Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019536 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
I make bold to say PMCs do not work, they did not work in Nigeria. From town to town the enemy mostly did not engage members of the MSF. The unit walked into many towns at the time, and the enemy had simply melted away.

If they decimated the enemy, how come the enemy can still launch attacks?

Asides politics, there are many unfortunately un-avoidable reasons why BHT is still active. The terrain favours the terrorists.

We need to change our tactics, with a more mobile, heavily armed army with constant air support, we can limit the capability of BHT to launch whole sale attacks like we saw in Jili.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2018
bidexiii:

Abii now.... grin

Such is the nature of COIN; It doesn't mean we are not winning these war. Even if the pace is gradual, slow and steady wins the game.
Well, i don't see the US routing the Taliban, and it's been nearly 15years of fighting.

BHT despite the setbacks suffered by the army is a spent force. We have made tremendous gains in the first against terror. The fact that IDPs can return to their homes is testament to that.

People freaking out over the attack on the base should remember that 2014 was hell on earth for the Nigerian army.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
Bull,
Henry you of all people should know that I am not here to waste mine or anybody's time. We had several differences of opinions in our beegeagles blog days and you know what has come to fruition and what has not.

Please if you are in touch with beegeagle, ask him to make our entries in his expired blog accessible to us that invested the time and emotion to make em.

That way we can really analyze who's analysis was spot on and otherwise.

It would provide some gravitas and clarity in the life and death analysis we are making today.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2018
Regarding base defence

Wrote it long time ago in response to a base over run by BH in Chad or Niger I forgot

reposting

there are SOPs which should be followed to allow successful base defense.

from the video it is kind of clear that SOPs were not followed .

1.lack of defensive positions within and outside the base from which enemy advances can be stopped or destroyed or channeled into pre-prepared fire zones aka defenders area of engagement (EAs).

generally there are five kinds of defensive battle positions—primary, alternate, supplementary, subsequent, and strong point which must be factored while laying down base defense

a.The primary position is the position that covers the enemy’s most likely avenue of approach.

b.An alternate position is a defensive position that a unit occupies when the primary position becomes untenable or unsuitable for carrying out the assigned task.

c.A supplementary position is a defensive position located within a unit’s assigned area of operation that provides the best sectors of fire and defensive terrain along an avenue of approach that is not the primary avenue where the enemy is expected to attack.

d.A subsequent position is a position that a unit expects to move to during the course of the battle.

e.A strong point is a heavily fortified battle position tied to a natural or reinforcing obstacle to create an anchor for the defense or to deny the enemy decisive or key terrain.

2.lack of barriers within the base perimeter to limit and canalize penetrations by terrorist groups via forced dispersion into selected area of engagement.
Natural and man made obstacles are best utilized to canalize the attacking force into the defenders engagement areas (EAs).

3.lack of chock points. chock points increases the enemy’s vulnerability by forcing him to concentrate his forces.

4.failure to cover the barriers and chock points by necessary weapons. failure to optimally utilize existing weapons for guaranteed base defense,
that is location and direction of fire of crew-served weapons are not overlapping and supporting each other.

5.lack of locations of target reference points and pre-planned fires, as a result during surprise attack, the defenders loose precious time on target acquisition.

6.lack of external base patrols and off the base / outward perimeter forward observation posts, which would have provided early warning of any impending attack.

7.lack of reactionary force for out flanking and attacking the rear of the enemy.

8.lack of well planned Final protective fires (FPFs) which are immediately available pre-planned barriers of fires designed to impede enemy movement across defensive lines or areas.mainly indirect- fire weapons provide FPFs.

9.lack of pre-planned MANEUVER routes within the base for quick reinforcement.

