Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,344 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3018770 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2020
youghs:

Governor Zulum is truly a man of the people buh he won't be doing his state any good if he's not alive. He's currently the best governor in Nigeria today

Agreed without reservation or question ❓
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2020
dragon2:
How can we build a $160M wall,but can't afford IFVs or 30mm rounds for the army?

3 or 4 btr 4, with a cheap drone and 150 soldiers with 120mm mortars, is more cheaper and effective than a wall .

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2020
When was the last time Maiduguri was infiltrated by the terrorists? I just want to check something.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2020
dragon2:
How can we build a $160M wall,but can't afford IFVs or 30mm rounds for the army?

It is beyond my comprehension.

Sudan that's not in our category has an arms industry that leaves us in the dark. And many will consider Sudan a backward country.

In terms of ammunition they produce the 12.7mm rounds incendiary and armour piercing. I have no official confirmation but it seems the also produce the 2A42 ammunition 30X165mm.

Israel has covertly bombed thier ordinance factories on a number of occasions and have been a supplier to Isreals enemies. if they were producing just basic munitions don't think Isreal would bother.

Consider this we can't provide basic body armour for our combatants. I looked at the combatants in Governor Zulams convoy. And you see we have some major issues.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2020
The perimeter of the developed part of the university isn't even up to 12km, so how did they arrived at 27km?
The exposed flanks of the university are already covered by very wide and deep ditches. So why the wall? If dem invest this money into army aviation unit, e get where e go reach. Shey these people no get brain at all ni?

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Sudan that's not in our category has an arms industry that leaves us in the dark. And many will consider Sudan s backward country.

In terms of ammunition they produce the 12.7mm rounds incendiary and armour piercing. I have no official confirmation but it seems the also produce the 2A42 ammunition 30X165mm.

Israel has covertly bombed thier ordinance factories on a number of occasions and have been a supplier to Isreals enemies. if they were producing just basic munitions don't think Isreal would bother.

Consider this we can't provide basic body armour for our combatants. I looked at the combatants in Governor Zulams convoy. And you see we have some major issues.
Sudan or South Sudan? Get your facts right bro, Sudan isn't a backward country and is far more infrastructurally developed than Nigeria.
You know the number of Nigerians schooling in universities in Sudan?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

3 or 4 btr 4, with a cheap drone and 150 soldiers with 120mm mortars, is more cheaper and effective than a wall .

BTR 3 would do the job.

What l am not able to comprehend is that, Boko is not a conventional army. Thier main weapon apart from IED's is rickety gun trucks with HMG.

These gun trucks are not armoured and are not precision weaponry, it's not like they come with 50 trucks. Just 15/20 gun trucks and we are in major problems.

Even with an AK what do think will happen if you put a few rounds in the engine bay. At least your burst the radiator, the truck will overheat and they will not get very far before the engine seizes.

Why are these rickety gun trucks that are far from accurate. Giving us such fear and creating so much chaos.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2020
Whyem15:

Sudan or South Sudan? Get your facts right bro, Sudan isn't a backward country and is far more infrastructurally developed than Nigeria.

Please read my write up and pay attention to detail and the exact diction used.

"Many will consider Sudan a backward country"

That doesn't include me, if my memory doesn’t fail me, Sanusi former CB Governor and Sultan of Kano studied their at one stage.

When you look at Sudans army industry you will notice they are considerably ahead of us. Sudan is not backward they even have a capacity to carry out major servicing of miltary aircraft and produce their own light aircraft with smart bombs.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/industry/industry-industry/sudans-safat-aviation-group-pushes-exports/

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

BTR 3 would do the job.

What l am not able to comprehend is that, Boko is not a conventional army. Thier main weapon apart from IED's is rickety gun trucks with HMG.

These gun trucks are not armoured and are not precision weaponry, it's not like they come with 50 trucks. Just 15/20 gun trucks and we are in major problems.

Even with an AK what do think will happen if you put a few rounds in the engine bay. At least your burst the radiator, the truck will overheat and they will not get very far before the engine seizes.

