Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3040408 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 12:38pm On May 22, 2021
shadowprimezero:
Some more bad news from a few days ago lads. We've lost one of our ATR-42 ISR/ELNIT aircraft to a runway accident two days ago. There were no fatalities thankfully. Apparently the plane's wing struck some vegetation when taxiing down the runway. From the extensive damage, the airframe is probably going to be written off.

Hmmm...Anybody in the mould of the Chief of Air Staff would be worried at the frequency of mishaps in the last 4 months. This is really another bad news for the military at a time the tempo of operations is taking off. God help us.

The CAS can bring his professional bearing to bear and take a holistic view and approach to events to bring back safety to military aviation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:39pm On May 22, 2021
[/b]Nigerian Navy 65th Anniversary celebration cancelled following the death of the COAS yesterday. Signed. Cdre S Dahun[b]
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 22, 2021
Blueelf:

If ignored, he would see that his existence on this thread is meaningless and he would stop. Our replies to him keeps feeding the monster.

I've been hearing this from the day I started posting on this thread grin

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:41pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Corpses of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, and others who died in a Beachcraft 350 aircraft that crashed at the Kaduna International Airport on Friday have arrived Abuja.

They were received at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja at about 11am.

They were being moved to the National Mosque and the Nigerian Air Force Protestant Church venues of funeral prayers amidst tight security.

SOURCE

lalasticlala mynd44

Bodies of Airforce Officers arrive;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFk_KA-B8E8

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:41pm On May 22, 2021
What kind of MSc can someone do to improve his chances of security jobs in Nigeria.

Tho looks like most universities don’t offer such security courses.

I’m thinking of trying this out in foreign online universities

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:42pm On May 22, 2021
The emergency intervention funds being processed for the military should be increased to fill the ISR gap. Only that can mitigate the impending disaster.
Ongoing insurgency in Northeast
Banditry in the northwest
Insurgency building up in the south east.

Honestly, Buhari is very unfortunate to have become president at a time when oil price crashed and along with it the economy and government's revenue.
Then despite a lot of efforts to improve security situation, disasters left and right and people sowing seeds of discord and division.
He will leave power in about 2 years time, many of the problems will remain, smart people will realize that we all are the reasons for the problems and the not too smart will start blaming the next person or any other person.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:44pm On May 22, 2021
More

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 22, 2021
Some of Una dey always overhype unaself on top internet grin

Me wey deactivate my old account wey popular for some section for Nairaland, an account with over 17k likes. You come dey think say not quoting me on a single thread will make me feel bad or what? grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:47pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Me wey deactivate my old account wey popular for some section for Nairaland, an account with over 17k likes. You come dey think say not quoting me on a single thread will make me feel bad or what? grin

They deactivated your account, you didn't deactivate yourselve, Abeg meke we hear word !

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 22, 2021
FACT CHECK: Did Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru Say That 'Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge As New Countries'?

Following Friday's tragic death of Ibrahim Attahiru, the 25th Chief of Army Staff (COAS) of the Nigerian Army, in a plane crash, a claim started circulating online. The headline published on some blogs in March 2021 read: "Over My Death Will Oduduwa, Biafra Emerge As New Countries, Nigeria Is One —Attahiru Warns".

AllNews noticed this wording is being shared on microblogging platform, Twitter, majorly by accounts of social media users with apparent Biafra separatist leaning. They claim it is from March 2021.

But is that what the late Chief of Army Staff - who died alongside 10 other officers including the crew - really said? AllNews check.

Indeed, as reported by the Nigerian blog, The Republican News, late CoS Attahiru addressed security threats confronting Nigeria in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, at the first Commanding Officers Workshop 2021 on Tuesday, March 23. However, the headline is devious.

“The Nigerian Army under my leadership would remain proactive and jointly work with other security agencies to decisively deal with threats facing the nation.

