Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero (27431 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by kuteklean(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2015
@least CIA's prediction of Nigeria breaking up in 2015 has been tactically avoided by GEJ's act. My President, My Hero!
#they will not lose, they try to help but cheat...but GEJ didn't lose, even in defeat.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by gogodaye(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Madam Oby.....'Slaughterable' Nigerians have found a hero in PGEJ.....for single handedly making the prophesied 'bloodbath of baboons and dogs' a wish never come true fables to be told...

We understand Madam Oby has found for herself a hero in OBJ and the teeming millions of the earlier marked but saved 'slaughterable' Nigerians have never for once begrudged her of her choice.........

Nigerians would accord Madam Oby the attention she craves when she comes out in the open to tell her contributory role in the OBJ third term saga.....until she does that she can continue to whinne to the lower heavens......and show how unmanned she is..........
Our sympathies go to her spouse..... His daily travails are not worthy of being expressed here.....they can at best be only imagined.....

5 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by 989900: 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
We've got to realize not everyone is happy with the relative peace that we'r enjoying now.

It just does not suit some people's wicked/selfish agenda.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by cybriz82(m): 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Kindly cancel that 'A' and the title will be okay
over sabi orubebe junior na em u be. grin
abduljabbar4:

over sabi orubebe junior na em u be.

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by sweetrace(f): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You just showed your ignorance.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by kunlejazz(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
mployer:

That woman Is stylishly begging for political appointment cheesy

GEJ Is a héro. Will be remembered on a better note than Buhari.

Y'all can bookmark this...
Come pull out this post when 'Messiah' Buhari starts showing his true color.

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by 0ldirtybastard(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
stronger:

Fantastic piece! Sadly, filled with immense falsehood. Next time, do a bit of research instead of making a mockery of yourself with pseudo-intellectualism.

(1) You say "her party was still in power!. Oby was NEVER in the PDP. Just because she served under Obasanjo does not mean she was in the PDP. Many non-partisan technocrats are encouraged to serve a govt. It's how a nation grows. read her wiki profile;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiageli_Ezekwesili

(2) She ridiculed the presidency using BBOG. Yes, you are right. She is the one that asked the president to not say a word on the Chibok girls for over 18 days. She is the one that asked the military to not attempt to prevent the situation when they had 4 hours pre-notice. She is the one that told members of the presidency to deny the existence of the Chibok girls, LIE that they have been rescued, LIE about a negotiation etc. It was her abi? THINK!! No one will do it for you! Every point GEJ losed for his mishandling of the Chibok girls was all his fault! Wake up!

If your sister was among the girls, will you keep quiet because you don't want to "embarass" the president? Think!

(3) She openly identified with the opposition. LOL! You really need to keep abreast with current affairs. One of the downfalls of GEJ and his cronies was thinking anyone against him is in the opposition! SMH!! I supported Buhari, but if he messes up, I will criticise him! Will that make me a PDP member? Take a seat!

For your info, here is the speech Oby gave at an APC summit where she CRITICISED them, asking them to not just be a "change of acronyms" but come up with a real programme etc. Read!!
http://omojuwa.com/2014/03/the-uncomfortable-truth-of-elusive-economic-development-read-oby-ezekwesilis-address-at-the-apc-summit/

(4) What GEj did was ORDINARY! However, considering our peculiar political climate, it was at best COMMENDABLE!! finish! Hero? BS!! Tell that to the chibok girls, tell that to the 18000 dead, 3 million displaced because of his NEGLIGENCE!!! Tell them!

(5) The danger of celebrating MEDIOCRITY is that our leaders begin to underperform, because, afterall, you the slaves will clap for them at every little thing they do! SLAVE MENTALITY!

(6) Finally, you say she can't choose your hero for you! You are right!!!
**Hitler is a hero to some
**Dracula is a hero to some
**The devil is a hero to some

If you decide that the callous, clueless, incompetent soon to be EX-president is your hero, be my guest!
Whatever makes you sleep at night mate!

