Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,148 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3018615 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
ugo4u:
I don't wanna believe that N64bn for fence talk.
Anybody that is mulling that idea is looking bfir an avenue to loot scarce resources, this further make nonsense of the talk of no funds to run the military. It's obvious some people are just cashing out from this unfortunate situation. Imagine talking of spending over $160m on top fence wey Bokoharam fit light matches burn down, even as high as Trump's wall is Mexicans are still breaching it with ease, this na steel fence oo!!! towering over 25ft. Talkless of brick and mortar fence that will be built around the university in hope of wading off Bokoharam elements. That money can be invested in the NAF to operate a 24/7 drone unit that will even cover the entire Maiduguri not just the university.
The idea of building a fence around the university is not entirely bad, what I am against is the abominable and unreasonable cost of building it, abi na gold plated fence them wan build? If you check very well it might be a pharmaceutical company or rice mill coy owned by one politician that will bid and eventually be awarded the contract.
Barely 5 posts ahead of yours youghs debunked the story. E come be like say you don de harbor this thing wey you just yarn since and you just wan pour am out regardless tongue

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Odunayaw:
Barely 5 posts ahead of yours youghs debunked the story. E come be like say you don de harbor this thing wey you just yarn since and you just wan pour am out regardless tongue
I don dey boil after reading that punch story, didn't see the real story.
I sha wonder why a respectable media out fit like punch will be posting rubbish.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
So we received some Heli package from mother Russia today kiss
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
ugo4u:

I don dey boil after reading that punch story, didn't see the real story.
I sha wonder why a respectable media out fit like punch will be posting rubbish.
grin Me sef boil. But don't be surprised about Punch at all. This is what I was telling Anyanwu that time. If we no take steps to find out things, we'd waste a lot of energy fighting
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
seankafor:
Add pictures na...is this how you use to do
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
Odunayaw:
Add pictures na...is this how you use to do
I don't know if it's old or new

https://www.nairaland.com/6028179/world-largest-aircraft-antonov-landed#92340343
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
ugo4u:
After watching the attack on Gov Zullum's convoy, I reached a conclusion that our security agents primarily (SSS) and other body guards of the governor have alot to learn on close quarter VIP protection. I'll absolve the army from this because its not part of their training (maybe with the exception of special forces).
Gun fight started instead of the Governor's security to form a shied around him rather they were ducking exposing Zullum, it was a sorry sight to behold the DSS guy was even using the governor as shield, instead of him to shield the governor from the direction of the shootout. The policemen there kuku japa begin struggle who go first enter that APC grin grin
The man wasn't wearing a bullet proof and non of his security aides thought it wise to pull off theirs and put it on the governor. In fact the standard should have being immediately the threat was detected his men should have first of all form a shield around him while jacking him off to his bullet proof vehicle. If the governor is feeling stubborn/reluctant to follow security protocol as seen when the shoot out occured, in this situation its the lead security attache that has the final say and not even the governor as it is his responsibility, jack him off to safety first as his under you that moment and not otherwise.
I dont know if debriefing is usually done by the SSS after such encounter but it is important they reviewe their modus operandi because a good sniper would have easily taken out the governor in such ensuing confusion, there could even be accidental discharge from one of those "yan bangers" (CJTF). That whole episode was an eyesore, they should up their game biko.

I thought I was the only person that noticed the whole f@&k up called close protection during the incident involving the Borno State Governor. Embarrassment is an understatement. They left the Governor so exposed that at I point the Governor was left standing while the DSS agents with their Tavor rifles took cover behind the Governor's legs. The so called Police CTU officers couldn't even bundle the Governor into the safety of the APC and whisk him away. Rather the whole team kept the Governor in the firefight for a considerable period of time. In my opinion it was a MAJOR EMBARRASSMENT.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
seankafor:

https://www.nairaland.com/6028179/world-largest-aircraft-antonov-landed#92340343
The pictures in that thread are from 2018.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
Xbee007:

The pictures in that thread are from 2018.
just imagine grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
Nigerian Armed Forces.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
seankafor:

Sarrki got the write up from our Defense New Nigeria twitter blogger and decided to twist it. People can do anything to get to front page on Nairaland.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
ocelot2006:

I thought I was the only person that noticed the whole f@&k up called close protection during the incident involving the Borno State Governor. Embarrassment is an understatement. They left the Governor so exposed that at I point the Governor was left standing while the DSS agents with their Tavor rifles took cover behind the Governor's legs. The so called Police CTU officers couldn't even bundle the Governor into the safety of the APC and whisk him away. Rather the whole team kept the Governor in the firefight for a considerable period of time. In my opinion it was a MAJOR EMBARRASSMENT.

