Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan (72288 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by thinkdip(m): 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday looked back at his years of service from being the deputy governor of his home state, Bayelsa, to when he became the country’s President and said, “I think it is enough.”

Jonathan spoke while receiving residents of the Federal Capital Territory who were led by Vice President Namadi Sambo to pay him Easter homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The President said he had no doubt that he is the luckiest Nigerian.

He said, “For me as an individual, this Easter coincides with the time I am leaving but I always say that I am one of the luckiest Nigerians. I am yet to see somebody luckier than me.

“From 1999, I was in the hands of government for 16 years. Not just in government as a parliamentarian because if you are a Senator or House of Representatives member, you take care of yourself, you live in your own house.

“I was in a cage, being taken care of by the government. From May 29, 1999 to date; 16 good years. I think it is enough and I am happy, help me to thank God for that.

“I will continue to thank Nigerians for giving me that privilege. I became a deputy governor because Bayelsans voted for me and my governor then. I became a Vice President because Nigerians voted for Yar’Adua and myself.

“I continued in 2011 because Nigerians voted for me and Architect Namadi Sambo. I have to thank all Nigerians. Wherever I will be, I will remain grateful to this great country. Today is a glorious day for me.”

Jonathan said Easter, being a period of sacrifice, Nigerians should be ready to make sacrifice for the survival of the government irrespective of who is the President at a given time.

He said even since his days as deputy governor in his home state, he kept telling people that what he needed from them was patriotism and not loyalty.

He said nation building depends on sacrifice and patriotism.

He cited the examples of soldiers and policemen who he said were dying daily in their fight against Boko Haram in order for others to live.
www.punchng.com/news/i-have-had-enough-says-jonathan/

177 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Flets: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
Posterity will judge GEJ fairly.

Providence brought you this far sir, Congrats for writing your name in gold.

Your best wishes for this country was never hidden as we saw in your achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector.....etc

Even until late, you kept Nigeria first and saved Nigeria from impending anarchy that could have trailed a tribunal or election rejection even when you could.

You were not as forceful as Nigerians wished because of our years of military rule. We lacked patience to see your policies come into tangible fruition. You were grossly misunderstood and propaganda from the opposition camp fuelled the government apathy of the impatient populace.

I will always maintain that you are Nigeria's best president. We were few months away from implementing the confab report that would have enthroned true federalism which would have set us on the path of recovery and greatness.

I am certain posterity will judge you fairly. Through all the insults, you never reacted. You gave all freedom like we've never seen before.

IF WE MUST PRACTICE DEMOCRACY, YOU ARE THE TEMPLATE.

I don't think you lost this election, you are just a victim of a sectional majority and Nigeria actually lost you instead.

I know we Nigerians are an impatient lot with unachievable high hopes for the incoming government. In few months time, after our hopes have been met with reality. ... then we shall sing your praises.

Whenever the history of this country will be written, your section will be in gold.

Go with your head up high, even you opponents would not have taken the step you took on this journey.

You remain my HERO.

1037 Likes 198 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Sandydayz(f): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nice.... I hope it comes from his heart cry

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Sandydayz(f): 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nice.... I hope it comes from his heart cry
In case this gets to front page
Happy Easter kiss kiss kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by emmysoftyou: 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
Chai 16years...that s much...

One of the reasons why nigerians don't want you to return..

Cos yu will make it 20years....

Anyway your name worked for you but not for nigerians cheesy

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Sweetguy25: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
You are leaving as the most democratic president Nigeria has ever had.
You gave Nigerians the ultimate freedom they wished for, the freedom of expression through the ballot and through their voices. They have seen what it finally feels like and they will demand for nothing less from future presidents.
Adios Mr Goodluck Jonathan.

223 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Just leave us alone. We have had enough of your wicked policies. God will bless Nigeria again.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by phelps007: 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Bye-bye Sir.

Happy Easter to all NLs.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by bunmioguns(m): 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
cry
Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by mustrule(m): 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Thank You Jona

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Eggcelent(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
President GEJ gives the impression of a good man at heart but a bad judge of character & someone too laid back to confront his erring subordinates. I wouldn't know the inner workings at Aso Villa, but judging from the outside, it seems the man never fully understood what it meant to be the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria. He might have done much better as governor of one of the smaller states.

