Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,366 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042850 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
BabaOwen:
the government should do something about that place called rigasa,the place is filled with Hausa/Fulani Islamic fanatics
I tell you, even Tudun Wada they are breeding ground for terrorists, to even pass there during day time is scary. And worst of it all that is where the train station is. If not for that station believe you me those areas will be an economic burden to the state. After the sharia crises of 2000 the state divided into Jerusalem(From Kaduna River down South) and Mecca (Kaduna river down North), and it have left the Northern part of the state economically desolate if not for the Central market only God knows what will become of the state.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
BabaOwen:
the government should do something about that place called rigasa,the place is filled with Hausa/Fulani Islamic fanatics

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
ugo4u:

I tell you, even Tudun Wada they are breeding ground for terrorists, to even pass there during day time is scary. And worst of it all that is where the train station is. If not for that station believe you me those areas will be an economic burden to the state. After the sharia crises of 2000 the state divided into Jerusalem(From Kaduna River down South) and Mecca (Kaduna river down North), and it have left the Northern part of the state economically desolate if not for the Central market only God knows what will become of the state.

The rate Tundun Wada is been developed is becoming faster.

Security around that area should be beefed up.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
ugo4u:

a lot of people have been killed in rigasa,and the funny thing is that most of their corpse can't even be found,I hate going there when I was in Kaduna state,fear dey always hold me.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
Rigasa is totally lawless and the state government is helpless, that's where you will see different kind of drug addicts(Codeine, shisha wewee, cocaine, shit gutter rochi) na there work finish, those yan iskas won't bat an eyelid to cut off someone's head, that's the breeding ground of religious fanatics, inshort most religious crises emanates from that axis. If not for humanity sake ehh!! I would just wish those areas are nuked because they are a burden to the state entirely.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2018
#Egyptian navy Swimmer Delivery Vehicle (Dolphin SDV-X) a US export type based on the SDV Mk.VIII Mod-1 Gator Class SDV in service with the USN SEALs, Egypt reportedly receiving some 36 Vehicle.

http://www.hisutton.com/Dolphin%20SDV-X.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2018
#Libya - After months of break, work resumed on Al-Khadim airbase used by #UAE and #France in support to #Haftar and the #LNA. A coating is being placed on the new parking area since early August.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:51am On Aug 14, 2018
#UAE build more shelters for UAV at #Assab air base in #Eritrea

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:10am On Aug 14, 2018
Exclusive: New Local Made Minesweeper Based on M-60 tank Chase & mounted on it CCTV appears with Army Forces during Counter-Terrorism operations in Northern #Sinai.
#EA.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:19am On Aug 14, 2018
EA E.O.D

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2018
BATTLE FOR AFRICA’: RUSSIA PUSHES INTO ‘FREE COUNTRY FOR THE TAKING’ IN ATTEMPT TO RIVAL THE WEST

https://www.newsweek.com/2018/08/17/russia-putin-africa-kremlin-central-republic-devastated-power-dynamic-1061066.html?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2018
Please does anyone still have the link to the 10 mins video where they talked about the improvement in the Nigeria's Army vehicles and means of transportation
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
#EA

First photo possible new delivery from Russia. That was a title on vk page one month ago. Other photos of shiny equipment, unclear if new, some certainly not(because of that cobra visible in background).

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2018
bidexiii:
#UAE build more shelters for UAV at #Assab air base in #Eritrea
According to this article I came across, China’s has managed to sell 100 MALE UCAV to countries in the Middle East and Asia.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/plus-de-100-drones-armes-wing-loong-ii-vendus-a-lexport

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
joshingjosh:
Please does anyone still have the link to the 10 mins video where they talked about the improvement in the Nigeria's Army vehicles and means of transportation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGVNShPswW0
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

According to this article I came across, China’s has managed to sell 100 MALE UCAV to countries in the Middle East and Asia.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/plus-de-100-drones-armes-wing-loong-ii-vendus-a-lexport

Not including EGYPT (North Africa)

And other types of UAV across the globe.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
bidexiii:

Not including EGYPT (North Africa)

And other types of UAV across the globe.
Egypt and KSA are highlighted in the map thing. grin somebody slept in geography class
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
NAF king air maintenance

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
PF ARA/Thunder

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Egypt and KSA are highlighted in the map thing. grin somebody slept in geography class

shocked grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NAF king air maintenance

Am happy that over 80% of aircraft maintenance is been carried out by the NAF engineering crew and in turn is saving a lot of cost for NAF.

