Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero (27437 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by stronger: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
I have been in Nigeria for quite a while and it beats me how a people can be so insensitive, attention seeking and never know when to give up.

I have always tried to stay away from political discus especially when it is difficult to be objective or expect that the other party tries to be, no matter how little.

Oby Ezekwesili is one woman who has had her chance to build Nigeria, how much she was able to impact on the polity is a topic for another day.

She obviously, like most of us, wanted to hold on and remain in the political space and especially considering the fact that her party [/b]was still in power. But Uncle Joe wouldn't have any of that and that explains her fighting from the other side (very understandable)

[b]She had done her best in trying to ridicule the Presidency especially using her bring back our girls campaign
. Not my business.

She had openly identified with the opposition. Understandable

But she doesn't have the right to choose whom our heroes are.

Our lives are not lived on the TV and might not worth anything to her other than a veiled advocacy which of course would be belated. So we choose our hero who made sure nothing happened to us.

After the conduct of the Presidential Elections, a lot of us, Corp Members, Market women, Christians living in the north (even where they are majority) slept with our eyes open, looked back with every step thrown, left our known residents, closed down our businesses, avoided a lot of places, vowed not to be part of of the elections anymore due to the obvious danger should GEJ do what Oby and those she worked for do just to win an election.

Our lives were in danger, our investments stood the risk of being torched by irate un enlightened followers who do not understand. How a democracy works.

But this man decided not to let all these happen, he didn't use the tools at his disposal to ensure he remains there and when he lost, he didn't cry on national TV wiping up sentiments and threatening to bring down the heavens, he didn't wait for people to act first and cause mayhem which off course would have been replied, he acted first.

He conceded defeat and on time, no protests that would have led to the loss of lives, all the fears were allayed and the known violence that would have followed if the result turned the other way averted.

So GEJ is my hero, and that of a thousand folks whose being and well-being were threatened.
He doesn't have to be yours given that you were made irrelevant in his government, he doesn't have to be yours since your loyalty unquestionably lies the other way, he just doesn't have to be your hero but don't tell us whom our hero should be.

#GEJMyHero
#GEJdnewface of democratic Nigeria

Fantastic piece! Sadly, filled with immense falsehood. Next time, do a bit of research instead of making a mockery of yourself with pseudo-intellectualism.

(1) You say "her party was still in power!. Oby was NEVER in the PDP. Just because she served under Obasanjo does not mean she was in the PDP. Many non-partisan technocrats are encouraged to serve a govt. It's how a nation grows. read her wiki profile;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiageli_Ezekwesili

(2) She ridiculed the presidency using BBOG. Yes, you are right. She is the one that asked the president to not say a word on the Chibok girls for over 18 days. She is the one that asked the military to not attempt to prevent the situation when they had 4 hours pre-notice. She is the one that told members of the presidency to deny the existence of the Chibok girls, LIE that they have been rescued, LIE about a negotiation etc. It was her abi? THINK!! No one will do it for you! Every point GEJ losed for his mishandling of the Chibok girls was all his fault! Wake up!

If your sister was among the girls, will you keep quiet because you don't want to "embarass" the president? Think!

(3) She openly identified with the opposition. LOL! You really need to keep abreast with current affairs. One of the downfalls of GEJ and his cronies was thinking anyone against him is in the opposition! SMH!! I supported Buhari, but if he messes up, I will criticise him! Will that make me a PDP member? Take a seat!

For your info, here is the speech Oby gave at an APC summit where she CRITICISED them, asking them to not just be a "change of acronyms" but come up with a real programme etc. Read!!
http://omojuwa.com/2014/03/the-uncomfortable-truth-of-elusive-economic-development-read-oby-ezekwesilis-address-at-the-apc-summit/

(4) What GEj did was ORDINARY! However, considering our peculiar political climate, it was at best COMMENDABLE!! finish! Hero? BS!! Tell that to the chibok girls, tell that to the 18000 dead, 3 million displaced because of his NEGLIGENCE!!! Tell them!

(5) The danger of celebrating MEDIOCRITY is that our leaders begin to underperform, because, afterall, you the slaves will clap for them at every little thing they do! SLAVE MENTALITY!

(6) Finally, you say she can't choose your hero for you! You are right!!!
**Hitler is a hero to some
**Dracula is a hero to some
**The devil is a hero to some

If you decide that the callous, clueless, incompetent soon to be EX-president is your hero, be my guest!
Whatever makes you sleep at night mate!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by LordofWar: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by BlackPeni5: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2015
Attention seeking woman....just like her Mentor Obasanjo, she doesn't want to be out shined.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by gunther6(m): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
I have been in Nigeria for quite a while and it beats me how a people can be so insensitive, attention seeking and never know when to give up.