10.inability to destroy equipment and ammo on failure of base defense due to no clear cut or laid down RETREAT / WITHDRAW SOP.

and many more, this is not to criticize but to help to prevent such incidents.

disclaimer: not all of the above points are relevant to the above video, some are while some are not.

also trenches do not guarantee fool proof security unless they are designed to stop a tank, terrorists always do recon missions and keep their targets under surveillance to figure out the troops defensive positions and deployment pattern and base defenses.

that is why base defense must have barriers which conceals and breaks direct line of sight observation.
further troop position and deployment must be concealed as much as possible.
sniper/spotter nests are best to counter enemy observers.

never under estimate your enemy.
they will always find a weak point.
point being you must decide the cost to be paid by the enemy while trying to breach the said weak point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
doziex:
Bull,
Henry you of all people should know that I am not here to waste mine or anybody's time. We had several differences of opinions in our beegeagles blog days and you know what has come to fruition and what has not.

Please if you are in touch with beegeagle, ask him to make our entries in his expired blog accessible to us that invested the time and emotion to make em.

That way we can really analyze who's analysis was spot on and otherwise.

It would provide some gravitas and clarity in the life and death analysis we are making today.
My brother, PMCs do not work in Nigeria. There is no success we can point to that was achieved by a PMC.

In fact the AFSF unit is a benchmark for how effective a Nigerian unit can be. I don't know how these Pakistani trained guys are fairing, but the Russia trained units are the real deal.

Not a constant propagation of PMCs.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
kikuyu1:

If you were an African defense chief what would you chose for COIN?

Me ?

I would choose my handpicked guys especially the ladies grin

Anyways I would love a platform which has maximum endurance , available on demand (not a hanger queen) and deployable from anywhere.

Knowing that u have back up is always reassuring to the men and tips the balance when things go south.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
doziex:
Eeben and co from the old SADF are mainly in their sixties now. So we are not hiring them for there physical prowess. Instead , we should be looking to tap into their concepts and experience through advise,training and mentorship relationships.

This only makes us better regardless of what one thinks of the old SADF. The UPDF we all see today especially in Amisom, their senior and mid level officers were largely mentored by STTEP.

And we all know our country. Lawmakers will hear Eeben or petraus more readily than they would a buratai.
For one, they can make a better presentation and have no political skin in the game.

When you are talking about spending an extra 1 billion dollars on defense, some SE senators are rightfully worried about python dances and not issues like helicopter borne assaults needed in the NE and middle belt states to contain the herdsmen over hilly terrain.

Please how long did Eeben contract last for?

How many men did he train?

What were his achievement?

Please answer this questions.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
Henry240:

My brother, PMCs do not work in Nigeria. There is no success we can point to that was achieved by a PMC.

In fact the AFSF unit is a benchmark for how effective a Nigerian unit can be. I don't know how these Pakistani trained guys are fairing, but the Russia trained units are the real deal.

Not a constant propagation of PMCs.
oga they do. it depends on the one u patronise. sttep did a good job and the achievements they made with the 72msf cannot be over emphasized. visit eeben 's blog and do a a thorough read up on it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jelal0007:
oga they do. it depends on the one u patronise. sttep did a good job and the achievements they made with the 72msf cannot be over emphasized. visit eeben 's blog and do a a thorough read up on it.
What achievements?

Like i stated earlier, the team hardly engaged the enemy, as the enemy merely melted away when MSF stormed the villages/towns.

That's not an achievement sir.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
Oga Henry says because idps are coming home. Omo I beg read ed donklericuzio's twitter of today and read accounts of idps reenlisting to the al barnawi groups.
Just as I told you guys years ago that towns and bases will fall when bhts adds gun trucks to its repertoire, I can tell you that al barnawi group are ready again for maneuver warfare.

So now you think sttep did nothing to bhts. GEJ national security adviser hired them and any one can watch vice news account to see how the counteroffensive came about before the postponed election.

They didn't just walk away from gworza and bama. So let's be real here.

In fact, NA goes further back with eeben's other outfit the Executive outcomes to our days in Sierra Leone . How come they neutralized the RUF in a hundred days and we spent 10 years plus and could never contain them?

