Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,711 members, 7,865,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria (4547 Views)

When Size Doesn't Matter: Pre-Wedding Photos / Naija Husband Doesn't Give ORAL To Wife / I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
MrsChima:

Hmmm. It is a trend brewing....maybe a tribal war?
not tribal war,the people like the op suffering from sickness that have not yet been discovered
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
MrsChima:

Damn! I didn't see this before I composed my last post. I am glad others sensed bullshit too!

sorry I'm confused- what bullshit?
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by MrsChima(f): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

He did have papers in Europe where we met. But then we met and we wanted to be together. So instead of staying in Europe with his papers that's inly a 7 hour flight from nija, he came to live with me and has to fly 24 hours to get to his country. He doesn't have European papers anymore so he needs a visa to go to Europe.

Yeah...he doesn't have his EU papers because he is no longer in EU and isn't naturalized. He is on American PR status because he is married to you.

If he was in EU for 10 years which the money system is greater than USD...why did you have to support him financially at all?

The 14 years old boy is living with his grandmother while his mother is in another city? Hmm.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ipledge:
not tribal war,the people like the op suffering from sickness that have not yet been discovered
What does this mean? Thank you.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
MrsChima:

The 14 years old boy is living with his grandmother while his mother is in another city? Hmm.

Again, I don't understand the hmmm comment? Why is this a problem?
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by DiamonJ: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fairgodwin:
Well, to be very honest with you, you have every right to be worried. I am a Nigerian, 'a good one,' but for your HUSBAND not to have at least 5 (not so good) minutes to call you, his WIFE daily no matter how busy, it definitely speaks volume.
Please I'm not trying to 'spoil' your marriage or ask you to start 'suspecting' him, but I'm definitely telling you it's either your husband has a wife in Nigeria or planning to get one. Please you do not have to take my comment seriously, I was only speaking my mind and being logical, as the [right thinking] human I was supposed to be.
u are right, he has a villiage wife, that is igbo life for, don't trust them

1 Like

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by DiamonJ: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
ireneony:
your husband have a wife in Nigeria.
shikena! take it or leave it!undecided
if u trust an igbo man, u can trust anything, oPen ur eyes

1 Like

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
You expect an Igbo man to trust you?
DiamonJ:
if u trust an igbo man, u can trust anything, oPen ur eyes
keep hating the Igbo why we keep making progress.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
DiamonJ:
u are right, he has a villiage wife, that is igbo life for, don't trust them

He's never lived in the village. He was born and grew up in lagos. He's never hardly been to his village until he took me 3 years ago.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
The girl is irritating
SkinnyDude:
home breaker!
that's why your type hardly get married.
ndi amusu!
Ndi amusu hahahahahhahhhahahaha, igbuola n'ochi cheesy
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Don't mind the bigot to keep hating the Igbo while we keep prospering
Igbowife1:

He's never lived in the village. He was born and grew up in lagos. He's never hardly been to his village until he took me 3 years ago.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

Ok so how do I find out? If this is true I need to find out and catch him. Thank you

you see, you've subliminally distrust your husband over what a dumb porous brained scoundrel typed here. Don't be silly my dear, the moment you throw the trust you have for your hubby your marriage with him is automatically on COUNT DOWN to disaster and so the Same thing when you start telling your marriage and private business to people . Be objective and avoid sentiments.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by SemuhleB(f): 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
BluIvy:

Dear Missy, you know I used to think people in the family section of NL were cruel or cold when they deal hashly with people who come with such stories. But you know what after reading this i cannot hide my irritation as well.

People on this section will try and help you open your eyes but if they see you really like your dark place, they will leave you to it. So you need to be sure of what exactly you want to find out when you come here.

First of all, if you think him not calling doesn't mean he has another wife as suggested why are you in this forum about such a minor issue? Why not wait for him to come back again and ask why he is not making time to call you after all the discussions you had?

Secondly, do you want Nigerians or other Igbos to lie to you and tell you there are no phones in Igboland or their culture doesn't allow calls or its normal for igbo man to act like that when he's home bla bla bla or something ridiculous like that?

Do you go to forums about your small domestic issues like these all the time?

You say he would not be married as he has been in Europe for over ten years but you also mention he goes home often i guess that could be yearly or so, right? Just because you would not have a husband who sees you once a year you assume other women would also not agree to that? Right?

If you trust your husband and his family this much why are you not asking them why he doesn't call? Or better yet ask them to call him and get him to call you?

Why come to a forum of strangers who cannot even call or locate your husband rather than his family?

You know what I think? Deep down you know something is not right but you need strangers to tell you otherwise.

I had a friend who did the samething atleast she was not married and didn't know the guys family, she would put up one excuse after another but deep down she knew what was up.

My advise to you is, go ask his family and be satisfied with whatever response you get until he comeback to answer for himself. If and only if you are still not convinced you can comeback for real advise on how to find information about your husband marital status elsewhere.

