Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3030107 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
nigeria military are working if you know, you know. they is already movement of new commander who have military training from russia, and uk to the north east. this morning they were movement of mbt, apc, and more solider to lake chad,down town to damsak to area of some gudzmala . this morning some military warlord are around. let us watch

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
nigeria military are working if you know, you know. they is already movement of new commander who have military training from russia, and uk to the north east. this morning they were movement of mbt, apc, and more solider to lake chad,down town to damsak to area of some gudzmala . this morning some military warlord are around. let us watch

I feel like they should calm for the super tucano to arrive

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
And the war would be won because of this one commander i keep hearing about? A country of over 200 million souls, pinning it's hope on one man.
What happens (God forbid) if that one man get killed in action? We stop fighting war on terror?
Naija, be creative.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
slimthugchimee2:

I feel like they should calm for the super tucano to arrive
the military men was too much. but i heard some drone are in country.you know military are secreative. but the new commander are dangerous they just arrived some week ago.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
arantess:

Some of you don't have to insult before driving your points home
The largest US carrier can take 80 planes and you are saying 'almost 100'...
Is 80 not close to 100 by 20

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
the military men was too much. but i heard some drone are in country.you know military are secreative. but the new commander are dangerous they just arrived some week ago.

Sure say nobi black panther you dey talk about?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
demolition:

Sure say nobi black panther you dey talk about?
stop this grin grin
Na tony Stark
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
arantess:

Some of you don't have to insult before driving your points home
The largest US carrier can take 80 planes and you are saying 'almost 100'...
It doesn't change his point
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

...Or the Army on ground do not have proper communication with the pilots for coordinates. I’m just confused about this.
When I observed that most NA vehicles do not appear to have radio antennas, I was pilloried by some here.
The friendly fire incident that resulted in 2 STTEP contractors losing their lives was because there were no radios to communicate their approach.

More recently, a terrorist convoy disguised as NA got close enough because there were no radios to communicate and distinguish friend from foe.(standard operating procedures demand a password which is changed daily so that base security is not taken by surprise; without this basic logistic component...)

With inadequate NA ->NA comms, what hope for NA ->NAF comms?

But, wetin concern me? Somehow nobody can make observations until their own house is in perfect order, according to some here.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lurker4Long:

When I observed that most NA vehicles do not appear to have radio antennas, I was pilloried by some here.
The friendly fire incident that resulted in 2 STTEP contractors losing their lives was because there were no radios to communicate their approach.

More recently, a terrorist convoy disguised as NA got close enough because there were no radios to communicate and distinguish friend from foe.(standard operating procedures demand a password which is changed daily so that base security is not taken by surprise; without this basic logistic component...)

With inadequate NA ->NA comms, what hope for NA ->NAF comms?

But, wetin concern me? Somehow nobody can make observations until their own house is in perfect order, according to some here.

You are @Frumentius, the SA soldier who served/serves in DRC.

There is no doubt about that.

There was no need changing your moniker.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
kabe1:

You are @Frumentius, the SA soldier who served/serves in DRC.

There is no doubt about that.

There was no need changing your moniker.
I wish. Dude was infinitely more articulate than I.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
Sizzorkay:
And the war would be won because of this one commander i keep hearing about? A country of over 200 million souls, pinning it's hope on one man.
What happens (God forbid) if that one man get killed in action? We stop fighting war on terror?
Naija, be creative.
And this would be what? a new thing? Heck even from biblical times. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I wish. Dude was infinitely more articulate than I.
grin I've accused you of being the same person too.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
the nigeria navy and army have something to do with china in procurement
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Without Air, Armour and Artillery support, the USA won't overrun Gudzmala, so far ISWAP is able to secure their supply route. But with Armour and Artillery, it will be in favour of the Americans. But infantry to infantry, the Americans will never overrun Gudzmala.
I said without airsupport. I didn't mention artillery and armour.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
Odunayaw:
And you know this how
With all due respect I know the situation of our field guns better than you
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
EricBraven:

Has there been anything that you agree that they are good at
Yhh. Presently we are good at playing the fire brigade approach and harassment of own citizens

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin I've accused you of being the same person too.

I just went back to his posts and I can understand why: he used to bang on about the same issues as do I. He has far better command of the English language though, as well as being well-versed in the subject matter.

