Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,888 members, 7,810,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband (5661 Views)

Kenyan Lady Whose Hands Were Cut Off As She Couldn't Have A Child Is Pregnant / Signs That Your Child Is Being Sexually Abused / 10 Signs Your Child Is An Old Soul In A Young Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Biliamin(m): 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
The confession of a mother of five that her former boss was the biological father of her fourth child is now threatening her 25-year-old marriage. Her husband, 57-year-old Isaac Jemibola, a civil servant, has approached an Ikole Customary Court in Ekiti State, seeking the dissolution of his marriage to the woman, 48-year-old Olayemi.
Jemibola based his divorce plea on the ground that the respondent confessed committing adultery in 2002.
He urged the court in the petition filed on January 21, to grant him custody of the five children from the marriage.
The petition told the court that he married Olayemi in 1989 according to the native law and custom.
According to him, ``after retiring to bed on January 19, my wife came to me and knelt down.
“She confessed to have had an extramarital affair with her former boss which resulted in the pregnancy of the fourth child.
“My wife said she had given her life to Christ and that her desire to make heaven made her confess based on the advice from her pastor.
“She added that the paternity of the fourth child was in doubt since both the boss and I slept with her the same week,’’ he said.
Jemibola further told the court that he reported the matter to his parents who pleaded with the woman to reverse her confession.
“She however insisted that she was following the dictates of the Bible.
“I purposely don’t want to do the DNA test because I don’t want to hate the child.’’ he said.
Olayemi admitted committing the offence, but kicked against dissolution of the marriage.
“I did it because Jemibola was befriending another woman during the period which made him abandon me for almost six months.
“It was that same period that my former boss, who normally took me to work in his car, made love advances at me. Both men made love with me at almost the same period.
“After some years, I discovered that the child looked quite different from his siblings and out of guilt, I decided to tell him the truth.
“I pleaded for his forgiveness but he refused,’’ Olayemi said.

In her ruling, the court president, Mrs Yemisi Ojo, said: “In the interest of justice and in the spirit of promoting reconciliation between the two parties, the case will be adjourned till April 7 for report of settlement.’’

http://www.gistaszone.com/2015/04/wife-confesses-to-husband-after-giving.html?m=1
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
hmm speechless.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by buygala(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
Very funny and sad story grin
cry

But the sad or happy truth ( whichever way the man wants to look at it) is that there is no marriage for the court to dissolve, since they didn't do any court marriage, which is the only recognized marriage under Nigerian Law embarassed

So legally, the dude is free to throw out his fornicating wife and forcefully take custody of his kids (if he can)....
As far as Nigerian law is concerned, they have been fuccking each other without commitment since the time of John The Baptist smiley

But considering they had a customary marriage and have dragged each other before a customary court, I hope the court does well to settle their wahala... but legally, they have no enforcible claims over each other embarassed
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by SAMBARRY: 8:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sorry. The hands that gives always remains on top. Baba good samaritan remember that o
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by elantraceey(f): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sometimes I don't really know if its better to just let the sleeping dogs lye
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Pvin: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
It's a pity man. A story that touches the heart, the relationship withing the family can never be the same

1 Like

Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by goodmorning40: 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
But the man cheated too now so it's a two way traffic, he should just forgive her after all if she didn't say he won't know

6 Likes

Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by godsamist: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Also our religious houses should be careful when dealing with intricate issue concerning matrimonial especially.
Good a thing the wife has sunderly becomes born again in her eyes and her pastor,her confession will never solve anything if the husband is not converted,first thing is to get ur loving husband in before blowing up.
Wisdom is profitable to direct..May God really turn so many man of God hearts to do his will not theirs!

1 Like

Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by edwife(f): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
This confession of a thing breaking homes since time immemorial..... sad
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
The husband was cheating also and he wants to divorce his wife?

Classic grin
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by dre11(m): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
I did it because Jemibola was befriending another woman during the period which made him abandon me for almost six months.
“It was that same period that my former boss, who normally took me to work in his car, made love advances at me. Both men made love with me at almost the same period.

This is just a chess game where the wife has the ace........ Which is the child

But, why do married people believe that the best way to punish a cheating partner is for the to cheat also,

Why

2 Likes

Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
bukatyne:

Classic grin

Only difference is, he was careful not to get someone pregnant.

If only the wife was equally as careful, the issue of divorce most likely wouldn't have come up.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Some women are so foolish, she cheated on her husband and also made him to be spending money on another man's child. Some women with basket brain, well what she did will always remind her that she is not responsible.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by ijustdey: 10:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
“It was that same period that my former boss,
who normally took me to work in his car, made
love advances at me. Both men made love with
me at almost the same period.

but I always though they said that it's only the woman that did know the father of her children...... so I don't get why she is still confused about the paternity of the child
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by ijustdey: 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
freeboy604:
Some women are so foolish, she cheated on her husband and also made him to be spending money on another man's child. Some women with basket brain, well what she did will always remind her that she is not responsible.

foolishness is an understatement
that action deserve some form of chastity
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by MARKone(m): 10:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
bukatyne:

Classic grin

In such marital issues, you do not repay evil with evil, if for anything, for the sake of the children. The lady said the husband abandoned her for six months, six months, is not enough time for her to cheat, to the extent of being pregnant for another man, she is loose, now look at where her quest for vengeance have landed her and the family.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by emilyone(f): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Its such a pity, a lot men are fathering children that are not theirs
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
MARKone:

In such marital issues, you do not repay evil with evil, if for anything, for the sake of the children. The lady said the husband abandoned her for six months, six months, is not enough time for her to cheat, to the extent of being pregnant for another man, she is loose, now look at where her quest for vengeance have landed her and the family.