That's why the present administration of the airforce is able to embark on a lot of projects.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
NAF

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
PF ARA/Thunder
undergoing field test
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN ARMY HOLDS COMBAT SUPPORT ARMS TRAINING WEEK

1. The Nigerian Army is set to hold its Combat Support Arms Training ( COSAT) Week in Maiduguri, Borno State from Monday 13 - Friday 17 August 2018.

2. The training week which will be hosted by the Headquarters Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery has as its theme, “Strengthening Combat Support Arms Cooperation in Contemporary Security Challenges".

3. Combat Support Arms Training week is an annual event for the combat support units of the Nigerian Army to brainstorm, share and exchange ideas.

4. Activities lined up for the week-long event include lectures, discussions, simulations exercises and display of new innovations by Combat Support Arms.

5. The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai, senior military officers and other invited guests are expected to be in attendance.

6. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your medium.

7. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
REMARKS BY HIS EXCELLENCY THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF BORNO STATE ALHAJI KASHIM SHETTIMA AT THE COMBAT SUPPORT ARMS TRAINING WEEK 2018 HELD IN COMMAND GUEST HOUSE MAIDUGURI FROM 13 – 17 AUGUST 2018.

Protocol
1. I would like to thank the almighty Allah for making this day a reality in our lives. Before I proceed I will like to extend a warm welcome to everyone present at this occasion. I am particularly delighted to welcome the guests from far and near that took time out of their tight schedules to be here with us this morning, the distinguished senators representing Borno State at the National Assembly, our royal father, the Shehu of Borno, the Chief of Army Staff, heads of other security services, senior officers of the Nigerian Army both serving and retired and other personnel of the Nigerian Army.

2. Today, as we all know commences the Nigerian Army Combat Support Arms Training Week 2018. It is an annual training exercise carried out by the Combat Support Arms of the Nigerian Army that provide an avenue for both their serving and retired officers and other scholars to come together, share ideas, experiences and proffer solutions to security challenges as it affects the military and the National Security of our dear nation. Our nation today is faced with various security challenges such as banditry, kidnapping, farmers/herders clashes insurgency, armed robbery among others. Avenues like this provide the platform to discuss these issues and find possible ways to unravel them.

3. I would like to express my deep appreciation therefore to the Chief of Army Staff for yet another consideration to hold the Combat Support Arms Training Week 2018 here in Borno State. Last month precisely on 6 July 2018, the Nigerian Army Day Celebration was held in Monguno here in Borno State. Likewise, last year in July, the Nigerian Army Small Arms Competition was held at Lt Col Abu Ali Military Range Bama also in this state. These are in addition to other numerous training activities that has been held in Borno State by Nigeria Army. All these are quite commendable and have helped the world to know that peace has returned to the state.
I sincerely wish to thank the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari for his immense support in ensuring that insurgency is defeated in Borno State and the Nation at large.

4. On behalf of the government and the entire people of Borno State, I wish to thank and congratulate the Nigerian Army for its continuous support and well deserved successes in the war against the Boko Haram Insurgents and other internal security challenges. It is my prayers that God will continue to protect and guide all personnel of the military and other security agencies working day and night to bring back lasting peace in Borno State and the nation at large.