“The Nigerian Army under my watch remains resolute and is poised more than ever before to decisively deal with individuals or groups that threaten the peace, security and stability of our great nation,” those are the major quotes attributed to Major General Attahiru by prominent news outlets during the visit to Akwa Ibom state at the time.

See The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Legit, This Day, and Sun News Online. Nowhere did he talk about him dying over Biafra or Oduduwa Republic agitators' cause. He didn't even utter the phrase: "over my dead body".

Besides, the caption, 'Over My Death...' is grammatically incorrect.

Conclusion
The claim that late Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru said 'over my death will Biafra, Oduduwa emerges as new countries' is crooked.

https://allnews.ng/news/fact-check-did-chief-of-army-staff-ibrahim-attahiru-say-that-over-my-death-will-biafra-oduduwa-emerge-as-new-countries

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jd3trice(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2021
Covert1:
It is evident DLD is an igbo IPOB in our midst. Well thank God not all igbos are IPOB. It would mean submitting to the foolery of Nnamdi Kanu who is not worth a bucket of thrash can.

His pain is General Nicholas was removed. How many other Northern commanders or Yoruba commanders have been removed. Even one Yoruba was court marshalled, demoted and dismissed. Seeing everything through tribalistic eyes doesn't help at all.

Attahiru is from Kaduna not Katsina. Is there tribal undertones yes but every Nigerian president has been guilty of it. Instead of working to gain political power to change things the foo.l in DLD openly advocates insurrection against the state and who would suffer the poor people of the South East while him and Nnamdi Kanu hides abroad under a welfare state collecting money from them and gullible igbo youths feeding fat doing nothing.

I approve this message.
It is very clear and glaring that guy is a violent Ipob member/sympathizer. I see no reason why the Mods and Seun are allowing his continuous spread of hate towards the Nigerian state on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 22, 2021
bidexiii:

They deactivated your account, you didn't deactivate yourselve, Abeg meke we hear word !
Who deactivated my account?

No mods on Nairaland can deactivate anyone account for no tangible reason, not even seun himself will do so.

Is totally unpossible grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:51pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Who deactivated my account?

No mods on Nairaland can deactivate anyone account, not even seun himself will do so.

Is totally unpossible grin

Stop decieving yourself..... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:51pm On May 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
What kind of MSc can someone do to improve his chances of security jobs in Nigeria.

You can take online certification courses on cybersecurity.
Or maybe criminology but that is actually more needed in the law enforcement agencies.

Check Udemy, Udacity, you will see a lot of security related courses.
Also, you can try to join some of these security institutes and become a fellow.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 22, 2021
jd3trice:

I approve this message.
It is very clear and glaring that guy is a violent Ipob member/sympathizer.
The internet nah one kin funny place grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2021
bidexiii:

I was just going to say this. I remembered tackling him then and the result was a deactivation. We would soon remember this his new account.

Dubai anything don't worry continue

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:55pm On May 22, 2021
iboboyswag:

I was just going to say this. I remembered tackling him then and the result was a deactivation. We would soon remember this his new account.

Don't mind the guy, him take say we mumu like him undecided
On top he still dey form vandam

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:56pm On May 22, 2021
bidexiii:

cheesy Sahara reporters have influenced him.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 12:59pm On May 22, 2021
shadowprimezero:
Some more bad news from a few days ago lads. We've lost one of our ATR-42 ISR/ELNIT aircraft to a runway accident two days ago. There were no fatalities thankfully. Apparently the plane's wing struck some vegetation when taxiing down the runway. From the extensive damage, the airframe is probably going to be written off.
source please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 22, 2021
bidexiii:

Stop decieving yourself..... undecided
Okay nah cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2021
Whyem15:

You can take online certification courses on cybersecurity.
Or maybe criminology but that is actually more needed in the law enforcement agencies.

Check Udemy, Udacity, you will see a lot of security related courses.
Also, you can try to join some of these security institutes and become a fellow.

Thanks So much Bro. I want to fully move into Humanitarian security department.

