Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3022513 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
IF THE NIGERIA NAVY WILL WANT TO BUY A FRIGATE, HOW MANY WILL YOU WANT THEM TO BUY, AND FROM WHICH COUNTRY.
I will prefer 3 of german origin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

No nuclear bombs on delivery? sad

Why are you people like this

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanctity454:

I will prefer 3 of german origin

I will also prefer 3, but of Chinese origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
kabe1:

I will also prefer 3, but of Chinese origin.
Why chinese origin?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanctity454:

Why chinese origin?

The Nigerian Navy already has Chinese corvettes, so familiarity of system and ship.

Line of credit and financing would be much easier from China than Germany.

Much lower political considerations when buying a military equipment from China than Germany.

Pakistan Navy’s Type 054A/P frigates, ordered from China will come equipped with an SR2410C phased radar and 32-cell Vertical Launching System (VLS) able to launch the YJ-12 anti-ship cruise missiles.

Other armaments include eight C-803 anti-ship / land-attack cruise missiles, one PJ26 76 mm dual-purpose naval gun, two Type 730, 7-barrel 30 mm CIWS guns or Type 1130, six 324mm Yu-7 ASW torpedo launchers, two Type 87 240mm anti-submarine rocket launcher (36 rockets carried) and two Type 726-4 18-tube decoy rocket launchers.

The Type 054A/P frigates are powered by four Shaanxi 16 PA6 STC diesel engines, each developing 5700 kW. The ships have a crew of 165 each and can reach a top speed of 27 knots with an estimated cruising range of 8,025 nautical miles (14,862 km).

We can get a much more powerful ship from China at a lower price.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
sanctity454:

Why chinese origin?

Also, China has no time to start "DEMOCRATIZING COUNTRIES VIA SANCTIONS".

We can get ships free of the sanctions threats that accompany western countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
NafeesaAA:

Why are you people like this

You obviously didn't get the joke.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Suspected Fulani herdsmen militias have invaded Mbakyondu, in Gwer-West Local Government Area of Benue State, killing no fewer that 11 persons, while others were left injured.

DAILY POST gathered that the incident occurred at about 4:am on Friday night when the residents were fast asleep.

A media aide to the LG Chairman, Mr. Udam Samuel said recovered bodies of the deceased have been deposited in a morgue at Naka, the LG headquarters.

According to him, security agencies have been deployed to the affected area to ensure that normalcy returns to the place.

He said: “Security agencies swang into action as directed by the executive chairman Gwer-West LGC, Hon Mrs Grace Igbabon.”

Mr Udam, a native of the village also said some members of the community were still missing as bodies were still being recovered.

When contacted by DAILY POST correspondent, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Anene Sewuese Catherine confirmed the incident.

In a text message she forwarded to DAILY POST on Saturday morning, the PPRO noted that a team of officers have been deployed to the area against further attack.

“A team of Police officers have been deployed to the area to forestall further breakdown of law and order. Further information will be communicated to you please”, the PPRO added.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/17/again-suspected-herdsmen-invade-benue-community-kill-11-residents-injure-scores/?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nigerian Policeman caught on camera requesting bribe from a Spanish man currently on world tour with his bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRVBXtM0syU

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
I honestly felt like strapping a few C4's on those cops and trigger it.
I mean, c'mon, what the actual fvk? If i were that guy i'd be nervous, these motherfvkers would kill for money. This is too sad. I hope he's jailed, then use his story as part of the training in whatever academy these A-holes graduate from.
Cops that can't even turn on a computer lol, are they the ones who would know how to read a fvking map.
So disappointing . Some blatant sh!t right there.
This is why i keep saying the media have a very powerful role to play here, imagine most media outlets in Nigeria broadcasting this for a few days, in every segment. I'm sure those in the higher ups will take notice and actually respond to it. You have to shame these bastards continuously

DubaiLandLord:
Nigerian Policeman caught on camera requesting bribe from a Spanish man currently on world tour with his bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRVBXtM0syU

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
IF THE NIGERIA NAVY WILL WANT TO BUY A FRIGATE, HOW MANY WILL YOU WANT THEM TO BUY, AND FROM WHICH COUNTRY.

I actually prefer 2 frigate and 4 corvette (our OPVs also type 056) from China and 2 frigate from Germany.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
kabe1:

You are @Frumentius, the SA soldier who served/serves in DRC.

There is no doubt about that.

There was no need changing your moniker.

