Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,521 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3035395 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

You forgot that our artillery Corp have highly inaccurate gunners and plotters
Has there been anything that you agree that they are good at

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:26am On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

You forgot that our artillery Corp have highly inaccurate gunners and plotters
And you know this how

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

U. S military doctrine implies the use of CAS to reduce resistance and most importantly reduce casualty on their side. U. S can overrun that gudzamala without airsupport
Without Air, Armour and Artillery support, the USA won't overrun Gudzmala, so far ISWAP is able to secure their supply route. But with Armour and Artillery, it will be in favour of the Americans. But infantry to infantry, the Americans will never overrun Gudzmala.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:10am On Apr 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Without Air, Armour and Artillery support, the USA won't overrun Gudzmala, so far Boko haram is able to secure their supply route. But with Armour and Artillery, it will be in favour of the Americans. But infantry to infantry, the Americans will never overrun Gudzmala.

Overrunning Gudzamala is not the problem of Nigerian Army. The right question is at what cost? Will it worth it? We can always get better systems to minimize the lost on our side.

The US military still haven't defeated the Talibans almost 20 years after. I laughed when some was saying US is not fighting on their home soil. It was a very stupiid statement because the US can move more that 10 times the hardware of most nations to their doorstep without any issue.

A single us aircraft Carrier will carry almost 100 fighter aircraft to any nation in the world and they have 10 of such carriers which translate to ~1000 fighter aircraft can be deployed on aircraft carriers alone. How many countries have that on their home soil? Let's not even talk about other Naval Assets or even the US Marine or the US Airforce. They all have capability of projecting force anywhere on earth with almost 700 bases around the world.

The entire Nigerian Airforce attack aircraft are less than 100 (both good and bad, recent and old). So just just imagine that 1 aircraft carrier can bring aircraft more advanced and even in more numbers than what is available in entire Nigerian Airforce and someone would claim is because the are not on home soil. Very stupiid excuse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2021
cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
cool
Knack us the latest bro cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

We are tired of this consolation quotes Brother.

Our Military should do the right thing please cool

If you have a brother in the military right now will you send him to Gudzamala? It's about minimizing casualties not that it can't be done.

Am sure we would here good news before this year runs out.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2021
iblawi:

Overrunning Gudzamala is not the problem of Nigerian Army. The right question is at what cost? Will it worth it? We can always get better systems to minimize the lost on our side.

The US military still haven't defeated the Talibans almost 20 years after. I laughed when some was saying US is not fighting on their home soil. It was a very stupiid statement because the US can move more that 10 times the hardware of most nations to their doorstep without any issue.

A single us aircraft Carrier will carry almost 100 fighter aircraft to any nation in the world and they have 10 of such carriers which translate to ~1000 fighter aircraft can be deployed on aircraft carriers alone. How many countries have that on their home soil? Let's not even talk about other Naval Assets or even the US Marine or the US Airforce. They all have capability of projecting force anywhere on earth with almost 700 bases around the world.

The entire Nigerian Airforce attack aircraft are less than 100 (both good and bad, recent and old). So just just imagine that 1 aircraft carrier can bring aircraft more advanced and even in more numbers than what is available in entire Nigerian Airforce and someone would claim is because the are not on home soil. Very stupiid excuse.
Some of you don't have to insult before driving your points home
The largest US carrier can take 80 planes and you are saying 'almost 100'...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Knack us the latest bro cool

Nothing much brother just serious tension for us all here in Deep Borno field. I Dey sleep with my jean, canvas and small bag pack to be ready to run to Amchide for Cameroon or Maiduguri.

Our only consolation be say Na JAS Dey here on not ISWAP that is why we never evacuate to Maiduguri like my other paddies in Damasak, Monguno and Ngala wey don move to Maiduguri.

It’s well shaaaaa we all pray for better days.

I noticed Cameroon Soldiers have left here. Abi operation don finish?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:39am On Apr 16, 2021
arantess:

Some of you don't have to insult before driving your points home
The largest US carrier can take 80 planes and you are saying 'almost 100'...

