Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3040443 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 22, 2021
Katsina Emirate Council has dismissed the District Head of Kankara otherwise called Sarkin Pawwan Katsina, Alhaji Yusuf Lawal.

The Emirate initially suspended Lawal in April (last month).

The District Head was suspended after he was found guilty of all the charges leveled against him by residents in his domain mostly that has to do with sponsoring and aiding banditry as well as frustrating the ongoing efforts to tackle bandits in the area.

The Spokesman of the Emirate, Alhaji Ibrahim Bindawa told Channels Television that before the dismissal, the District Head was suspended earlier in this month for allegedly sponsoring the activities of bandits in Kankara, one of the frontline Local Government Areas bedeviled by insecurity in the state.

He revealed that a committee was set up by the Emirate and was chaired by the Kauran Katsina, District Head of Rimi, after meeting security officials and other stakeholders especially from the Kankara district found the District Head guilty of aiding bandits and kidnappers terrorising Kankara LGA.

“The immediate suspension followed series of complaints by the residents after which investigation was conducted.

“What happened was that the State Government had hitherto directed the Emirate Council to commence investigation into the allegations leveled against the District Head by the residents.

“Upon completion of the investigation, the Emirate found him guilty and submitted its report to the State Government where the Government further directed the Emirate to dismiss him,” Bindawa explained.

In December 2020, 344 students were abducted from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara. The event happened at Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, and the students were freed one week after negotiations with the Federal Government as well as Katsina and Zamfara State Governments.

Meanwhile, Boko Haram terrorists claimed responsibility for the abduction, saying that the attack was carried out to rein in un-Islamic practices in the School.

Amidst the fear of bandits attacking schools, the Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, on March directed that all boarding schools remain closed.

The State Government further announced plans to deploy security dogs to protect school children across all the public boarding schools operating in the state.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/05/22/katsina-emirate-dismisses-kankara-district-head-over-sponsorship-of-bandits/

I wander why he was not budlled and taking to a police station for him to be investigated and charge to court if there are evidence he is truly funding bandits.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 2:16pm On May 22, 2021
By the way, where's our President? He's not in attendance for the country's chief of staff burial? What a joke.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 22, 2021
The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Friday, reiterated his call to people of the state to rise and defend themselves from external attacks, particularly by militia herdsmen.

Ortom made the call at Adoka in the Otukpo Local Government Area of the state during an address at the funeral of Mama Enenu Ebute, the mother-in-law of the Deputy Governor, Mr Benson Abounu.

The governor described Israel as the chosen heritage of God, saying it did not allow its people to be killed in such a manner without defence.

He said, “Our people have had enough of these killings and they should rise to defend themselves against any external attack. We need to live.”

The governor urged patriotic Nigerians and men of good conscience to speak out against the ills in the country, pointing out that support and synergy with security agents was imperative in the fight against banditry, terrorism and other forms of criminality.

He lamented that hundreds of villages in Benue State had been sacked and thousands displaced by marauding herdsmen, noting that such portended danger for the state as the food basket of the nation.

Ortom admonished the people of the state to put politics aside and join hands with the government to fight for the survival and soul of Benue State, which he said was under siege.

While expressing the belief that the deceased lived a worthy and fulfilled Christian life and would be enjoying eternity in heaven, the governor prayed God to console the bereaved family members, stressing that he was happy to be associated with the Abounu family.

In a homily, the Archbishop of Abuja Diocese, Most Rev Oche Job, said there is life hereafter and encouraged them to embrace Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.

The wife of the governor, Mrs Eunice Ortom; the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Titus Uba; Senator Abba Moro; former Deputy Governor, Chief Steven Lawani; and members of the Benue State Security and Executive Council attended the ceremony.

Source: https://m.punchng.com/Killings-Defend-yourselves-Ortom-tells-Benue-residents
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:08pm On May 22, 2021
How you know say that news was verified though? How many reporters do they have on ground? sources etc. Or you work for them?
Even the most respect and resourceful news outlets in the West do get wrong info constantly and then issue a retraction or correction afterwards. But in this case, these outlet don't care about that, true or false once printed or published they don't seem to care what happen after. grin

DubaiLandLord1:
And all this yama yama post about me bringing random source like Sahara reporter, is Sahara reporter not a legit news media outlet? There are news here with funny source, but you no lament.