I have always tried to stay away from political discus especially when it is difficult to be objective or expect that the other party tries to be, no matter how little.

Oby Ezekwesili is one woman who has had her chance to build Nigeria, how much she was able to impact on the polity is a topic for another day.

She obviously, like most of us, wanted to hold on and remain in the political space and especially considering the fact that her party was still in power. But Uncle Joe wouldn't have any of that and that explains her fighting from the other side (very understandable)

She had done her best in trying to ridicule the Presidency especially using her bring back our girls campaign. Not my business.

Our lives are not lived on the TV and might not worth anything to her other than a veiled advocacy which of course would be belated. So we choose our hero who made sure nothing happened to us.

After the conduct of the Presidential Elections, a lot of us, Corp Members, Market women, Christians living in the north (even where they are majority) slept with our eyes open, looked back with every step thrown, left our known residents, closed down our businesses, avoided a lot of places, vowed not to be part of of the elections anymore due to the obvious danger should GEJ do what Oby and those she worked for do just to win an election.

Our lives were in danger, our investments stood the risk of being torched by irate un enlightened followers who do not understand. How a democracy works.

But this man decided not to let all these happen, he didn't use the tools at his disposal to ensure he remains there and when he lost, he didn't cry on national TV wiping up sentiments and threatening to bring down the heavens, he didn't wait for people to act first and cause mayhem which off course would have been replied, he acted first.

He conceded defeat and on time, no protests that would have led to the loss of lives, all the fears were allayed and the known violence that would have followed if the result turned the other way averted.

So GEJ is my hero, and that of a thousand folks whose being and well-being were threatened.
He doesn't have to be yours given that you were made irrelevant in his government, he doesn't have to be yours since your loyalty unquestionably lies the other way, he just doesn't have to be your hero but don't tell us whom our hero should be.

#GEJMyHero

How much were you paid to write this crap?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:

She obviously, like most of us, wanted to hold on and remain in the political space and especially considering the fact that her party was still in power. But Uncle Joe wouldn't have any of that and that explains her fighting from the other side (very understandable)

She had done her best in trying to ridicule the Presidency especially using her bring back our girls campaign. Not my business.

#GEJMyHero

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by kindnyce(m): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2015
MADAM OBY EQUALLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE HER POINTS OR DECISIONS KNOWN

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:

#GEJMyHero

Well said...

8 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by babestella: 11:13am On Apr 04, 2015
tripod:
Op you have the right not to agree with her. What u think about her does not change the fact that most of the pple calling gej a hero do so based squarely on sentiments.
For your to get the gist of her discuss you have to disabuse your mind. Lets wait for the report on gej's administration after may29 to see how much of a hero he realy is.
For me gej does not fit in the mould of a hero. His policies and actioons leading to the general elections were very unpopular. Even in the face of defeat he was still desperate and hungry. He neve wanted to leave. Forget about what you see on the surface.
All na wash!

That is your opinion sir.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by chemmerfrank(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2015
Ehm a people dosent seem correct to me...a is singular and people is plural... Like a children isn't correct either. So you mofos saying its corrrect should tell me something I don't know!
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2015
Goodluck's action foots the bill of a local hero... Imagine arsenal and liverpool at 1-1 draw and its 90mins 3 extra time... From out of the blue,Gerrard fires in a thunderous bullet of a shot to seal a 1-2 win.He's a hero for the moment. Finally,na rubbish I write here oh. Lfc for life!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by hensben(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2015
I like this game....@op OBY can choose not to call him her hero too, you see reason why this your post is irrelevant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2015
gunther6:

How much were you paid to write this crap?
not everything can be quantified in monetary terms but atleast my friends and I can walk the streets of Northern states safely and watch the Jubilant people knowing how violent it would have been.

Thank you

11 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Billygee2u: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Don't mind that woman ,who have enrich herself with the case of Chibok girls.She is always seeking for relivance.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by chronique(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2015
I'm laughing seriously at the dude trying to correct someone. It once again validates my belief that most Nigerians have poor educational backgrounds. When people have poor basic education and refuse to develop themselves further,this is what you get.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by XRAY21(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again
fool see them idiot can you ever be a hero stupi.d person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Billygee2u: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Attention seeking woman....just like her Mentor Obasanjo, she doesn't want to be out shined.
lover not mentor

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by loomer: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again

What's wrong with the title

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by davidmoyes(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:

#GEJMyHero
God bless you and your family. I'd me more than happy If only this would have had better publicity. #GEJMyHero #GEJdnewface of democratic Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by MalcoImX: 11:20am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
thank God say d thing e no dey form cgpa sha.