5. May God continue to bless the President, the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies and the good people of Nigeria. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen I wish you all a successful training week, peaceful and eventful stay in Borno State. On this note, I have the singular honour to declare the Combat Support Arms Training Week 2018 open. Thank you and God bless.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
WELCOME ADDRESS BY THE COMMANDER CORPS OF ARTILLERY MAJ GEN AA TARFA CMH(2) GSS psc(+) ndc (PAK) fdc(+) NASM FCAI FIIPS MNIM MSc FOR COSAT 2018 AT MAIMALARI CANTONMENT MAIDUGURI FROM 13 – 17 AUGUST 2018

PROTOCOL

1. It gives me, officers and men of the Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery great pleasure and honour to host the COSAT Week 2018. On behalf of commanders, officers and soldiers of the Combat Support Arms, I would like to welcome all present here to this important occasion. I am particularly delighted to welcome the Executive Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Bukar Shettima, our distinguished Senators representing the 3 Senatorial Districts of Borno state. Our Royal Father, the Shehu of Borno. It is also my honour and privilege to welcome to this event, our ever supportive and indefatigable Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai. I welcome the heads of sister agencies and other security services here. I am equally happy to welcome senior officers both serving and retired as well as all participants to this COSAT Week.

2. Over the years, COSAT Week has provided the Combat Support Arms of the NA a veritable platform to showcase their state of combat readiness as well as to review operational strategies to better support the combat arms in all operations. Furtherance to this tradition and in realisation of this current operational challenges, the theme of the COSAT Week 2018 as approved by the COAS is “Strengthening Combat Support Arms Cooperation in Contemporary Security Challenges”. This theme underscores the need for improved synergy among Combat Support Arms to ensure final defeat of Boko Haram in the ongoing counter-terrorism and counter insurgency operations and other Internal Security challenges.

3. The lectures, discussions and all other activities during this COSAT Week will therefore be tailored towards achieving this objective. In addition to the series of lectures and discussions, there will also be a Simulation of how synergy could positively influence information management, target acquisition, common operational picture as well as prompt decisive action in furtherance to military operations. The simulation exercise will be combined with a low level static display of recent Research and Development innovations by the Combat Support Arms.

4. It is pertinent at this point, to recognise the numerous successes achieved by various exercises embarked upon by AHQ to bring about peace in the country. Some of these exercises among others include: Exs PYTHON DANCE, CROCODILE SMILE, AYEM AKPATUMA, HARBIN KUNAMA and Op LAST HOLD here in Northern Borno. All the combat support Arm Participated actively in all the NA operations and exercises. We will continue to work and train accordingly for the success of future NA operation and exercises.
5. It is equally important to acknowledge the COAS doggedness to ensure the full operationalization of the Combat Support Arms by providing the required resources and equipment that has further smoothen the operations of the Combat Support Arms.

6. The NACA has particularly benefited from the COAS resolve to tremendously improve the operational responsiveness of the NA. The Corps has witnessed the creation of conducive working environment with the building and development of infrastructures in Kontagora, Kachia and various Arty formations and regiments across the country, procurement of new vehicles, equipment, repairs of weapons etc. Additionally, the repairs of some Shilka guns, provision of the platform for the automation system of the 155mm Oto Melara (Beguwa) guns and also the test firing of the guns. In this regard therefore, I wish to thank the COAS for these supports the corps has enjoyed. Additionally, the COSAT Week wouldn’t have been possible without the support of our amiable COAS. I wish, on behalf of the commanders, officers and soldiers of Combat Support Arms express our deep appreciation to the COAS for providing all the necessary resources for hosting the training week in addition to giving us the necessary guidance during the preparatory stage of this training week.