So when ever I post a verified news from Sahara reporter, I can see you dey always feel bad about it grin Well I will keep on posting more and more verified security news from Sahara reporter on this thread. If you don't like it, you can kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 22, 2021
The 80th Passing out Parade of the Depot Nigerian Army, Zaria where Chief of Army Staff Lt-Gen Ibrahim Attahiru was billed to attend has been cancelled after he died in a plane crash on Friday.

Attahiru was billed to be the Reviewing Officer at the PoP in Zaria on Saturday, Daily Trust has learnt.

OML revocation impasse: Reps doubt Addax’s claims
Black Friday as army chief, others die in plane crash
But he alongside 10 others died when their military plane crashed on Friday at the Kaduna International Airport.

“The COAS was to arrive in Kaduna on Friday and sleep over at his guest house. He was then expected to pay homage to the Emir of Zazzau, Ambassador Ahmed Nuhu Bamali on Saturday before proceeding to the depot for the PoP,” a source said.

However, a source within the depot who pleaded anonymity said, “Everything has been put on hold till the remains of the deceased are laid to rest.”

Daily Trust reports that 4,198 recruits passed out at the 79th edition of the recruit intake in July, 2020.

https://dailytrust.com/depot-nigerian-army-cancels-pop-late-army-chief-attahiru-was-to-attend
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:
How you know say that news was verified though? How many reporters do they have on ground? sources etc. Or you work for them?
Even the most respect and resourceful news outlets in the West do get wrong info constantly and then issue a retraction or correction afterwards. But in this case, these outlet don't care about that, true or false once printed or published they don't seem to care what happen after. grin

The guy is probably fulfilling a childhood passion of being a newscaster grin He probably imagines himself holding a microphone as he copies and paste all over Nairaland

Has to be the explanation for his fervor

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:18pm On May 22, 2021
It could be the cap they wear too, at least for me i had a light mark like that when i used to wear hat 24/7, it left a mark

CaptainZubi:
On a lighter note, why do most of these Nigerian officers always have this dark spot on their forehead?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:

There news have been posting here are authentic. You can start pointing out the ones have been posting here that is not genuine and you can do so any time I post a news with Sahara as my source.

Sahara reporter might be posting fake news sometimes, but almost all their news have posted on this thread are legit.

I don't follow sahara reporter on any social media, In fact, except Nairaland, I don't think have spend up to 20 minutes in 7 years reading news from Sahara reporter on any social media platform including Sahara reporter website.

Any sahara reporter post you see me dey post for here, I get them mostly from Nairaland politics section.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:28pm On May 22, 2021
Kind of a contradictory post you made there. So they do post fake news sometimes, but the ones you posted are always legit, even though you just copy and paste without verifying the info yourself, so how do you know they are legit grin
Carry on my brother, it's well

DubaiLandLord1:
There news have been posting here are authentic. You can start pointing out the ones have been posting here that is not genuine and you can do so any time I post a news with Sahara as my source.

Sahara reporter might be posting fake news sometimes, but almost all their news have posted on this thread are legit.

I don't follow sahara reporter on any social media, In fact, except Nairaland, I don't think have spend up to 20 minutes in 7 years reading news from Sahara reporter on any social media platform including Sahara reporter website.

Any sahara reporter post you see me dey post for here, I get them mostly from Nairaland politics section.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Kind of a contradictory post you made there. So they do post fake news sometimes, but the ones you posted are always legit, even though you just copy and paste without verifying the info yourself, so how do you know they are legit grin
Carry on my brother, it's well

The ones am posting on this thread are not fake news. You can point out the fake news to end this matter grin

Whenever you see me posting any news from Sahara reporter, then counter it with facts.

Nah almost every news media outlet they post fake news, when they find out is a wrong info, they apologize and withdraw the news.

