Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero (27412 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Godskidmidas(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Ok. That's how 'a' people behave when they are corrected. Oya leave am like that.
Oh boy! you're wrong joor, a people is correct
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by digitalembrace(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
he didn't die for me and he implicitly stated no one should die for him and he made sure a lot of us didn't die for nothing

I honestly don't understand why people hate this man so much that even the glaring good he did is denied. It beggars belief. If the roles were reversed Buhari would not have accepted defeat in good faith, he has a long history establishing that precedent and the same goes for many of our previous presidents that ostensibly believe their retention for power is worth a couple of lives.

You can call him a loser or corrupt or clueless but because of his gallant acceptance of defeat there are a handful of people living and breathing today that would otherwise be in a morgue. It's a pity that petty partisanship can lead some of us to deny that heroic act of compassion and patriotism. That they can't forget the man and embrace that lone good even though their brother or sister may owe their lives to his very atypical exit is just sad.

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
#gej my hero

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by tripod(m): 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
nationwide1:
If I had insulted you in any way in my post, I'm very sorry. It's not my character. Accept my apology.

You are welcome bro.
One love!
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by papaejima1: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

To start with, you have every right to call even Satan your hero same same way the woman to say otherwise so of what relevance is your needless upside down essay?

Jona lost the election and gave up a long time ago and the world read him exactly what he should do or end up in jail. The Gbabo references wasn't thrown out there for him to hear for nothing. He basically did himself a favour by surrendering willingly.

On the other hand, we won't forget his disastrous, shameful, embarrassing record , we won't forget our hundreds of missing school girls the weak, incompetent and coward president failed to protect and rescue while his mean, cruel, crude and crass wife ridiculed and abused the victims and their parents.

We won't forget how this coward, insensitive and worthless man jet off to kano to dance while the blood of innocent Nigerians was still wet on the ground in Abuja .

We won't forget how this coward and thoughtless man exonerated terrorists before investigation after scores of Nigerians perished in a bomb blast in Abuja.

We won't forget how how he betrayed Nigerians, our laws and democracy when he not only staged the rigging in ekiti, but also crookedly refused to investigate the incident and punished the culprits even after the same culprits confessed.

We won't forget how the corrupt and lawless president made one of the culprits a minister in Nigeria. That was a slap on democracy and Nigerians in general.

We won't forget how the same weak, cowardly and incompetent president looked the other way while his own wife and the wan he sleeps with insults and threatened Nigerians he swore to protect with violence

We won't forget how this crooked and corrupt president scammed and killed young and unemployed Nigerian job seekers and till today demanded zero accountability on their behalf.

We won't forget that the Naira under this man is N250/Dollar with millions of unemployed graduates.

We won't forget how he supervised the most corrupt and incompetent administration on the surface of the earth...

People like this man you call hero are impeached, disgraced out of office and even prosecuted in lawful, sane and orderly societies..

There's a lot we won't forget and won't hesitate to share with our children and unborn children...

Just quoting you so that in 2 months time and upwards I will always remind you about this post with reference to your hero.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by papaejima1: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
stronger:

The northerners protested and I COMPLETELY CONDEMN THEIR ACTIONS!! COMPLETELY!! It was demonic to kill people because of a loss. I already said that I don't support what they did. I was only giving the reason why they protested. They SAW irregularities taking place.

The PDP in the SS can't say the same in 2015, why? Because THEY rigged and that was not enough to save them. That's why I think there would not have been massive protests. GEJ conceding was however very commendable! Doesn't make him a hero to many people simple!
Can you in all sincerity and truthfully say that there was no rigging in the north in 2011?

I hope the reported cases of underage voting and illegal migrants bused in from Niger republic on election day in 2011 were just figments of people's imaginations?
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by stronger: 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
papaejima1:

Can you in all sincerity and truthfully say that there was no rigging in the north in 2011?

I hope the reported cases of underage voting and illegal migrants bused in from Niger republic on election day in 2011 were just figments of people's imaginations?

Oh there was DEFINITELY rigging in the north in 2011. By the PDP. many videos were circulated then showing it. That is why the CPC supporters protested. Again, their manner of protest was DEMONIC! people should have been made to pay for that!

Secondly, PDP is complaining of underage voting in this election yet they haven't tendered evidence (except on picture from Tarab or Gombe or wherever). If there were MILLIONS of underage voters like they claim, it shouldn't be so hard to prove it with pictures, videos etc. And to prove that they were voting APC too. Let's see sha.

Cheers.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by aresa: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
papaejima1:

Just quoting you so that in 2 months time and upwards I will always remind you about this post with reference to your hero.

Remind me anytime, I care less. I won't hesitate to bash and trash GMB if he transgressed because I'm not a one track minded zombie like many of you. This is about Nigeria, not about buhari....
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Moheat(m): 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again

At least the message was passed.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Omooba77: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
stronger:

Buhari rejected the outcome (and the people protested) because they felt they were rigged out. I am not justifying it but that's why they protested.
GEj on the other hand could never have made such claims! We ALL saw how all the results from around the country were announced before the SS votes were compiled (they were waiting to hike figures) and we saw the false turn out % there as well. So GEJ and the PDP could not have felt cheated. GMB beat them fair and square in spite of their attempts to cheat!

BUT, it is till commendable that GEJ called. That act DOES NOT mean everything he did (or did not do) over the past years should be forgiven and we should call him a hero! NO!! NOT FOR ME!

But, like I concluded, if mcdokwe and a handful of people insist on calling him a hero so they can sleep well at night, no problem. The irony of this thread is also the fact that,

Dear Mcdokwe, A people have the right to refuse to call someone a hero!