My current position covers a little bit of it. My Security manager wants me to go fully into it as I always support him with security analysis like a pro grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 22, 2021
iboboyswag:

Why will i deactivate my account and open a new account because of something you said? Do that even make sense to you bro?

If I deactivated my account cause you tackled me, why will i create a new account, and still let you all know I am Babaowen

I deactivated the account for a personal reason. The only reason I am still active on Nairaland now is because of this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 22, 2021
EX-DIRECTORS, OTHERS RAISE THE ALARM OVER NEPOTISM IN NIA, PETITION NSA

A group of retired directors and senior officers of the National Intelligence Agency, NIA, under the aegis of NIA Veterans Association has petitioned the National Security Adviser, Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd.) complaining of nepotism in appointments, favouritism and acts of incompetence being perpetrated by the Director General of the NIA, Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.
In a petition addressed to Monguno and dated April 20, 2021, the group called on the NSA to intervene and save the agency from further embarrassment from wrong-headed decisions being taken by the NIA DG most of which border on nepotism, distortion of hierarchical order in postings and other decisions capable of bringing the nation to disrepute.

The group in particular referenced postings involving Station Officers and Liaison Officers. Station Officers are officers that routinely carry out intelligence work under the cover of diplomatic services in all Embassies and diplomatic missions of all nations all over the world.

According to the group: “Station Officers are embedded in Missions, and act and behave like all day-to-day conventional diplomats in all missions with normal diplomatic designations and assignments, which provide covers, for the ease of their work. Sometimes they are clandestinely identified by the counter intelligence services of the host countries, but since they are sent as diplomats, the host countries normally accept them as diplomats, because all countries are into the business, so it is silently accepted as a normal practice in the diplomatic service.

“On the other hand, Liaison Officers or LO’s as they are referred to in the intelligence parlance are Intelligence Officers that have openly been declared intelligence officers to their host countries, by their governments. The standard practice all over the world is to appoint older and highly experienced officers, who are about to retire or even retired officers in some countries. In Nigeria, L.O’s have always been Directors, Deputy Directors and some Assistant Directors,” the group stated.

The group cited the example of one Faisal Haruna Wando whom it alleged was too junior to occupy his present office if not for nepotism.

“We released the name because, as an already declared Liaison Officer, his identity is already in the public domain, a GL8 Officer, who is posted to Paris as L.O. This young man graduated from the training school in December 2017. From our collective and individual experience we know that the versatility of the job of L.O requires that an officer must at least spend not less than 20 to 25 years both abroad in different countries and at home as a desk officer, to succeed in the discharge of this onerous duty.

“Not only is an officer supposed to be a jack of all trades, but an officer experienced enough, to know how much information to give out and when to give it. Because as a Liaison Officer, you will also be required to give intelligence from your country as much as you receive. It is a delicate and potentially risky balancing act. The intelligence service is replete with many cases,“ the group said.

The group further alleged blatant cases of nepotism in posting of personnel by the Director-General whom the group said was not even qualified to be appointed the DG of a key agency like the NIA.

In the petition, the group reminded the NSA: “You may wish to recall that even during the last posting of Ambassadors, we called your attention to the fact that some of the postings and nominations were very irrational, unfair and unmerited. For example among the three young ladies he nominated, over and above their seniors, one is his relation from Katsina, the other, though from Borno is the wife of his close friend, also a Katsina man and a Director at ECOWAS, while the last one that he posted as CG (Consul General) in Dubai, was the girlfriend of his mentor.

“The same thing with the four male Ambassadors that he nominated. We warned that they didn’t have the required minimum of 30 months in service, but he went ahead and nominated their names and now, they are posted to Turkey, Iran, Benin and Equatorial Guinea. Does this make us look serious in the eyes of these countries?” the group wondered.

The ex-directors said it is a well-known fact in the Intelligence circle, that some countries, like Russia, USA, Israel, France and a host of others, are known to have nurtured and incubate Moles, in other countries for ages and decades, after recruiting them at very early stages.

