Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,508 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63157 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Bifwoli: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
skillfuldee:
What has ur educated fisherman,PhD certified done to this great country Nigeria?Boko haram,death of Bayelsa women politicians,bad economy,hike in fuel pump,bad aviation system where u av to pray before ur flight takes off,low standard of education...The list is endless. Abeg leave mata for Mathias.

GEJ was a visionary who saw Nigeria rise to be a major economy on the world stage,restored int'l respect after the unconstitutional power grabs by your Buhari-type dictators,attracted record levels of FDI ,he started the diversification away from over reliance on oil and restored respect for Nigerians.

GEJ is truly a visionary and a great leader with foresight and deep insight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Caveatemptor(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
oneagleswings:
stop displaying your foolishness here. Can your father do what GEJ did in four years if given a life time?

I bet you are a kid still being fed.
Talk to your father about what I said. If he has a job he would probably share my opinion,seeing that he is probably having difficulties paying your school fees and feeding you because of Jonathans voodoo economic policies.
Kid,when you get a job come back and talk to your fathers betters.
Rubbish..
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Plus234(m): 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
chernest2002:
Oby ezekwesili is a pros*titute with this big mouth she uses to suck obj's tired dick.

same thing goes to your mother she is a prostit.ute too and suck obj's tired dick.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by isbish(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
Well said ma. Like seriously, this is the worst government we could ever have. Some of u can praise him, but he knows what he has done. He knows the damage his administration has caused us. Its so unfortunate we had Goodluck. We deserve more than goodluck.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Are we now supposed to forget the monumental and universally acclaimed misrule of GEJ because of one act he was bullied into by the likes of David Cameron, Obama et al? GEJ did not want to leave and was not prepared to leave hence the massive rigging - and we have even seen the video proof - conducted for him in Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom et al.

Whether people know it or not, the result, which showed Buhari had won despite the massive rigging of team GEJ, had been known since Sunday. Many moved behind the scene to convince GEJ not to try anything funny and subtle threats were deployed. GEJ, as expected of his self-serving nature, preferred not to piss-off this powerful lobby group. They never wanted to hand over and were willing to do anything to sit tight. Many simply showed GEJ he will be made to account for his action if chaos ensued because he did not want to accept the outcome of an election he clearly lost. GEJ was 'strong-armed' to accept defeat.

Ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by adorable29(f): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
hugafella:
I AM SURPRISED AT THE SHORT MEMORY THAT NIGERIA'S SEEM TO HAVE. WAS THIS NOT THE SAME BUHARI THAT LOST AN ELECTION AND INCITED HIS ALMAJIRI ARMY TO KILL NYSC MEMBERS, IBOS AND CHRISTIANS? DID HE CONCEDE DEFEAT? DID HE CONGRATULATE JONATHAN?

HE SHOULD BE IN INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT FOR INSTIGATING THE KILLING OF OVER 800. SUPPORTERS OF BUHARI ARE THE REAL PSYCHOPHNTS. SUPPORTERS OF SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL WICKEDNESS. SUPPORTERS OF THOSE WHO PROMISED TO MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE.

NO NIGERIAN PRESIDENT HAS EVER BEEN INTERNALLY SABOTAGED, VILIFIED, HUMILIATED AND CASTIGATED LIKE JONATHAN. EVEN OBASANJO THAT STOLE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE PRAISED BY THESE GOONS, BECAUSE HE IS YORUBA.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, NIGERIANS SHOULD PRAY THAT THE MILITANTS DON'T TREAT BUHARI THE SAME WAY THE HAUSAS TREATED JONATHAN. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS LEVEL OF UNWARRANTED HATRED FOR ANY NIGERIAN LEADER. DIFFERENT TRIBES ARE JUDGED DIFFERENTLY IT SEEMS. WHO DID NOT STEAL? OBJ? ABACHA? ABDULSALAMI?

ANYONE WHO SAYS JONATHAN IS NOT A HERO IS NOT ONLY FOOLISH, BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO SIT ON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF OIL, AND GIVE IT ALL UP. WORSE OF ALL, THAT THE OIL IS IN YOUR BACKYARD. IF THE HAUSAS HAD THIS OIL, NIGERIA WOULD BURN IF THEY EVER LOST ANY ELECTION.

SOME STUPID NIGERIANS SIMPLY AMAZE ME.