121 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
Abegi. Stop talking already. It is not like we don't remember all you did to hurt our democracy especially the HoR saga.

74 Likes

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by uniwise: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:
Posterity will judge GEJ fairly.

Providence brought you this far sir, Congrats for writing your name in gold.

Your best wishes for this country was never hidden as we saw in your achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector.

Even until late, you kept Nigeria first and saved Nigeria from impending anarchy that could have trailed a tribunal or election rejection even when you could.

You were not as forceful as Nigerians wished because of our years of military rule. We lacked patience to see your policies come into tangible fruition. You were grossly misunderstood and propaganda from the opposition camp fuelled the government apathy of the impatient populace.

I will always maintain that you are Nigeria's best president. We were few months away from implementing the confab report that would have enthroned true federalism which would have set us on the path of recovery and greatness.

I am certain posterity will judge you fairly. Through all the insults, you never reacted. You gave all freedom like we've never seen before.

IF WE MUST PRACTICE DEMOCRACY, YOU ARE THE TEMPLATE.

I don't think you lost this election, you are just a victim of a sectional majority and Nigeria actually lost you instead.

I know we Nigerians are an impatient lot with unachievable high hopes for the incoming government. In few months time, after our hopes have been met with reality. ... then we shall sing your praises.

Whenever the history of this country will be written, your section will be in gold.

Go with your head up high, even you opponents would not have taken the step you took on this journey.

You remain my HERO.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Djicemob: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
omenka:
Abegi. Stop talking already. It is not like we don't remember all you did to hurt our democracy especially the HoR saga.
You always make silly points. I shock!

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Flets: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Djicemob:
You always make silly points. I shock!

He works at the APC control abi situation room. You should not be surprised.

70 Likes

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by CR77(f): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
Well done my Hero you say it all

Loving you more sir

GEJ TILL MAY 29th

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
undecided

indirectly thanking Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to dip his hands into the national pool of money. I think he would have been luckier if he married a calm woman and chose the right guys to work with. Good luck to you Jonathan. I will miss your wife's grammatical bombs grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Ilekeh(f): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
#truckpusher
Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by zuma4k(m): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
You did a remarkable job Sir, I'm not sure we'll have anyone with such a good heart in this Generation or the next. Well done Mr President... I'd be forever proud to have called you MY PRESIDENT!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by ruggedboy01: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
My hero and mentor am gonna miss u angry sad
As u retire to otueke may God bless u. I remembered vividly what happened 2011 when u defeated gmb cry of which I lost my sweet brother cry

Am happy no soul was lost in this last election!!!!!!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by hijacke(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
I pity Gej now, he may have lost the election but he won the pity of Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
If after 16yrs in government there are no TANGIBLE projects I repeat TANGIBLE projects that can be traced directly to you am afraid you are a failure. By now you should have completed second niger bridge, a sea port in any part of the country, a standard refinery and or stable electricity supply.

30 Likes

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
God bless ma president! YORUBAS ARE VERY WICKED... Who is fooling who!
''Obasanjo a (YORUBA MAN) and Atiku in 8yrs built one
UNIVERSITY each for themselves. - Bells and
ABTI.... Jonathan and Sambo in 4yrs built 14
universities for all Nigerians.''Yet he was voted out.
PLEASE NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now
consultants/members for/of APC.... Seeking
CHANGE!!!

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by mmsen: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Conducted himself with dignity.

Thank you for the Freedom of Information Act.

I hope that the PIB goes through as you intended.

9 Likes

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by MillionDollars: 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yeah., fake hero.. I still don't know why some stewpid mofos are hailing him for accepting defeat. Is it his father's house. SHIIIIITTTTT

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Flets: 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ok
Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Brightology2(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
K
Re: I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Comment loading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho: I Am In My House In Ibadan, I Wasn't Arrested At Guru Maharaji's / Cattle-Laden Truck Attacked In Onitsha, Driver & Conductor Killed / 15 Powerful Images From Nigeria’s March 28 Presidential Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.