Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3046907 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
giles14:
which kind question be this,better mind yourself.

oga expensive abeg forget that question b4 dem start find you

LTGEN:
Don't answer that.

Haha! Allexpensive knows what to answer and what not to answer.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
A large group of South African Special Forces operators just before leaving their Tactical Headquarters to move out and carry out a night attack on a conventional brigade of Soviet-led forces in southern Angola, 1987. [518x349] - #army #military

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 15, 2018
Lol grin grin

U guys really got a lot of humor grin

Ordinary question, panic button Don activate cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2018
krattoss:
Lol grin grin

U guys really got a lot of humor grin

Ordinary question, panic button Don activate cheesy

Trust me ...... he answers that question, his career his at risk shocked cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:47am On Aug 15, 2018
AIR LOGISTICS SUPPORT: CDS COMMENDS NAF AS EXERCISE OMO OLOJA HOLDS IN LAGOS

The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Abayomi Olonisakin, has commended the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) for its continued delivery of credible Air Power in the North East and other parts of the country as well as across the West African Sub-Region. The CDS gave this commendation yesterday, 14 August 2018, during the Logistics Command (LC) Air Logistics Support Simulation Exercise (SIMEX) held at 631 Aircraft Maintenance Depot (631 ACMD), Lagos. The SIMEX dubbed “OMO OLOJA”, meaning "the Trader" or "Peddler of Goods", was designed on a scenario based on the need to provide rapid airlift of humanitarian relief materials to a fictitious nation of 37 provinces which had been devastated by natural disaster.

In his keynote address, the CDS, who was Guest of Honour at the event, expressed delight to flag-off such a significant exercise because of the importance of logistics to the successful conduct of contemporary military operations. “Without logistics, success cannot be guaranteed. You may plan the most audacious battle, manned by the most highly skilled personnel with the most advanced weapon systems; but if you don’t have ordinary drinking water for the troops, or lack the capacity to move men and materiel to the right place at the right time; all may come to nothing. That is why it is often said that ‘if you don’t have logistics you don’t have anything”, he said. Speaking further, General Olonisakin lauded the NAF for its robust human capacity building initiatives which had enabled the Service perform its constitutional roles creditably. He also commended the CAS for organizing the SIMEX which, he said, would further build NAF’s capacity to provide efficient and timely logistics support for the effective conduct of operations of the Nigerian Armed Forces. The CDS also seized the opportunity to thank the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, for making the modernization, re-equipping and continuous training of the Nigerian Armed Forces a top priority.

In his opening remarks, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, stressed the importance of Air Power in modern warfare not only in offensive and defensive roles but also in collection of credible and timely intelligence as well as the swift and efficient airlift of forces within and across theatres of operation. He noted that the security challenges currently facing the country and the West African Sub-Region would continue to make Air Power imperative for the effective discharge of Nigeria’s obligations in ensuring sub-regional stability, as demonstrated during the Gambian crisis. The CAS described air logistics support as one of NAF's core functions that would continue to make this possible. He added that it had become crystal clear that without air logistics support, it was virtually impossible to successfully prosecute modern warfare. Accordingly, the CAS said the NAF would continue to conduct realistic, practical and functional training exercises, like Exercise OMO OLOJA, to ensure it was fully prepared to provide necessary logistics support to meet national security imperatives as well as in support of humanitarian relief operations in aid to Civil Authority. The CAS ended by thanking the CDS for reviewing the SIMEX and providing guidance for its effective conduct.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Air Officer Commanding LC (AOC LC), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Remigius Ekeh, stated that Exercise OMO OLOJA was aimed at practicing participants in the conduct of a medium scale airlift operation with a view to enhancing coordination between operations, logistics and aircraft engineering staff for the effective and efficient execution of air logistics operations. AVM Ekeh also disclosed that similar training exercises would be conducted by other NAF Commands in line with their core functions. He thanked the CAS for choosing LC as the vanguard of these series of training exercises across the Service.

The SIMEX also featured briefings from the Exercise Director and Heads of the various Cells who gave details of their various roles in facilitating the movement of a total of 400,000 lbs of relief materials using designated aircraft and ground transportation. Highlight of the event was the loading and airlift of some consignments of relief materials by the C-130H heavy airlift aircraft.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2018
bidexiii:

Trust me ...... he answers that question, his career his at risk shocked cool
he can do that covertly if he is that scared..