My friend it boils down to superior equipment and tactics. We didn't take advantage to learn then, you guys say we got nothing to learn now.
Go figure. I wonder why Nigeria is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
bidexiii please visit eeben barlow's blog and do a thorough read up on it. as for you dumb 1diot (SternProphet ) who claims to have a high iq but keeps speaking trash, learn to disagree without resorting to insults. how much equipment did eeben barlow, his team and the 72msf have (besides mraps,aa guns and limited air support)when they dealt deadly blows to BH b4 they left in 2015? something is amiss here.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
doziex:
Oga Henry says because idps are coming home. Omo I beg read ed donklericuzio's twitter of today and read accounts of idps reenlisting to the al barnawi groups.
Just as I told you guys years ago that towns and bases will fall when bhts adds gun trucks to its repertoire, I can tell you that al barnawi group are ready again for maneuver warfare.

So now you think sttep did nothing to bhts. GEJ national security adviser hired them and any one can watch vice news account to see how the counteroffensive came about before the postponed election.

They didn't just walk away from gworza and bama. So let's be real here.

In fact, NA goes further back with eeben's other outfit the Executive outcomes to our days in Sierra Leone . How come they neutralized the RUF in a hundred days and we spent 10 years plus and could never contain them?

My friend it boils down to superior equipment and tactics. We didn't take advantage to learn then, you guys say we got nothing to learn now.
Go figure. I wonder why Nigeria is Nigeria.
God bless you brother. u see what I am seeing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
Henry240:

What achievements?

Like i stated earlier, the team hardly engaged the enemy, as the enemy merely melted away when MSF stormed the villages/towns.

dude that's not true.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jelal0007:
dude that's not true.
You are entitled to your own opinion.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

Please how long did Eeben contract last for?

How many men did he train?

What were his achievement?

Please answer this questions.
their contact for less than 6 months,they trained a battalion size of soldiers and they had numerous achievements. please visit hus blog and do a detailed read up on it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Henry240:
You are entitled to your own opinion.
so are you.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Henry240:

What achievements?

Oh really? wow....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
81 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY HOSTS MAIDEN MULTI-AGENCY SOLIDARITY LUNCH/HAPPY HOUR

1. The General Officer Commanding 81 Division Nigerian Army, Maj Gen EO Udoh hosted a maiden Multi-Agency Solidarity Lunch/ Happy Hour at 81 Division Officer’s Mess for all Security Agencies and Parastatals in Lagos state. In his remarks, he stated that he started the platform in Rivers state as the GOC 6 Division and was spurred to initiate a similar one in Lagos state as a result of the successes achieved.
2. The GOC specified that the essence of the platform is to promote effective synergy, cooperation and collaboration that would ultimately ensure more efficient and successful discharge of individual Services, Agencies and Parastatals mandate in Lagos state.
3. General Udoh added that, Services, Agencies and Parastatals are equal stakeholders within the security architecture of our dear country and in the true spirit of division of labour; our respective Services and Agencies and Parastatals were established to deliver certain mandates that ultimately border on the security of Lagos state and our dear nation at large. The Multi-Agency Solidarity Lunch/Happy Hour will be hosted rotationally monthly. The COMPOL, Lagos state opted to be the next host. Present at the occasion were heads of Services, Agencies and Parastatals in Lagos.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jelal0007:
their contact for less than 6 months,they trained a battalion size of soldiers and they had numerous achievements. please visit hus blog and do a detailed read up on it.

This is where the problem is. You were misinformed and you started saying rubbish. Quoting a business man whose contract was not renewed after 3 months.

That guy trained just 100+ soldiers and the achievement of the 72 mobile strike force he set up can't be compared to that of AFSF that were trained in Ukraine and Russia. AFSF was the group that made the achievement we have today and they are still present in the north east kicking boko haram's ass.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
PRESS RELEASE
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE FIGHTER AIRCRAFT NEUTRALIZES BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS AT BULAGALAYE, KWAKWA

1. The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, on 15 July 2018, successfully neutralized several Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) at BULAGALAYE and KWAKWA, both in BORNO State. The successful air strikes on both locations were a result of efforts to trail and neutralize fleeing terrorists after Nigerian Army (NA) troops had repelled the attack on their location around BAMA. Upon receiving reports of the attack, the ATF scrambled an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform and the Alpha Jet aircraft to locate the fleeing terrorists. Consequently, the insurgents, who were seen assembled at a staging area in BULAGALAYE, began to disperse upon sighting the attack platforms. However, the NAF fighter aircraft acquired and attacked the fleeing insurgents with bombs and rockets. As a result of the air strikes, the BHTs were neutralized while their vehicles and weapons were destroyed, leading to a thick cloud of black smoke.

