Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3040656 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2020
youghs:

The man needs to reorganize and be serious about his personal security detail..How can you be using different personal security detail from different agencies who were trained in a different way to behave the same way in tensed scenarios, it's not just about knowing how to shoot a gun...I even saw a civilian covering up for the man like, wtf..He needs to be more serious about his own safety.

I dont think it is the responsibility of the Governor to reorganize his security detail. there's little he can do. The leadership at both DSS and the NPF should recall both agents and CTU+SPU officers respectively, RETRAIN and re-equip them, then redeploy them. As a matter of fact, i think they should review and revamp their whole curriculum. That whole incident was a national embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Xbee007:

According to Beegeagle, it is probably the units from Brazil.

I thought the deal was canceled cause the US was insisting on the leahy law'(Pratt & Whitney engines), + after trump intersided, were got the A-29 deal?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
On a similar note, has anyone noticed that the outfits worn by DSS agents have become a bit more ragtag and unprofessional compared to the yesteryears? Again, maybe it's just me.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
lebuhsi:

I thought the deal was canceled cause the US was insisting on the leahy law'(Pratt & Whitney engines), + after trump intersided, were got the A-29 deal?
It makes sense that after Trump approved the deal Nigeria can as well buy from Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2020
Xbee007:

It makes sense that after Trump approved the deal Nigeria can as well buy from Brazil.

Yeah, I guess it would, but if it's true, it took them long enough! undecided

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
lebuhsi:

yeah I remembered they said cancelled but I think it was later signed I'll get it from NAF page
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
BREAKING: Husband, Wife Killed As Boko Haram Bombs Borno Again | Sahara Reporters

The explosions occurred around 12:30am on Sunday, according to residents, who spoke with our correspondent. SaharaReporters gathered that many people also sustained injuries from the blasts.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
X

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
Brazil has approved the sale of its three serviceable pre-owned Super Tucano A-29 attack aircraft to Nigeria.
The acquisition of this aircraft by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is expected to boost its operational capabilities in tackling insurgence and militancy in the country.

Besides its deployment for Surveillance, Reconnaissance and counter-insurgency missions, the aircraft could also carry a wide array of armaments, including precision guided monitors, advance avionic, communications and sensors.
Moreover, the aircraft can also operate in remote and un-paved airfield while the maximum speed of the aircraft is approximately 590 kilometres per hour.
The Embraer Contract Negotiator, Mr Eneias de Souza Freitas said, “the Brazilian Ministry of Defence has informed them that it has approved the sale of 3 Super Tucano A-29 aircraft to Nigeria.
Brazil has authorized its Air Force to transfer the aircraft to Embraer Defence and Security, for onward delivering to the Nigerian Air Force.
Mr Freitas further said that the legal requirement and procedures were being finalized by the Brazilian Air Force while promising to facilitate the legal process “this is of concerned to us, we will for sure take your message back to the people with the legal procedures to quicken the process.” Mr Freitas said.
Meanwhile, the Chief of Air Staff (CAS) said that the idea of the NAF to acquire Super Tucano A-29 aircraft was mooted in 2015 and appropriated in the 2016 Budget.
He urged the company to facilitate the procurement process to enable the NAF take delivering of the aircraft within reasonable time.
A team of NAF officers would visit Brazil to further inspect the aircraft. Nigeria also intends to purchase new Super Tucano A-29 aircraft from the US.
Mr Freitas was accompanied by the Embraer Director of Business Development, Europe and Africa, Mr Jose Gustavo.
throwback
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
ocelot2006:
On a similar note, has anyone noticed that the outfits worn by DSS agents have become a bit more ragtag and unprofessional compared to the yesteryears? Again, maybe it's just me.

