Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,717 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3020211 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
allexpensive:

The first picture is me in few hours. We will be out of base for 3-4 days. Supply runs, a UAV has been assigned to sweep our route. BHT we're coming, no fear!
Godspeed, show no mercy. I will be joining for round 2 soon.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2018
allexpensive:

Thank you boss.

Supply runs to brothers on the field. IED probing, bht elements, resting etc will make it a long one.
See like you kit up.. No wonder you talk with confidence. I've no modicum of doubt that you are in special forces. May God protect you, very soon I'll join you guys in the party.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
Omololu001:
I'm already a citizen.

What's there to be patriotic about being a Nigerian Very few Nigerians are patriotic and I'm not one of them.

I'm sure you saw the way yeebos were killing abokis in aba before operation Python dance,they were stopping bus searching for abokis to kill,and they were encouraged to do more by majority of your tribe men on the internet(Facebook,nairaland etc)

Is daura a patriotic Nigerian?

I will rather fight with all my heart defending ikorodu rather than defending places like borno,kano etc. And my people are not as dumb as the kanuris fighting for Allah an Arab god

Goodbye
Ur moniker says it all.
Stop hiding and come out clean.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
Omololu001:
To the guy saying I'm in Europe, where in my post did I say I'm in Europe

There was no day I enjoyed 24/7 power supply while I lived in bariga.

I pity anybody that find himself in the wrong region or state when any of this useless killings start, and the worst part is that nobody will be prosecuted.
U surely have a serious problem. Is this the only thread on nairaland.
Go open ur own thread oga
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
allexpensive:

Fact is they have the choice to serve another nation. Don't let your brain be a waste man.
my post was in reply to that ikorodu boy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Omololu001: 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
QuietMynd:

Ur moniker says it all.
Stop hiding and come out clean.
k
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
Oga all expensive, make you go well. Again we appreciate your service and sacrifice.

Like say you be pilot, I would say, may your take offs equal your landings.

Question, what general purpose machine gun do you chaps carry along with your tavors.

Other, than the RPGs, any Atgms to neutralize enemy technicals ?

We understand if you can't answer
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2018
This multinational force Nigeria cobbled together against Bokoharam, be it funded by Nigeria alone, funded by Nigeria with assistance from third first world parties, what prevents neighboring nations from making a salaried job of it so that it's as if we are in effect funding the killing of out citizens up north?

...If you get my meaning
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
So Taliban can over run an American FOB.
Am still shocked from hearing this..is it that they don't have base awareness or all those their equipments?

Watch inside combat rescue part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6qolapshk

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
just saying it high time pix posted are watermarked.

plenty pix thief everywhere.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
bidexiii:

I don't know what they are now training at the NA DEPOT, new tactics and doctrine employed in the N.E should be thought.

The truth of the matter is experienced soldiers can't be there forever . Most of them spent 3-4-5 years in the N.E front and there morals are dropping.

The new breeds should be properly trained in COIN and mixed with the experienced one, in no time they will become professionals. And one more thing; Base defence it's not about the number of boots, riffles, stationed mortar & IFV/MRAPS/Technicals

I decided to not say anything about the SE and essentially shut up, quite some time ago.

It's apparent that SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG.

It doesn't take three tours of Iraq and Afghanistan and first hand experience of insurgency. To know what's wrong in the SE.

First question, considering the bold, how many MRAPS do we have or rather how few we have

Does the NA have a definitive IFV

The NA shouldn't be using soft skinned pick up trucks (Technicals) we are not a militia.

I saw a video it's on YouTube from SAHARA reporters with aftermath of a attack on NA forward base by Boko Haram. With dozens of Vehicle still smoldering, It's apparent and very obvious from the position of the vehicles all soft skinned what happened.

It tells me we are not progressing our casualty rate is. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

4 US soldiers were killed in Niger that incident caused huge waves of contention with a congressional investigation.

I haven't heard a ripple in our national legislature about the thousands of our casualties. We just bury the truth in the name of national security.

