Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3018789 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Let me give you a brief story on what played out or what's playing out in Baga.

Baga town is a big fishing community with several islands littering around.

When I arrived Monguno in 2018, we had healthcare centres and livelihood outlets in Baga town. My first visit to Baga town was by road from Monguno to Baga town around 1hr30mins drive. Baba Baga is blessed with a very lucrative fishing industry. Infact I ate a very big cat fish for 500 naira. I then told my friends that I'll buy the smoked fish in trailers and send to Abuja. One of my colleagues told me moving fish is contraband here embarassed

When the Military took over Baga they started imposing heavy tax on this market and where even controlling the Baga fish market down to Maiduguri. Many top military brats in Borno and Baga infact became Multi Millionaires cool

ISWAP too had some areas they controlled and where also imposing tax on fishermen and the business couriers of this fish. Now the businessmen who were directly dealing with the Military where not happy because the tax the military were imposing was so much, while the businessmen who were directly dealing with ISWAP had lower tax and there fishes were cheap due to this low tax.

However, those buying directly from ISWAP were not using the roads to take this fishes to Maiduguri, while those through the military were freely using the roads as they got approvals from the top Generals grin

Now most of the businessmen using the military started moving over to the ISWAP market following the bushy terrains to conduct business with ISWAP as their tax where cheaper of which implies more profits. The military noticed this and started tracking most of the businessmen carrying fishes through the Bushes. Once the Military gets them they burn the cars and the fishes saying it's ISWAP selling to fund arms of which they are right as well grin

After several manhunt on these illegal fishing guys ISWAP were now really angry that most of their business counterparts were not coming forward again due to the massive manhunt by the military in the bushes. This greatly affected ISWAP finances of which they had to do something fast.

In the third-quarter of 2018 the United Nations got a real information that ISWAP will carryout a very massive attack at Baga town because of this fishing industry. The United Nations Security Group immediately told us all to evacuate from Baga town immediately.

A month after this circular ISWAP struck massively at Baga in the late 2018 and throughout 2019 ISWAP controlled the fishing Market 100%. In late 2019 the military went back to the MNJTF base which is 7km into Baga town. Infact while at that Base ISWAP was still in Baga town both of them looking at each other from afar.

After sometime the Military conducted an operation into Baga town. The ISWAP moved over to the several Islands there and till date the locals say ISWAP still stroll in freely especially at nights.

The Fishing market there remains the big deal of the Baga controversy.

This war get as e be cool
lol this sounds more like an edited movie script grin

Tales by moonlight bro.. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
seankafor:
lol this sounds more like an edited movie script grin

Tales by moonlight bro.. grin

Yes Nwannem tales cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
After watching the attack on Gov Zullum's convoy, I reached a conclusion that our security agents primarily (SSS) and other body guards of the governor have alot to learn on close quarter VIP protection. I'll absolve the army from this because its not part of their training (maybe with the exception of special forces).
Gun fight started instead of the Governor's security to form a shied around him rather they were ducking exposing Zullum, it was a sorry sight to behold the DSS guy was even using the governor as shield, instead of him to shield the governor from the direction of the shootout. The policemen there kuku japa begin struggle who go first enter that APC grin grin
The man wasn't wearing a bullet proof and non of his security aides thought it wise to pull off theirs and put it on the governor. In fact the standard should have being immediately the threat was detected his men should have first of all form a shield around him while jacking him off to his bullet proof vehicle. If the governor is feeling stubborn/reluctant to follow security protocol as seen when the shoot out occured, in this situation its the lead security attache that has the final say and not even the governor as it is his responsibility, jack him off to safety first as his under you that moment and not otherwise.
I dont know if debriefing is usually done by the SSS after such encounter but it is important they reviewe their modus operandi because a good sniper would have easily taken out the governor in such ensuing confusion, there could even be accidental discharge from one of those "yan bangers" (CJTF). That whole episode was an eyesore, they should up their game biko.

