Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,919 members, 7,956,450 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin (48801 Views)

Names Of The 44 Aspirants Jostling To Clinch APC ONDO State Gubernatorial Ticket / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jpphilips(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
UnimkeAk:

What are u trying to imply ?

Did Johnathan not give appointments from every region.

The SFG should go to the east.

Let the east 4gt about the senate.

APC can as well shove their appointments into their ass

With the rate of tribalism ; religious and ethnic bias,

Regionalism is the best thing that can happen to this country.

So tensions can go down.

The APC should be careful least the tear down this country.
Every zone must be carried along.
Like previous administrations.

lolzzzzzzz
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Chimezie250(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
pussyphilia:
Ekweremmadu should please decamp to APC!
He's one of the few good men in the PDP and enjoys great popularity in his state.

He should decamp!!! Even if he eventually fails to get the position of senate presidency, he can actually rebuild APC in the SE and lead the party from that region. Nothing wrong with him decamping because politicians have been doing that since and his own is not going to be different. After all, politics is about interest.
decamp for what reason,your guys should respect our choice for goodness sake, it's a crime to vote another party, if Buhari don't want to appoint any southeast because of political affiliation that is choice and must be respected, Nigerians need changes we should ensure the right people appointed to effect the changes we need, not continuation of sharing political appointment Base on religion or ethnic line, apc remember your mantra change, no excuse, Nigerians forgive GEJ for his shortcomings but for Buhari there will be no room for that

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jpphilips(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tinyemeka:

My brother, that slogan "Change" was just a mantra. Short and easy to remember by gullible bumkums.

At least GEJ can go back to rest and collect his presidential pension monthly. The man is a simple man with simple needs.

He should be the happier one.

Jonathan is a simple man indeed! in coming months, the real Jonathan will be disclosed to you.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by HzRF(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
rusher14:

Cynicism and trolling are modern day cousins.

The sense in realising that it's business unusual goes beyond clichés.

Sowing seeds of discord simply to prove you know something most don't will always come back to haunt you.

Play your role in this new Nigeria.

Ain't Igbo
Full blooded Yoruba
But while d story bout Igbo
They made their choice known glaringly

If u think dey don't deserve to hold position in d govt cuz of dia choice
Then shove up Yoruba or Hausa a$$
Why creating topic,articles etc to rubbish dia choice
We voted aregbe in Osun he hasn't paid for 6months who is bearing d pain?
Nasarawa pple?
I beg stop noise
And who told u Nigeria is 1

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
The incoming administration should not use their victory to settle scores, rather they should use it to unite this nation.

Appointments should be made based on merit, integrity...etc, and not based on past grudges with a particular ethnic group.

Truth is Nigeria cannot move forward if we embrace a particular ethnic group and castigate another.

Buhari said it times without number that he's government is going into intensive restructuring of the nations power, academic, sport, agriculture...etc sector. And to achieve this, we have to be united and work together.

To those who said igbos betrayed the yorubas, you should know that this is democracy, every one has the right to vote whoever he wishes to vote. We joined forces with the south west in 2011 to install GEJ but he failed us. Unfortunately most south easterners preferred to give him a second chance rather than embrace change. It was their choice. The media should stop making it look as if we committed a great sin by voting GEJ.

To my fellow igbos. Well I've said this and I will say it again. Jonathan's administration was of no benefit to the south east. It only enriched a few of our leaders, but had no positive impact on the majority; its time we unite and embrace the new administration.

ndeewooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Tinyemeka(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
jpphilips:

Jonathan is a simple man indeed! in coming months, the real Jonathan will be disclosed to you.

Could you shed more light please?

Corruption cases?

Patiently waiting.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by mapet: 8:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
The incoming administration should not use their victory to settle scores, rather they should use it to unite this nation.

Appointments should be made based on merit, integrity...etc, and not based on past grudges with a particular ethnic group.

Truth is Nigeria cannot move forward if we embrace a particular ethnic group and castigate another.

Buhari said it times without number that he's government is going into intensive restructuring of the nations power, academic, sport, agriculture...etc sector. And to achieve this, we have to be united and work together.

To those who said igbos betrayed the yorubas, you should know that this is democracy, every one has the right to vote whoever he wishes to vote. We joined forces with the south west in 2011 to install GEJ but he failed us. Unfortunately most south easterners preferred to give him a second chance rather than embrace change. It was their choice. The media should stop making it look as if we committed a great sin by voting GEJ.

To my fellow igbos. Well I've said this and I will say it again. Jonathan's administration was of no benefit to the south east. It only enriched a few of our leaders, but had no positive impact on the majority; its time we unite and embrace the new administration.