So I will keep quite unless I can do something and concentrate on inconsequential mundane matters. There is simply no point.

I cry for my nation

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
@Allexpensive or any other soldier..the issue of putting on different camo,...I will like to know if they had been any issue of blue on blue because of it?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ps597: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
nice page. thanks for sharing it. you can check here latest or upcoming[url] govt jobs in 2019 http://govtjobs2019.in/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ghana

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
giles14:
mass murders.

human abusers

Idiat .their urine and feces will forever be more dignified than you .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 13, 2018
BREAKING: Angry soldiers ground Maiduguri airport, threaten to shoot superiors

There is currently tension at the Maiduguri international airport in Borno state as angry soldiers are shooting indiscriminately to protest their deployment from the state capital to another local government.

The aggrieved soldiers reportedly arrived at the airport at 6pm ahead of their posting to Marte local government area.

But trouble started when they regrouped and refused to board the aircraft which ought to convey them there.

The soldiers who are of the special forces said after spending over four years in Maiduguri, they ought to be sent back to their families and not to be posted to face death.

An officer who witnessed the incident said superior officers, including Bulami Biu, general officer commander (GOC) of 7 division, were asked to stay off the airport or risk being shot.

“The second batch of pilgrims from Borno boarded their flight amid the commotion,” the source said.

“The special forces are ready for trouble. They are really angry. The superiors were asked to stay off or be killed.”

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-angry-soldiers-ground-maiduguri-airport-threaten-shoot-superiors/amp
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 4:16am On Aug 13, 2018
Things are beginning to spin out off control. Just imagine if the bhts launches an offensive on maidugri while the special forces are "rioting "

General buratai needs to quarter back this situation himself. I would strongly suggest that he should 1st DO NO HARM. No court martial.

Doing that in response to perceived injustice is potentially explosive.

These are a few steps buratai can take to give NA some breathing space.

(1) about 100 M113 APCs, 100 ratel IFVs, and helicopters are on offer from Jordan. Ship it home and let Nigerian companies and army engineers refurbish them.
Ask our friends in turkey and Egypt they could lease or gift us M60A3 tanks.

(2) recently retired enlisted men should be allowed to re enlist. Same for some recently furloughed generals.

(3) quietly hire a PMC named MPRI. To help reorganize our army and advise us on further steps to take..

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2018
doziex:
Things are beginning to spin out off control. Just imagine if the bhts launches an offensive on maidugri while the special forces are "rioting "

General buratai needs to quarter back this situation himself. I would strongly suggest that he should 1st DO NO HARM. No court martial.

(1) about 100 M113 APCs, 100 ratel IFVs, and helicopters are on offer from Jordan. Ship it home and let Nigerian companies and army engineers refurbish them.

(2) recently retired enlisted men should be allowed to re enlist. Same for some recently furloughed generals.

(3) quietly hire a PMC named MPRI. To help reorganize our army and advise us on further steps to take..

God bless Nigeria.
Which special forces?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2018
doziex:

[s](3) quietly hire a PMC named MPRI. To help reorganize our army and advise us on further steps to take..
[/s]
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21am On Aug 13, 2018
#BEAUTIFUL MONDAY MORNING

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2018
BabaOwen:
BREAKING: Angry soldiers ground Maiduguri airport, threaten to shoot superiors

There is currently tension at the Maiduguri international airport in Borno state as angry soldiers are shooting indiscriminately to protest their deployment from the state capital to another local government.

The aggrieved soldiers reportedly arrived at the airport at 6pm ahead of their posting to Marte local government area.

But trouble started when they regrouped and refused to board the aircraft which ought to convey them there.

The soldiers who are of the special forces said after spending over four years in Maiduguri, they ought to be sent back to their families and not to be posted to face death.

An officer who witnessed the incident said superior officers, including Bulami Biu, general officer commander (GOC) of 7 division, were asked to stay off the airport or risk being shot.