2. Intelligence reports later revealed that a smaller bunch of the BHTs had re-assembled in a settlement known as KWAKWA. Accordingly, the ATF conducted a wave of strikes on the location. Overhead KWAKWA, the ISR platform successfully identified the terrorists’ location and vectored the attack platforms to the target area, which was attacked with bombs and rockets. Some of the terrorists were seen fleeing towards a nearby settlement and further attacked with rockets and then neutralized. The Air Task Force will continue to conduct missions in support of the efforts of our troops in the counterinsurgency operations in the Northeast while also providing Close Air Support when requested to do so.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public
Relations & Information

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
bidexiii:
81 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY HOSTS MAIDEN MULTI-AGENCY SOLIDARITY LUNCH/HAPPY HOUR

1. The General Officer Commanding 81 Division Nigerian Army, Maj Gen EO Udoh hosted a maiden Multi-Agency Solidarity Lunch/ Happy Hour at 81 Division Officer’s Mess for all Security Agencies and Parastatals in Lagos state. In his remarks, he stated that he started the platform in Rivers state as the GOC 6 Division and was spurred to initiate a similar one in Lagos state as a result of the successes achieved.
2. The GOC specified that the essence of the platform is to promote effective synergy, cooperation and collaboration that would ultimately ensure more efficient and successful discharge of individual Services, Agencies and Parastatals mandate in Lagos state.
3. General Udoh added that, Services, Agencies and Parastatals are equal stakeholders within the security architecture of our dear country and in the true spirit of division of labour; our respective Services and Agencies and Parastatals were established to deliver certain mandates that ultimately border on the security of Lagos state and our dear nation at large. The Multi-Agency Solidarity Lunch/Happy Hour will be hosted rotationally monthly. The COMPOL, Lagos state opted to be the next host. Present at the occasion were heads of Services, Agencies and Parastatals in Lagos.

That guys mouth smiley smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

This is where the problem is. You were misinformed and you started saying rubbish. Quoting a business man whose contract was not renewed after 3 months.

That guy trained just 100+ soldiers and the achievement of the 72 mobile strike force he set up can't be compared to that of AFSF that were trained in Ukraine and Russia. AFSF was the group that made the achievement we have today and they are still present in the north east kicking boko haram's ass.

the rubbish here is you and the trash coming out of your mouth. did any1 compare 72msf to the AFSF? m0r0n. and says who he trained just a 100+?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy too much Gucci boys in the field.
its time eeben and his guys return and complete their work.

their is nothing more annoying than lie peddlers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

the just 100+ trained soldiers achieved alot that even BHT will not forget.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jelal0007:
the rubbish here is you and the trash coming out of your mouth. did any1 compare 72msf to the AFSF? m0r0n. and says who he trained just a 100+?

Please, someone should help this guy out. Am sure this guy has a problem.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
lionel4power:

That guys mouth smiley smiley

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

Please, someone should help this guy out. Am sure this guy has a problem.
actually u're d one who needs help here. u've got a very big problem with comprehension.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
giles14:
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy too much Gucci boys in the field.

its time eeben and his guys return and complete their work.

their is nothing more annoying than lie peddlers.

not only that they insult whoever holds a contrary to theirs especially that 1d10t called SternProphet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jelal0007:
actually u're d one who needs help here. u've got a very big problem with comprehension.

I don't have your time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

I don't have your time.
do I look like I have yours? u insult people without putting forward a better and more intuitive argument. u just spill rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Jelal0007:
do I look like I have yours? u insult people without putting forward a better and more intuitive argument. u just spill rubbish.

Show me where I insulted you and I will show you how many people you've insulted here.

I hate it when people think like fish.

You said NA should invite Eeben because he achieved a lot. Many reply that AFSF achieved more and they are still active in the North east and no need for Eeben. Mor0n like you kept on repeating the same thing and at the end of the day.

Jelal0007:

Jelal0007:

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.