Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028829 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
beylinko02:

At this point i have to comment on this thread though i had been an onlooker.
sometimes i wonder what motivate these bastards so much that they keep attacking damasak. As a matter of urgency, the military have to take the war to iSWAP OR DAMASAK willl fall
yes very true. take the war to iswap in gudzamala. and iswap terroist will stop

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
its a battle of Will.

beylinko02:

At this point i have to comment on this thread though i had been an onlooker.
sometimes i wonder what motivate these bastards so much that they keep attacking damasak. As a matter of urgency, the military have to take the war to iSWAP OR DAMASAK willl fall
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Are you sure this is today?
Yes, they want to celebrate Sallah in Damasak. They won't stop till they overrun that place. I seriously wonder why combat drones are not being deployed to the battlefield.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don tire for Damasak matter...when are tucanos coming abeg.??

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
In 2018, when village people decided to test microphone, some Russian mercenaries numbering close to 300 decided to attack a US military outpost housing about 40 US troops in Syria.

Did you know how many of these mercineries were killed? 200-300!!!

Did you know how many US military lost their lives? 0!!!

All thanks to close air support!!!

NAF can do much better than what they are doing right now!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Xbee007:
In 2018, when village people decided to test microphone, some Russian mercenaries numbering close to 300 decided to attack a US military outpost housing about 40 US troops in Syria.

Did you know how many of these mercineries were killed? 200-300!!!

Did you know how many US military lost their lives? 0!!!

All thanks to close air support!!!

NAF can do much better than what they are doing right now!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

Roughly 20 miles away, at a base known as a mission support site, a team of Green Berets and a platoon of infantry Marines stared at their computer screens, watching drone feeds and passing information to the Americans at the gas plant about the gathering fighters.

Intelligence on point...This is the what we lack.

Back at the mission support site, the Green Berets and Marines were preparing a small reaction force — roughly 16 troops in four mine-resistant vehicles — in case they were needed at the Conoco plant. They inspected their weapons and ensured the trucks were loaded with anti-tank missiles, thermal optics and food and water

See ooo...16 troops in Four mine resistant vehicles firing guns through thermal sighting and optics...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Ain’t these guys fasting?
grin Lmao

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
cutievik:

Roughly 20 miles away, at a base known as a mission support site, a team of Green Berets and a platoon of infantry Marines stared at their computer screens, watching drone feeds and passing information to the Americans at the gas plant about the gathering fighters.

Intelligence on point...This is the what we lack.

Back at the mission support site, the Green Berets and Marines were preparing a small reaction force — roughly 16 troops in four mine-resistant vehicles — in case they were needed at the Conoco plant. They inspected their weapons and ensured the trucks were loaded with anti-tank missiles, thermal optics and food and water

See ooo...16 troops in Four mine resistant vehicles firing guns through thermal sighting and optics...

Not 200 troops in dumpster with others hanging on the troops carrier.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
cutievik:
how low can these tucanos go without being hit by boko technicals at same time hitting them real hard

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
On a comic note

Ibn robin Al woodi cool

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
A little Digression.

SUEZ CANAL BLOCKAGE: EGYPT SEIZE MV EVER GIVEN, DEMAND $900 MILLION COMPENSATION https:///Qzx1Wr0ulU https:///ByjMfB4QYm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
lebuhsi:
On a comic note

Ibn robin Al woodi cool

Imagine seeing pictures of him today with bullet holes to his head killed by the Nigerian Army SF and the arrow clinging onto his hand.

We can be better....

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
cutievik:

Imagine seeing pictures of him today with bullet holes to his head killed by the Nigerian Army SF and the arrow clinging onto his hand.

We can be better....

picturesque grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Ever heard of a little something called artillery? It gives you a very long reach and let's you eat with the devil in safety.
Exactly why a Super Camp doesn't have long range arty, plus drones to adjust fire and ensure maximum precision is what I don't know. With artillery they could easily kill most attackers within a 50-70km radius from base and leave the rest so shell shocked they would be crying for their mommies.