I didn't insult anyone.

Is 80 almost 100?

Is ~1000 same as 1000?

Don't blame me for your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Rumour has it that Chadians are coming back. Tho I doubt this.

Tho I’m suspecting one popular dreaded Major here in Borno. Major Manga cool
Reminds me of Lt.Col abu ali...sha they should not sabotage him ooooo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2021
iblawi:

I didn't insult anyone.

Is 80 almost 100?

Is ~1000 same as 1000?

Don't blame me for your ignorance.
Absolute numbers sir...
It's 80 aircrafts not 80 and half or almost 100
You don't have to be a bitter person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2021
iblawi:

If you have a brother in the military right now will you send him to Gudzamala? It's about minimizing casualties not that it can't be done.

Am sure we would here good news before this year runs out.

Stop insulting when replying a post here. We are all matured peeps here. If I have a brother in the army I’ll understand he has to fight the enemies of Nigeria wherever they are.

The low morale amongst NCOs is also a problem.
We have too many Ajebo military officers now in Nigeria.
Corruption too is aiding this war.

Even when the bastards come out to attack in broad daylight they do whatever they want and return safely.

Oga this war get as e be

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2021
arantess:

Absolute numbers sir...
It's 80 aircrafts not 80 and half or almost 100
You don't have to be a bitter person

The same person claiming I was insulting someone he can't mention?

Sorry if I hurt you that much.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2021
arantess:

Reminds me of Lt.Col abu ali...sha they should not sabotage him ooooo

Yeaaa that Major is feared here. Tho I don’t know if he is drives an MBT like Lt Col Abu Ali
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2021
iblawi:

The same person claiming I was insulting someone he can't mention?

Sorry if I hurt you that much.
Lol,guy
Have a nice day abeg joor
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:58am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Stop insulting when replying a post here. We are all matured peeps here. If I have a brother in the army I’ll understand he has to fight the enemies of Nigeria wherever they are.

Even when the bastards come out to attack in broad daylight they do whatever they want and return safely.

Oga this war get as e be

I've been read my post over and over again. I am sure I didn't insult anyone. I only said someone gave a stupid Excuse and you guys are claiming I insulted someone.

Even DubaiLandLord I qouted knows he didn't make any statement like that. So I just can't relate the insult to anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2021
I'm sorry if I insulted anyone please.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Yeaaa that Major is feared here. Tho I don’t know if he is drives an MBT like Lt Col Abu Ali

Manga is a Lt Col, so I doubt if he's the one they're talking about.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Oga this war get as e be
Those Ajebo Officers are known has Political Office and they lead from the back.
Lack of Air support is the major reason ISWAP can carry out such attack, the army job is to defend and push them back and while the airforce is to make sure non of them escape.
But they keep escaping and regrouping for another attack every time.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Nothing much brother just serious tension for us all here in Deep Borno field. I Dey sleep with my jean, canvas and small bag pack to be ready to run to Amchide for Cameroon or Maiduguri.

Our only consolation be say Na JAS Dey here on not ISWAP that is why we never evacuate to Maiduguri like my other paddies in Damasak, Monguno and Ngala wey don move to Maiduguri.

It’s well shaaaaa we all pray for better days.

I noticed Cameroon Soldiers have left here. Abi operation don finish?
Nah wah o. Some people dey talk for here as if ISWAP and Boko haram are not controling territories in the North East. May the God you serve keep protecting you.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2021
tutudesz:

Those Ajebo Officers are known has Political Office and they lead from the back
shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2021
tutudesz:

Those Ajebo Officers are known has Political Office and they lead from the back.
Lack of Air support is the major reason ISWAP can carry out such attack, the army job is to defend and push them back and while the airforce is to make sure non of them escape.
But they keep escaping and regrouping for another attack every time.

Sincerely I don’t know what to say again regarding this. Are our jets not carrying enough bombs in its Arsenal or they are scared of flying low.

