Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,310 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63152 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Tmercy(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:
Those who call him "hero" are the problem with this country and sick in the head.

And add to that some people actually mentioned a Nobel prize....

Smh I concur I v argued dis couple of times but i seems not to be winning an audible voice just ushered out my mind
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by braine(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
skyra:
you would not b saying this if he had done a mugabe on us. He is on record to have said his ambition isn't worth the blood of any nigerian.
Truth be told, there was massive rigging on both sides of the divide, would buhari have conceeded defeat if he had lost? Somehow I doubt he would.
Whatever else he may be, he earned my respect and deepest thanks for accepting the peoples wishes and bowing out gracefully from the stage
He would simply have ended up like Gbagbo.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by millionboi(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
soloafe:
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.
u jst said it aL.......I knw she is seekin 4attention,na job she dey fine so
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by lovaleenny(f): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
holatin:
ow old are you, when did you start reading newspaper ?
Answer dat and I will tell you who made that statement and why abati was charged to court by buhari

Pardon me though but am actually curious to know whether buhari actually said he'll make jonathan's administration unbearable...tot him and atiku said dt wen dey were saying dere shudnt b rigging
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Ralphlauren(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
dearpreye:

It still doesn't justify your stupid and odious generalisation. It doesn't matter how hard you try to twist it.

I believe similar acts must have committed by a barbaric few amongst your people!

Are you from Odi undecided

People from my place do not murder policemen/soldiers. We are a very civilised lot wink

Fear no catch una. Even if you had no fear or respect for nigerian police, did you lot honestly think you will get away with the cold murder of soldiers (more than 5 of them) from the Nigerian Army?

I stand by my statement. smiley
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by braine(m): 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
AroOkigbo:

For once just think what the country would have turned to had he said no to the election results.
Bros, it could have been worse.
He would simply have ended up like Gbagbo.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by zudozz: 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
what d u expect from her? Baba dey sexs her na...
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by gentlelily(f): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
He is a hero as far as nigeria is concerned,if you are not comfortable with it deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by triiga: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:
Those who call him "hero" are the problem with this country and sick in the head.

And add to that some people actually mentioned a Nobel prize....

Smh

Why re u talkn as if yhu dnt knw d kinda politicians ds country hav produced ova d years, Which politician will concede in d manner GEJ did without goin to court...Pls reason befor talkn
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:
A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ebugreat: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Make una free oga jona... He have done what he knows best.... As for me he is one of the best leaders Nigeria hv ever produce...

Sai GEJ
Sai buhari
Sai Igbo
Sai Yoruba
Sai Hausa
Sai Nigeria....

Automatic Toothpaste Dispenser for sale @ N1300
We deliver anywhere in Nigeria..
Call: 08061197484
BBm: 52D60F31
https://www.nairaland.com/2235111/cheap-automatic-toothpaste-dispenser

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by geefasee: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
soloafe:
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.
dont mind her she is only booking herself for another post. Gej did not give her any appointment that is why she is vomiting jagons. Yeye
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by malbro(m): 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
wat did u expect from obasanjo gurl friend...mtcheeew
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mynd44: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
triiga:

Why re u talkn as if yhu dnt knw d kinda politicians ds country hav produced ova d years, Which politician will concede in d manner GEJ did without goin to court...Pls reason befor talkn
Fayemi conceded to Fayose and no one cried
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by richidinho(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
aflyingbird:
fk u. for your own good, go and get yourself an education and learn the true meaning of heroism. thank me later.

Half education is madness...I just confirm it in you

I heard real men call GEJ a hero
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by iyrojc(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
chamboy:
what is Igbo Nation.. Gathering of Hypocrites
Guy, watch ur tongue. Its a tribe u are talking about and not a Group
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by xtervaganza(m): 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
hugafella:

your father, mother and entire lineage are d0pe heads. your dad personally trained a rascal like you. only a Bastard can make stupid comments. I'm sure your mother raised a cretin in you and all your siblings. id!ot!
hahahahahah hah e don pain am grin grin grin grin grin

BTW

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by 9jatatafo(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
This woman is high on grounded dry pepper. What GEJ did, none of our presidents would have done it. I smell jealousy
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Guidette(f): 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...
You are SICK!!!!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by HARTSL: 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!

well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by HARTSL: 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
geefasee:
dont mind her she is only booking herself for another post. Gej did not give her any appointment that is why she is vomiting jagons. Yeye

true talk
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Boss13: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
The Jonathanians wants to force PGEJ to our history book. A clueless man who performed the least when compared with dead presidents. They beat their drums that Jonathan conceded defeat and averted conflicts. What was he expected to do, stay glue to power. Probably many would die but Jonathan and his wicked aides will pay dearly. I presumed he remembered Gbagbo and with pressures from the international communities, he was left with little choice but to accept that he has lost.

Jonathan still remains the worst president the country has ever experienced. A country not at war yet unsecured with refugees. People lost their means of livelihood, many lost loved ones and homes, innocent children being kidnapped or slain in their sleep. Yet the wicked Jonathanians would comfort themselves with a clueless and dumb president conceding defeat than hide their heads in shame for their wicked deeds and non-performance. What impact was Jonathan's administration to Nigerians. Our economy flipped and stumbled, corruption overran law enforcement officers, lawlessness and impunity were the order of the day. Ministers and aides acted like demi-gods and raped our country of its resources. Militants and criminals were allotted juicy contracts for electioneering purposes. Our military was politicised and reduced to a debacle of shame and epitomised as a failed institution.