Nah not frum

Frum would never get 'pilloried' grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Kalapizim:
this one

Beretta Mx4

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 12:23am On Apr 18, 2021
bidexiii:
#foxhole

#skullmask
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 18, 2021
Boko Haram Insurgents Burn Army Base In Yobe, Kill Three Soldiers, 171 Others Missing
The terrorists were aided by local informants and sympathisers before attacking the military base.

Boko Haram insurgents have launched a major attack on the base of the special forces of the 27 Task Force Brigade, located in Ngomari in Buni Yadi and Kumuya in the Buni Gari area of Yobe State, killing three soldiers while about 171 others reportedly fled the base or are missing in action.

Military sources told SaharaReporters that the insurgents destroyed heavy military equipment and shared photographs of gun trucks razed by the insurgents.

“The terrorists attacked us on Friday morning. They attacked the military base and burnt it down. Three soldiers were killed, one injured, while about 171 are missing. The base is deserted but we have called in for reinforcements,” a military source said.

“One Camel MRAP was burnt, one 105MMPH Artillery gun burnt, one Conqueror and one T72 tank were also burnt. The terrorists also set the camp ablaze,” another source revealed.

SaharaReporters learnt that the terrorists were aided by local informants and sympathisers before attacking the military base.

During the attack, the terrorists used heavy weapons in destroying military equipment and patrolled the community to prevent the reinforcement of soldiers.

It was learnt that the insurgents withdrew when reinforcements from the Nigerian troops came to the base.

The Nigerian troops have presently also restricted movement along Damaturu-Damboa-Biu Road following the attacks by the insurgents.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/17/boko-haram-insurgents-burn-army-base-yobe-kill-three-soldiers-171-others-missing

You can click on the link to see pic. I hardly see this terrorists sharing an old pic.

Hmm.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:48am On Apr 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Boko Haram Insurgents Burn Army Base In Yobe, Kill Three Soldiers, 171 Others Missing
The terrorists were aided by local informants and sympathisers before attacking the military base.

Boko Haram insurgents have launched a major attack on the base of the special forces of the 27 Task Force Brigade, located in Ngomari in Buni Yadi and Kumuya in the Buni Gari area of Yobe State, killing three soldiers while about 171 others reportedly fled the base or are missing in action.

Military sources told SaharaReporters that the insurgents destroyed heavy military equipment and shared photographs of gun trucks razed by the insurgents.

“The terrorists attacked us on Friday morning. They attacked the military base and burnt it down. Three soldiers were killed, one injured, while about 171 are missing. The base is deserted but we have called in for reinforcements,” a military source said.

“One Camel MRAP was burnt, one 105MMPH Artillery gun burnt, one Conqueror and one T72 tank were also burnt. The terrorists also set the camp ablaze,” another source revealed.

SaharaReporters learnt that the terrorists were aided by local informants and sympathisers before attacking the military base.

During the attack, the terrorists used heavy weapons in destroying military equipment and patrolled the community to prevent the reinforcement of soldiers.

It was learnt that the insurgents withdrew when reinforcements from the Nigerian troops came to the base.

The Nigerian troops have presently also restricted movement along Damaturu-Damboa-Biu Road following the attacks by the insurgents.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/17/boko-haram-insurgents-burn-army-base-yobe-kill-three-soldiers-171-others-missing

You can click on the link to see pic. I hardly see this terrorists sharing an old pic.

Hmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 5:56am On Apr 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Hmm.
the attack was true, but sahara reporter can lie a lot. the solider in the base are not 171 that sahara reporter claimed but only 56 solider this is an outpost not a battalion. the military men withdraw a lot of ammunition from the base while withdrawing. the t72 mbt that sahra clam destroyer was not destroyer because it refuse to burn. according to what i head the mbt was not working , the bigfroot mrap was not working . the howitzer is still serviceable and to much destroyer.. but the effect of local informant spying on military movement and base is too much. let the nigeria army do something about that.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2021
NA VT-4 MBT

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
the attack was true, but sahara reporter can lie a lot. the solider in the base are not 171 that sahara reporter claimed but only 56 solider this is an outpost not a battalion. the military men withdraw a lot of ammunition from the base while withdrawing. the t72 mbt that sahra clam destroyer was not destroyer because it refuse to burn. according to what i head the mbt was not working , the bigfroot mrap was not working . the howitzer is still serviceable and to much destroyer.. but the effect of local informant spying on military movement and base is too much. let the nigeria army do something about that.