My brother,

Can you in all sincerity expect to share in the "spoils of war", when you fought in the opposing sides? Okorocha rightly articulated this points. Truth is, people put their energy and resources to achieve what is currently on ground and when the Igbos decided to go the other way round they must bear the consequences of their decisions.

Let's not fool ourselves, the Senate presidency is gone, the Speakership is gone. These two positions are not even GMB's perogative in the first place but the party's decision...................

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by mapet: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
pussyphilia:
Ekweremmadu should please decamp to APC!
He's one of the few good men in the PDP and enjoys great popularity in his state.

He should decamp!!! Even if he eventually fails to get the position of senate presidency, he can actually rebuild APC in the SE and lead the party from that region. Nothing wrong with him decamping because politicians have been doing that since and his own is not going to be different. After all, politics is about interest.

Please stop it. On what basis should Ekweremadu decamp and on what basis should APC accept him? what is the principle in that? Do you think everybody is simply damn stupid?

South East should simply take it that they lost in this chess game and plan better next time....

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by mapet: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Chimezie250:
So it's now a crime because we chose GEJ, election is all about choice, we made ours and must be respected, I m proud of my people even though we didn't win but they stand till the end, apc should focus more on how to fulfil all their electoral promises than igbo this igbo that, Nigerians expect them to bettered whatever GEJ did

Bros, APC is not focusing on Igbo this or Igbo that, I thought it's you guys clamouring that GMB should be father to all by accepting the people that rejected him for positions...............
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by mapet: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
mbulela:

We don't care where his appointees come from.
All we care is that it must not be business as usual.
Having said that, it makes political sense for regions that contributed to his victory to be rewarded accordingly as long as merit does not suffer. Next time, igbo politicians will stop being ruled by their pockets and simplistic calculations.

My brother,

The only part I disagree with in your beautiful submission is the first line. Truth is we should all grow together. Unfortunately, I think many easterners are suffering from holding unto the past and this is beclouding their future. In a dynamic world, where you're always fighting against percieved enemies, when other have moved on then you find yourselves in situations like this. Hausas and Yorubas are not your enemies but you refused to divorce yourselves from the stereotype........

On the other part of your writeup, the truth is Nigeria is so blessed with skilled Human Resources that if you are looking for all the requisite capability, you can get it in one single state alone, not to talk of all regions, so merit is already a forgone conclusion.

The bolded part in your writeup is a big lesson

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by dayodare490: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/buharis-victory-jostling-for-positions-begin/
I wish i can also be allowed to be in this administration. I don't want big position I only wish to be appointed as chief executor. Just let me be in charge of killing. Please general appoint me. Death is cheap, it is sold free.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by chokovirus: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
nawtikid:
D southeast who voted for jonathan as a result of sentiments and hatred 4 d northerners nw feel dey shud b considered for a huge government post.

I'm nt in anyway tribalistic, but I think dey brought dis discomfort upon demselves

I jst hope baba will du justice to dis matter

As 4 Tinubu, only God knws d intentions of dis crook

sai Buhari

People have been spewing rubbish about hatred when in actuality Nigerians voted on religious lines. Unlike the homogenous populace of the south east with 98 per cent christians, the other zones are of mixed religions. That explains the APC votes in Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by adeA1(m): 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
CR77:
Seen!

Happy Easter 2 Goodluck Jonathan my Hero

God bless nigeria
but ur hero is down
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Deltagiant: 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
jaytee01:
I thought you guys voted GEJ so that he could handover to the SE.
Is that plan no longer feasible?

Don't worry, you will have a taste of the pull-him-down-sydrome.
Ndigbo will DELIBERATELY take the VP slot even in 2023 just to teach you guys a lesson, STOP OSIBANJO FROM BECOMING PRESIDENT.
You can enjoy your treachery now all you want, but know you it will just end at this level.
Hausa Fulani will rule (not even preside) until everyone in the south is well tutored in unity.

Just watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by suleiman419(m): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Why are people laughing and saying nonsense?. The worst he can do is
1. Cancel all FG projects in the East.

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against legitimate Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

4.Heavily Militarize the East of the Niger.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know.But i know born Survivalists (Igbos) will survive. Let's watch and and see.
That stupid asari dokubo is still in your blood,u better retype ur comment make GMB no see am. Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ArodeTsolaye: 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
mbulela:

We don't care where his appointees come from.
All we care is that it must not be business as usual.
Having said that, it makes political sense for regions that contributed to his victory to be rewarded accordingly as long as merit does not suffer. Next time, igbo politicians will stop being ruled by their pockets and simplistic calculations.