These kind of incidents open up a whole can of worms.

Look at the chaos and total disorder with no sense of professionalism and structure to what they were doing.

What was the threat, from what l could hear maybe not more than 6/7 misguided elements shooting their AK47's. And look at the terror based fearful response and complete loss of control and zero situational awareness as well as OFFENSIVE response.

Holding that thought, imagine just 3/4 Boko rickety gun trucks had engaged the convoy.

Can you imagine the utter carnage they would have rained on the Governor and his entourage. The chaos would have been off the scale combatants would probably run leaving the Governor to be captured.

Now we an insight into NA response to what should be routine ambushes and or enemy skirmishes. It doesn't look good AT ALL.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2020

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toju200:
thanks For the clarification...
Uwc bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
ocelot2006:

The man needs to reorganize and be serious about his personal security detail..How can you be using different personal security detail from different agencies who were trained in a different way to behave the same way in tensed scenarios, it's not just about knowing how to shoot a gun...I even saw a civilian covering up for the man like, wtf..He needs to be more serious about his own safety.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

These kind of incidents open up a whole can of worms.

Look at the chaos and total disorder with no sense of professionalism and structure to what they were doing.

What was the threat, from what l could hear maybe not more than 6/7 misguided elements shooting their AK47's. And look at the terror based fearful response and complete loss of control and zero situational awareness as well as OFFENSIVE response.

Holding that thought, imagine just 3/4 Boko rickety gun trucks had engaged the convoy.

Can you imagine the utter carnage they would have rained on the Governor and his entourage. The chaos would have been off the scale combatants would probably run leaving the Governor to be captured.

Now we an insight into NA response to what should be routine ambushes and or enemy skirmishes. It doesn't look good AT ALL.

Nothing about what happened, shows the NA response, it shows the sss and police response....I can bet you the army would have been better off, without so much unnecessary unprofessional armed men, getting in their way.

Also military men, have a way of intentionally putting you in danger to show you what they go through so you appreciate them or prove a point to you, though this might not necessarily what came to play in this incident, but I better you, a couple of officers and soldiers would be laughing over it and making jest of what happened.

Mind you, army guys have been known to abandon navy guys in the north east, so that the navy guys would prove their worth. Its just one of the funny things military men do, that can cost lives.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Nothing about what happened, shows the NA response, it shows the sss and police response....I can bet you the army would have been better off, without so much unnecessary unprofessional armed men, getting in their way.

Also military men, have a way of intentionally putting you in danger to show you what they go through so you appreciate them or prove a point to you, though this might not necessarily what came to play in this incident, but I better you, a couple of officers and soldiers would be laughing over it and making jest of what happened.

Mind you, army guys have been known to abandon navy guys in the north east, so that the navy guys would prove their worth. Its just one of the funny things military men do, that can cost lives.
Oga you sabi the game, this was likely what the governor was saying by "'this shooting is not from Boko Haram'" in the video.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kalapizim:
Oga you sabi the game, this was likely what the governor was saying by "'this shooting is not from Boko Haram'" in the video.