If you made any atom of sense in this long post, let this easter monday not be a happy one for me.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Ashmark(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
tripod:
Op you have the right not to agree with her. What u think about her does not change the fact that most of the pple calling gej a hero do so based squarely on sentiments.
For your to get the gist of her discuss you have to disabuse your mind. Lets wait for the report on gej's administration after may29 to see how much of a hero he realy is.
For me gej does not fit in the mould of a hero. His policies and actioons leading to the general elections were very unpopular. Even in the face of defeat he was still desperate and hungry. He neve wanted to leave. Forget about what you see on the surface.
All na wash!

He never wanted to leave but he eventually left without causing any harm to the people of Nigeria.

Now why not think of what would have happened if he decide to act funny by using his power as the President.

I doubt if Buhari himself can act the way GEJ acted from his history.

I read and quote "" Madam Oby.....'Slaughterable' Nigerians have found a hero in PGEJ.....for single handedly making the prophesied 'bloodbath of baboons and dogs' a wish never come true fables to be told"""

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by 0ldirtybastard(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:
Ehm a people dosent seem correct to me...a is singular and people is plural... Like a children isn't correct either. So you mofos saying its corrrect should tell me something I don't know!

Which university did you attend?

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Happywoman(f): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
I have been in Nigeria for quite a while and it beats me how a people can be so insensitive, attention seeking and never know when to give up.

I have always tried to stay away from political discus especially when it is difficult to be objective or expect that the other party tries to be, no matter how little.

Oby Ezekwesili is one woman who has had her chance to build Nigeria, how much she was able to impact on the polity is a topic for another day.

She obviously, like most of us, wanted to hold on and remain in the political space and especially considering the fact that her party was still in power. But Uncle Joe wouldn't have any of that and that explains her fighting from the other side (very understandable)

She had done her best in trying to ridicule the Presidency especially using her bring back our girls campaign. Not my business.

She had openly identified with the opposition. Understandable

But she doesn't have the right to choose whom our heroes are.

Our lives are not lived on the TV and might not worth anything to her other than a veiled advocacy which of course would be belated. So we choose our hero who made sure nothing happened to us.

After the conduct of the Presidential Elections, a lot of us, Corp Members, Market women, Christians living in the north (even where they are majority) slept with our eyes open, looked back with every step thrown, left our known residents, closed down our businesses, avoided a lot of places, vowed not to be part of of the elections anymore due to the obvious danger should GEJ do what Oby and those she worked for do just to win an election.

Our lives were in danger, our investments stood the risk of being torched by irate un enlightened followers who do not understand. How a democracy works.

But this man decided not to let all these happen, he didn't use the tools at his disposal to ensure he remains there and when he lost, he didn't cry on national TV wiping up sentiments and threatening to bring down the heavens, he didn't wait for people to act first and cause mayhem which off course would have been replied, he acted first.

He conceded defeat and on time, no protests that would have led to the loss of lives, all the fears were allayed and the known violence that would have followed if the result turned the other way averted.

So GEJ is my hero, and that of a thousand folks whose being and well-being were threatened.
He doesn't have to be yours given that you were made irrelevant in his government, he doesn't have to be yours since your loyalty unquestionably lies the other way, he just doesn't have to be your hero but don't tell us whom our hero should be.

#GEJMyHero
#GEJdnewface of democratic Nigeria

May God bless you for this.
kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by nortcentrallord(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
not everything can be quantified in monetary terms but atleast my friends and I can walk the streets of Northern states and watch the Jubilant people knowing how violent it would have been.

Thank you

Sometimes you don't reply everyone that qoutes you. Some reason below normal humans. My thought though.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Happywoman(f): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ashmark:

He never wanted to leave but he eventually left without causing any harm to the people of Nigeria.

Now why not think of what would have happened if he decide to act funny by using his power as the President.

Don't hold breathe cos he can't.
It's not in him.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by nortcentrallord(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Billygee2u:

lover not mentor

Bleeper, not not hero.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by stronger: 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

If you made any atom of sense in this long post, let this easter monday not be a happy one for me.

Why do I always get these retarded monickers stepping up to me?