Bravo! The first post here that combines questions about so-called super camps and artillery.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
Any update on Damasak?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Any update on Damasak?
Heard it has been repelled. They will still come back, most definitely.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2021
playing defense on home soil. all these repelling. must be tiring

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
Sizzorkay:
playing defense on home soil. all these repelling. must be tiring
One can only imagine the psychological toll. Thing is I'm tired of asking the same questions again and again.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Ever heard of a little something called artillery? It gives you a very long reach and let's you eat with the devil in safety.
Exactly why a Super Camp doesn't have long range arty, plus drones to adjust fire and ensure maximum precision is what I don't know. With artillery they could easily kill most attackers within a 50-70km radius from base and leave the rest so shell shocked they would be crying for their mommies.

This idea is not really applicable in asymmetric warfare. You'll only end up doing the work of the terrorists for them. The most common use of artillery in this kind of fight is to defend a base or attack an area infested with terrorists which has little or no civil populace and not to repel from a town. If you want to use artillery to repel terrorists attacking a town that has civil populace, you'll have to hit at the right time and the right place, Prescision only gives you the right place it doesn't provide the right time. You'll need UAVs and surveillance cameras working 24/7 to get the right time to strike.

What the army does mostly in recent time to repel is to call in air support if available.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
How about letting them break their will and force against Damasak to achieve little or nothing at all. If the military is very confident about being able to hold Damasak, they can keep on allowing ISWAP deploy their strength capabilities for the military to wreck so that subsequent offensive will be sort of less challenging. But only if they are sure they can hold the town because the terrorists will be learning everything they can from each of the attacks. Things air support response time, intensity of military resistance and so on. By now, they might have known the strongest part of the town and the weakest. They might have known the capability of the garrison unit and might be working on ways to counter it...... It will be wise if the military is thinking too. For the terrorists to have attacked three times within four days, then they have a base very close to the town from which they launch from. I doubt they've been coming from hundreds of kilometers each time they are attacking. Finding out where they are operating from and destroying it should be the duty of the airforce.
I expect that some of NAF's ISR aircrafts have capability to listen to phone conversations, that should be monitored around the town to know where the commanders are coordinating the attacks from and so on.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
Whyem15:
How about letting them break their will and force against Damasak to achieve little or nothing at all. If the military is very confident about being able to hold Damasak, they can keep on allowing ISWAP deploy their strength capabilities for the military to wreck so that subsequent offensive will be sort of less challenging. But only if they are sure they can hold the town because the terrorists will be learning everything they can from each of the attacks. Things air support response time, intensity of military resistance and so on. By now, they might have known the strongest part of the town and the weakest. They might have known the capability of the garrison unit and might be working on ways to counter it...... It will be wise if the military is thinking too. For the terrorists to have attacked three times within four days, then they have a base very close to the town from which they launch from. I doubt they've been coming from hundreds of kilometers each time they are attacking. Finding out where they are operating from and destroying it should be the duty of the airforce.
I expect that some of NAF's ISR aircrafts have capability to listen to phone conversations, that should be monitored around the town to know where the commanders are coordinating the attacks from and so on.
on point sir. i hope in the next few days their camp will be destroyed sir. from the look of this they are on a revenge mission. but the ammunition they loot from niger republic is still at work
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
cutievik:
What about the JF-17 Dem never start to use am or Dem dey wait for Buhari to commission am undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
youghs:

This idea is not really applicable in asymmetric warfare. You'll only end up doing the work of the terrorists for them. The most common use of artillery in this kind of fight is to defend a base or attack an area infested with terrorists which has little or no civil populace and not to repel from a town. If you want to use artillery to repel terrorists attacking a town that has civil populace, you'll have to hit at the right time and the right place, Prescision only gives you the right place it doesn't provide the right time. You'll need UAVs and surveillance cameras working 24/7 to get the right time to strike.

What the army does mostly in recent time to repel is to call in air support if available.

Yeah, except that anytime these terrorists strike most or all of the population runs away. So what civil population are you talking about?

Also, if I remember correctly the Air Force was bombing them at that time. How come it can fling dumb bombs at them blood suckers, but precision arty strikes are forbidden?

Read what I said again please. I said with plenty of long range arty any Super Camp can easily make it prohibitively expensive for terrorists to be within 50-70km of them. Arty shouldn't be used only when ISWAP are swarming all over a town, but also to harass and degrade their fighting capability at range, and all without putting a single trooper in danger.