Before I post any news, I make sure 2-3 news media outlet don also report the news before I post, but I do make sure I post the one with Sahara reporter as the source I post on this news.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 3:31pm On May 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:
It could be the cap they wear too, at least for me i had a light mark like that when i used to wear hat 24/7, it left a mark

95% of the time you can tell if someone bearing that mark is a Muslim.
It's like a beacon in the Muslim community.
If you complete your prayers daily you need to have next level skin care not to have that mark.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 22, 2021
If I post any fake news, counter it with facts, don't just sit in your house and start shouting fake news.

I don talk finish for this matter. But, you will all keep seeing me posting security news from Sahara reporter on this thread, that is one thing I can promise.

Get ready to wail in advance if you don't like it cool

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:35pm On May 22, 2021
Lol, i only asked how sure you were some of those stories they write up were accurate, other than that me no too care about what they post, no disrespect i just usually scroll over those articles you been posting lol, never read them grin

DubaiLandLord1:
The ones am posting on this thread are not fake news. You can point out the fake news to end this matter grin

Whenever you see me posting any news from Sahara reporter, then counter it with facts.

Nah almost every news media outlet they post fake news, when they find out is a wrong info, they apologize and withdraw the news.

Before I post any news, I make sure 2-3 news media outlet don also report the news before I post, but I do make sure I post the one with Sahara reporter as the source I post on this news.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:36pm On May 22, 2021
Cool, they should be handing out moisturizers at those mosques then, grin

demolition:

95% of the time you can tell if someone bearing that mark is a Muslim.
It's like a beacon in the Muslim community.
If you complete your prayers daily you need to have next level skin care not to have that mark.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Lol, i only asked how sure you were some of those stories they write up were accurate, other than that me no too care about what they post, no disrespect i just usually scroll over those articles you been posting lol, never read them grin

one police officer on this thread don talk say she no dey read my post a long time ago, and I am still here posting grin.

Is your choice bro. If you don't read them, then you don't need to know anything cool have a good day Americana and stop all this unnecessary questions cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 22, 2021
Listen to Abubakar Shekau last voice before he blew himself to avoid arrest (listen)

Read details in link below with video....

https://livetimesng.com/listen-to-abubakar-shekau-last-voice-before-he-blew-himself-to-avoid-arrest-see-the-audio-recording/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:43pm On May 22, 2021
And here i thought we were having a light hearted convo, why the attitude grin
I don't read them because they are long and numerous, make i quit my job? or did i asked you to stop posting them? lol, calm down chief, me don tell you to carry on, na you come back asking questions. relax, it's weekend.
Americana? smh
DubaiLandLord1:
That police officer don talk say she no dey read my post a long time ago, and I am still here posting grin.

Is your choice bro. If you don't read them, then you don't need to know anything cool have a good day Americana and stop all this unnecessary questions cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:46pm On May 22, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
i cant eat. just thinking of him. i call my guy who he is an sf , he was crying like a baby.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:
And here i thought we were having a light hearted convo, why the attitude grin
I don't read them because they are long and numerous, make i quit my job? or did i asked you to stop posting them? lol, calm down chief, me don tell you to carry on, na you come back asking questions. relax, it's weekend.
Bro, I'm not fighting with you o grin

I just feel there should be no need for all this kin talk since you don't even read it.

I don talk say, before I post any Sahara reporter news for here, I do make sure other news outlets sef don report the news. Then I copy the one from Sahara reporter, and paste it on this thread cheesy

But if you feel there is a fake news from Sahara reporter wey I don post for here, you're free to point it out, so I can take it down.

I'm not angry o. What's the essence of getting angry at wetin person dey talk for social media undecided

Have a good day!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Since you feel I was ban, why was my account banned? undecided

Some of Una just funny on this thread grin

I don't buy or sell anything on Nairaland, what reason exactly will my account be banned by the Mods for I can't believe all this cause of a deactivated account grin
You were given 666 years ban so no point in maintaining the account. Don't ask me how I know. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 22, 2021
Xbee007:

You were given 666 years ban so no point in maintaining the account. Don't ask me how I know. grin grin grin
Lol

The day I deactivated the account, I was checking my profile, I saw I had thousands of likes, I was shocked shocked I was not expecting I will have lots of likes like that.