I see no reason why ISWAP will attack with maybe 200 foot soldiers and we don’t decimate at least 100 of them. Moving around in Damasak for over four hours in broad daylight haba

Or the Army on ground do not have proper communication with the pilots for coordinates. I’m just confused about this.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaddyGoo: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2021
cutievik:
Guys, one soilder and a military analyst on twitter just posted this...What could he be implying?

He's Excellency, the governor? Chadians? COAS?
What's your guess? grin

The CDS is on ground.

As an ex commander of both MNJTF and Lafia Dole, I imagine the war is personal to him.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Sincerely I don’t know what to say again regarding this. Are our jets not carrying enough bombs in its Arsenal or they are scared of flying low.

I see no reason why ISWAP will attack with maybe 200 foot soldiers and we don’t decimate at least 100 of them. Moving around in Damasak for over four hours in broad daylight haba

Or the Army on ground do not have proper communication with the pilots for coordinates. I’m just confused about this.
While the the Senate president, Speaker house of Reps and their deputies have good communication equipment to protect them undecided Government spending on the Military is an insult, you budget billions for national assembly renovation and while soldiers are managing undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

it's a bit confusing but I think we actually need the right Platform for CAS best will be the wing long 2.
If you look at it first of all anytime there's an attack in damasak NAF responds that one Good thing, Secondly I'm pretty sure there are civies in Damasak and to avoid civil casualties you don't start unleashing mayhem from the air, thirdly the alpha Jets or L39 actually fly too fast to provide CAS they're actually going to make several passes to get their targets hit accurately,As we all know A mi35m crashed while Providing CAS for troops in this same Damasak so any wrong Move by Our Gunship pilots might cost them they have to be careful in doing everything,now with the current UCAVs we have which is the CH-3A they don't carry enough Missiles only two if I'm not mistaking so it's only going to be effective if they are clustering.
But with the Wing loong flying at an incredible height with enough fire power I can assure u no Guntrucks will return back grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 11:44am On Apr 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2021
Up to 65,000 people in northeastern Nigeria are on the run after an attack by armed groups on Wednesday in which 8 people were killed and at least a dozen injured, the U.N. refugee agency said on Friday.

"Following the latest attack on Wednesday 14 April, the third in just seven days, up to 80 per cent of the town’s population —which includes the local community and internally

displaced people— were forced to flee," Babar Baloch of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), told a Geneva briefing.

Local officials and a resident said on Wednesday that suspected Islamists attacked the northeast Nigerian border town of Damasak, killing at least eight people and causing hundreds to flee to neighbouring Niger.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/up-65000-people-run-northeast-nigeria-after-attack-un-2021-04-16/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 16, 2021
tutudesz:

While the the Senate president, Speaker house of Reps and their deputies have good communication equipment to protect them undecided Government spending on the Military is an insult, you budget billions for national assembly renovation and while soldiers are managing undecided
billions of dollars have been spent on the military from 2010 to 2020.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
billions of dollars have been spent on the military from 2010 to 2020.
That include recurrent and capital expenditures on the armed forces, including peacekeeping forces; defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
We have terrorist sympathyser serving under GMB eg ISA patanmi. Even GMB have a soft spot for all this Islamic terrorist groups and Armed Fulani heardsmen.

I don't see the insecurity situation in the NE ending anytime soon.

I've always talked about a simple solution to all this. I hope a southerner will look into the way this country is structured. A lot of mallams in the North have a soft sport for most of this terrorist groups. If nah confederation, whereby every geopolitical region go dey control them territory but their will be free movement to an extent and we will be spending the same currency.

So if mallams want the whole North East and North West to be governed through Sharia law, they are free to practice such things and do as dem like for their geopolitical regions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by motymop: 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
I just want to give a clue of how militants, boko haram, ipob and the rest get info, it is just my opinion.

So recruitment in the Nigeria military is based on quota system for equal participation of everyone in Nigeria.

Imagine, i am from borno and as a military officer, i hear that they will attack some people in Borno, if they are my tribe and i have access to the info, i quickly tell my village head to be alert, he then rally the people to be prepared, with that alone, information have been leaked.

I believe all leak in the military as to do with tribal and religion loyalty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.