As for your comment on reconnaissance UAVs, I agree that we need hundreds of them and at the speed of light.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
on point sir. i hope in the next few days their camp will be destroyed sir. from the look of this they are on a revenge mission. but the ammunition they loot from niger republic is still at work
Airforce need to up their game O! ISWAP will attack for 3 hours and retreat, the same routine always.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2021

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
tutudesz:

Airforce need to up their game O! ISWAP will attack for 3 hours and retreat, the same routine always.
do ISWAP also have an air force.

The NA should wake up from it's slumber .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
giles14:
do ISWAP also have an air force.

The NA should wake up from it's slumber .

By now I expect planes to be landing in Maiduguri from Russian with restocking armament for the Airforce and Army to be used in bombing runs in Damasak and Guzamala...

The airforce should be running low on armament now and this government would rather go to Abuja to share money every month than make emergency arms stocking.. I would suggest a.....this people no dey hear word sef..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
What's the status of our Chinese drones? after watching that Damasak invasion and the confidence at which the terrorists were ransacking the town, I couldn't help but start having a second thought on the issue of fifth columnists/shadows parties & profiteers in this conflict. Clearly it is job of the Air force to finish off these guys, I heard they operated for over 4hrs for Godsake and no intervention wetin dey happen abeg?
If we even take delivery of the drones & Tucanoes how are we sure it's going to be put to good use? Above all didn't the army get any intel concerning an invasion? to say the least, this is utterly embarrassing. We really need to change and upgrade our fighting doctrine if at all we have any because the way I even see it it's like our soldiers are even tired of the whole thing that they just concede some areas to the terrorists(make them sef see small peace).
Few weeks ago I saw a convoy of about 4 Hilux vehicle of immigration personnel fully armed and kitted to the teeth, if not for their skin colour one would have mistaken them for US special forces the least of them was armed with a Tavor. These guys came to pursue petty traders hawking pure water, Kuli Kuli, Aya, Gurasa, sweet etc away from the roads within the market. It was a disappointing sight to behold, I kept on wondering that so we have these agile, scary and well armed and we'll kitted detachment of immigration officers and we are still battling to put enough boots on ground in the north east and many border towns, that even the service Chiefs are thinking of calling back retired servicemen.
Just like Chinua Achebe said "being a Nigerian is
abysmally frustrating and unbelievably exciting".

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
ugo4u:
What's the status of our Chinese drones? after watching that Damasak invasion and the confidence at which the terrorists were ransacking the town, I couldn't help but start having a second thought on the issue of fifth columnists/shadows parties & profiteers in this conflict. Clearly it is job of the Air force to finish off these guys, I heard they operated for over 4hrs for Godsake and no intervention wetin dey happen abeg?
If we even take delivery of the drones & Tucanoes how are we sure it's going to be put to good use? Above all didn't the army get any intel concerning an invasion? to say the least, this is utterly embarrassing. We really need to change and upgrade our fighting doctrine if at all we have any because the way I even see it it's like our soldiers are even tired of the whole thing that they just concede some areas to the terrorists(make them sef see small peace).
Few weeks ago I saw a convoy of about 4 Hilux vehicle of immigration personnel fully armed and kitted to the teeth, if not for their skin colour one would have mistaken them for US special forces the least of them was armed with a Tavor. These guys came to pursue petty traders hawking pure water, Kuli Kuli, Aya, Gurasa, sweet etc away from the roads within the market. It was a disappointing sight to behold, I kept on wondering that so we have these agile, scary and well armed and we'll kitted detachment of immigration officers and we are still battling to put enough boots on ground in the north east and many border towns, that even the service Chiefs are thinking of calling back retired servicemen.
Just like Chinua Achebe said "being a Nigerian is
abysmally frustrating and unbelievably exciting.
The reaction time of the Airforce is too slow, that why ISWAP have the confidence to carry such attack for hours unchallenged and leave when they feel like.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nigeria matter nah the more you look the less you understand...!! Nah to kuku dey look and wait for the next mind boggling news from the front...!! Fact is people are eating fat off this war and don't want it to stop hence the NEPA approach...bring and take and we keep going in circle and cos of our population we've got lots of blood to sacrifice without people feeling the impact of the life lost...!!

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
I really felt for this people .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2021
ISWAP Raids Damasak for the 3rd Time in 30-Days, Kills 8 Staff Members of "Crusader Organizations" https:///2FwkwSHe7k https:///EdRJEcp3Xr
Who are the crusader organization. Are they NGO or a religion group .

(1) (2) (3) ... (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.