So we had a T72 and Big Foot MRAP in a location that’s not working or the Military are trying to cover up such loss?

What’s the meaning of not working? Are they implying that the vehicles can’t fire or they can’t move? Are they saying we had immovable vehicles in a military outpost?

Don’t you think someone needs to get sacked for this if this is true?

Well I can’t believe a military outpost had T72, Big foot MRAP, APC. A big Artillery that were not working. That means they were used as perimeter fencing for the outpost.

Can we know the number of these vehicles not working across our military outposts or super camps and get them serviced?

Well the Military never came out to say they were not working. It was just a patriotic Nigerian that made that comment on Twitter.

May God bless our Great Country Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
I can't recall the particular moniker who said most of our armored vehicles no dey work.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 18, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

So we had a T72 and Big Foot MRAP in a location that’s not working or the Military are trying to cover up such loss?

What’s the meaning of not working? Are they implying that the vehicles can’t fire or they can’t move? Are they saying we had immovable vehicles in a military outpost?

Don’t you think someone needs to get sacked for this if this is true?

Well I can’t believe a military outpost had T72, Big foot MRAP, APC. A big Artillery that were not working. That means they were used as perimeter fencing for the outpost.

Well the Military never came out to say they were not working. It was just a patriotic Nigerian that made that comment on Twitter.

May God bless our Great Country Nigeria.
I don't believe is a military outpost too. Someone on this thread talked about most of our armored not working few days ago. It seems the person is right afterall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2021
This tank might not be working at all like that o grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2021
Following attacks on some of its assets and staff by Boko Haram insurgents, the United Nations has suspended humanitarian operations in Dikwa and Damasak both in Borno State, North-East Nigeria.

UN Resident Humanitarian Coordinator In Nigeria, Edward Kallon, made this known in a statement on Saturday, titled, ‘Statement On Un Operations In North-East Nigeria’.

Kallon said, “I am deeply concerned about the recent attacks on humanitarian operations in Dikwa and Damasak, affecting humanitarian assets and personnel.

Zulum visits reclaimed Damasak, lawmaker says 20 killed
“We have temporarily suspended operations in these areas in order to safely relocate humanitarian staff and are closely monitoring the situation.

“We intend to resume operations as soon as possible, so that civilians affected by the conflict continue to receive the assistance they need.

“I condemn in the strongest terms attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructure which may constitute violations on International Humanitarian Law.”

https://punchng.com/un-suspends-operations-in-dikwa-damasak-after-boko-haram-attacks/

If the Nigerian military is truly winning this war, them we no suppose dey hear of news like this.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:58am On Apr 18, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

What’s the meaning of not working? Are they implying that the vehicles can’t fire or they can’t move? Are they saying we had immovable vehicles
according to intel with me.the t 72 is not working,they is no single ammunition for the t72.intel review that the tank and bigroot where ment to be taking for maintance early this month or next after the cas order all military vehicle not working should be towed to dicon for maintance. the artiliary guy was shot dead whilie releasing round. the vehicle were not moveable. but it gun can be use.but if they aim at your mrap vehicle with rpg you are gone. but it is a sign of weakness on iswap why can them attack a meaningful battaion them attacking a outpost with less them 50 army. sorry for cutting your quote my phone is down so i have to use my smaller phone,which allow small content

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:20am On Apr 18, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
according to intel with me.the t 72 is not working,they is no single ammunition for the t72.intel review that the tank and bigroot where ment to be taking for maintance early this month or next after the cas order all military vehicle not working should be towed to dicon for maintance. the artiliary guy was shot dead whilie releasing round. the vehicle were not moveable. but it gun can be use.but if they aim at your mrap vehicle with rpg you are gone. but it is a sign of weakness on iswap why can them attack a meaningful battaion them attacking a outpost with less them 50 army. sorry for cutting your quote my phone is down so i have to use my smaller phone,which allow small content

Did you actually post this? I don’t believe an outpost of 50 soldiers will have all those weaponry. Remember they are immovable meaning the soldiers don’t return to their Brigade/Battalion/Supercamp daily.

We can’t choose where ISWAP should attack, it’s the duty of our security forces to search for them and decimate them cool

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:31am On Apr 18, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Did you actually post this? I don’t believe an outpost of 50 soldiers will have all those weaponry. Remember they are immovable meaning the soldiers don’t return to their Brigade/Battalion/Supercamp daily.