The unfortunate thing you failed to see the Sacrifice in Christ's death but rather the mortality.

A hero doesn't necessary have to die, all he/she has to do is Sacrifice time, money, comfort, ambition, role, you name it. It is only in extreme measures that life and death comes to play.

Gorrit now

#GEJMYHER
Sacrifice embodies all those, including death. Death is mentioned because it's the most difficult and the ultimate price. When it comes to it, if you cannot stand in for what you believed in, it only means even those other 'less sacrifices' can be withheld.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by ShineuEye: 11:20am On Apr 04, 2015
She and okonjo were together in obj and yar'adua government.
Oby is angry gej picked okonjo iweala rather than both of them.

10 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by phelps007: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2015
I don't know why some people like seeking attention this way. Oby said GEJ is not her hero, you came out to say he is your own hero. Whatever happens to choice. You better don't kill yourself because of another person's choice. If you even say patience jonathan is your mentor now, no sensible person will argue with you.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by highmood(m): 11:21am On Apr 04, 2015
What I said in some of my comments. Its the thousand of lives he saved and the war he averted that made him an hero not because he actually lose. Come to think of it, he had the right to display his dissatisfaction over the conduct of the election having received complains about the issue of low distribution of PVC in the south while the north have received thiers, the failure of the card readers, the issue of child voters are issues.
just because he accepted defeat, we all are witness to the fact that economic activities which have been stagnant due to apprehension have started receiving life.
So oby should take a nap. We need to move on as a country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by RiffRaff: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2015
Should we all be deemed a Hero everytime we do the right thing..
GEJ is no hero. He lost an election in a democratic government. He accepted his loss. How does that make him a Hero?
I should also get a Nobel everytime i dont run a red light in traffic or throw dirt on the street.
Hero my as's!

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ is no hero. Period! So If them beat you for race you go tif the medal abi? Nigerians have been benighted from staying too long in darkness that they don't know what it is to live under a clean system. Little wonder politicians still use petty things as tarring a road to campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by onome2013: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2015
Madam , you have the right to say what you said. But everybody understands why you think so. If you were a partaker in his administration for the national cake , you won't throw stones now.
However, the whole world (America to Africa)agreed that Good luck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is an hero .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by XRAY21(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2015
tripod:
Op you have the right not to agree with her. What u think about her does not change the fact that most of the pple calling gej a hero do so based squarely on sentiments.
For your to get the gist of her discuss you have to disabuse your mind. Lets wait for the report on gej's administration after may29 to see how much of a hero he realy is.
For me gej does not fit in the mould of a hero. His policies and actioons leading to the general elections were very unpopular. Even in the face of defeat he was still desperate and hungry. He neve wanted to leave. Forget about what you see on the surface.
All na wash!
even if he failed what did you general do in 2011 he went to ginger his almajiri to kill people bcouse he lost. did you know usa stationed plane in ghana to come and carry there citizen when fight start. You don't know the value of what he did if he had acted like GMB you would have seen that nigeria would have divided . The westan world though so
#GEJMYHERO

8 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by tunde4eva: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Kindly cancel that 'A' and the title will be okay
lol. Olodo rabata
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2015
That's what happens when an old woman is addicted to twitter. And she is filled with hate too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by qualityovenbake(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2015
I doff my hat for GEF. Many of our ex president would rather have held on to power.

Not too long ago, the last administration before President Gef, never wanted to relinquish power even though the president was dead. The situation of the former president health was kept as a secret from public domain but still, they held on to power.

President GEf actions after the election results makes him my HERO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Wizlove(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Kindly cancel that 'A' and the title will be okay
Mumu na mumu even if him go school.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by BabaO2: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2015
[s]
mcdokwe:

#GEJMyHero
[/s]
These people, stop defiling everything that comes to you by chance and stop insulting heroism. Jonathan only chose freedom and live over incarceration and death that awaits him if he had not conceded peacefully. Physical evidences of violence reported to ICC by opposition party has gravely implicated him. Video and reminder of Gbagbo and Simone by OBJ was reoccurring in his brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lateef Ajikanle Electrocuted In Flooding / Tinubu: APC Presidential Rally In Osogbo, Osun State (Pictures, Video) / Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Meets With Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.