Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63124 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by KingTom(m): 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Brimmie:
Thank you ma! Exactly what we've been telling them!

To them, If your House Rent expire and you leave The House peacefully, you deserve a Nobel Prize Award. At least for leaving in peace. Rubbish!!
undecided
Beautiful analogy! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by benstuber(m): 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:
A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!
Fact with a Capital F.....the legacy he has set will never be forgotten,, even in forthcoming elections....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Horus(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by papaejima1: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!
You too are a Hero my friend.
God will bless you and yours for saying it as it is.
I was about responding to the post when I came across your response.

All I have to add is that in 2 lifetimes Oby cannot achieve or even aspire to attain the height GEJ has attained in the last 1 wk.

Their anger is that GEJ stole the glory from their victory and dimished the import of their win. But try as they may, they cannot undo that which has been done!

GEJ MY HERO

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Emodeee: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
She introduced post-utme o. Everytime i c dis woman, i just always c post-utme in her forehead. Post-utme is jez putting money into d pockets of our tertiary institutes. Honestly, d new government should scrap it.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by bbjummy: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Na u get your mouth sha madam. U can run it any how tongue
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mars88(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
After the 2011 elections we all know how many lives were lost and we all know why those lives were lost wether or not we choose to acknowledge it. Such a tragedy has been averted so far due to the 'clueless one's' actions and we are grateful. THAT WOMAN JUST HAS ISSUES!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by patrickmuf(m): 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kizmarty:

You Dun fall my hand angry
What do you say of GMB's reaction after losing 2011 election then undecided
This your line is stale already Mr.
In 2011, GEJ was a beneficiary of the lapses evident in our system...Garnering votes numbering millions from every nook and cranny was just too Hollywood-like but now a few loose bolts were tightened, we all can see that in 2011, ghost voters elected a President for us...
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by holums(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

U av said it all..................now dat Buhari is d president-elect let's see how he will deal with boko haram and bring back our girls issues.....I won't be surprise when these two issues no longer disturb Nigeria suddenly. What people fails to realise is dat these things are politically motivated, 2 years to this time people will see d reality on ground. I hope Buhari too will be able replicate what Jonathan did now by conducting a credible election in 2019. Four years to this time we shall know our fate by then.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by hugafella(m): 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
I AM SURPRISED AT THE SHORT MEMORY THAT NIGERIA'S SEEM TO HAVE. WAS THIS NOT THE SAME BUHARI THAT LOST AN ELECTION AND INCITED HIS ALMAJIRI ARMY TO KILL NYSC MEMBERS, IBOS AND CHRISTIANS? DID HE CONCEDE DEFEAT? DID HE CONGRATULATE JONATHAN?

HE SHOULD BE IN INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT FOR INSTIGATING THE KILLING OF OVER 800. SUPPORTERS OF BUHARI ARE THE REAL PSYCHOPHNTS. SUPPORTERS OF SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL WICKEDNESS. SUPPORTERS OF THOSE WHO PROMISED TO MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE.

NO NIGERIAN PRESIDENT HAS EVER BEEN INTERNALLY SABOTAGED, VILIFIED, HUMILIATED AND CASTIGATED LIKE JONATHAN. EVEN OBASANJO THAT STOLE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE PRAISED BY THESE GOONS, BECAUSE HE IS YORUBA.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, NIGERIANS SHOULD PRAY THAT THE MILITANTS DON'T TREAT BUHARI THE SAME WAY THE HAUSAS TREATED JONATHAN. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS LEVEL OF UNWARRANTED HATRED FOR ANY NIGERIAN LEADER. DIFFERENT TRIBES ARE JUDGED DIFFERENTLY IT SEEMS. WHO DID NOT STEAL? OBJ? ABACHA? ABDULSALAMI?

ANYONE WHO SAYS JONATHAN IS NOT A HERO IS NOT ONLY FOOLISH, BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO SIT ON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF OIL, AND GIVE IT ALL UP. WORSE OF ALL, THAT THE OIL IS IN YOUR BACKYARD. IF THE HAUSAS HAD THIS OIL, NIGERIA WOULD BURN IF THEY EVER LOST ANY ELECTION.