We can’t choose where ISWAP should attack, it’s the duty of our security forces to search for them and decimate them cool
it is confirmed it is an outpost. But the military should work on there vehicle. The military should have spy in the community.i had an offensive begin yesterday which involued sf of 123 battalion.the informat adul-salifu was shot dead and some with gun wound.the military believe that iswap have only one escape route which has been block.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 8:34am On Apr 18, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
it is confirmed it is an outpost. But the military should work on there vehicle. The military should have spy in the community.i had an offensive begin yesterday which involued sf of 123 battalion.the informat adul-salifu was shot dead and some with gun wound.the military believe that iswap have only one escape route which has been block.

Mr nuclear bomb

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Krak(m): 8:40am On Apr 18, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

That statement sounds sycophantic. A group of at least 50 soldiers were attacked and decimated by a so-called rag tag group and you say it is a sign of weakness. I just tire for that kind of brazen and shameless statement.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2021
I said we lacked battle field coordination, some unserviceable equipment, e. t. c. If i was COAS right now, i won't bother capturing anywhere. I would try to hold our territory until more equipments arrive,because what is the point of capturing anywhere when you won't be able to defend it. Its not about capturing a place, its about defending the place from counter attacks after captured. We can't even repel sufficiently from attacks on territories presently under our control. We got high indiscipline within our NCOs. There is saying "there are no bad soldiers, but there are bad officers". If we have high indiscipline, where are our highly trained and capable officers that are supposed to instill discipline on those troops. We have alot of unexperienced NCOs. Alot of NCOs whom are supposed to be experienced are suffering from PTSD, lack of interest in the war and some are going AWOL!! Its bad.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaddyGoo: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2021
SamuelAnyawu, I have come to appreciate and respect you on this thread for your contributions.

Long may they continue.

On that note, I feel you should consider pulling out of the deep field, and maybe the entire zone, albeit temporarily, if you haven't already.

All those radios you posted the other day na your men wey don japa leave you as Captain of the threatened ship, correct?

Even the UN has left.

The same one life they all have is what you have nwanne.

If you're a soldier, different case.

But na humanitarian you be.

At least you get men wey don enter dem BH/ISWAP/JAS hand, so I shouldn't be the one to educate you how it goes.

Na spirit lead me to tell you this thing this morning.

Abeg consider am.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:19am On Apr 18, 2021
DaddyGoo:
SamuelAnyawu, I have come to appreciate and respect you on this thread for your contributions.

Long may they continue.

On that note, I feel you should consider pulling out of the deep field, and maybe the entire zone, albeit temporarily, if you haven't already.

All those radios you posted the other day na your men wey don japa leave you as Captain of the threatened ship, correct?

Even the UN has left.

The same one life they all have is what you have nwanne.

If you're a soldier, different case.

But na humanitarian you be.

At least you get men wey don enter dem BH/ISWAP/JAS hand, so I shouldn't be the one to educate you how it goes.

Na spirit lead me to tell you this thing this morning.

Abeg consider am.

Sincerely bro I so appreciate.

I’ve started working on my relocation to the South soonest. God’s grace on us all.

Sincerely I can’t sleep again after what happened in Dikwa as my close guys remain unaccounted.

Well Soon

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
Maintenance for military vehicles is required very often. It is very costly and very difficult especially when those who ordered it got little to no spares(learnt they now order reasonable quantities of spares during procurement). The airforce and Navy have been largely lucky because they have fewer platforms. This is part of the reason why the army should be the bigg portion of capital expenditures in every budget(at least for now). I said it earlier and will say it again, the Nigerian army has hundreds of fighting vehicles and associated weapons in various armory across the country but most are unserviceable and there is little remedy for some because the companies they are no longer in operation. Take the amphibious corps for example. The early presidents of the fourth republic almost killed the military and the result is what we have today.

It should be noted that the people who got the T-72s without spares also got the BTR-4 that the army had to eventually weld HMGs on top because they didn't buy the required ammunitions for it.

Maybe the army needs a man like S.B Abubakar that will focus on maintenance for some years.
If a quarter of NA's armored vehicles had been deployed to fight insurgency(with good coordination and strategy) the war would have been won since 2014/15 when the government first became slightly serious about the war.

In the end, it all comes down to lack of seriousness in Abuja. The stakeholders do not see a big deal with the situation of things. They are not affected so to them Nigeria is fine.

Mind you, the Bigfoot has really tried in the Northeast. It should be the standard MRAP for the army. That thing is crazily rugged.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: LeeMason(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.