Then I decided to start going through my comments, I find out Nairaland politics section don start to dey turn me to something else grin

I had to deactivate the account, and have not been making a lot of comments on Nairaland politics section since then.

The only reason I am not on Nairaland as a guest right now is because of this our thread grin the highest number of days I have been banned on Nairaland is just about 2 weeks. And I hardly get banned for the comments have been making on this thread.

In fact, i only found out I do get reported on this thread after guys like general farouk started lamenting about how he has been reporting some of my post without me getting banned. Someone even said he had to give up after he see say dem no dey ban me grin

I didn't do anything to warrant a ban from Nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

In fact, i only found out I do get reported on this thread after guys like general farouk started lamenting about how he has been reporting some of my post without me getting banned. Someone even said he had to give up after he see say dem no dey ban me grin
But some people funny sha, the guy said he was always reporting my post

I LOL reading his comment on that day grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 4:25pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Listen to Abubakar Shekau last voice before he blew himself to avoid arrest (listen)

He blew himself up? Have we seen any evidence so far this to be true?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 5:03pm On May 22, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

https://desertherald.com/latest-shekaus-surviving-bodyguard-confirms-leaders-death/?__twitter_impression=true

Its sounding true

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:06pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
FACT CHECK: Did Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru Say That 'Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge As New Countries'?

Following Friday's tragic death of Ibrahim Attahiru, the 25th Chief of Army Staff (COAS) of the Nigerian Army, in a plane crash, a claim started circulating online. The headline published on some blogs in March 2021 read: "Over My Death Will Oduduwa, Biafra Emerge As New Countries, Nigeria Is One —Attahiru Warns".

AllNews noticed this wording is being shared on microblogging platform, Twitter, majorly by accounts of social media users with apparent Biafra separatist leaning. They claim it is from March 2021.

But is that what the late Chief of Army Staff - who died alongside 10 other officers including the crew - really said? AllNews check.

Indeed, as reported by the Nigerian blog, The Republican News, late CoS Attahiru addressed security threats confronting Nigeria in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, at the first Commanding Officers Workshop 2021 on Tuesday, March 23. However, the headline is devious.

“The Nigerian Army under my leadership would remain proactive and jointly work with other security agencies to decisively deal with threats facing the nation.

“The Nigerian Army under my watch remains resolute and is poised more than ever before to decisively deal with individuals or groups that threaten the peace, security and stability of our great nation,” those are the major quotes attributed to Major General Attahiru by prominent news outlets during the visit to Akwa Ibom state at the time.

See The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Legit, This Day, and Sun News Online. Nowhere did he talk about him dying over Biafra or Oduduwa Republic agitators' cause. He didn't even utter the phrase: "over my dead body".

Besides, the caption, 'Over My Death...' is grammatically incorrect.

Conclusion
The claim that late Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru said 'over my death will Biafra, Oduduwa emerges as new countries' is crooked.

https://allnews.ng/news/fact-check-did-chief-of-army-staff-ibrahim-attahiru-say-that-over-my-death-will-biafra-oduduwa-emerge-as-new-countries
Don't you have no respect for the dead... How can you glorify a man and afterwards go after looking for defamative statements

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:08pm On May 22, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

if he weren't dead, he for don show him ugly face...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 22, 2021
Julius John, who escaped from a kidnappers’ den in Kaduna where he spent six weeks, tells ARMSTRONG BAKAM about his close shave with death

Two weeks after your wedding, you were kidnapped; how did it happen?

I got married on November 14, 2020 and two weeks after my wedding, I was transferred from Zamfara State to Zaria, so I went back to pack my few things remaining in Zamfara. On my way coming back between Funtua and Giwa (LGA in Kaduna State) at about 7.30pm, we heard gunshots. Our driver had to stop, then I opened the door in a bid to escape. Immediately, a bright torchlight was flashed on my face and they (kidnappers) came and took all of us into the bush.