GEJ has done what a sensible leader should have done in that circumstance .....We are entitiled to our opinion,GEJ remains a world hero.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Moheat(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
Wat os oby's twitter handle so i cant tweet some sense to her

@obyezeks
Please help me bash that amber rose headed old woman
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Bayswater: 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Ok. That's how 'a' people behave when they are corrected. Oya leave am like that.

You need to go back to 'a school'.

Oponu.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by ArodewilliamsT: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Kindly cancel that 'A' and the title will be okay

Almajiri when i told you that you are illiterate, you thought i was joking. Unfortunately your kind permeate all of Nigeria's politicosphere. GMB must build more western schools in the north to ensure that your type never leads this country. Else we are doomed.

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Moheat(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
arent88:
dear op as much as you have every right to choose who ever u wanted to be ur hero,i urge u guys to stop this madness of sudenly making gej a saint and even advocating for him to be given a nobel peace price just because he did what every sane human being would do in a sane enviroment by accepting defeat.this is a man who divided nigeria along ethnic and religious line,crippled the the country with corruption.sudenly he is now the best tin to hav happend to nigeria since sliced bread.pls stop the mediocrity.

You just referred to Nigeria as sane environment? So Nigeria was not a sane environment in 2011 when GMB threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable? I think you're the one that's being sentimental here.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
If Buhari Had Done Wat Jonthan Did In 2011, Lives Wud Have Bin Spared
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by papaejima1: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
aresa:

Remind me anytime, I care less. I won't hesitate to bash and trash GMB if he transgressed because I'm not a one track minded zombie like many of you. This is about Nigeria, not about buhari....
The bolded just described you from your own mouth.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Moheat(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Who said the op is wrong and what's his monicker please? Which geo-political area is he from? I need to do some investigations please.
grin grin

See the guy moniker abduljabbar4. I sensed he is from one of these educational less developed Zones. lol

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by papaejima1: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
stronger:

Oh there was DEFINITELY rigging in the north in 2011. By the PDP. many videos were circulated then showing it. That is why the CPC supporters protested. Again, their manner of protest was DEMONIC! people should have been made to pay for that!

Secondly, PDP is complaining of underage voting in this election yet they haven't tendered evidence (except on picture from Tarab or Gombe or wherever). If there were MILLIONS of underage voters like they claim, it shouldn't be so hard to prove it with pictures, videos etc. And to prove that they were voting APC too. Let's see sha.

Cheers.
grin grin grin
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Moheat(m): 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
gogodaye:
Madam Oby.....'Slaughterable' Nigerians have found a hero in PGEJ.....for single handedly making the prophesied 'bloodbath of baboons and dogs' a wish never come true fables to be told...

We understand Madam Oby has found for herself a hero in OBJ and the teeming millions of the earlier marked but saved 'slaughterable' Nigerians have never for once begrudged her of her choice.........

Nigerians would accord Madam Oby the attention she craves when she comes out in the open to tell her contributory role in the OBJ third term saga.....until she does that she can continue to whinne to the lower heavens......and show how unmanned she is..........
Our sympathies go to her spouse..... His daily travails are not worthy of being expressed here.....they can at best be only imagined.....
Well said bro! forget that Amber Rose headed and wide mouthed old woman.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by CaptPlanet(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tunguy01:
that isn't his fault, is it ?, d loser didn't accept d result nd cause violence, my brother jega is nt d minister of defense so he prepared better dix year, u knew dat except u dnt want 2 accept

Exactly my point. Jega has absolutely no say in the outcome of the elections, it's left for the aspirants and their reactions... Gej accepted the result unlike buhari that whipped up sentiments in 2011. jega did nothing but carry out his job.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by arent88(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Moheat:

You just referred to Nigeria as sane environment? So Nigeria was not a sane environment in 2011 when GMB threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable? I think you're the one that's being sentimental here.
pls dnt be misinformed buhari was nt the one who said he would make nigeria ungovernable.reserch well pls.and for ur information i voted jonathan in 2011.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Dhotseal(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again

What's wrong with the title...enlighten us if you don't mind.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Ebyce(f): 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
She reasons like a woman, Na jealous dey worry her!

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Okponge: 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
What is all this noise about GEJ? If she becomes the president can she do better? Lets see the magical change from GMB that is driving everyone nuts. We are watching in 3D.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by dexterinc2003: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Buhari till 2019,GEJ for hero till prison. grin
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by GeorgeAmax(m): 6:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
oby should go to hell
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by ihatesycophant(m): 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
But heroes are not chosen made by just making a phone call. Heroes are made by impact, success story, and effect
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
Moheat:

@obyezeks
Please help me bash that amber rose headed old woman
bless u for this handle..i go bash her but if them arrest me,na u send me oo..Lol
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Tundeiab(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:
bro, there is nothing wrong with the topic; ..."a people..". It's absolutely correct.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by ihatesycophant(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
you need to go back to school. No, don't thank me
You're wrong by pointing "A" there. It's only correct when you're referring to people of the same culture, ideology, backgrounds, clan. For example, if it's only Ibo nation or Hausa nation or Urhobo nation or Yoruba nation. You can say 'a people', not when it concern different entities with different mindset and ideology.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by aresa: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
[s]
papaejima1:

The bolded just described you from your own mouth.

[/s]

Very shallow and meaningless.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by fexichi(f): 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
chernest2002:
Nigeria is a nation of illiterate since our incoming president is illiterate we are all the same

Oga, please, abeg, I no follow !
I like the way you reason though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight / Osinbajo Appoints Three New FAAN Directors / CAN Hails El-rufai’s Decision To Save 110-year Kaduna Church From Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.