SOME STUPID NIGERIANS SIMPLY AMAZE ME.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by dafuturis(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ralphcannon75:
Bull shit. What if Jonathan had made an utterance that he will not accept the result. Imagine the chaos we would have been in. Oby pls go and sleep.

That would have been better. He will go to court and lose than conceding defeat for some dumb a$$ to call him a hero.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ayusco85(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Texcoco:
To late bad belle Madame and her fellow janjaweedes commenters ^^^ above us.. Africa never mind West Africa or Nigeria for that matter has not only earned massive respect from the International Community but has become a better place after GEJ heroic gesture...He is already an African great...De babylon dawta ah fi better recognize...cho!

Ur posts are ways senseless. Ve some sense
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by xtervaganza(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
In a country where people consider d0pe head like ojukwu a hero

I'm not surprised the same mumu are making Jonathan a hero
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Borderless: 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
See Madam moralist. Na Aso Baba Iyaborr grab am the other day. Guess that's a tip of the iceberg of what they do behind closed doors. Carry ya wide mouth go somewhere else jare. Na now you fit talk am say Oga Jona no be hero, mtchewww.

Anyway when you see woman wey barb hair come dey Waka like say she get three legs, you gotta pick race. Dem kind na bad omen. Na so she wan take style hijack the bring back our girls movement. She sef wan become hero. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Edygrin:
Lol.. Coming from a madam that wanted to be #Bringbackourgirls hero but failed.

Lol.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by scobaba: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...

Arse wipe angry
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by philips70(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
vislabraye:

You think apc did not rig? A lot of people were disenfranchised, u know.

Ok, APC disenfranchised voters. Very nice conjectures. We all know the PDP as a party can't just do without rigging even when it's glaring they will record 100% votes from a polling booth.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
olas24u:
very true
I know an idiioot like you will be present to comment.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mbediogu(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/

Jonathan is not a hero, Ezekwesili oby is not. Neither will she be all her life. Nigerians, not Oby are the ones to declare their hero just as they declared who to vote for. In Igbo land it is a sin to strike a fallen man who cannot fight back. 'A wise is enough for the word'.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by hugafella(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
xtervaganza:
In a country where people consider d0pe head like ojukwu a hero

I'm not surprised the same mumu are making Jonathan a hero
your father, mother and entire lineage are d0pe heads. your dad personally trained a rascal like you. only a Bastard can make stupid comments. I'm sure your mother raised a cretin in you and all your siblings. id!ot!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by scarpa: 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
New Beginning!
I was left in tears when i read Presidents
Goodlucks
congratulatory message to Gen. Buhari
I was not crying because i felt like crying, i was not
crying cause i supported him and he lost, but i cried
cause his words arrested my emotions.
He wished his opponent a good administration
ahead, he congratulated him and accepted defeat.
I could remember by this time in 2011, Buhari never
accepted that he lost, he promised Jonathan that
he will
make his administration ungovernable for him and
he later fulfilled his promise. His supporters took to
the streets and slaughtered innocent Nigerians but
he never stopped the killings.
But today, he has won that same man that defeated
him in 2011 but got a congratulatory message
instead of threats. He has wished him success and
not promising him an ungovernable tenure.
Few weeks to the election, the people we call our
leaders were busy sending threats to themselves
and
leaving the poor masses gripped with fear. Some
people left the country with fear of the aftermath of
the election. But today you'v restored peace by
accepting defeat peacefuly.
Oh! Jonathan, you've shown us that you'r a good
man. You'v shown African leaders the true definition
of democracy. You wished not to influence the
elections with your powers, you wished not to
cancel
the election when you can do it and nothing will
happen.
Posterity will never forget you where ever you go. I
am still your fan for life. You'r a good and
gentleman
but sorrounded by ingrates and fools that care for
their pockets alone.
Oh Jona! You lost the election but won my heart....send it to all ur friends who believe in GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Odi people got what they deserved.

Do you lot remember what that callous, wicked and evil tribe did?

Policemen and soldiers were sent to restore peace. They killed these men, beheaded them and destroyed their corpses. This wasn't one or two or three or four or five or six policemen/soldiers.

Obj gave them an ultimate to release the corposes of the innocent policemen that were only doing their job, yet they refused. OBJ told them to give up those behind the death of those policemen, yet the refused and OBJ rightly sent the army there and brought the whole town to its knees.

