Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3014258 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I wish. Dude was infinitely more articulate than I.

Stop hiding behind a veil. Your contributions are and always have been invaluable.

I agree with a number of assessments of the Nigerian military, most people including myself are stuck in the golden ages of the 80's and 90's of the Nigerian army especially.

Fact is the army is a shadow of it's self.

A number of security watchers on twitter now masturbate on a speech of the COAS and not actual security improvements on the ground.

That's where we are right now.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

What about india or britain or France or Portugal that don't have that number of aircraft carriers. Truth is, we don't wanna win this war yet.

Actually, no country comes close to US when it comes to force projection ( not even Russia or China) but the countries you mentioned have capacity to do something close. Their aircraft carriers carry far less aircraft (except royal navy 65+ aircrafts). Again no other country have more than 2 aircraft carriers. The US Navy also have over 20 assault ships comparable to aircraft carriers of other nations.

France and several european countries are also in Mali fighting terrorist and I don't think they are doing better than Nigerian military.

They have fighter jets and and helicopters for CAS but things don't really look good over there too.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
Damasak Victory: Fleeing ISWAP FIGHTERs sighted burying killed members at Dabar Wanzam following the foiled attempt to take over Damasak. Internal sources reported that Mungzur Mousa Buduma died in the process due to gun shot wounds.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Have you thought about what we are taught at[b] artillery school kontagora[/b]? [b]Our problem in that corp [/b]is that we are not changing doctrine. Apart from that,[b] we got overzealous officers [/b]who are orthodox to the extreme to the extent that they don't improvise and apply personal knowledge in the battlefield. They feel what is taught at school is exactly what they will face in the battlefield. Also artillery corp and infantry Corp lack battlefield coordination. This is where signal Corp comes to play. Signal corp is dying too. Why can't we jam enemy radio and communication. We can't even maintain some of our radios for 6 weeks!!
1. You are not a member of the Army
2. The Nigeria Army school of artillery is not based in kontangora but Kachia Kaduna state.
3. Never you use [b]we [/b]to peddle your falsehood.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
HQ Nigerian Army
HOW ISWAP SENIOR COMMANDER, FIGHTERS ON REVENGE MISSION MET THEIR WATERLOO AT DAMASAK

A senior Commander of ISWAP, Bukar Gana Fitchmeram (aka Abu Aisha), and scores of his fighters who were on revenge mission at Damasak, fell to the fire power of Nigerian troops Thursday. The terrorist and his fighters met their waterloo as they made a come-back following the neutralization of 12 high value ISWAP commanders in Mobbar Local Government Area of Borno State in a week-long air and ground operations by the Nigerian military.

In a well-coordinated ground bombardments and aerial strikes by the Nigerian military on various locations in the Northeast, the terrorists who were denied any sanctuary or respite desperately conducted two separate failed attacks on Gajiram and Damasak.

The deadly air strikes conducted on Tudun Wulgo, Zari and Tumbun Alhaji, Kusuma, Sigir in Ngala and Arijallamari, in Abadam, Marte and Ngala Local government Areas, led to the killing of top ISWAP Leaders. The Commanders that perished in the airstrikes included; Mohammad Fulloja , Ameer Mallam Bello, Ba'a kaka Tunkushe, Abu Muktar Al -Ansari, Ameer Abba Kaka, Abu Huzaifa, Ameer Modu Kwayem, while Goni Mustapha who was the Chief Imam of the ISWAP escaped with bullet wounds.

Troops’ artillery bombardment and air strikes on April 6 also resulted to the elimination of two top ISWAP leaders including Abu-Rabi and Muhammed Likita as well as scores of their troops and body guards around the axis of Kusuma, Sigir in Ngala and Arijallamari in Abadam Local Government Areas.
The terrorists’ storage facilities that housed weapons used to conduct several attacks was also targeted and destroyed in the air raid by the Air Component of Operation Lafita Dole.