18 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
ugo4u:
After watching the attack on Gov Zullum's convoy, I reached a conclusion that our security agents primarily (SSS) and other body guards of the governor have alot to learn on close quarter VIP protection. I'll absolve the army from this because its not part of their training (maybe with the exception of special forces).
Gun fight started instead of the Governor's security to form a shied around him rather they were ducking exposing Zullum, it was a sorry sight to behold the DSS guy was even using the governor as shield, instead of him to shield the governor from the direction of the shootout. The policemen there kuku japa begin struggle who go first enter that APC grin grin
The man wasn't wearing a bullet proof and non of his security aides thought it wise to pull off theirs and put it on the governor. In fact the standard should have being immediately the threat was detected his men should have first of all form a shield around him while jacking him off to his bullet proof vehicle. If the governor is feeling stubborn/reluctant to follow security protocol as seen when the shoot out occured, in this situation its the lead security attache that has the final say and not even the governor as it is his responsibility, jack him off to safety first as his under you that moment and not otherwise.
I dont know if debriefing is usually done by the SSS after such encounter but it is important they reviewe their modus operandi because a good sniper would have easily taken out the governor in such ensuing confusion, there could even be accidental discharge from one of those "yan bangers" (CJTF). That whole episode was an eyesore, they should up their game biko.
it's good to watch movies bro..
But its another thing to differentiate between real life and movies grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
What he said is true....That fiasco is an embarrassment to the SSS

seankafor:

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
seankafor:
Even in movies they copy the laid down protocols for VIP protection from elite security services /agencies around the world.
There are procedures to this thing, that's why SSS have a different training doctrine from the army and other security agencies.
There is even a live recording of the assassination attempt on Reagan and how his security detail reacted on youtube.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
NAF S.O.F

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
NA

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
ugo4u:

Even in movies they copy the laid down protocols for VIP protection from elite security services /agencies around the world.
There are procedures to this thing, that's why SSS have a different training doctrine from the army and other security agencies.
Their is even a live recording of the assassination attempt on Reagan and how his security detail reacted on youtube.

Confirmed cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
youghs:

These guys always attack baga from lake chad islands and then run back when they are done or repelled that's one the reasons I've been clamouring for border security, we aren't going to win this war without it.
This is one of the reasons MNJTF was created...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
seankafor:
even in the video them dey tell my Zulum Go down e nor dey hear e dey form Hard Man...
Zulum was lucky I swr if truly say Baga was really in the hands of ISWAP( Make una no chop me grin) Na RPG,AA and IED na
U know ISWAP grin but these guy just do hit and run grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
Lots of happenings in the last few weeks, insecurity, very weak, unresponsive lethargic government, brazen corruption et al.

Who else wishes Obasanjo was President because I don't understand how a country has to endure much as seen in the last few months.

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
BlackBaron:
Lots of happenings in the last few weeks, insecurity, very weak, unresponsive lethargic government, brazen corruption et al.

Who else wishes Obasanjo was President because I don't understand how a country has to endure much as seen in the last few months.
Not a billion years do I pray for Obasanjo to be HOS
He sowed the seeds of the N’Delta
and BH
He and IBB deliberately castrated both the NA and NAF
He was deliberately castigated by the UN for sending peacekeeping out with no equipment.
He had to be rebuffed on National TV for seeking a 3rd Term.
Lagosians went 2 Years without getting a kobo from the F.G.Despite winning a Supreme Court judgement.
Bayelseans would like to see him tried as a War criminal.
Enough said
Enjoy your fried meat.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
The death toll from the twin bomb/Rocket blasts which rocked Maiduguri in Borno state has risen to 6.

This was confirmed by Mohammed Aliyu, the Borno state commissioner of police.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
LTGEN:

and BH
He was deliberately castigated by the UN for sending peacekeeping out with no equipment.
Lagosians went 2 Years without getting a kobo from the F.G.Despite winning a Supreme Court judgement.
Enough said
Enjoy your fried meat.

100% correct. The man is a war criminal.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
LTGEN:

and BH
Enough said
Enjoy your fried meat.
Didn't mean to hurt people's sensitivities. Lots of barefaced nonsense unraveling and nothing happening. Corrupt COAS, NDDC, Kaduna, Zamfara, Borno etc and an almost blind eye from the government. By the way, Obj wasn't accepted by me and my household but we saw some movements on corruption and instances of insecurity. Things under this regime are so brazen and risk slowly descending into anarchy.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
Please whats gov zulums motorcade made of?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nigerian Army and Nigerian Airforce has snuffed out Suspected desperate BokoHaram/ISWAP elements hibernating around Maiduguri towns of Tungushe, Dusuman, Kaleri behind the university, Kofa, Dala kaleri, Bimi, Ajiri, Bulabulin, kirikashima, wamuri, Ngubala Bamma.
The jihadist units use these isolated areas to plan & launch attacks into Maiduguri & disappear back into these areas. More effective/frequent clearance operation on the areas of Maiduguri villages & bushes is encouraged from the Army and other joint security forces.