7. As I welcome you to this COSAT Week 2018, I will like to thank His Excellency the Executive Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Bukar Shettima for his immeasurable support to ensure the success of this event. Your Excellency Sir, you have always shown your solidarity with the NA. We are grateful to you. On this note, I welcome you once again to COSAT 2018 with the optimism that we will have a successful training week which the outcome will help chart a new course and explore avenue towards improving on our national security.
It is my singular honour and privilege at this juncture, to most respectfully invite the COAS LT Gen TY Buratai ably represented by Maj Gen AA Salihu Commander Training and Doctrine Command to the podium to make his opening remarks.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF LIEUTENANT GENERAL TUKUR YUSUF BURATAI NAM OMM(BR) GSS psc(+) ndc(BD) FCMH FNHAM BA(Hons) MA MPhil AT COMBAT SUPPORT ARMS TRAINING WEEK 2018 AT COMMAND GUEST HOUSE MAIDUGURI FROM 13 – 17 AUGUST 2018

It is with great joy that I stand here this morning to address you at the opening ceremony of the Combat Support Arms Training Week 2018. I am delighted to welcome His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shetima, Distinguished Senators and Our Royal Father, the Shehu of Borno to this occasion. I welcome the heads of sister and other security services here present. I wish to also recognize in our midst this morning our retired colleagues for finding time to be with us this morning. To other invited guests, I say thank you for your esteemed presence here this morning.

The COSAT Week is an annual event organised on a rotational basis among the Combat Support Arms of the NA in which they brainstorm to re-strategize towards combating contemporary security challenges. It is gratifying to note that outcome of previous COSAT Weeks has been instrumental in the formation of major policies for the NA. This year'straining week is coming at a time when the Nation and the military is at the threshold of completely routing out the remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists from our territory and also when the fight to eliminate other criminal elements are on top gear.

However, the activities of armed militias in recent times have become prominent, especially in areas of kidnapping, farmers/herders clashes and cattle rustling. It is against this background that I commend the choice of this training week theme which is “Strengthening Combat Support Arms Cooperation in Contemporary Security Challenges”. The Lecture topics as reflected in the Programme of Events indicates we are on track in the actualization of my vision of enhancing professionalism in the Nigeria Army through seminars, workshops, maintenance of equipment and training exercises for improved responsiveness to constitutional roles.

I am glad to state that significant progress have been made and successes recorded especially in the ongoing operations such as Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Operation LAST HOLD in the North East. Our troops have been able to carry out timely and synchronized operations in these operations, thereby denying Boko Haram terrorists and other criminals freedom of actions. This therefore calls for more efforts and synergy of all to achieve the desired end state of enduring peace that will enhance developments in the country.

The Boko Haram Terrorist group has been technically defeated. However, there is still more to be done. Therefore, we must remain focused and be proactive at all time. As Combat Support Arms, you have a major role to play in the final defeat of the Terrorists. Let me reaffirm that the current transformation within the NA is in line with my resolve to develop a highly professional, responsive and functional army capable of conducting all ground operations using own resources. We shall continue to do our best within available resources to better the welfare of personnel.

As the Year 2019 election is approaching, let me remind us that we must continue to conform to the tenets of democracy and democratic values. You must strive to remain apolitical at all times and in all circumstances. We must remain vigilant and above all, loyal to constituted authority. At this juncture, I urge you all to be frank in your deliberations and come up with workable ideas that would move the NA forward.

Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, I wish to thank the government and the good people of Borno State for the cordial relationship existing between the State and Nigerian Army. I also want to appreciate all the invited guests for making out time to be here for this training week. Finally, I thank the President,C in C President Muhammadu Buhari for providing funds for the NA to achieve the remarkable improvement enjoyed presently by troops.

On this note, it is my singular honour and privilege to invite the Executive Governor of Borno state to give his remarks and declare the COSAT Week 2018 Open. I thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
joshingjosh:
@Allexpensive or any other soldier..the issue of putting on different camo,...I will like to know if they had been any issue of blue on blue because of it?
Not that am aware off. There are different ways to signal a friendly unit.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
Geronimoe:
my post was in reply to that ikorodu boy.
I apologize for my second sentence. I have adjusted the comment boss.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
allexpensive:

I apologize for my second sentence. I have adjusted the comment boss.
what's ur take on the alleged mutiny @ the maiduguri Airport?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Don't answer that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2018
krattoss:
what's ur take on the alleged mutiny @ the maiduguri Airport?
which kind question be this,better mind yourself.

oga expensive abeg forget that question b4 dem start find you

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.