On the night of Saturday, April 10, three other terrorist Commanders including Ameer Umar, Abu Ubaida and Abu Salim were ambushed and killed by own troops around Wulgo / Logomani axis close to Cameroon borders while attempting to attack locals and rustle their cows. The devastating air strikes and artillery bombardment on the ISWAP camps had pushed the surviving elements to conduct desperate attacks and looting missions for food and drugs for their wounded colleagues.

Also on April 11, the Nigerian military bombardments eliminated scores of ISWAP/Boko Haram terrorists on five guntrucks in Damasak. Some of the terrorists were hits close to the perimeter fencing, while others were neutralized while attempting to loot food items in a store belonging to the United Nations as well as drugs and ambulance. However, three soldiers and some civilians lost their lives while properties were burnt in the town.

Some of the terrorist still got access to the town burning and looting items before vacating the area. It is also noteworthy that Damasak has been attacked several times and failed. Troops’ fighting spirit remains very high in spite of the nefarious activities of some local informants who often tip the Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists on troops’ movements and positions.

Mohammed Yerima
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
16 April 2021

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toju200:
Damasak Victory: Fleeing ISWAP FIGHTERs sighted burying killed members at Dabar Wanzam following the foiled attempt to take over Damasak. Internal sources reported that Mungzur Mousa Buduma died in the process due to gun shot wounds.
Who is making up all this weird iswap names?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
kabe1:

Stop hiding behind a veil. Your contributions are and always have been invaluable.

I agree with a number of assessments of the Nigerian military, most people including myself are stuck in the golden ages of the 80's and 90's of the Nigerian army especially.

Fact is the army is a shadow of it's self.

A number of security watchers on twitter now masturbate on a speech of the COAS and not actual security improvements on the ground.

That's where we are right now.

There is no veil. Though sometimes I wish I hadn't disclosed I was South African. Some here, not all, tend to dismiss my arguments by citing my nationality irrelevantly, and proceed to agree with the very same sentiment when expressed by an other poster.

None of us is imbued with knowledge of all things, and it's only through discussion that we enhance our understanding.

[Frum would've quoted some ancient scholar, using fewer words, and driven me to google]
I miss the intellectual days of the other thread.
Hell, even Patrick who always seemed to spoil for a fight.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toju200:

HQ Nigerian Army
HOW ISWAP SENIOR COMMANDER, FIGHTERS ON REVENGE MISSION MET THEIR WATERLOO AT DAMASAK

A senior Commander of ISWAP, Bukar Gana Fitchmeram (aka Abu Aisha), and scores of his fighters who were on revenge mission at Damasak, fell to the fire power of Nigerian troops Thursday. The terrorist and his fighters met their waterloo as they made a come-back following the neutralization of 12 high value ISWAP commanders in Mobbar Local Government Area of Borno State in a week-long air and ground operations by the Nigerian military.

In a well-coordinated ground bombardments and aerial strikes by the Nigerian military on various locations in the Northeast, the terrorists who were denied any sanctuary or respite desperately conducted two separate failed attacks on Gajiram and Damasak.

The deadly air strikes conducted on Tudun Wulgo, Zari and Tumbun Alhaji, Kusuma, Sigir in Ngala and Arijallamari, in Abadam, Marte and Ngala Local government Areas, led to the killing of top ISWAP Leaders. The Commanders that perished in the airstrikes included; Mohammad Fulloja , Ameer Mallam Bello, Ba'a kaka Tunkushe, Abu Muktar Al -Ansari, Ameer Abba Kaka, Abu Huzaifa, Ameer Modu Kwayem, while Goni Mustapha who was the Chief Imam of the ISWAP escaped with bullet wounds.

Troops’ artillery bombardment and air strikes on April 6 also resulted to the elimination of two top ISWAP leaders including Abu-Rabi and Muhammed Likita as well as scores of their troops and body guards around the axis of Kusuma, Sigir in Ngala and Arijallamari in Abadam Local Government Areas.
The terrorists’ storage facilities that housed weapons used to conduct several attacks was also targeted and destroyed in the air raid by the Air Component of Operation Lafita Dole.