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by SkinnyDude(m): 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
icedbeatz:

Don't mind the useless pack of meat, I bet she got squished bananas for brain for typing such clueless, unreasonable comment. Most foolish'girls are known to be throwing such advice, well I bet she has never engaged in a job that requires so much focus that at a time one forgets about other very important things I.e if she works, bet she's the telemundo series watching bittch (JUDGING from her opinion) .@ireneony if you have experienced the hard work that is involved in running or starting a NEW business or company then your brain would have had the intellect to analyze a situation before typing shiiiiii and frankly I say fk u bittch . #StuupidBittch
she's just jealous. she thinks every man is like her cheating boyfriend.

dear stuppidBittch, because a man doesnt answer his call, you assume he's cheating. everyone must not be lazy like you. he's got something doing.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by MrsChima(f): 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

Again, I don't understand the hmmm comment? Why is this a problem?

Don't worry about it sugar.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by MrsChima(f): 9:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

Igbos do not have to live in the village to marry someone from the village.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by okoloto: 12:03am On Apr 06, 2015
I'm not speaking for ur husband but I do have similar issue when i get back home.....a lot of distractions and believing u have a wife that trusts you, somethings don't matter. Don't be deceived by what you get here, it doesn't make ur hubby less loving. the system is different
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 12:51am On Apr 06, 2015
okoloto:
I'm not speaking for ur husband but I do have similar issue when i get back home.....a lot of distractions and believing u have a wife that trusts you, somethings don't matter. Don't be deceived by what you get here, it doesn't make ur hubby less loving. the system is different

Yes the system is different. It's taken me some extreme understanding to get that and it's frustratung for me that come from a place where everything is easy. And because the system is different and he is so busy, I'm looking for advice on how we manage our communication and agreement and understanding whilst he's in the different system with complex stresses. Thank you!
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 12:52am On Apr 06, 2015
MrsChima:

Igbos do not have to live in the village to marry someone from the village.

He doesn't know ppl in his village - only his family.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by MrsChima(f): 1:32am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbowife1:

He doesn't know ppl in his village - only his family.

If he has family in his village....then he knows people in his village! Damn you okay

Wtf?!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by MrsChima(f): 1:45am On Apr 06, 2015
okoloto:

Stop with the excuses. There are thousands of husband's who travels to their home country for business, personal or professional every year or whatever. The system is a bunch of bulls hit and at some point the nigga got to eat and shit. There are many apps available which make communicating easier even under busy times.

10 minutes is more than reasonable time to check in with your spouse and the fact that he is not being consistent with that smells foul.

Let hope the nigga isn't cheating or has a wife because this woman clearly think the Man is a saint and I strongly hope he is!

At the end of the day....She came on a faceless forum asking strangers to help her communicate with a man she said does no wrong....which I said if she didn't think nothing of it..she would of contact his family in Nigeria where he is currently.

I smell bullshit but hey...she got to live with it

1 Like

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 9:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Thanks to those of you that were kind in your replies. Maybe I wasn't clear enough but I did not get the advice I was asking for. I certainly did get lots of reason to distrust my husband but I actually trust him. We've been together for nearly 7 years and our relationship good it's just that we struggle when he's in his country and I wanted advice on how I could better understand and communicate with my igbo husband. I do not feel at all insecure by the negative comments. He does not have another wife. If he wanted to be with someone else he would have been. Again, thanks to those of you who tried to be kind and positive. What goes around comes around.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by SemuhleB(f): 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbowife1:
Thanks to those of you that were kind in your replies. Maybe I wasn't clear enough but I did not get the advice I was asking for. I certainly did get lots of reason to distrust my husband but I actually trust him. We've been together for nearly 7 years and our relationship good it's just that we struggle when he's in his country and I wanted advice on how I could better understand and communicate with my igbo husband. I do not feel at all insecure by the negative comments. He does not have another wife. If he wanted to be with someone else he would have been. Again, thanks to those of you who
tried to be kind and positive. What goes around comes around.
My dear you are your own problem. You came on this site asking for advice. We gave you our opinion and advice of which you didn't like so now what was the whole point of your thread. I think now it's just best for you to accept the fact that you will never hear from him when he is in Nigeria and just deal with it simple.

The best thing would be to speak to him about your concern and if that doesn't work then since you don't want to believe anything else then you just have to deal with it instead of frustrating yourself
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by GaniuKazeem(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2017
[Well, to be very honest with you, you have every right to be worried. I am a Nigerian, 'a good one,' but for your HUSBAND not to have at least 5 (not so good) minutes to call you, his WIFE daily no matter how busy, it definitely speaks volume.
Please I'm not trying to 'spoil' your marriage or ask you to start 'suspecting' him, but I'm definitely telling you it's either your husband has a wife in Nigeria or planning to get one. Please you do not have to take my comment seriously, I was only speaking my mind and being logical, as the [right thinking] human I was supposed to be.]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Breaks Up With Me Because I Tagged Her Engaged On Facebook / MY Guys, Which Do You Prefer? ***PHOTO**** / Ladies: Classiest Gift Ideas For Your Man Today [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.