Still can't figure out how he is going to be unmasked in a faceless forum... Even the so called ip address can be hidden undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:55am On Aug 15, 2018
Photos

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2018
More..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2018
Concl

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2018
Guys this Salah break is gonna be long and boring... Pls recommend any Military Action movie for me
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Guys this Salah break is gonna be long and boring... Pls recommend any Military Action movie for me
13 hours, secret solders of benghazi
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2018
krattoss:
13 hours, secret solders of benghazi
Thanks bro... But I don't know which one I have seen more between this movie and my girlfriend's nake*d boobs grin
Nice movie sha thanks again
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
Burkina Faso

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
NAF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
bidexiii:
A large group of South African Special Forces operators just before leaving their Tactical Headquarters to move out and carry out a night attack on a conventional brigade of Soviet-led forces in southern Angola, 1987. [518x349] - #army #military
Think that might be 32 battalion.....not SFs, although im only guessing here so might be wrong.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
jln115:
Think that might be 32 battalion.....not SFs, although im only guessing here so might be wrong.

Don't think so
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
bidexiii:

Don't think so
Yeah i know the article you got it from says SFs.....But in that photo there are around 70 men(way to big to be SF) and white soldiers are wearing 32 battalion camo(although hard to see in the photo)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
jln115:

Yeah i know the article you got it from says SFs.....But in that photo there are around 70 men(way to big to be SF) and white soldiers are wearing 32 battalion camo(although hard to see in the photo)
Dude, no need beating about the bush.

Just say, SA SF during apartheid, especially in the 70's mostly comprised of white men only. We all know this.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
NAF R&D
Engineering wing of the 101 Air Defence Group, Makurdi replaced the old unserviceable cathode ray tube of the F-7Ni fighter with a modern liquid crystal display, at the cost of N300,000, as against $200,000 USD, (N72m), required to purchase the same unit from abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
Support for Uniform personnel (SOUP) can cover basic supplies such as snacks, toiletries, light, cards, shaving cream and first aid kit

@Jack_Vince77 story and others is the inspiration

Let's make it happen, tnx.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
bidexiii:
NAF R&grin
Engineering wing of the 101 Air Defence Group, Makurdi replaced the old unserviceable cathode ray tube of the F-7Ni fighter with a modern liquid crystal display, at the cost of N300,000, as against $200,000 USD, (N72m), required to purchase the same unit from abroad.
Laff wan kee me when I see cathode ray tube for real do some of our aircrafts still use CRT? the rays from that shit fit penetrate pilot visor damage him eye(na joke oo).
But for real this foreign technicians are ripping their customers off haba how can one reconcile the humongous difference in cost(72m vs 200k)? No wonder Russian birds are very cheap compared to America and other western nations bird because they hardly give after purchase support/spare parts so that you will still come back to them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
bidexiii:
Support for Uniform personnel (SOUP) can cover basic supplies such as snacks, toiletries, light, cards, shaving cream and first aid kit

@Jack_Vince77 story and others is the inspiration

Let's make it happen, tnx.
The easiest way to fund this insurgency war and in extension the welfare of our troops, the government should codedly make Nigerians pay extra N1 for every litre of fuel bought. This way we can raise billions of naira. We consume about 60million litres of PMS daily, just imagine the enormous amount of money that will be generated in 6months, mind you this is excluding diesel, gas, kerosene etc oo. But this is Nigeria even if they implement it, senior men them go still corner their thing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
NNSBS showcasing their various heliborne insertion and extraction skills

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
This unit remains Nigeria most deadly unit known publicly.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
allexpensive:

This unit remains Nigeria most deadly unit known publicly.
Tell us about the secret units wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Henry240:

Dude, no need beating about the bush.

Just say, SA SF during apartheid, especially in the 70's mostly comprised of white men only. We all know this.
How was i beating around the bush? The whole SADF comprised of mostly white men?? Common knowledge......so why do i have to say it?

32 battalion on the other hand comprised mostly of black soldiers....with white officers, hence why i said the photo was probably 32 battalion.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Tell us about the secret units wink

ONSA / DHQ guys. They're not public for some reasons know to them.

The army has something like that too but these ones were drafted from already specialized units.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
allexpensive:

ONSA / DHQ guys. They're not public for some reasons know to them.

The army has something like that too but these ones were drafted from already specialized units.

If you are referring to AHQSG then we are aware of that unit, but I don’t think I’ve heard of DHQSG
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

If you are referring to AHQSG then we are aware of that unit, but I don’t think I’ve heard of DHQSG

Not ahqsg. What I'm trying to say is that they're guys used by ONSA /DHQ/MOD for covert operations. The Army has something similar runned by its leadership.
I know someone who is part of the team. He was trained in s foreign country. After serving his term in the NE, his unit and everything changed. They called him in.

We're okay here in the airforce.

I have seen documents from the top describe them as critical national assets. The SBS boys are being referred to as assets for marine terrorism or whatever.

Hope I haven't said much. I requested for permission to post on my 3 days journey so I am awaiting response.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
can this bird take fire
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
giles14:
can this bird take fire
Maybe small caliber rounds, but I doubt it has any substantial armor like dedicated attack helicopters.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Maybe small caliber rounds, but I doubt it has any substantial armor like dedicated attack helicopters.
you mean 5.56/7.62 mm?

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.