Till date, whenever they see a policeman or soldier in that town, they flee.

Till date, no village or town in the naija delta region will ever try what the Odi indigenes did.

You do not massacre innocent policemen and military men for no reason and think you will get away with it. There's a reason why we've got a "commander in chief". Those men had wives, kids, mothers and fathers.

Even if OBJ is dragged to the ICC over the issue, he will be acquitted.

And for the barbaric act of a few, you labelled an entire tribe as wicked, callous and evil?

What more can I say?
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by tete7000(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
This woman wants appointment and I think she should be given one and we see how well she will perform. Of course we haven't forgotten how she grounded the unity schools unilaterally for some sessions in her quest to try her 9-3-4 education system during her spell as Minister of Education before she was moved away from that ministry. She and her fans will call that one too her achievement. smh
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by udemzyudex(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Are we now supposed to forget the monumental and universally acclaimed misrule of GEJ because of one act he was bullied into by the likes of David Cameron, Obama et al? GEJ did not want to leave and was not prepared to leave hence the massive rigging - and we have even seen the video proof - conducted for him in Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom et al.

Whether people know it or not, the result, which showed Buhari had won despite the massive rigging of team GEJ, had been known since Sunday. Many moved behind the scene to convince GEJ not to try anything funny and subtle threats were deployed. GEJ, as expected of his self-serving nature, preferred not to piss-off this powerful lobby group. They never wanted to hand over and were willing to do anything to sit tight. Many simply showed GEJ he will be made to account for his action if chaos ensued because he did not want to accept the outcome of an election he clearly lost. GEJ was 'strong-armed' to accept defeat.
you never make any sense before... In election,the best rigger wins...

The fact that Ameachi didn't vote doesn't mean others didn't vote...

You think OBJ would have conceeded defeat if he was the one in power?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Is gej d army or chief of staff I think he has done his best by pushing BH out of there solid ground....

Imagine incumbency loss in an election which if he wanted he would have rigged....

Imagine calling d president elect b4 results were announced....

Imagine averting the danger which could cause chaos if he had win especially in d North.. .

Peace election without bloodshed...

Gej deserve my respect till eternity for bringing democracy historically to Nigeria.. . .

#respect
#gej
#nigeria
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/
and we've heard u madam know-it-all..Perhaps it is OBJ de sit-tight president dat deserves de accolades..only den will ur runny stomach for anytin GEJ wil stop

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by snapshot: 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Brimmie:
Thank you ma! Exactly what we've been telling them!

To them, If your House Rent expire and you leave The House peacefully, you deserve a Nobel Prize Award. At least for leaving in peace. Rubbish!!
undecided

hahahaha,this is the dumbest analogy ever.mumu who goes to war if a tenant refuses to pack
out of a house,but a country may experience crises such as war if president Jonathan refuses to leave.
I perceive you are still a toddler when IBB annulled 1993 presidential elections and you are so ignorant
of world history.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ALISMILE(m): 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
soloafe:
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.
Am nt surprised they re disappointed at her! Ibos ve been lackin brains since the time Jacob!That is d reason y they ll continue to watch why odas rule ova them! Afta d tenure of GMB power is coming back to the SW! They ll continue to loose out in d equation!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by elopee3000(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:
Mr Ebele is not a hero to me, the real HERO is the man who never gave up his dream, the man who kept trying, the man who never stopped believing. General Muhammadu Buhari is the hero not Ebele.

Talking of heroes, the Late Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh over Ebele.
u must be from ibadan cus I can see tiger craw on ur face
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by chamboy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
soloafe:
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.
what is Igbo Nation.. Gathering of Hypocrites
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by esther1994(f): 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
I tink he did that to save this country, jus has Christ lay down His life for us.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by hugafella(m): 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
ALISMILE:
Am nt surprised they re disappointed at her! Ibos ve been lackin brains since the time Jacob!That is d reason y they ll continue to watch why odas rule ova them! Afta d tenure of GMB power is coming back to the SW! They ll continue to loose out in d equation!

ibos don't need power you d!ckhead! they already have their kind of power. and they will use it to bring Jiminy and PDP to power in Lagos State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

"See How Scared APC Are At Borno Rally, Fear Of 'Defeated' Boko Haram"- Adeyanju / I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.