I take it as a compliment as his contributions- along with Henry and others- got me hooked on this site. Those were them days!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kalapizim:
Says who? Please prove your statement.
Have you thought about what we are taught at artillery school kontagora? Our problem in that corp is that we are not changing doctrine. Apart from that, we got overzealous officers who are orthodox to the extreme to the extent that they don't improvise and apply personal knowledge in the battlefield. They feel what is taught at school is exactly what they will face in the battlefield. Also artillery corp and infantry Corp lack battlefield coordination. This is where signal Corp comes to play. Signal corp is dying too. Why can't we jam enemy radio and communication. We can't even maintain some of our radios for 6 weeks!!

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I just went back to his posts and I can understand why: he used to bang on about the same issues as do I. He has far better command of the English language though, as well as being well-versed in the subject matter.

I take it as a compliment as his contributions- along with Henry and others- got me hooked on this site. Those were them days!

Incidentally, I suspect he's still around as not all of his posts show up as "nobody".
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
iblawi:

Overrunning Gudzamala is not the problem of Nigerian Army. The right question is at what cost? Will it worth it? We can always get better systems to minimize the lost on our side.

The US military still haven't defeated the Talibans almost 20 years after. I laughed when some was saying US is not fighting on their home soil. It was a very stupiid statement because the US can move more that 10 times the hardware of most nations to their doorstep without any issue.

A single us aircraft Carrier will carry almost 100 fighter aircraft to any nation in the world and they have 10 of such carriers which translate to ~1000 fighter aircraft can be deployed on aircraft carriers alone. How many countries have that on their home soil? Let's not even talk about other Naval Assets or even the US Marine or the US Airforce. They all have capability of projecting force anywhere on earth with almost 700 bases around the world.

The entire Nigerian Airforce attack aircraft are less than 100 (both good and bad, recent and old). So just just imagine that 1 aircraft carrier can bring aircraft more advanced and even in more numbers than what is available in entire Nigerian Airforce and someone would claim is because the are not on home soil. Very stupiid excuse.
What about india or britain or France or Portugal that don't have that number of aircraft carriers. Truth is, we don't wanna win this war yet.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

With all due respect I know the situation of our field guns better than you
so, you must be an artiliary officer or you are in your house claiming to know more of weapon you never see talkless of using it

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

What about india or britain or France or Portugal that don't have that number of aircraft carriers. Truth is, we don't wanna win this war yet.

You have said it all cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by IGpro1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Have you thought about what we are taught at artillery school kontagora? Our problem in that corp is that we are not changing doctrine. Apart from that, we got overzealous officers who are orthodox to the extreme to the extent that they don't improvise and apply personal knowledge in the battlefield. They feel what is taught at school is exactly what they will face in the battlefield. Also artillery corp and infantry Corp lack battlefield coordination. This is where signal Corp comes to play. Signal corp is dying too. Why can't we jam enemy radio and communication. We can't even maintain some of our radios for 6 weeks!!
does this prove anything,
baba calm down and stop claiming what you are not.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
so, you must be an artiliary officer or you are in your house claiming to know more of weapon you never see talkless of using it
Have you seen our 105mm oto melera in action? I swear. We don't plot. We shoot indiscriminately.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

I said without airsupport. I didn't mention artillery and armour.
Did I say you mentioned it?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Am yet to see any new equipment for signal O! Since everybody is moving about with walkie talkie undecided
Jamming and monitoring enemy communication shocked will be a game changer, we will be 2 step ahead.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Have you seen our 105mm oto melera in action? I swear. We don't plot. We shoot indiscriminately.
before i belive you, you have to mention you battalion and division. and from your topic on narialand dont prove your a solider
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
before i belive you, you have to mention you battalion and division. and from your topic on narialand dont prove your a solider
You be Int shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

I beg to differ because I have seen this stuff in action, soldiers may decide to blow one of just to keep enemy in check and remind them they are still there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:

Anybody can mention both. Me self I fit tell you every and snap inside Brigade.

Later brother make I go drink for Brigade grin. This is most of my guys strategy now take 2 bottles from 5pm to 9pm just in case of an attack you are already in the barracks.

This BH new method of searching for humanitarian aid workers is giving us all sleepless night cool

Tho my location was last attacked in 2018 as I heard cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.