What was the first thing that came to your mind then?

I thought they were policemen, but I was wrong, they were kidnappers. When they fired the first shot, our driver didn’t stop until they fired the second one. He stopped and tried to reverse so we could escape but as soon as he turned, we saw two of them right behind us, so the drive had to stop. When he parked, they came and collected our phones and other properties; they searched our bags and took any valuable they found and then led us into the bush. We started trekking from about 7.30pm and didn’t get to their camp until around 6am the following day. When we got there, they blindfolded us and we couldn’t see them. We met six other captives, so we became 13. They each checked our phones to know the kind of people we were and went through the pictures on our phones, to know if we are living a comfortable life and have money or just managing life. They also checked our hands to see if they were smooth or not. Then they checked our text messages for bank transactions.

After that, they started beating us. As they did that, they told us how much they wanted from each person. If anyone said they didn’t have that kind of money, the kidnappers would beat the person the more and they would call the person’s relations so that they would hear the person crying. The following day, they called our relatives and began to negotiate the ransom.

In my case, they first demanded N50m. For some, they demanded N15m, some, N10m, others, N20m and that was at the beginning of the negotiations. What added to my own problem was the fact that some alerts came into my phone while it was with them. So, the guy who read text messages would tell them how much entered into my account. The first alert was for N120,000, then they pointed a gun at me and forced me to give them the pin for my ATM card, which had been with them. Someone went and withdrew everything. Then, another alert of N190,000 came in, they went and did the same. All these were my company’s money; they were payments by clients I had supplied goods to. Because of these alerts, they assumed that I was a very rich man. They insisted that my family would pay N500,000 as ransom. My cousin brought the money to them, after I had spent three weeks with them. By that time, they had released everyone except two of us. Some were released after paying N100,000, some N200,000, two brothers were released after paying N600,000. They released everybody but they held a Customs officer and me.

The Customs officer brought N3m yet they refused to release him. When my brother brought the N500,000 as my ransom, they kidnapped him also and brought him to where I was.

How did your brother locate where you were?

They gave him direction on the phone. They directed him to a place close to where we were. As he was approaching the place, they were looking at him but he couldn’t see them. When they met him, they collected the money and as he was leaving, they stopped him and forced him to come with them. They brought him to the forest where I was, and asked us if we knew each other and we said we were brothers. Then, they chained his legs to mine and a fresh negotiation with my family began. We stayed there to the point that we lost hope.

While there, a Nigerian Air Force aircraft used to hover around the forest on Wednesdays and Sundays, sometimes shooting randomly in the forest and sometimes releasing bombs. In fact, a bomb was released and it exploded very close to where we were. One day, the aircraft came very close, shooting heavily. Our captors ran away and left us. They hid where they could see us but we couldn’t see them. It was when they ran away that we were able to pick the keys to our chains.

After the shootings and bombings subsided, the kidnappers came back to us and since we had the keys to our chains, we started thinking of how to escape. Usually they stayed awake till 4.30am guarding us but that day, by 10.30pm, they slept off. By 11pm, the three of us used our keys to open our chains and then we escaped. My brother, who was brought to the forest in the afternoon, was able to remember the major road to Birnin Gwari. We walked till about 6am when we got to the first village called Galadimawa where we saw a mosque and entered it. We told them what happened to us, so they took us to the village head, who also took us to the police station there. They took our statements and also took us to the Area Command in Zaria. There, our statements were also taken. From there, they took us to the police clinic in MTD Barracks, and after that, we went home.

Who were these kidnappers and how many were they?

They are pure Fulani. Six of them kidnapped us and when we got to the forest, more Fulani came to see their visitors and from there, they took us to where we were tied down and they left us there with three persons that were keeping watch over us. The people who abducted us were different from those guarding us. Whenever they succeeded in kidnapping anyone, they would take the victim to the camp and hand him over to those who would guard him or her. Their boss was the negotiator and when he finished his negotiation and it was positive, a different person would go and collect the ransom.

What were they feeding you with?