Try and check other governors PSDs and you'll see there's a far difference between borno and other governors detail. it's usually just DSS and one police ADC who do close protection. Buh in borno's case I've noticed you'll see different agencies who are even without ballistic vests.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
throwback
Do you know if all the three have been delivered
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
youghs:

Do you know if all the three have been delivered
that's the rumor we are hearing that They are @NAF 75 Strike group Yola Air Force Base
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
that's the rumor we are hearing that They are @NAF 75 Strike group Yola Air Force Base
if so, should it not be on naf social media pages
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
seems like it's true but not the one from US Beeagle military blog confirmed it's the three pre-owned once from Brazil cheesy
I can recall that deal went through but never saw the planes...

Looks like it was a lie as it appears to have been deleted on Twitter.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
I couldn’t substantiate this.
I went to Gbash’s Twitter page .
It wasn’t there.
Gbash also follows me on Twitter I didn’t receive any Alert.
Let’s wait a couple of days for clarification.
Also the first A29 Pilots just left last month for training in the States.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
rka1:

It is difficult to trust Naija papers, but see below.

https://leadership.ng/2020/08/01/insurgency-cas-lauds-deployment-of-super-tucano-aircraft-to-naf-yola/
Leadership Newspaper has taken down this story.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
So the Tucano Rumor is A lie...
But we need know the whereabouts of our Brazil Tucano
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has insisted that there is sabotage in the system that will not allow insurgency to end in the North East.

He said this on Sunday when he met with the Governors of Kebbi and Jigawa States, Atiku Bagudu and Badaru Abubakar, who paid him a solidarity visit over the recent attack in Baga – a town in Borno.

Governor Zulum believes some elements are trying to frustrate the effort of the government in ending the insurgency and President Muhammadu Buhari needs to know the truth.

He said, “Let me also re-echo my previous position with respect to the level of insurgency in Borno State, I earlier said that the gravity of the insurgency cannot be compared with what has happened between 2011 to 2015, and 2015 to date. Yes, it’s true. The President has done well.

“But there’s sabotage in the system that will not allow insurgency to end; the President has to know this very important point.”

“When he came to Maiduguri two months ago, I said so because between 2011 to 2015, at a time, almost about 22 LGAs were under the insurgents.

“Out of the four main roads that lead to Maiduguri. only one was functional,” the governor added.

‘Why Is Insurgency Not Ending?’

He stressed the need for the President to examine the security situation in the region critically, to ensure the effort of his administration was not in vain.

Recounting his experience during his recent trip to Baga town, Governor Zulum accused the military of taking over the farmlands of residents.

He insisted that there was no justification for what he described as preventing residents displaced by insurgency from returning to their ancestral homes.

“There’s one very important question that we need to ask, why is the insurgency not ending? There’s sabotage in the system and there’s a need for the President to examine the current situation with a view to resolving it.

“We have a huge population and people do not have access to their agricultural lands, and poverty is one of the causes of insurgency; why are you not allowing people to go back to their ancestral lands so that they will go and earn their living?” the governor questioned.

He added, “A situation where our Nigerian military are farming the lands, denying access to the common man to farm; what justification do they have for not allowing our people to go back to their ancestral homes?

The meeting, which was also attended by the state Deputy Governor, Umar Kadafur, held at the Government House in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

Also present was the immediate past Governor of Borno, Senator Kashim Shettima, as well as Senator Ali Ndume and members of the State Executive Council.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has insisted that there is sabotage in the system that will not allow insurgency to end in the North East.

He said this on Sunday when he met with the Governors of Kebbi and Jigawa States, Atiku Bagudu and Badaru Abubakar, who paid him a solidarity visit over the recent attack in Baga – a town in Borno.

Governor Zulum believes some elements are trying to frustrate the effort of the government in ending the insurgency and President Muhammadu Buhari needs to know the truth.

He said, “Let me also re-echo my previous position with respect to the level of insurgency in Borno State, I earlier said that the gravity of the insurgency cannot be compared with what has happened between 2011 to 2015, and 2015 to date. Yes, it’s true. The President has done well.

“But there’s sabotage in the system that will not allow insurgency to end; the President has to know this very important point.”

“When he came to Maiduguri two months ago, I said so because between 2011 to 2015, at a time, almost about 22 LGAs were under the insurgents.