This APC supporters scare me. Apart from a few, most of them are bitter and actually not peaceful. I pray this country does not CATCH fire of there is any attempt to vote them out in 2019.

I hope for the sake of us all living in this country that Buhari is the one to lead us to the promised land. This northerners will not accept or condone half of the bull poo they ditch out to us in the south! Their mind is as deep as a well. They hate the south deep down.

I haven't heard of any mosque burnt down here in the south cos Jonathan (an incumbent for thaat matter) lost.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by johnnyblakes(m): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
braine:
I think he's not worth the status too. Conceding defeat is the only right thing to do coz we all saw that he actually lost. So I don't see what the big deal is.
he's conceding defeat is d main reason u cud still be busy on nl

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by isbish(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
soloafe:
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.

Its cos of idiots like u we can t move forward. Anyway, I have embraced change and moved on. You and ur Igbo sentimentalist and haters will never lead this nation until u all learn to value integrity and love for humanty over fraudstars, thieves and selfishness. Cos she is fighting for the rescue of other pples children she is now a disgrace to IGBO people. U are a big fool. Imagine ur sister or ur daughter was among those taken away by BH, will talk that rubbish? I hate selfish people. IGBOS should not value thieves over goodness. When one of u rise for goodness, u all use sentiment to hate that person cos he or she stands by the truth. With such an attitude, how can we other tribes trust u with governance? U guys should restore ur minds to factory settings. Or format ur brain and stop spewing nonsense. Shameless, hateful and selfish guy. Tufiyakwa.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Zakkyoz: 11:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
The problem we have in Africa is that,
we like celebrating mediocrity. In any
competition, there will always be a loser
and winner. What is therefore heroic in
somebody conceding defeat when it was
practically and mathematically proven
that APC has won? The hero here
should be GMB who survived all sorts of
sinister verbal altercations of PDP to
attain what God has destined him to.
God is involved and that is why the
collation of result survived the
"orubebic" attack.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by johnnyblakes(m): 11:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonnyudoh:
I would have commented but she already said what I wanted to say
ask an average christain in the north about jonathan,he or she wud tell u jonathan is far more than a hero.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by otr1(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kizmarty:

Rubbish!
Why not look from another angle.
What did buhari do when he lost in 2011
He boldly swore to make Nigeria ungovernable for Goodluck and he did....
Goodluck deserve the praises cus his action is honourable.
Real leaders lead by example
Same way you people are trying to twist history by making GEJ a hero is the same way you've been peddling falsehood about our President-elect. If called upon to defend the allegation you made @bolded, you'd be stammering. Same way Abati couldn't defend his allegation about GMB sponsoring BH in court and had to beg for an out-of-court settlement. Lawal Kaita, a PDP chieftain made that statement but you have been telling this lie against GMB and it's becoming the truth. Desist from making unsubstantiated claims, coz the era of lawlessness and indiscipline is over. Even FFK, NTA, AIT and Fayose are now singing new songs.

As for Jonathan conceding defeat. What choice did he have? We know he was prevailed upon. What do you think John Kuffor was telling him behind closed door? Why do you think the representative of the ICC was in Nigeria? Did you hear what she said on Tv?
We've known the results of the election since sunday evening, but then INEC was forced to slow down just because someone was trying to manipulate the process. He was ready to annul the election, but the US and the EU had adjudged the election to be free and fair. His hands were tied. He would've got into deeper mess if he had tried anything funny.
Former Head of State, Abdulsalam was with him when he made that call, so you know whose idea that is.
They tried to orubebe the process, but thank God for jegaism, they failed after two days of trying.

All these songs of eulogy will cease, once we start opening their can of worms. Using phone call to curry sympathy will not deter us from doing that.
Deify him all you want-you people have likened him to Jesus anyway- but please, make it personal and spare us that crap.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by gospeller: 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:
Mr Ebele is not a hero to me, the real HERO is the man who never gave up his dream, the man who kept trying, the man who never stopped believing. General Muhammadu Buhari is the hero not Ebele.

Talking of heroes, the Late Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh over Ebele.

