Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63151 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by skykenny: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
dustmalik:
I'm inclined to agree with her.
I disagree with her! If Oby knows the number of lives GEJ saved by conceding defeat, she will leave Chibok girls for now and give honour to who honour is due.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Plus234(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kizmarty:

Don't try to disclaim this...don't try it at all,except you've not been following news in Nigeria.
Buhari did say it.

provide evidence or u forever shut up
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by skyra: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
braine:
I think he's not worth the status too. Conceding defeat is the only right thing to do coz we all saw that he actually lost. So I don't see what the big deal is.
you would not b saying this if he had done a mugabe on us. He is on record to have said his ambition isn't worth the blood of any nigerian.
Truth be told, there was massive rigging on both sides of the divide, would buhari have conceeded defeat if he had lost? Somehow I doubt he would.
Whatever else he may be, he earned my respect and deepest thanks for accepting the peoples wishes and bowing out gracefully from the stage

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Caveatemptor(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan was a mediocre,corrupt president.He is not and can never be a hero in my books.
So because he lost an election by a humongous margin and agreed to hand over to the winner he is a hero?
Indeed the mind boggles.
For your information Jonathan never intended to conceed defeat, but was through his hench men manipulating and manufacturing figures in the South South and the South East.
It was the stern warning from the USA and Uk that scared him and made him call the winner to conceed defeat.
Jonathan was scares sh1tless of ending up like Laurent Gbagbo or Charles Taylor.
General Buhari has promised him a soft landing so that you can retire to Otuoke to enjoy your ill gotten wealth that belongs to the collective Nigerian populace.
Hero my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ojeffo: 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
THIS WOMAN'S UGLINESS HAVE ENTERED HER BRAIN...RESULT OF EXCESSIVE KISSING AND MATING WITH THE OTTA MONKEY...
IF GEJ IS NOT A HERO...THEN
BUHARI IS NOT A CHANGE AGENT..
BUHARI IS NOT A DEMOCRAT
EVEN U UGLY OBY IS NOT TRUTHFULLY COMMITED TO THE BBOG CAUSE.
IN 2011..BUHARI LOST..WAT HAPPENED...NOW SHE IS DISAPPOINTED THAT GEJ HAS STRENGTHENED OUR DEMOCRACY
HE IS NOW A SWEET PART OF THE HISTORY OF NIGRRIA'S DEMOCRACY.
NOT OBY'S SIDE DUDE..OBY OF OTTA

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by tbaba1234: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kizmarty:

2011 after losing the election
I can't believe we're debating this sad

Where and when.. we are debating it because you are wrong. That statement was never made by Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by luggy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
I totaly disagreed wit her., GEJ is the Hero why GMB is a Bokoo haram

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Plus234(m): 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jaisman26:
i kept wondering why this obi (prostitute) really want.....after sleeping around with obj she tried gej when resisted her seduction now see what she is causing here......

and your mother is also a prostitute because OBJ slept with her too

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
How do you define heroism? Is it when your courage comes under fire? When you're graceful under pressure? Or, when you unleash uncontrolled fits of emotions?
What Jonathan did that day was one moment in time.The collective pulse of the nation had reached astronomical levels.People sat on the edges of their seats with bated breaths.He seized the moment and condescended to the role of the defeated.What he did nipped the violence that. would have been in the bud.A dark cloud of fear hung over the nation.By throwing in the towel and congratulating Buhari, he deserves a hero's status.
The clouds of fear roled away and a carnival atmosphere followed.Love him or loathe he's a hero!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Plus234(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
skyra:
you would not b saying this if he had done a mugabe on us. He is on record to have said his ambition isn't worth the blood of any nigerian.
Truth be told, there was massive rigging on both sides of the divide, would buhari have conceeded defeat if he had lost? Somehow I doubt he would.
Whatever else he may be, he earned my respect and deepest thanks for accepting the peoples wishes and bowing out gracefully from the stage

he is a bloody civilian and he cant do anything,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Kobeje(m): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:
A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is our national hero!

On point. Wish I could add more than just one like.

Even the international community commended him, yet for bad belle, some people just refuse to see it.

It shows that many of these people cannot accept sound reason that does not tally with thier ideas. Hmmm! Na waaa o.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by skykenny: 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
pazienza:
Ezekwesili, jee dono ani, GEJ is a hero.
Idi ok.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by omonesz: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Obiageli u are one woman I used to respect a lot,but dis unguarded comments of urs just discredited every respect and personality I used to have for you...... GEJ could have rig d elections in his favor but instead choose the path of true democracy, for once giving d ordinary man d power to make their votes count in d most freest and fairest elections ever conducted in the history of Nigeria......