Why are these rickety gun trucks that are far from accurate. Giving us such fear and creating so much chaos.
Their major weapon in brainwashing people to believe they will go to heaven straight for dying while fighting for them. They can afford to waste a thousand of their members attacking military formation if the prize is impressive.
Their greatest advantage is the ability to mix with civilians within minutes of retreating from military positions they attacked.
Also the flexibility and great mobility that they have are disadvantageous to us. Immobilize a gun truck and they will get down to trek to their location or hijack vehicles from civilians to move them around.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:00am On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Please read my write up and pay attention to detail and the exact diction used.

"Many will wrongly consider Sudan a backward country"

That doesn't include me, if my memory doesn’t fail me, Sanusi former CB Governor and Sultan of Sokoto studied their at one stage.

When you look at Sudans army industry you will notice they are considerably ahead of us.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2020
Whyem15:

Their major weapon in brainwashing people to believe they will go to heaven straight for dying while fighting for them. They can afford to waste a thousand of their members attacking military formation if the prize is impressive.
Their greatest advantage is the ability to mix with civilians within minutes of retreating from military positions they attacked.
Also the flexibility and great mobility that they have are disadvantageous to us. Immobilize a gun truck and they will get down to trek to their location or hijack vehicles from civilians to move them around.

Thier major weapon is the response of our NA. We repel leave them to comeback another day if not every other day.

We do not pursue, seek out, over take and DESTROY never ever to return again.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Sudan that's not in our category has an arms industry that leaves us in the dark. And many will consider Sudan s backward country.

I complained about this Issue of Zulum Security details not wear Body armor (DSS mostly) I mean most of his military Entourage are kitted Like SF tho they aren't but his close Protection details just wear polo and Jeans for what

Well we can't come to the conclusion they aren't given these Body armor vest cos they ought to have it's the basic thing

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2020
Whyem15:

Sudan is not South Sudan and l did not say South Sudan, l do know the difference between Khartoum and Juba.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2020
Toju200:
I complained about this Issue of Zulum Security details not wear Body armor (DSS mostly) I mean most of his military Entourage are kitted Like SF tho they aren't but his close Protection details just wear polo and Jeans for what

Well we can't come to the conclusion they aren't given these Body armor vest cos they ought to have it's the basic thing

I want to believe everybody is generally reasonable.

If you know you are following the Governor to Baga from Maiduguri to Baga.

Any idiot will know there is high probability that you will get hit. So unless you are an idiot or your a traditional religion practitioner and your Baba has given you what you think is bullet proof.

Any other normal person will have as his first item of clothing " body armour "

It seems they are not issued as commonly as we have been led to believe.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Any idiot will know there is high probability that you will get hit. So unless you are an idiot or your a traditional religion practitioner and your Baba has given you what you think is bullet proof.

true!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 11:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Whyem15:
The perimeter of the developed part of the university isn't even up to 12km, so how did they arrived at 27km?
The exposed flanks of the university are already covered by very wide and deep ditches. So why the wall? If dem invest this money into army aviation unit, e get where e go reach. Shey these people no get brain at all ni?

If dem get brain to do the right thing, it means they are dull to make money by the side
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Thier major weapon is the response of our NA. We repel leave them to comeback another day if not every other day.

We do not pursue, seek out, over take and DESTROY never ever to return again.

You have said it all.

That is why ISWAP will have the audacity to use 300 fighters to attack a Monguno base with over 1800 Soldiers.

A Major General will happily send out a media info that they were repelled and we killed 10 ISWAP members.

Then Congratulations starts flooding in grin

It's well shaaa as we shouldn't complain to be called Unpatriotic and an ISWAP sympathiser.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Stumbled on this pic on IG

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

If its DSS trust me they have it in huge numbers.

This case looks like operatives who choose not to wear them.

we have seem images of Adamawa governor's details who were fully kitted with even grenade launchers on this thread of recent.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
Fynline:
Stumbled on this pic on IG
Many might not understand if I say I'm speechless or I get annoyed when I see this

Well I'm speechless
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kalapizim:
If its DSS trust me they have it in huge numbers.

This case looks like operatives who choose not to wear them.

we have seem images of Adamawa governor's details who were fully kitted with even grenade launchers on this thread of recent.