“The second batch of pilgrims from Borno boarded their flight amid the commotion,” the source said.

“The special forces are ready for trouble. They are really angry. The superiors were asked to stay off or be killed.”

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-angry-soldiers-ground-maiduguri-airport-threaten-shoot-superiors/amp

PRESS RELEASE

CALM RESTORED AT MAIDUGURI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PREMISES

The Theatre Command yesterday witnessed a riotous reaction from a few unscrupulous troops while conducting a redeployment of troops who are currently deployed at the Maiduguri Airport, following a directive to review troops' deployment in Maiduguri metropolis in a bid to reinvigorate the security architecture of the city.

The redeployment became expedient after a recent assessment of the security situation by the Theatre Command. Regrettably however, a few of the troops who had misunderstood the development and erroneously assumed it was going to negatively affect their rotation from the theatre of operation became agitated and reacted by firing into the air.

Calm has however been restored, as the Theatre Commander, Major General Abba Dikko has promptly taken charge of the situation after addressing and admonishing the troops.

The Theatre Command undoubtedly considers this ugly incident quite regrettable and appropriate measures are being taken to forestall a recurrence.

Members of the general public are please enjoined to remain calm and go about their normal activities as the situation has been put under firm control.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command operation Lafiya Dole

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2018
doziex:

God bless Nigeria.

Are Private Military Companies the solution to Africa’s insecurity problem?

With the exploits of some Private Security Companies notably, the Executive Outcomes, in various conflicts across the continent.

Nkanyiso Sibanda unravels the impact of Private Military Companies (PMCs) in Africa.

Read insight here>>>

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/08/are-private-military-companies-the-solution-to-africas-insecurity-problem
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 13, 2018
bidexiii:

PRESS RELEASE

CALM RESTORED AT MAIDUGURI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PREMISES

The Theatre Command yesterday witnessed a riotous reaction from a few unscrupulous troops while conducting a redeployment of troops who are currently deployed at the Maiduguri Airport, following a directive to review troops' deployment in Maiduguri metropolis in a bid to reinvigorate the security architecture of the city.

The redeployment became expedient after a recent assessment of the security situation by the Theatre Command. Regrettably however, a few of the troops who had misunderstood the development and erroneously assumed it was going to negatively affect their rotation from the theatre of operation became agitated and reacted by firing into the air.

Calm has however been restored, as the Theatre Commander, Major General Abba Dikko has promptly taken charge of the situation after addressing and admonishing the troops.

The Theatre Command undoubtedly considers this ugly incident quite regrettable and appropriate measures are being taken to forestall a recurrence.

Members of the general public are please enjoined to remain calm and go about their normal activities as the situation has been put under firm control.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command operation Lafiya Dole

very good. I hope what they complain about will be look into.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2018
BabaOwen:
very good. I hope what they complain about will be look into.

Sure.

Only if some soldiers wouldn't be court martialed after years of active front line duties.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2018
doziex:

God bless Nigeria.

The M113 is a relic first produced in 1960 not fit for purpose, it armour very suspect. How much can I procure them for $3000 or less. They are mostly used as scrap metal. If you hit an IED that's it okpari The under belly us soft even with retro kits it's far from great.

The Ratel is South African introduced in 1974 served it's time in the Angola wars.

When countries have stockpiles of obsolete and not fit for purpose equipment it's often given away to poorer countries.

WHAT AN INSULT Jordan giving us dead end museum relics and we accept them.

That equipment is RUBBISH.

Something is at work here and it's CORRUPTION. To date the NA doesn't have a definitive IFV in its armoury.

We are driving around in suicide soft skinned pick trucks.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
SAD NEWS: 12/8/18: Death Of IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) Personnel in the line of Duty.