He is not a hero but when Buhari lost he was shedding crocodile tears that led to loss of lifes, my dear if you want to go far in life appreciate something good no matter the perspn its coming from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by johnnyblakes(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Zakkyoz:
The problem we have in Africa is that,
we like celebrating mediocrity. In any
competition, there will always be a loser
and winner. What is therefore heroic in
somebody conceding defeat when it was
practically and mathematically proven
that APC has won? The hero here
should be GMB who survived all sorts of
sinister verbal altercations of PDP to
attain what God has destined him to.
God is involved and that is why the
collation of result survived the
"orubebic" attack.
I doubt if u were born before 2011
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Boss13: 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnnyblakes:
he's conceding defeat is d main reason u cud still be busy on nl

There was nothing more he could do but to concede defeat. If he had tried anything otherwise, he would have ended in jail. So let's quit this self righteousness shit and thank God that misrule would be leaving us shortly
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Rexnegro(m): 12:02am On Apr 04, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...
Smh chai see bad pikin from a good parents.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by seekingtruth(m): 12:05am On Apr 04, 2015
Look at her ugly face
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by stag: 12:09am On Apr 04, 2015
Raxxye:
A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!

You are the hero on this thread.

Let the madam with diarrhea of the mouth continue with the bitterness that will consume her. With every word out of her mouth, the proves the more to be an attention seeker.

She's almost beginning to irritate.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by blackbeau1(f): 12:17am On Apr 04, 2015
He hasn't even left and they've started disowning him
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by shaqhead: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2015
Your argument is flawed
Your logic is faulty
And to see a whole lot tow your train of thought shows a class of people that do not engage in critical thinking!
Raxxye:

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero
Mr., the president does not "conduct" and "guarantee" free and fair elections, following the stipulated provisions as enshrined in our constituiton and electoral act by the political parties involved does.

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero
Yes, in a society such as ours where hero worshippers are waiting on the wings to forment trouble in such a situation,him keeping his cool was THE RIGHT THING TO DO and doesnt necessarily amount to an heroic act but in saner climes NOTHING will happen. Absolutely Nothing!

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero
Just because Manny congratulaates Mayweather for losing, then in your skewed evaluation we should give Manny the belt abi? Let me remind you, there was a Fayemi who conceded defeat and congratulated a Fayose and then folks like you ddnt make so much noise about it because it ddnt further your interest. Like someone said, a tenant whose rent expired all of a sudden becomes a hero for thanking the landlord for accomodating him when he couldnt pay? Dont make me laugh pls

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero
Mr. GEJ and PDP RESERVE THE RIGHT to approach the courts for redress if they feel cheated based on irregularities-it doesnt amount to a distraction but it just amount to utilising the constitutional corridoors for redress which is good for our democracy. That in itself is more gentlemanly than having an Orubebe go berserk on national TV. That is the right the APC exercised when they went to court in Ekiti

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!

Nobody is hating on your "hero" and like Oby posited if the books on this administration were opened you wouldnt want to breathe the "fresh air" from it-of course folks like you will say "Is he the first person?" Aha...sentiments...now you see the hypocrisy in your "He is a Hero" submission? A hero stands up to public scrutiny-I guess u are getting uncomfortable with the thought of your hero being probed! It even baffles me that you mentioned GEJ as setting a standard for democracy in Africa-in this act of sportsmanship, which is what it is, GEJ isnt the first, get your history right!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Cannonleo(m): 12:31am On Apr 04, 2015
kristisking:
We know you are fighting for a post.Stupid woman.
it seems u knew exactly what was in my mind..ivy don't worry Ur ministerial position has been secured.I hope Ur happy
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Donsolo101: 12:49am On Apr 04, 2015
1.if GEJ had rejects the result all of us would have been running for our dear life's by now

2. if its easy to accept defeat ask mugabi of Zimbabwe

3 madam Oby could not get ministerial appointment for GEJ admi that's why she hated him badly .

4 . now that GMB has won I hope you will continue with your chibok campaigns .