Listen, old dirty bastard, if you think I made some senseless points, articulate your response properly (Just the way I responded to the OP). Even your pal mcdokwe will not dare respond to me because I just busted his lies and slaughtered his pseudo-intellectualism. You, my friend, are welcome to make an attempt!

In the absence of that, GTFOOMF and go play somewhere else. I will not respond to any other crap you spew.

Bye Felicia!
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by nortcentrallord(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Billygee2u:

lover not mentor

Bleeper, not not lover.
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by chalyAM(m): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
As for me and my household nothing better than my GEJ a man after my heart u will forever be my hero the likes of oby and her concubine obj should go and die GEJ hw I luv u my HERO
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Abokki feeling funky cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
abduljabbar4:
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Happywoman(f): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
ShineuEye:
She and okonjo were together in obj and yar'adua government.
Oby is angry gej picked okonjo iweala rather than both of them.
Bulls eye

Feminine rivalry.
That act pain her no be small.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
Happywoman:

May God bless you for this.
kiss
bless you too
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by meccuno: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Ok. That's how 'a' people behave when they are corrected. Oya leave am like that.
but seriously,you need to go back to school......
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by godsveryown(f): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Ok. That's how 'a' people behave when they are corrected. Oya leave am like that.
hahahahaha funny dude...just concede defeat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by nortcentrallord(m): 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
BabaO2:
[s][/s]
These people, stop defiling everything that comes to you by chance and stop insulting heroism. Jonathan only chose freedom and live over incarceration and death that awaits him if he had not conceded peacefully. Physical evidences of violence reported to ICC by opposition party has gravely implicated him. Video and reminder of Gbagbo and Simone by OBJ was reoccurring in his brain.

From your comment, I just read that Mugabe is incarcerated and dead just like Asaad of Syria. You guys are just ingreats and unthankfull to God with your utterance.

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by meccuno: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
to think that the guy was so sure of himself and all out to correct me sef.
Lolz......check his user name.....you will understand why he did what he did........
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by meccuno: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
to think that the guy was so sure of himself and all out to correct me sef.
Lolz......check his user name.....you will understand why he did what he did........no wonder they are comfortable with an illiterate as president.....
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Sunshinelady(f): 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
I have been in Nigeria for quite a while and it beats me how a people can be so insensitive, attention seeking and never know when to give up.

I have always tried to stay away from political discus especially when it is difficult to be objective or expect that the other party tries to be, no matter how little.

Oby Ezekwesili is one woman who has had her chance to build Nigeria, how much she was able to impact on the polity is a topic for another day.

She obviously, like most of us, wanted to hold on and remain in the political space and especially considering the fact that her party was still in power. But Uncle Joe wouldn't have any of that and that explains her fighting from the other side (very understandable)

She had done her best in trying to ridicule the Presidency especially using her bring back our girls campaign. Not my business.

She had openly identified with the opposition. Understandable

But she doesn't have the right to choose whom our heroes are.

Our lives are not lived on the TV and might not worth anything to her other than a veiled advocacy which of course would be belated. So we choose our hero who made sure nothing happened to us.

After the conduct of the Presidential Elections, a lot of us, Corp Members, Market women, Christians living in the north (even where they are majority) slept with our eyes open, looked back with every step thrown, left our known residents, closed down our businesses, avoided a lot of places, vowed not to be part of of the elections anymore due to the obvious danger should GEJ do what Oby and those she worked for do just to win an election.

Our lives were in danger, our investments stood the risk of being torched by irate un enlightened followers who do not understand. How a democracy works.

But this man decided not to let all these happen, he didn't use the tools at his disposal to ensure he remains there and when he lost, he didn't cry on national TV wiping up sentiments and threatening to bring down the heavens, he didn't wait for people to act first and cause mayhem which off course would have been replied, he acted first.

He conceded defeat and on time, no protests that would have led to the loss of lives, all the fears were allayed and the known violence that would have followed if the result turned the other way averted.

So GEJ is my hero, and that of a thousand folks whose being and well-being were threatened.
He doesn't have to be yours given that you were made irrelevant in his government, he doesn't have to be yours since your loyalty unquestionably lies the other way, he just doesn't have to be your hero but don't tell us whom our hero should be.