Sequel to the Kidnapping of Sheikh Ahmad Adam Algarkawy in Rigasa area of Kaduna State on 2/8/18 and his Subsequent release after Ransom was paid. In follow up to the Case on 11/8/18 IRT Operative Arrested 2 Of the Kidnappers in a Remote Settlement inside Rigasa Forrest kaduna State. As the team were coming out of the Bush with the Arrested Kidnappers, Other Gang-members hiding inside the Bush Ambushed the IRT team and Opened fire which Resulted to the death of 4 IRT Operatives Namely:

1. AP/No. 148333 Inspr. Benard Odibo
2. AP/No. 181539 Inspr. Mamman Abubakar
3.AP/No. 192938 Inspr. Haruna Ibrahim
4.F/No. 267815 Sgt. Emmanuel Istifanus.

Six(6) of the Deadly Kidnappers also died during the Gun-Battle. One Officer was Treated for Bullet Wound and Discharged While the remaining Officers who Survived the Ambush are in Good Health Condition. Very Serious efforts in Progress to get the Remaining killers to Justice. May their Souls Rest in Perfect Peace, Ameen.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1474711385962245&id=100002701927599

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
I'll not comment on the purported mutiny , until I hear from the horses mouth.(alexpensive).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
BabaOwen:
SAD NEWS: 12/8/18: Death Of IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) Personnel in the line of Duty.

R.I.P.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
#NN
#SBSC

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
NAF NEUTRALIZES ARMED BANDITS IN SUBUBU FOREST, BIRNIN MAGAJI, RUGU FOREST IN ZAMAFARA STATE

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Air Task Force (ATF) for OPERATION DIRAN MIKIYA has notched up another series of successful operations against armed bandits in the Northwest of the country. The successes were recorded in recent air interdiction and armed reconnaissance missions conducted from 9 to 11 August 2018, resulting in the neutralization of armed bandits in Sububu Forest, Birnin Magaji and Rugu Forest in Zamfara State.

The attack at Sububu Forest was executed on the afternoon of 9 August 2018 following the discovery of a bandits’ hideout within the Forest. Earlier in the morning on the same day, the ATF had conducted a coordinated clearance operation involving NAF Special Forces at a suspected armed bandits’ camp on the outskirts of Galadi in the Northwest of Zamfara State. During this operation, the bandits were discovered to have vacated the camp and dispersed into the nearby Sububu Forest. Consequently, the ATF dispatched a combat aircraft for armed reconnaissance to seek out and destroy the bandits. The aircraft subsequently spotted a large number of bandits within the Forest and neutralized them.

Similarly, on 10 August 2018, a combat helicopter on a reconnaissance mission spotted a group of bandits, armed with automatic weapons and mounted on motorcycles, at a location about 6km Northeast of Birnin Magaji in the Eastern part of Zamfara State. From all indications, the armed bandits were advancing for an attack on Birnin Magaji. Accordingly, another helicopter gunship was scrambled to provide additional combat support. Both helicopters effectively engaged the armed bandits and neutralized many of them.

Furthermore, on 11 August 2018, the ATF conducted another successful attack that neutralized armed bandits at Rugu Forest. The mission was initiated based on credible intelligence that a location on the fringes of Rugu Forest near Ajia, in the Eastern part of Zamfara State, was being used by the bandits as a logistics staging area for the supply of arms and ammunition. Accordingly, a fighter aircraft and helicopter gunship were dispatched to attack the location within the Forest. Upon arrival over the objective, several armed bandits were seen on motorcycles. They were attacked and neutralized in successive strikes by the 2 aircraft.

OPERATION DIRAN MIKIYA, which commenced on 31 July 2018, is an intensive air operation aimed at locating and neutralizing armed bandits with a view to stopping killings, cattle rustling and other criminal activities in the Northwest. The NAF continues to solicit useful information from the general populace to facilitate the success of the operation.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
bidexiii:

R.I.P.
the government should do something about that place called rigasa,the place is filled with Hausa/Fulani Islamic fanatics

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.