 2015 but were right in 2011, 2007, 2003 and 1999?

The SW stood by AD and whatever othe party it transformed into, until finally APC arrived. Did anyone call them tribalistic?
If pdp hadn't chosen Obasanjo, just to balance the injustice that was done to MKO, wouldn't the SW have come out empty in 1999-2007? The SW did not contribute anything to the emergence of Onasanjo. Yet they claim all the glory.

Today, there's no doubt that the SW played the most important role in the emergence of Buhari, but does that now make the SE poor strategists and enemies of the Nigerian State?

Enough of all these derogatory posts and comments. There's nothing wrong is backing jonathan. The north supported GMB in 03,07 and 2011 and he lost. No one singled the North out for criticism. No one should single the SE and SS out either. Everybody voted for different reasons but whether we like it or not, those reasons are basically the same across every region, tribe or religion.

Dont take everything you read here, personally.
I for one, "erase" these comments from my memory, once l shut my browser.
I used the word "pained", not in the derogatory sense but like a sort of "wish it were not so".

Now, at times, we write comments that hurt others... and some people dont forget it that easily, like others.

I was doing a review of comments "Before and After" the election and l can tell you, if we are to be honest, the Igbos not only stuck out their neck for Jonathan (which is normal, that is politics and its their right), but they also went a little bit far in the "personal attacks" on other tribes. They made it "too obvious" that the only reason they would not vote Buhari is that he is a Northerner!. They also insulted his religion, his Education and when they saw that the Yorubas were not going to abandon Buhari, they started attacking the Yorubas as well, calling them name like Slaves! Even on this thread, l am sure you would have seen it more than ten times. grin grin

"Action and reaction, tend to be equal and opposite" so l will add that the other tribes also responded "in like manner".

I suspect that now that we have a Victor and a Vanquished, the Yorubas are trying to get under their skin in retaliation but this is still normal and Politics (though not desirable) if not that the Igbos seems to be "brazenly" making a U-turn and trying to assume some form of "glory and vanquishing" (if you read posts like Igbos won and Yoruba lost,... GEJ achieved what OBJ could not achieve", e.t.c)

Okay, personally, l see "some" of these things with some sense of humor and skin-deep. Others dont.

Let me suggest as somebody pointed out: The animosity is not that deep!
As a Yoruba, l can swear that l dont judge Igbos (in the real world) based on the nonsense we exchange online. That would be unfair...
We are like siblings of the same father, ... we fight and make-up ...but we can never be sworn enemies.
If some Igbos can marry Yorubas.........and vice versa, producing offsprings that l will call "YoGboba" grin grin ...where then is the hatred?

More importantly, l will "humbly" suggest that Igbos should let by-gones be by-gones as it relate to the Civil War.
It is not an act of cowardice but there is a lot of bravery in saying "I forgive and forget"

Without that, they can never find peace in this country called Nigeria.
Biafra may not come as quickly as envisaged, it may never come, but for the time being, why cant we commit to what we have at hand - Nigeria?
How do you think other Nigerians feel when Igbis keep harping about breaking away..... instead on harping on "fairplay and justice, equity and respect"?
Mistakes were made by both sides which resulted into war.
But to still hang-on to those memories (l blame "Papa" for this) and reflect it in thoughts and deeds...after fifty years?
Its not positive and forward-thinking.

Do you know that your attitude to me (even online) has affected my disposition towards you? That is a fact of life.
What is inside you, affects the aura surrounding you.
I know its easier said than done but we ALL need to make effort to say "hey, lets wipe the slate clean and let us deal with ourselves based on face-value".

Its a job for the new generation.
But let fellas relax, Buhari wont marginalise Igbos or anyone. That would be unjust and you cant repay evil with evil...

BTW: Did you realize that myself and probably 85% of Yorubas of the S/West voted for Jonathan in 2011, just as we were ready to "war" with the North if they dont allow him to take over, after the demise of Yar Ardua? Do you still think we could not have sided with the Northern cabal back them..... if we are not always on the side of justice and equity?
Think about it for a moment.

It will be well, after all the brouhaha.
Cheers.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Mcowubaba: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
eskober:
how old are you? Because I don't want people to say am cheating u by time I start with u
~
Young cos m 32,~ dress like m 22,~ flow like a 18..do what I wanna do_Jay z(diamond is forever....)

Bro peace#......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions / South East Governors Create Security Network Called Ebubeagu / Obi Support Movement Takes Campaign To Katsina Streets (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.