#GEJMyHero
#GEJdnewface of democratic Nigeria
. Don't mind dat Oby, she is a witch, enemy of progress. Even key APC pple re advocating for togetherness & peace, & she's busy trying to stire up trouble. God is bigger than her & her wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mr and Mrs Oby....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by nationwide1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
tripod:
Op you have the right not to agree with her. What u think about her does not change the fact that most of the pple calling gej a hero do so based squarely on sentiments.
For your to get the gist of her discuss you have to disabuse your mind. Lets wait for the report on gej's administration after may29 to see how much of a hero he realy is.
For me gej does not fit in the mould of a hero. His policies and actioons leading to the general elections were very unpopular. Even in the face of defeat he was still desperate and hungry. He neve wanted to leave. Forget about what you see on the surface.
All na wash!
You call Jonathan desperate out of sheer sentiment. Can you tell me who would have a legitimate opportunity to campaign and contest election to remain in office and would not do so?

Or is your memory impaired that you suddenly forget how much name callings Jonathan endured in the hands of APC? Neither OBJ nor GMB can tolerate that. The history is there for a proof.

I'm sure you live in the most southern part of our country and have never witnessed post election crisis and that's the reason you understand what Jonathan did.

Do you know what GEJ's move meant to millions of southerners and Christians living in the north? Certainly you won't understand. For me it's part of governance. It's the reason GEJ is a rare breed.

It means more than money and jobs to aforementioned folks there because it's only the living that needs job and money.

Jonathan's move can only be underrated by the ignorant and enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Machiny: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
oduastates:

You know nothing about monetization and due process then.
Have You ever wondered how a semi literate jackboot called Obasanjo was able to accumulate $60 billion in foreign reserve when oil was selling at an average of $30 a barrel
the oil never sold for 30dollar for the past 10years.make a proper research please.can explain the logic behind saving up to 60billion and owing up to 80billion foreign debt(not talking of local depth)...which the current minister of finance went to negotiate for and it wz pardoned.....so to are telling me if you have 5naira and you owe pple 15naira...you are wiser than a person who does not owe 1/3 of wht you and still operate?
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by 0ldirtybastard(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
stronger:

Why do I always get these retarded monickers stepping up to me?

Listen, old dirty bastard, if you think I made some senseless points, articulate your response properly (Just the way I responded to the OP). Even your pal mcdokwe will not dare respond to me because I just busted his lies and slaughtered his pseudo-intellectualism. You, my friend, are welcome to make an attempt!

In the absence of that, GTFOOMF and go play somewhere else. I will not respond to any other crap you spew.

Bye Felicia!

Zero sense still made. Make a point, please. Ewu.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by HizMissy(f): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Mr pls stop exposing ur ignorance embarassed
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by bid4rich(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
I have said it before, she is desperately loooking for attention she didnt get with GEJ. She has right to her own opinion though but lets call a spade a spade and not a spoon GEJ is a hero. If God had open your eyes to see what would have happened if GEJ had not conceded defeat, who know whether one of us on this forum would have lost someone close to us living in the expected state like north. No matter the name you call it, madam oby, GEJ is my Hero. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by tripod(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ashmark:

I read and quote "" Madam Oby.....'Slaughterable' Nigerians have found a hero in PGEJ.....for single handedly making the prophesied 'bloodbath of baboons and dogs' a wish never come true fables to be told"""

'Baboons and dogs' is a making of the same gej. Recall how reuben abati begged to settle out of court. Lets leav that for another day.

Good he made the call. Agreed he averted the looming doom. But i still hold on to my opinion that he caused more harm than good. Rivers state is still burning up till this morning. Bayelsa will follow soon if the wife remain unrepentant. My point is the level of damage, division and sentiment will take a long time to heal.

He merely did the honourable thing and that for me does not make him a hero.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eze Madumere Releases Statement On Impeachment / #EkitiDecides: APC Mop Up Rally Request Also Turned Down / Buhari Spent More Than $19bn Cost Of Dangote Refinery On Non-functional Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.