Borno governors security details not fully kitted. Might be political, so they dont look threatening to the masses, and more approachable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
Guys The fence news was punch news doing their regular fake news thing...The Construction cost of the fence is N1.4bn and cost of security equipment to be equipped on the fence is N1bn..So the cost of the whole project is N2.4bn and not N64bn..The 64bn was the fund for all the projects which FG approved during the week which is mainly roads and the fence.

The link;
https://dailynigerian.com/buhari-approves-n65-9bn-for-road-projects-unimaid-fencing-others/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
youghs:
Guys The fence news was punch news doing their regular fake news thing...The Construction cost of the fence is N1.4bn and cost of security equipment to be equipped on the fence is N1bn..So the cost of the whole project is N2.4bn and not N64bn..The 64bn was the fund for all the projects which FG approved during the week which is mainly roads and the fence.

The link;
https://dailynigerian.com/buhari-approves-n65-9bn-for-road-projects-unimaid-fencing-others/
Nigerian Papers. Its a dilemma, the government lies, our newspaper are sensationalist. Who we offend for Nigeria abeg
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
youghs:

The link;
thanks For the clarification...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Borno governors security details not fully kitted. Might be political, so they dont look threatening to the masses, and more approachable.
Perhaps so Sha, we can only speculate.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toju200:
Many might not understand if I say I'm speechless or I get annoyed when I see this

Well I'm speechless
SPU tinz grin Nigerian police new cash out avenue grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Odunayaw:
Nigerian Papers. Its a dilemma, the government lies, our newspaper are sensationalist. Who we offend for Nigeria abeg
grin grin A good number of them are just big time bloggers.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
I don't wanna believe that N64bn for fence talk.
Anybody that is mulling that idea is looking bfir an avenue to loot scarce resources, this further make nonsense of the talk of no funds to run the military. It's obvious some people are just cashing out from this unfortunate situation. Imagine talking of spending over $160m on top fence wey Bokoharam fit light matches burn down, even as high as Trump's wall is Mexicans are still breaching it with ease, this na steel fence oo!!! towering over 25ft. Talkless of brick and mortar fence that will be built around the university in hope of wading off Bokoharam elements. That money can be invested in the NAF to operate a 24/7 drone unit that will even cover the entire Maiduguri not just the university.
The idea of building a fence around the university is not entirely bad, what I am against is the abominable and unreasonable cost of building it, abi na gold plated fence them wan build? If you check very well it might be a pharmaceutical company or rice mill coy owned by one politician that will bid and eventually be awarded the contract.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
youghs:

The link;

Imagine !
See people ey Dey talk anyhow, imagine yourself been a student running a programmer in UNIMAID, and you say it to there face that the fence his a misplaced priority.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
ugo4u:
I don't wanna believe that N64bn for fence talk.
Anybody that is mulling that idea is looking bfir an avenue to loot scarce resources, this further make nonsense of the talk of no funds to run the military. It's obvious some people are just cashing out from this unfortunate situation. Imagine talking of spending over $160m on top fence wey Bokoharam fit light matches burn down, even as high as Trump's wall is Mexicans are still breaching it with ease, this na steel fence oo!!! towering over 25ft. Talkless of brick and mortar fence that will be built around the university in hope of wading off Bokoharam elements. That money can be invested in the NAF to operate a 24/7 drone unit that will even cover the entire Maiduguri not just the university.
The idea of building a fence around the university is not entirely bad, what I am against is the abominable and unreasonable cost of building it, abi na gold plated fence them wan build? If you check very well it might be a pharmaceutical company or rice mill coy owned by one politician that will bid and eventually be awarded the contract.
That was A False news ooo guy...
The Amount of Money stated($160m) is both the Fence and Road projects across country..
False Info pls
Punch should get their Facts right
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toju200:
That was A False news ooo guy...
The Amount of Money stated($160m) is both the Fence and Road projects across country..
False Info pls
Punch should get their Facts right
I for fear, hence the Cavaet in my first paragraph.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Whyem15:

Unfortunately, Nigerians school everywhere. I imagine only that the US would monitor the movement in America of any US citizen that attained their qualification at any Sudanese institute of higher education.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.