On the night of Saturday, April 10, three other terrorist Commanders including Ameer Umar, Abu Ubaida and Abu Salim were ambushed and killed by own troops around Wulgo / Logomani axis close to Cameroon borders while attempting to attack locals and rustle their cows. The devastating air strikes and artillery bombardment on the ISWAP camps had pushed the surviving elements to conduct desperate attacks and looting missions for food and drugs for their wounded colleagues.

Also on April 11, the Nigerian military bombardments eliminated scores of ISWAP/Boko Haram terrorists on five guntrucks in Damasak. Some of the terrorists were hits close to the perimeter fencing, while others were neutralized while attempting to loot food items in a store belonging to the United Nations as well as drugs and ambulance. However, three soldiers and some civilians lost their lives while properties were burnt in the town.

Some of the terrorist still got access to the town burning and looting items before vacating the area. It is also noteworthy that Damasak has been attacked several times and failed. Troops’ fighting spirit remains very high in spite of the nefarious activities of some local informants who often tip the Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists on troops’ movements and positions.

Mohammed Yerima
Brigadier General
16 April 2021

The NA HQ has to work on its PR, how come they atr now releasing images when media outlets has already downplayed there effort. Too bad

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kalapizim:

2. The Nigeria Army school of artillery is not based in kontangora but Kachia Kaduna state.
Sorry i made a mistake. Kontagora is the HQ of artillery corps.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Did I say you mentioned it?
Then why did u mention me?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Xbee007:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Anybody can mention both. Me self I fit tell you every and snap inside Brigade.

Later brother make I go drink for Brigade grin. This is most of my guys strategy now take 2 bottles from 5pm to 9pm just in case of an attack you are already in the barracks.

This BH new method of searching for humanitarian aid workers is giving us all sleepless night cool

Tho my location was last attacked in 2018 as I heard cool
ogame, to stay for borno no be moi moi oo. everytime na temple run full their. if that my guy lie i go know. abeg wirelessly sent 2 bottle of beer , if na 333, hero or star make i carry brush my mouth
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toju200:
oga i hear say mi35m sent message go their
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Yhh. Presently we are good at playing the fire brigade approach and harassment of own citizens
Have you been reading the army press release, if yes then you should know that they are using their artillery to do what they want it to do.
I have read several press statement that states that artillery was used and also air strike,j would like you to tell me how and what proof you have to counter those statement

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toju200:

HQ Nigerian Army

Mohammed Yerima
Brigadier General
16 April 2021
Then someone will come here and say our artillery corps fire anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
EricBraven:

con the lie say him na army. i challenger am make he tell us he battalion and division, him never reply

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Sorry i made a mistake. Kontagora is the HQ of artillery corps.

Dude here hen...... angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
EricBraven:

Its a faceless world here on Nairaland.... grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
Who else noticed banditry has reduced significantly? Seems the last NAF airstrike in zamfara hit them really hard. Also NA did several clearance operations in that axis too. I expect the frequency of attacks to increase again next year(2023 elections politics). There was a certain local government chairman arrested in connection with banditry, we've had nothing about him/his sponsors since then. A few minutes ago, I received a message that police arrested 7 military officers for supporting banditry in Zamfara state. I hope they can get useful information from them.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
Xbee007:

bro it's not made up grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
bidexiii:

Its a faceless world here on Nairaland.... grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy better faceless world

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

With all due respect I know the situation of our field guns better than you
How bro? Claims aren't hard to lay

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I just went back to his posts and I can understand why: he used to bang on about the same issues as do I. He has far better command of the English language though, as well as being well-versed in the subject matter.