Nah my work, I know as e dey go...I fit draw map and put headings for person, throw compass give am, abandon am, as e dey sleep for jungle....I ready go back inside to go find am, but I i want prove point to am, or see specific things about the person personality
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoneyB-EHeg

It appears the Navy is cooking up a doc or a movie

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
seankafor:
Can you elaborate
MI35
or
Mi17

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoneyB-EHeg

It appears the Navy is cooking up a doc or a movie

I think a movie with Papel that did Eagle's movie for NAF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
bidexiii:
Some new pics have emerged of the South African Air Force C-130BZ, serial 403, being dismantled for transport. It was heavily damaged after veering off the runway at Goma, DRC in bad weather in January, and will almost certainly never fly again.
Definitely a write-off

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2020
Nigerian Air Force HQ
EID-EL-KABIR: CAS TASKS FRONTLINE TROOPS TO SUSTAIN ONSLAUGHT AGAINST ENEMIES OF THE NATION AS GOVERNOR MASARI COMMENDS NAF PERSONNEL FOR THEIR SACRIFICES

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has tasked Nigerian Air Force (NAF) personnel of the Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI not to relent in their efforts but to press on until acts of banditry, kidnapping and other forms of criminality are brought to an end. He charged the personnel to maintain control of the operational space and exploit every intelligence resource. “We must continue to remain focused by maintaining the highest level of vigilance and combat readiness that the NAF is known for in order to rid our communities of criminal elements”, he added. The CAS made this known today, 1 August 2020, during the luncheon organized by the NAF to celebrate the Eid-El-Kabir with frontline troops in Katsina. This is just as His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Katsina State, Right Honourable Aminu Bello Masari, who was the Guest of Honour at the luncheon, commended NAF personnel for their substantial sacrifices in the fight against armed banditry.

In his remarks, the CAS highlighted that the tradition of having lunch with frontline troops during festivities was borne out of the need to strengthen the bond of comradeship, foster espirit-de-corps and create a more relaxed atmosphere for troops to unwind whilst remaining geared up to face the tasks ahead. He noted that the luncheons also served as avenues to celebrate and appreciate the hard work, dedication, resilience and patriotism of the personnel as well as convey his support for the smooth and timely execution of their assigned missions. Air Marshal Abubakar, while remembering the sacrifices of all those who had paid the supreme price in service to the Nation, prayed that God would grant their families comfort, even as the NAF continues to acknowledge their efforts with gestures like the Group Life Insurance and other incentives. “For the serving gallant personnel that you are, we will continue to provide necessary tools to enhance your precise and effective prosecution of operations such as infrastructure, modern equipment, communication, vehicles, personal protective equipment and so on”, he added.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar, disclosed that the planned construction of an aircraft hangar for the NAF at the Umar Musa Yar’adua Airport Katsina, through direct labour, would soon commence. He noted that the emplacement of the hangar would add value to efforts at enhancing aircraft serviceability by providing shelter for the aircraft and maintenance personnel from the harsh weather conditions. The CAS equally revealed that some of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) being procured for the NAF would be stationed in Katsina and Gusau, to cover the North West, and Gombe for the North East. He stated that steps were also being taken to improve the development and employment of NAF Special Forces in order to keep them motivated to remain the excellent lethal force they had become.

The CAS commended the Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command (AOC SOC), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Charles Owho, the Air Component Commander Operation HADARIN DAJI, Commander 213 FOB, officers and airmen/airwomen in Katsina for their exemplary conduct, professionalism and commitment. He especially lauded the efforts of the NAF engineers and technicians in maintaining high level of aircraft serviceability despite disruptions to the aircraft spares logistics supply chain caused by flight restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. He also expressed his satisfaction with the performance of the Air Component in the recently concluded subsidiary Operation RUWAN WUTA, which, he said, achieved success in significantly degrading the capacity of the bandits and curtailing their ability to carry out attacks on innocent citizens thereby enabling friendly forces to conduct necessary operations successfully. The resultant effect of the over 1,300 hours of air operations conducted since January 2020, the CAS said, was the arresting of the deteriorating security situation in the North West Zone, particularly in Katsina State. Air Marshal Abubakar reminded the bandits that no forest would serve as safe havens for them, as the NAF would smoke them out to ensure innocent lives are protected. He therefore called on the bandits to lay down their arms and surrender to appropriate authorities or face the consequences.

The CAS expressed the gratitude of the Service to the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, for his untiring support which had enabled the NAF to more effectively execute its statutory roles. He equally thanked Governor Masari as well as the Emir of Katsina and the good people of Katsina State for their cooperation and support to the NAF, which he noted included the provision of land for the establishment of the NAF Bases in Katsina and Daura. He pledged the commitment of the Service to reciprocate by exhibiting the highest levels of professionalism in the conduct of all its operations.