I didn’t eat any other food apart from rice which they brought from nearby villages. They gave us food and water once in two days. They gave five people one litre of water and that would be it. There was a stream where they got water.

Did they allow you have a bath in the six weeks that you were with them?

Not at all; we didn’t even wash our faces. And when the food was brought we had no water to wash our hands, so, we ate with dirty hands. We were only concerned about the water to drink and not water to bathe or wash our hands.

What kind of weapons did the kidnappers carry?

They had AK-47 and AK-49 riffles. On where they got the weapons from, they told me that “gwamnati ke bamu su, Muna da kudin sayan su ne?” meaning: “It is the government that gives us the weapons; do we have the money to buy them?” They were young people and I think the oldest among them would be about 27 years old.

Did they threaten to kill you?

Yes, and for me, I believe, their aim was to kill me because the Customs officer was with his brother in the vehicle when we were kidnapped and they shot and killed him, the Customs officer was also shot. When we got to the camp, another person was shot on his leg because the money they demanded was not complete. In my own case, after I had spent three days, they called my uncle and asked my brother to speak with me and they told my people that I was dead. My uncle asked them what happened to me, they told him that I was sick and they never took care of me and they woke up in the morning to find me dead. They told my people to come and pick my corpse. My uncle asked them where they would get my dead body and they described the place to him. But as they were talking, my brother sensed that it was a ploy to kidnap more people.

What was going through your mind while you were in captivity?

I was more than afraid. I was just seeing myself as a dead man, I thought that I wouldn’t leave that place alive because they freed some people after paying N100,000 and N200,000 ransom, while they held onto me even after paying N500,000. So, I felt they had another plan. Again, I was the only Christian among those kidnapped; so, I felt maybe they were waiting for a particular time to kill me. When they first saw me, they thought I was a military man, they said it was because of my hairstyle and they directed someone to go and shoot me. Another thing was that I have an identity card of the barracks, and when they saw it, they were convinced I was a military man. They asked me to pull off my shirt which I did. There was a big hole and they would ask their victim to stand close to it and the moment they shot, the person would fall inside it and that would be it. But God helped me and I was able to convince the guy that I was not a military personnel and to God be the glory, he understood and believed me and went back to explain to their boss. That was how God saved me.

Can you describe the condition under which you were kept?

We were outside in the cold and I was there without any shirt on. I had only my trousers on. At night, there was nothing for me to cover myself despite the cold; I slept on the bare ground.

This incident happened just two weeks after your wedding when you were supposed to be having your honeymoon. How did that make you feel?

In that condition I was in, I wasn’t even thinking about anything like honeymoon; the only thing I was thinking about was how to leave there alive. When I got home, I could not stand straight, I could not lie down on my back because of the beatings and the trek, I couldn’t walk normally.

How much did you pay in total before you escaped?

They collected a total of N1.4m.

Was it easy for your family to raise the money?

It was very difficult, my brother had to sell his farm produce to give his part of the contribution.

Do you have any advice for Nigerians?

I want to advise Nigerians not to use their major SIM cards as the line they use in getting bank alerts and the reason is that, in my own case, my MTN is my major line and that’s what I use in getting alerts. And it was that SIM that they removed and put in their phone. If it was my other line I used to get alerts, they wouldn’t have gotten seen the alerts that came in while I was there. People should be more careful also about the kind of pictures they have on their phones.

https://punchng.com/we-were-nearly-killed-when-air-force-bombed-kaduna-kidnappers-den-escaped-abductee/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 22, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Don't you have no respect for the dead... How can you glorify a man and afterwards go after looking for defamative statements
You need to learn how to read and understand.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 6:10pm On May 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
EX-DIRECTORS, OTHERS RAISE THE ALARM OVER NEPOTISM IN NIA, PETITION NSA

A group of retired directors and senior officers of the National Intelligence Agency, NIA, under the aegis of NIA Veterans Association has petitioned the National Security Adviser, Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd.) complaining of nepotism in appointments, favouritism and acts of incompetence being perpetrated by the Director General of the NIA, Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.
In a petition addressed to Monguno and dated April 20, 2021, the group called on the NSA to intervene and save the agency from further embarrassment from wrong-headed decisions being taken by the NIA DG most of which border on nepotism, distortion of hierarchical order in postings and other decisions capable of bringing the nation to disrepute.