You are talking nonsense because you have the benefit of hindsight. Were northern politicians being "ruled by their pockets" when Jonathan lost in all the 12 northern states in 2011?. We are kicking out APC in Imo and Rivers, come back and tell me Igbo politicians made us vote against them. The US republicans are no longer in power but they still maintain their political convictions.

Life is not all about winning elections, use your heads. Goddammit!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by spiralwedge(m): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2015
I foresaw this situation since last year. I was angry that while progressives from all parts of the country were forming a merger of a substantial opposition to PDP, the SE was against. The SE rather preferred to be ethnic sentimental and funny enough, claimed GEJ to be one of his own... when obviously he is not.
The SE is holding Nigeria back. And that's the truth.
Back to topic, please give them IG post at best. Whatever is the case, let them bear the consequences of their action.
/lack of strategy/ unemancipation/ethnic sentimentality.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 06, 2015
spiralwedge:
I foresaw this situation since last year. I was angry that while progressives from all parts of the country were forming a merger of a substantial opposition to PDP, the SE was against. The SE rather preferred to be ethnic sentimental and funny enough, claimed GEJ to be one of his own... when obviously he is not.
Back to topic, please give them IG post at best. Whatever is the case, let them bear the consequences of their action.
pls talk little of nonsense and more with wisdom, I feel your senses are misdirecting your view ...in what way is the SE holding Your Nigeria back.Could it be in the sense that the north made their choices and the west made theirs and for your reasons the east shouldn't make hers. Even if all political post should be left for the likes of you, you will still not match the successes of the SEners.
Mind you this government may not even favour the poor north more than the SE. After the civil war 20 pounds was only what each Igbo man had to survive with but some the north and west cannot say today that such injustice had made them better than the SEner...... Go and ask questions!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 06, 2015
Seun360:

E go be you like snake in da monkey shadow. Igbos must face the consequences of their actions.
And we will not be the worst after all. if 30years plus of northern leadership did not improve their worth I wonder why an Igbo man should expect a miracle in four years. Aregbeshola still owe 6 months salary still you voted for him that makes me wonder. is it fair.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by loco4love: 3:00am On Apr 06, 2015
I curse Niggeria today: May its powers be destroyed in 7 years. May all its victims rejoice in its defeat. Amen.

May YoBaland be FREE.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Ximenes45(m): 3:06am On Apr 06, 2015
[s]
spiralwedge:
[/s]
This is uncalled for,with this much hatred in your heart,Nigeria would still be stuck in 1960, Even if the SE had given GMB the necessary votes in the elections while sidelining GEJ and then he lost to GEJ,Y'all would still spew hate...The Best men for the posts should be selected Judiciously regardless of his ethnic origin,and let's together move the country to greater heights and Really effect The CHANGE clamoured for...Funny enough, I still believe it would be Business as usual(Same Knights of Corruption & Nepotism at the helm of affairs undecided)...God Bless and Keep Nigeria! Pax!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by buchichukwu69: 7:05am On Apr 06, 2015
They did not vote for Jonathan in 2011. But they voted PDP candidates to Senate and House of Rep. As such didn't put their eggs in one basket. Go and check pls.
ArodeTsolaye:
A guardian reader Arinze Nwosu says and i quote-

"No regrets rejecting the APC at the polls by the South East.

North West did not vote Jonathan in 2011, yet they got Speaker House of Reps, Defence minister, National security Adviser, Inspector General of Police, External affairs minister, Education minister, Chief Justice of Federation etc."

The immediate future will prove if the "equity, fairness and justice" we chorus in our anthems are just mere musical verses. cheesy
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by spiralwedge(m): 8:48am On Apr 06, 2015
happybrother, your comment to my last post only vindicated my submission and nothing else.
I am not talking about Igbo being successful or not.
I am not talking about civil war.
I am not talking about what you endured.
bros, wake up.. it is 2015. about 40years after.

For emphasis sake,
I am talking of crude ethnic sentimentality.
I am talking of inability to politically emancipate and integrate.
I am talking about lack of strategy
I am talking of SE feeling victimized, marginalized, instead of taking responsibility for her actions/inactions....
I am talking about discerning selfish leaders and people not thinking for themselves.
I am talking about looking for competence and other good qualities over tribe or history.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:24am On Apr 06, 2015
On their own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2015
cheesy :DOhhhh ! My ground chudren mk una cm schhhopu :DOhhhh ! My ground chudren mk una cm schhhopu
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by nagoma(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2015
agurza:
eyya c as dis one dey console himself after using his anus to think before election. Don't worry Buhari is not like that. Face reality go and read more about Buhari.

Good girl, but what kind of name is agurza?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jubilation As Saraki Meets Other Defectors At PDP Secretariat In Abuja. Photos / Lunch With Atiku Abubakar: Dino Melaye Shares Photo / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.