In his remarks, Governor Masari, while appreciating the immense contributions of the NAF in addressing the security challenges facing Katsina State and the entire North West Zone, expressed delight that construction of the aircraft hangar, along with ancillary facilities, would soon commence. He equally lauded the steps being taken to acquire UAVs that would operate from Katsina, noting that this would undoubtedly add impetus to operations in the area. The Governor noted that the security challenges being experienced in the State were definitely surmountable with the right kind of support from the general public. He stressed that the people would need to provide credible information to the Armed Forces and other security agencies whilst denying same to the bandits. According to him, “the bandits are intertwined within the communities so sometimes it may be difficult for the NAF or the Army to distinguish them from the locals in order to conduct offensive operations devoid of collateral damage. The locals must stop giving support, information or safe havens to these criminals”.

Speaking further, Honourable Masari added that the State Government, on its part, had initiated action to amend extant laws with a view to enhancing the authority of village heads and local authorities to bring real governance and policing closer to the people. He said this would compliment ongoing efforts to emplace a robust community policing structure, whilst addressing the gross deficit in the number of police personnel available at local levels, which, he said, was in the range of an average of about 30 policemen to about 100 villages. He emphasized that if such actions were not taken, even if the bandits were wiped out by the military, another generation of criminal elements would quickly take their place in the absence of governance and adequate policing. Governor Masari ended his address by assuring that his Government would continue to support all operations of the NAF and sister Services in Katsina State to ensure the peace and security of the people of the State.

Other dignitaries in attendance at Katsina luncheon included the Deputy Governor of Katsina State, the Secretary to the Katsina State Government, Speaker of the State House of Assembly as well as other State Government officials and heads of security agencies in the State along with Branch Chiefs and Directors from Headquarters NAF and other senior military officers.

In keeping with the CAS’ tradition of spending festive periods with the NAF troops in the frontlines, similar luncheons were also held at 207 Quick Response Group (QRG) Gusau in Zamfara State, 21 Quick Response Wing (QRW) Agatu in Benue State, 22 QRW Lafia in Nasarawa States and 23 QRW Gembu in Taraba State yesterday, 31 July 2020. Similarly, the CAS, represented by the Chief of Policy and Plans, AVM Oladayo Amao, and the Chief Communication Information Systems, AVM Paul Dimfwina, also feted troops of the Air Task Force Operation LAFIYA DOLE in Maiduguri and Yola, respectively, while in Sokoto the AOC Tactical Air Command, AVM Olusegun Philip, stood in for the CAS as he celebrated the Sallah with troops of the 119 Composite Group Sokoto today, 1 August 2020.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
1 August 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

I think a movie with Papel that did Eagle's movie for NAF
yeah
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2020
LTGEN:

Can you elaborate
MI35
or
Mi17
sorry to break your heart Bro but humm it's none grin grin it was an old new one Moniker posted
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2020
From Toju200 post.

".....Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) being procured for the NAF would be stationed in Katsina and Gusau, to cover the North West, and Gombe for the North East. He stated that steps were also being taken to improve the development and employment of NAF Special Forces in order to keep them motivated to remain the excellent lethal force they had become....."

It seems we are getting more drones,can we end the debates over tucano now smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SerikinGamo: 11:22am On Aug 02, 2020
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2020
rka1:

It is difficult to trust Naija papers, but see below.

https://leadership.ng/2020/08/01/insurgency-cas-lauds-deployment-of-super-tucano-aircraft-to-naf-yola/
seems like it's true but not the one from US Beeagle military blog confirmed it's the three pre-owned once from Brazil cheesy
I can recall that deal went through but never saw the planes...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
dragon2:
From Toju200 post.

".....Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) being procured for the NAF would be stationed in Katsina and Gusau, to cover the North West, and Gombe for the North East. He stated that steps were also being taken to improve the development and employment of NAF Special Forces in order to keep them motivated to remain the excellent lethal force they had become....."

It seems we are getting more drones,can we end the debates over tucano now smiley smiley
Expectations November cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
SerikinGamo:
Can anyone confirm??
According to Beegeagle, it is probably the units from Brazil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.