The group in particular referenced postings involving Station Officers and Liaison Officers. Station Officers are officers that routinely carry out intelligence work under the cover of diplomatic services in all Embassies and diplomatic missions of all nations all over the world.

According to the group: “Station Officers are embedded in Missions, and act and behave like all day-to-day conventional diplomats in all missions with normal diplomatic designations and assignments, which provide covers, for the ease of their work. Sometimes they are clandestinely identified by the counter intelligence services of the host countries, but since they are sent as diplomats, the host countries normally accept them as diplomats, because all countries are into the business, so it is silently accepted as a normal practice in the diplomatic service.

“On the other hand, Liaison Officers or LO’s as they are referred to in the intelligence parlance are Intelligence Officers that have openly been declared intelligence officers to their host countries, by their governments. The standard practice all over the world is to appoint older and highly experienced officers, who are about to retire or even retired officers in some countries. In Nigeria, L.O’s have always been Directors, Deputy Directors and some Assistant Directors,” the group stated.

The group cited the example of one Faisal Haruna Wando whom it alleged was too junior to occupy his present office if not for nepotism.

“We released the name because, as an already declared Liaison Officer, his identity is already in the public domain, a GL8 Officer, who is posted to Paris as L.O. This young man graduated from the training school in December 2017. From our collective and individual experience we know that the versatility of the job of L.O requires that an officer must at least spend not less than 20 to 25 years both abroad in different countries and at home as a desk officer, to succeed in the discharge of this onerous duty.

“Not only is an officer supposed to be a jack of all trades, but an officer experienced enough, to know how much information to give out and when to give it. Because as a Liaison Officer, you will also be required to give intelligence from your country as much as you receive. It is a delicate and potentially risky balancing act. The intelligence service is replete with many cases,“ the group said.

The group further alleged blatant cases of nepotism in posting of personnel by the Director-General whom the group said was not even qualified to be appointed the DG of a key agency like the NIA.

In the petition, the group reminded the NSA: “You may wish to recall that even during the last posting of Ambassadors, we called your attention to the fact that some of the postings and nominations were very irrational, unfair and unmerited. For example among the three young ladies he nominated, over and above their seniors, one is his relation from Katsina, the other, though from Borno is the wife of his close friend, also a Katsina man and a Director at ECOWAS, while the last one that he posted as CG (Consul General) in Dubai, was the girlfriend of his mentor.

“The same thing with the four male Ambassadors that he nominated. We warned that they didn’t have the required minimum of 30 months in service, but he went ahead and nominated their names and now, they are posted to Turkey, Iran, Benin and Equatorial Guinea. Does this make us look serious in the eyes of these countries?” the group wondered.

The ex-directors said it is a well-known fact in the Intelligence circle, that some countries, like Russia, USA, Israel, France and a host of others, are known to have nurtured and incubate Moles, in other countries for ages and decades, after recruiting them at very early stages.

They feared that Mr Wando being a very young and ‘green’ officer, who is not yet married yet and not fully exposed to the dynamics of intelligence in diplomatic circles may fall victim to the extent that he might be influenced to work against Nigeria rather than work for the country.

LINK:
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/ex-directors-others-raise-the-alarm-over-nepotism-in-nia-petition-nsa/
If true, this guys will finish this kantry kpatakpata.
By the time dey re done with us.
Make I no talk

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 6:17pm On May 22, 2021
fufubear:

https://desertherald.com/latest-shekaus-surviving-bodyguard-confirms-leaders-death/?__twitter_impression=true

Its sounding true

This is also just hear say, cobbled together from twitter but no convincing proof of his death.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 22, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

This is also just hear say, cobbled together from twitter but no convincing proof of his death.
I don see two to three post wey dem talk say Shekau survived, but is wounded badly.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 7:32pm On May 22, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

Well I doubt they will post his picture online so the best you will get is hear say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.