While the wicked partied to stupor, Nigerians watched and waited patiently and today we are happy and grateful to be off the chains of wicked and selfish power mongers. Jonathanians are nothing but automated wicked in full display.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Texcoco(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:

Fayemi conceded to Fayose and no one cried
Yeah and was forced days later to recant by thieffnubu,go figure.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ArodewilliamsT: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

Gbam!. APC guys are so pained about GEJ's heroic status. Let the man rest jare. He spent more time trying to appease the northern muslims and Boko haram than actually governing. He is a cult hero now. His phone call probably saved lives of Ezekwesili's kinsmen in the north. She is an ingrate.

She is Igbo, if she thinks vindictive fulani Buhari will make her a minister, then she can as well believe she will grow a brazilian hair overnight.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mynd44: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Texcoco:
Yeah and was forced days later to recant by thieffnubu,go figure.
Stop being funny. He conceded and his party went to court the same way Mr Clueless zoologist and PDP are playing now
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Texcoco(m): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Boss13:
[s]The Jonathanians wants to force PGEJ to our history book. A clueless man who performed the least when compared with dead presidents. They beat their drums that Jonathan conceded defeat and averted conflicts. What was he expected to do, stay glue to power. Probably many would die but Jonathan and his wicked aides will pay dearly. I presumed he remembered Gbagbo and with pressures from the international communities, he was left with little choice but to accept that he has lost.

Jonathan still remains the worst president the country has ever experienced. A country not at war yet unsecured with refugees. People lost their means of livelihood, many lost loved ones and homes, innocent children being kidnapped or slain in their sleep. Yet the wicked Jonathanians would comfort themselves with a clueless and dumb president conceding defeat than hide their heads in shame for their wicked deeds and non-performance. What impact was Jonathan's administration to Nigerians. Our economy flipped and stumbled, corruption overran law enforcement officers, lawlessness and impunity were the order of the day. Ministers and aides acted like demi-gods and raped our country of its resources. Militants and criminals were allotted juicy contracts for electioneering purposes. Our military was politicised and reduced to a debacle of shame and epitomised as a failed institution.

While the wicked partied to stupor, Nigerians watched and waited patiently and today we are happy and grateful to be off the chains of wicked and selfish power mongers. Jonathanians are nothing but automated wicked in full display.[/s]
How is this trash going to prevent jonathan from becoming an African great??

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by naijaspeak(m): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
[size=20pt]Jonathan is not an hero as being portrayed by the media. The People democratic party plunged Nigeria into needless suffering at the expense of Jonathan and politicians and minister who served under his government.

Huge amount of Nigeria oil wealth has been stolen and they are in the hands of the ruling class.

Jonathan created this misery and suffering Nigerian are going through while himself and his minister are living in stupendous wealth.

Conclusively, He should not be treated as an hero by the Nigerian society, media, international community, etc Ecowas is also being mislead to regard Jonathan as an hero.

Mrs Ezekwesili is 100 % correct in her statement in describing Jonathan as not an hero. Jonathan ruined the Nigerian economy.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by holyeye1989(m): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
RUBBISH ...NA SHE GET HER MOUTH....SHE NO NO WHERE SAMBISA FOREST DEY? ...MAKE SHE ASK FOR DIRECTION...MAD WOMAN
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

If you father and all your ancestors are too daft to rull over Nigeria, don't assume everyone's father cannot.

Cretinous fuuktard!

Your likes are manacled by rock-hard poverty and stupidity of revoltingly odious heights, confined in a cocoon of mind-defying unintelligence and egregious dimwittedness. You'll only present me with 3 minutes of crude spectacle, with me unleashing primitive savagery and brutality on you in physical form, leaving you trounced and completely battered, head stomped to a pulpy mass, arms twisted out of human fashion, legs broken in grotesque appearances. Keep wallowing in the abysmal depths of undiluted hopelessness and unbrilliance. When your father can't even head an organization of alaye boys, you're here condemning GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Sagamite(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Your likes are manacled by rock-hard poverty and stupidity of revoltingly odious heights, confined in a cocoon of mind-defying unintelligence and egregious dimwittedness. You'll only present me with 3 minutes of crude spectacle, with me unleashing primitive savagery and brutality on you in physical form, leaving you trounced and completely battered, head stomped to a pulpy mass, arms twisted out of human fashion, legs broken in grotesque appearances. Keep wallowing in the abysmal depths of undiluted hopelessness and unbrilliance. When your father can't even head an organization of alaye boys, you're here condemning GEJ.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Because your father is a failure, you think other fathers are that incompetent?
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Ujupsy: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
madam nothing stops you from being a hero at least a big task await you, bring the girls back. pls leave Mr President alone you have your new elected hero worship him if you want i don't gives a dame
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Olufhemy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...

Then you are FINISHED

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Imo APC Factions Clash At APC National Convention In Abuja. Photos / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder / Simon Lalong Set To Resign As Tinubu’s Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.