They feared that Mr Wando being a very young and ‘green’ officer, who is not yet married yet and not fully exposed to the dynamics of intelligence in diplomatic circles may fall victim to the extent that he might be influenced to work against Nigeria rather than work for the country.

LINK:
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/ex-directors-others-raise-the-alarm-over-nepotism-in-nia-petition-nsa/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 22, 2021
My guy carry go joor. Haters gon choke on their hate.
DubaiLandLord1:
The foolishness of some people eh grin

Comparing a man that was remove from a post for his incompetency and a man that handed over after he paid his dues as the theatre commander is nothing but madness.

Wetin concern me if people reply my post or not on this thread I will keep on posting and quoting anybody I want, whether you reply or not, is your problem.

Nah you dey frustrated because of my post, writing long gibberish up and down, and getting disappointed no one dey support you grin

Whenever you write another fool!sh and senseless post again, I go quote you and correct you. If you want to kill yourself about it, then is your business, not my business covert1.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Experience matters than your MSc for security job sha. But I think Criminology or Peace and Conflict studies is hot cake

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
FACT CHECK: Did Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru Say That 'Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge As New Countries'?

Following Friday's tragic death of Ibrahim Attahiru, the 25th Chief of Army Staff (COAS) of the Nigerian Army, in a plane crash, a claim started circulating online. The headline published on some blogs in March 2021 read: "Over My Death Will Oduduwa, Biafra Emerge As New Countries, Nigeria Is One —Attahiru Warns".

AllNews noticed this wording is being shared on microblogging platform, Twitter, majorly by accounts of social media users with apparent Biafra separatist leaning. They claim it is from March 2021.

But is that what the late Chief of Army Staff - who died alongside 10 other officers including the crew - really said? AllNews check.

Indeed, as reported by the Nigerian blog, The Republican News, late CoS Attahiru addressed security threats confronting Nigeria in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, at the first Commanding Officers Workshop 2021 on Tuesday, March 23. However, the headline is devious.

“The Nigerian Army under my leadership would remain proactive and jointly work with other security agencies to decisively deal with threats facing the nation.

“The Nigerian Army under my watch remains resolute and is poised more than ever before to decisively deal with individuals or groups that threaten the peace, security and stability of our great nation,” those are the major quotes attributed to Major General Attahiru by prominent news outlets during the visit to Akwa Ibom state at the time.

See The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Legit, This Day, and Sun News Online. Nowhere did he talk about him dying over Biafra or Oduduwa Republic agitators' cause. He didn't even utter the phrase: "over my dead body".

Besides, the caption, 'Over My Death...' is grammatically incorrect.

Conclusion
The claim that late Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru said 'over my death will Biafra, Oduduwa emerges as new countries' is crooked.

https://allnews.ng/news/fact-check-did-chief-of-army-staff-ibrahim-attahiru-say-that-over-my-death-will-biafra-oduduwa-emerge-as-new-countries
See your foolishness? What is this news supposed to mean

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Ban is not the same as deactivate. Let's be guided. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainZubi: 1:48pm On May 22, 2021
Whyem15:

Most devout Muslims have it on their foreheads. After several years of prostration in prayer every day, it will definitely leave a mark.

It is also becomes more prominent due to "planting of heads" from training days.

I used to think it was as a result of several years of planting pot in NDA grin or wats that punishment where you plant your head on the floor.

PearlD41bidexiii
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 22, 2021
Xbee007:

Ban is not the same as deactivate. Let's be guided. grin grin grin
Since you feel I was ban, why was my account banned? undecided

Some of Una just funny on this thread grin

I don't buy or sell anything on Nairaland, what reason exactly will my account be banned by the Mods for I can't believe all this cause of a deactivated account grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2021
shadowprimezero:
Source please, is it confirmed.
Probably yabhon flash UAV are still operational?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 2:15pm On May 22, 2021
shadowprimezero:

Which Vegetation again na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.