Kudos to GEJ, he may not b d best but certainly his name would go down in history as d architect of true democracy in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by pasol4real(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians kneextent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/
This woman is Just an unrepentant critique of gej.what exactly is her problem ?when we review gej''s time in office am very sure he wud be regarded as the best president Nigeria ever had.his achievements are so numerous that i wonder If gmb wud b able to meet up with gej's pace .This is a Man that has single handedly saved Nigeria from the brinks of collapse,disaster n war.n yet Some one somewhere says he is not a hero .Gej is not Just a hero he is a legend ,a nationalist n a true leader.As for that ugly punk headed bitch she should never in her life cross the ss or the se.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Bizibi(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
turbodee:
i find it very difficult comprehending the stands of dat woman. her principal, Gen obasanjo had the opportunity to be great but we all knw his outcome. madam chibok girls is only looking for relevance.
president jonathan is ma HERO and will remain one for life. make she go hug transformer if she like bcus d whole world has accepted him as the hero of modern democracy in nigeria n nothing can take dat away.
we all knw how elections are won n lost in nigeria. just because apc has won now the election is free and fair n credible.
we all knw how they won it in the north. u're pnly talking bout SS/SE. it was very obvious and still it that those traitors called apc leaders in the SS/SE can never deliver dis zone to apc. even if the election is repeated 200 times they'll never deliver SS/SE to the apc.
we all saw how they won in the north. using all the almajiris whom the president has built schls for the rig.
ops are just blinded by hate. they don't wanna face the truth n accept it.
this same ripping will still be to any southerner who wanna contest with a northerner and dat includes the yorubas. yes una time dey come too den we go remind una of dis idious act
bros,I don tire fr them,they will still talk about him later this year as fr sw,leave them na their time,table will always turn
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by all4gud(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nigerians are very funny people. The same people in this forum that agreed to the fact that GEJ is an hero are now saying he is not just because this woman have said that GEJ is not. Unstable people Al the way
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by MoneyGreen(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!
National Zero you mean
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Plus234(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
omonesz:
Obiageli u are one woman I used to respect a lot,but dis unguarded comments of urs just discredited every respect and personality I used to have for you...... GEJ could have rig d elections in his favor but instead choose the path of true democracy, for once giving d ordinary man d power to make their votes count in d most freest and fairest elections ever conducted in the history of Nigeria......

Kudos to GEJ, he may not b d best but certainly his name would go down in history as d architect of true democracy in Nigeria....

yes just like the way u have been respecting Fr Mbaka before the new yr message, any way there nothing pdp and gej can do about it after all the rigging's and yet he still lost, him for try nonsense, na inside kirikiri prison he will find him self

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by bid4rich(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Let her go and sit down. She has been looking for attention under GEJ but was not given. Now, she is looking for favour from GMB. We know your tactics ma. Go and sit down as GMB doesnt have you in mind in his cabinet. Say something else.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by bamdexfarms(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...

am still surprised you have not crept back into your shell
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by openmine(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!
You spoke...ad infintum likes 4 You...!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Amitex(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/

Madam, you are truly funny! Then who deserves the Hero status, OBJ that manipulated elections and orchestrated 3rd Term Agenda

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Hope15: 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Symphony007:
This woman turned from a "rights activist" to a full blown political hack..let me see if she will also barrage the buhari administration to bring back the girl, needless to say she is already positioning herself for a ministerial position...possibly information minister since she was a very efficient attack dog for the APC, turning an issue of national grief to political ammunition.

Hate her much as you'll like, she has a very good following across the country! And BTW, since she has shown some loyalty to the cause of change, it is only natural she's considered for some appointment.......deal with that.

Lest I forget, she is damn right....there's no heroism in conceding defeat, that's the normal thing expected of him. Doing otherwise will be an aberration.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by iyrojc(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:
Those who call him "hero" are the problem with this country and sick in the head.

And add to that some people actually mentioned a Nobel prize....

Smh
Have u been a classprefect in ur life? Have ever led a Group before? Brother, applaud someone when he does Good and don't always be fast to criticize. Are u better than those internationals that commended the President.? Or are you more sensible than them?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by teddyphil: 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Madame you are on your own.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by iretiland: 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ has so much corrupted the Nigerian spirit that many people can't distinguish between good and bad. But the presence of the likes Oby Ezekwesili with her ability to differentiate between right and wrong means that Nigeria still has a hope for the future. It is only in Nigeria that millions will be praising the likes of GEJ who within a few years in power destroyed most credible institutions of state just for his own benefit. Posterity will judge him and the souls that his agents sent to early graves will stands against him at any finest moment has hopes to have at any future days.
Under GEJ, Nigeria needed to rely on Chad and Niger to reclaim a number of her towns from BH, all these while the erst-while meritorious Nigeria military denied ever loosing any territory. The C-in-C lost all control over the military and turn them to objects of scorn with useless and pot-bellied generals only good at stealing money and denying several of their own who were fine officers in the past. In other climes, GEJ will quietly enter a whole and shut himself indoors for ever.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by nwadiuko1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:

word! Take another instance, imagine what would have happened if at that particular time orubebe was having issues with jega, if jonathan had succumbed to the temptation of putting just ONE call across to the IGP.....imagine causing commotion and spraying everybody with tear gas in the guise of restoring order and possibly destroying all the collated result in the ensuing melee, and then declaring a state of emergency..........jonathan might have been everything from corrupt to clueless.....but some dumb folks do not know what that guy averted by just ONE call he put to buhari,.....probably blood would have bleached the dog and baboon by now

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Plus10(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gej is our hero get that useless woman!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jonathan is a bull in a china store, just make peace with him till he leave your store
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mars88(m): 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
What is her legacy as a former minister(was it education again?). She simply talks too much and now it is starting to look like she just wants to be relevant to the new government
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mclement: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ is no hero, oby's boyfriend, obasanjo is the real hero of Nigeria lolz
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by snapshot: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Horus:
A Kleptocrat cannot be a hero; Stop worshiping mediocrity

Tinubu is the richest landlord in Lagos,and i guess he inherited those properties from his father.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Imo APC Factions Clash At APC National Convention In Abuja. Photos / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder / Simon Lalong Set To Resign As Tinubu’s Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.