I am not saying tit for tat is Good.

But I am thinking the husband would have second thoughts given the situation

However, no body stopped the wife from divorcing when the husband was cheating
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by tiredface: 10:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
THEIR WIVES DON'T CARE, THEY 'OWANBE' AROUND, IT'S A CULTURE.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
tiredface:
THEIR WIVES DON'T CARE, THEY 'OWANBE' AROUND, IT'S A CULTURE.

Fool
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by coogar: 12:41am On Apr 05, 2015
emilyone:
Its such a pity, a lot men are fathering children that are not theirs

welcome to the 21st century.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by cococandy(f): 3:19am On Apr 05, 2015
bukatyne:

Classic grin
yes ke. Don't you know it is his God-given right cheesy
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by cococandy(f): 3:21am On Apr 05, 2015
MARKone:

they are both loose. He's even the leader and setting the example of looseness in their home.
So he shouldn't form as if he's better than her.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Richy4(m): 5:28am On Apr 05, 2015
If he can ask that the marriage be dissolved, what stopped him from checking if the kid is his by performing a paternity test.

The excuse of hating the kid is just a story told by the ancestors.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Begonia(m): 7:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Richy4:
If he can ask that the marriage be dissolved, what stopped him from checking if the kid is his by performing a paternity test.

The excuse of hating the kid is just a story told by the ancestors

It's not as easy as that. If he does a paternity test and it turns out that the child isn't his, he might not be able to look at the kid the same way. He asked the court to grant him custody of the five children from the marriage. This means that he still sees that child as his own and obviously doesn't want anything to change that. He's angry at his wife not the child.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by freecocoa(f): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2015
rationalmind:

Only difference is, he was careful not to get someone pregnant.

If only the wife was equally as careful, the issue of divorce most likely wouldn't have come up.
And you know this how? Shey na because the woman was 'dumb' enough to confess?

He was cheating without a care in the world, his wife cheats once and that's reason enough to divorce her? If I hear say I comot from that house.undecided
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Curvinus(m): 8:39am On Apr 05, 2015
This is what you get when you add the fruit of an illicit affair to religious dellusion.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by juman(m): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2015
The husband should not divorce the wife because of this. God is ever forgiving.

They should first do DNA test to ascertain the real father, the husband might be the father.

Even if the boss is the father, the husband has been the only father known by the child. He should continue as father and they should allow the real father have access to him.

There are many cases like that that can be watched on muary show.

http://www.mauryshow.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKMRWveFTNImfr1E3S-Jfg
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by Richy4(m): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2015
Begonia:

It's not as easy as that. If he does a paternity test and it turns out that the child isn't his, he might not be able to look at the kid the same way. He asked the court to grant him custody of the five children from the marriage. This means that he still sees that child as his own and obviously doesn't want anything to change that. He's angry at his wife not the child.

I understand but there is every need for that paternity test. trust me they will need that in future.

There is always siblings rivalry. Where they will start questioning who his father is..it will not happen now but this could happen in future.

If the siblings did not question, the annoying uncles and aunt will tell him just to reduce him To the lowest term.
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by blank(f): 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
buygala:
Very funny and sad story grin
cry

But the sad or happy truth ( whichever way the man wants to look at it) is that there is no marriage for the court to dissolve, since they didn't do any court marriage, which is the only recognized marriage under Nigerian Law embarassed

So legally, the dude is free to throw out his fornicating wife and forcefully take custody of his kids (if he can)....
As far as Nigerian law is concerned, they have been fuccking each other without commitment since the time of John The Baptist smiley

But considering they had a customary marriage and have dragged each other before a customary court, I hope the court does well to settle their wahala... but legally, they have no enforcible claims over each other embarassed

Read up on family law so that you won't sound so ignorant. Customary or traditional marriage is recognised under Nigerian law.

1 Like

Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by buygala(m): 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband by buygala(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
blank:

Read up on family law so that you won't sound so ignorant. Customary or traditional marriage is recognised under Nigerian law.

Authority please smiley

Customary law is only valid in so far as both parties can't marry someone else under someone else under the Act ( Jadesinmi v Okotie-Eboh)

But when it comes to such essential incidents such as inheriting spouses property, seeking order for dissolution of marriage, customary marriage is really a toothless bulldog... Little wonder educated peeps are now more pre disposed to a statutory marriage, which carries full legal protections smiley

Don't let the books mislead you.... just ask yourself this simple question:

If the court is to give an order for dissolution of marriage in this case, on what basis would it derive its jurisdiction in the matter?

Thanks for the heads-up sha... Had to revisit my marriage Act .... I made a mistake, but practicality was d basis of my argument, not law on paper smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diary Of A Young Married Man. / Can A Man Be Compelled To Pay Child Support To His Baby Mama In Nigeria? / Set-up Of Charity Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.