Source @ottotgs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Breaking News:

Time of incident report 1800hrs 31st July 2020 - Reckless Gun Discharge: Sources say an overzealous soldier has mistakenly but recklessly shot dead a male IDP who came late after curfew at a location given as Muna Garage area - Maiduguru/MMC Borno State.
Sources say the HQNigerianArmy has dispatched a team to deal with the situation as IDPs are agitated - other sources say the soldier may have mistaken the unfortunate IDP for a threat in the heightened environment - an investigation will reveal the true circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
Some new pics have emerged of the South African Air Force C-130BZ, serial 403, being dismantled for transport. It was heavily damaged after veering off the runway at Goma, DRC in bad weather in January, and will almost certainly never fly again.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
N64bn UNIMAID fence

THE Federal Government has begun the construction of the 27.3-kilometre perimeter fence for the University of Maiduguri to check incessant attacks by Boko Haram terrorists.

The project, which is valued at N64bn, is to stop the terrorists who have been penetrating the North-East part of the institution’s campus. Read more - https://punchng.com/n64bn-unimaid-fence/

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidexiii:
N64bn UNIMAID fence

THE Federal Government has begun the construction of the 27.3-kilometre perimeter fence for the University of Maiduguri to check incessant attacks by Boko Haram terrorists.

The project, which is valued at N64bn, is to stop the terrorists who have been penetrating the North-East part of the institution’s campus. Read more - https://punchng.com/n64bn-unimaid-fence/
As if the fence would actually deter the terrorists.

They should donate that money to the Armed forces instead of putting it to waste on a fence undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
NNS Aradu during dry docking

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
demolition:

As if the fence would actually deter the terrorists.

They should donate that money to the Armed forces instead of putting it to waste on a fence undecided undecided

You no nice at all !
What of if you have kids attending the school, “please make them do am” from what I heard it’s not the normal or common fencing you see around.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidexiii:

You no nice at all !
What of if you have kids attending the school, “please make them do am” from what I heard it’s not the normal or common fencing you see around.
issorite. I just think it's more wise for the federal government invest proper on the state defense to make sure a university within the state capital don't have to be afraid enough to need a sophisticated fence..
If not really soon we might be fencing Abuja and it won't look somehow.
cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
demolition:

issorite. I just think it's more wise for the federal government invest proper on the state defense to make sure a university within the state capital don't have to be afraid enough to need a sophisticated fence..
If not really soon we might be fencing Abuja and it won't look somehow.
cheesy

Lol tho they need a fence as behind the school is an open forest cool They are lucky the school is not situated in Jiddari outskirt or Damboa road in Maid self

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 01, 2020
ugo4u:

Lol no time to take BPJ off and put it on another during attack . Target will be dead by then .

SOP is to use these bullet proof shields , will stop even an armour piercing sniper round .

Standard equipment of close in protection teams around the world.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 4:35am On Aug 01, 2020
bidexiii:
N64bn UNIMAID fence

$160 million for a school fence. How much does the university itself cost. Can FG invest as much in the school?
This money should be spent on quelling the insurgency instead of anticipating future attacks.
Perimeter fencing will only deter individuals from infiltrating not an invading army armed with explosives and sucide bombers.

Misplaced priority

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol tho they need a fence as behind the school is an open forest cool They are lucky the school is not situated in Jiddari outskirt or Damboa road in Maid self

They don't need a fence to be honest, if BH wants to attack it won't take them anything to destroy the fence, it's total waste of money. All they need is one or two drones that can patrol the area 24/7 while some soldiers who are stationed there would respond to any breach.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:59am On Aug 01, 2020
persius555:

$160 million for a school fence. How much does the university itself cost. Can FG invest as much in the school?
This money should be spent on quelling the insurgency instead of anticipating future attacks.
Perimeter fencing will only deter individuals from infiltrating not an invading army armed with explosives and sucide bombers.

Misplaced priority

It’s people like you who will first blame government and security outfit for not doing there job or blaming government for not securing the premises of the university.
Nigerians the way we think, if you’ve been to UNIMAID before you’ll know the university premises needs a total fencing because of its proximity to Lake Chad Basin and it’s situated along Maiduguri outskirts.
If you tell me the money his too much for fencing a 27.3k distance but don’t say it’s a misplaced priority.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2020
How can we build a $160M wall,but can't afford IFVs or 30mm rounds for the army?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.