I take it as a compliment as his contributions- along with Henry and others- got me hooked on this site. Those were them days!
You know it! I used to look forward to MikeCZA. 61Mech et al. Very intellectual discourse.

Now it's so much emotions and old wives fables

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Have you seen our 105mm oto melera in action? I swear. We don't plot. We shoot indiscriminately.
The same vulcans observers applauded during the ECOMOG years are the ones you're talking about like this?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kalapizim:

grin Na that Kontagora first make me know say another noisemaker don land

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
GOODNEWS: Scores of terrorist killed today has the military under Op Tura TAKAIBANGO intensify in it's onslaught at Timbuku triangle axis. Arms recovered, gun trucks destroyed. The onslaught will continue as allies are on their way.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toju200:

GOODNEWS: Scores of terrorist killed today has the military under Op Tura TAKAIBANGO intensify in it's onslaught at Timbuku triangle axis. Arms recovered, gun trucks destroyed. The onslaught will continue as allies are on their way.

.thanks man for the updates.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy better faceless world

wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toju200:

i thinks this success is from the advancing troop this morning

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
ugo4u:
What's the status of our Chinese drones? after watching that Damasak invasion and the confidence at which the terrorists were ransacking the town, I couldn't help but start having a second thought on the issue of fifth columnists/shadows parties & profiteers in this conflict. Clearly it is job of the Air force to finish off these guys, I heard they operated for over 4hrs for Godsake and no intervention wetin dey happen abeg?
If we even take delivery of the drones & Tucanoes how are we sure it's going to be put to good use? Above all didn't the army get any intel concerning an invasion? to say the least, this is utterly embarrassing. We really need to change and upgrade our fighting doctrine if at all we have any because the way I even see it it's like our soldiers are even tired of the whole thing that they just concede some areas to the terrorists(make them sef see small peace).
Few weeks ago I saw a convoy of about 4 Hilux vehicle of immigration personnel fully armed and kitted to the teeth, if not for their skin colour one would have mistaken them for US special forces the least of them was armed with a Tavor. These guys came to pursue petty traders hawking pure water, Kuli Kuli, Aya, Gurasa, sweet etc away from the roads within the market. It was a disappointing sight to behold, I kept on wondering that so we have these agile, scary and well armed and we'll kitted detachment of immigration officers and we are still battling to put enough boots on ground in the north east and many border towns, that even the service Chiefs are thinking of calling back retired servicemen.
Just like Chinua Achebe said "being a Nigerian is
abysmally frustrating and unbelievably exciting".

I being telling people, the military is overwhelmed because paramilitaries like immigration and customs, civil defense, are not doing there job, military is combining there job at the border.

To me it's either you do your job or not, you can't be flying uniform and wielding weapons yet your making no impact, if I were the president, immigration border force should constitutes larger amount of immigration officer and customs combatants.

If it's training they need, they should go for training, if it's war grade weapons and equipment, provide it for them. And they should all go out and do there job and stop leaving it to military.

Military will form checkpoints in civil area because of internal security, what exactly is the job of civil defense? This particular civil defense, if I am the president, I will restructure there mandate. Plenty of them just wearing uniform doing little or nothing in the office. Every body should get there ass trained, pick up riffle and get involved in this security challenge. It shouldn't be left alone for military.

Small prison break that should be handled by correctional officers and correctional armed squad, correctional service will call military for support. They have relax because they know they will call military support any time they have challenge. They don't even do rigorous training for there men. It's wrong, the insecurity has gone beyond parade drill. Everybody should get trained like soldiers and should be combat ready. Not going about with oversized uniform and fat legs because they are not military.

NDLEA will be going on raid, it's still this same military they will call. Can't they do the right thing and train there officer to be equal to the task and do there job?

Military should only focus on the war and immigration and customs should stop running from the borders while they leave it to military. Everybody should wake up to there task.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Then why did u mention me?
Why can't I mention you? Go and create your own site, so you can choose who will quote you and who won't quote you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.