“Out of the four main roads that lead to Maiduguri. only one was functional,” the governor added.

‘Why Is Insurgency Not Ending?’

He stressed the need for the President to examine the security situation in the region critically, to ensure the effort of his administration was not in vain.

Recounting his experience during his recent trip to Baga town, Governor Zulum accused the military of taking over the farmlands of residents.

He insisted that there was no justification for what he described as preventing residents displaced by insurgency from returning to their ancestral homes.

“There’s one very important question that we need to ask, why is the insurgency not ending? There’s sabotage in the system and there’s a need for the President to examine the current situation with a view to resolving it.

“We have a huge population and people do not have access to their agricultural lands, and poverty is one of the causes of insurgency; why are you not allowing people to go back to their ancestral lands so that they will go and earn their living?” the governor questioned.

He added, “A situation where our Nigerian military are farming the lands, denying access to the common man to farm; what justification do they have for not allowing our people to go back to their ancestral homes?

The meeting, which was also attended by the state Deputy Governor, Umar Kadafur, held at the Government House in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

Also present was the immediate past Governor of Borno, Senator Kashim Shettima, as well as Senator Ali Ndume and members of the State Executive Council.

Governor Zulum is an Unpatriotic Nigerian. He is just hyping everything. Sincerely we cannot take him serious on this thread. cool

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/02/insurgency-zulum-alleges-sabotage-says-buhari-needs-to-know-the-truth/

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2020
In a nutshell the chief security officer and Governor of Borno is saying that the top brass are milking the war for money at the cost of the blood of soldiers. If true it cannot be allowed to continue. The status of the Governor demands an investigation.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Governor Zulum is an Unpatriotic Nigerian. He is just hyping everything. Sincerely we cannot take him serious on this thread. cool

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/02/insurgency-zulum-alleges-sabotage-says-buhari-needs-to-know-the-truth/

You’re funny dude. Are you saying the Governor his unpatriotic or you’re joking Samuel ?

Either in these thread or out there, we all know that there are and there would always be sabotage’s.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

grin you don't start o u wan bring talk Abi grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
Toju200:
grin you don't start o u wan bring talk Abi grin

grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
bidexiii:

You’re funny dude. Are you saying the Governor his unpatriotic or you’re joking Samuel ?

Either in these thread or out there, we all know that there are and there would always be sabotage’s.

grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
Following my tweet on the attack on Gov. Zulum. A v senior public servant wrote to me that it wasn’t BH but “a resistance & delay tactic by the Military to stop the Gov. from accessing Baga, the Center for the Military High Command’s illegal Multi-Million Naira Fishing Business.”I think someone on this thread was right about this Fish business

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

His eyes is finally opening to the reality that some beneficiaries of this war are willing, able and ready to do anything in order to ensure it doesn't end.

Senile Buhari on the under hand is dead inside and unaware of reality. As far as he knows, everything is fine and dandy. Buhari indeed is a scam!

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
LNA's Tariq bin Ziyad bn. EOD teams & equipment, displayed during Haftar's visit to the battalion HQ in #Benghazi

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
yoged:
Following my tweet on the attack on Gov. Zulum. A v senior public servant wrote to me that it wasn’t BH but “a resistance & delay tactic by the Military to stop the Gov. from accessing Baga, the Center for the Military High Command’s illegal Multi-Million Naira Fishing Business.”I think someone on this thread was right about this Fish business
SamuelAnyawu is being vindicated left, right and centre. I am jealous. grin grin grin

I was also amazed that despite the throng of people with Gov. Zulum during the ambush, not a single person was injured.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
BREAKING | Boko Haram/ISWAP Executes 2 Soldiers, One Igbo Man, 17 Others

https://metrowatchonline.com/breaking-boko-haram-iswap-executes-2-soldiers-one-igbo-man-17-others/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
It's time we close all IDP camps and move people back to their hometowns. Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists should do their worse like the despicable monsters they are.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
Beautiful Women of the Nigerian Navy.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
bidexiii:
Beautiful Women of the Nigerian Navy.

More

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.