5. I'm giving you APC administration two months to end insurgents and re-unite the missing girls with their parent

6 oby all you need is appointment soon as you get it bye bye to chibok issue

7. lastly remember where GEJ stoped Nigerians believed APC will take us forward and not backward . let's see how you intend to move us forward .
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Champele(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2015
I don't listen to people who have been in government and have nothing to show for it.why complaining so much now? I think she is just looking for job just like Fani Kayode did when he is jobless.GEJ is my hero!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by skyra: 1:04am On Apr 04, 2015
braine:
He would simply have ended up like Gbagbo.
Maybe, but then again what guarantee do u have that Nigerians would have risen? I am simply grateful he took the moral high ground

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by braine(m): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2015
skyra:
Maybe, but then again what guarantee do u have that Nigerians would have risen? I am simply grateful he took the moral high ground
To me, nothing would have happened if he refused to concede defeat.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by babestella: 1:29am On Apr 04, 2015
skillfuldee:
What has ur educated fisherman,PhD certified done to this great country Nigeria?Boko haram,death of Bayelsa women politicians,bad economy,hike in fuel pump,bad aviation system where u av to pray before ur flight takes off,low standard of education...The list is endless. Abeg leave mata for Mathias.

1. Can you tell me how many plane crash you recorded in GEJs tenure?

2. Tell me how had our economy is compared to when obj ruled.

3. Tell me how bad Benín ore express way or LAGOS Ibadan express when obj ruled and during GEJs tenure.

4. Tell me how many times your god (OBJ) increased fuel pump price.

5. Tell me how many times you stayed on the queue to buy petrol for the last 5 years of GEJs rule.
6. Tell me how many generals have died from organized plane crash in Nigeria as compared with OBJ tenure.

7. Tell me if GEJ is a MUSLIM that he will descend so low as a president to sponsor Boko haram as some of you claim.

8. Tell me what NIGERIANS did when Buhari said "killing boko haram is a fight against the north"

9. Tell me what you said when OBJ said that boko haram is fighting for a just course which upbe even said recently.

Please if you cannot judge someone fairly and objectively, just keep quiet in order not to attract a curse on your good self. My advise.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by babestella: 1:36am On Apr 04, 2015
braine:
He would simply have ended up like Gbagbo.

Yeah, he might end up like Gbagbo and still be alive too, but many lives and properties would had been massively destroyed. You don't even have guarantee that you will be alive if it happens. So we need to be careful what we indirectly wish for ourselves because the consequence may be far reaching that we might not be able to recover from it for a very long time and that is if we still remain as a nation.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Are we now supposed to forget the monumental and universally acclaimed misrule of GEJ because of one act he was bullied into by the likes of David Cameron, Obama et al? GEJ did not want to leave and was not prepared to leave hence the massive rigging - and we have even seen the video proof - conducted for him in Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom et al.

Whether people know it or not, the result, which showed Buhari had won despite the massive rigging of team GEJ, had been known since Sunday. Many moved behind the scene to convince GEJ not to try anything funny and subtle threats were deployed. GEJ, as expected of his self-serving nature, preferred not to piss-off this powerful lobby group. They never wanted to hand over and were willing to do anything to sit tight. Many simply showed GEJ he will be made to account for his action if chaos ensued because he did not want to accept the outcome of an election he clearly lost. GEJ was 'strong-armed' to accept defeat.
psycho
mental
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by FemiFaniKayode: 1:50am On Apr 04, 2015
creepsyme:
and who is fani kayode to you?

heroine
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by braine(m): 1:54am On Apr 04, 2015
babestella:

Yeah, he might end up like Gbagbo and still be alive too, but many lives and properties would had been massively destroyed. You don't even have guarantee that you will be alive if it happens. So we need to be careful what we indirectly wish for ourselves because the consequence may be far reaching that we might not be able to recover from it for a very long time and that is if we still remain as a nation.
Nothing would have happened if he actually hadn't conceded.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Lawz20(m): 2:22am On Apr 04, 2015
Someone hu puts Nigeria first b4 anytin, he put off a fire dat would av burn so hard and consume many, someone is busy opening her wide mouth like typewriter saying he,s not a hero? Nawa o! undecided
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by oribi(m): 2:51am On Apr 04, 2015
people keep saying president Jonathan is corrupt my humble question,who has ruled nigeria that's not corrupt?very very few in my own opinion...
we simply yarn for good governance in all sectors and i pray we get there someday...
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by BluStreak(m): 3:31am On Apr 04, 2015
Raxxye:

God bless you brother. This same woman ranting wouldn't have done the same giving the opportunity President Jonathan had. Her over zealous righteous self would have dug her teeth deep with the pretext she knows it all better than anyone else.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Abdulsalam, Buhari And Osinbajo? / President Tinubu Appoints Kunle Adeleke, Dele Alake, Olusegun Dada As Aides / Edo Election: Governor Obaseki At PDP Situation Room In Benin (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.