Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42640 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
smallJagaban:

BRING IT ON. ALL IBO BOTH BORN AND UNBORN GENERATION WILL SUFFER. YORUBA BURSTED IBO CHEST BEATING AT JUST CONCLUDED ELECTION. YORUBA DOESN'T MAKE MOUTH BUT SPEAKS WITH ACTION

Everyone from Kano to Auchi knows that Yoruba get mouth pass their forefathers and Na so the mouth dey swell. One slap TAWAIIIII!!! den go start to cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by iconize(m): 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

[s]Is a tribalist? Is a man who has unfailingly used as much SS and SE cast as SW cast a tribalist?

What about your own experiences since you are in the same business with him[/s]
You talk like a vacuous person. undecided
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by saintandsinnerz: 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
silverdam:
Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni

People who say they are not bigots are the worst bigots

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by holluwai(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yes! If he is a true leader then he ought not to have made that utterance! He doesn't deserve my respect. Who is he? He ain't God!

cbrass:

You are a Yoruba and you called an Oba daft? undecided
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Grandslam7(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
lastpage:

Shut da phuck-Up and address the ISSUE raised! PIRACY of "EVERYTHING in SIGHT" by the "get-rich-quick" Igbo mentality!

Fake Drugs => IGBO

Fake Spare Parts => IGBO

Piracy = > IGBO

Drug Pushing => (Largely) IGBO

Fake Electronics => IGBO

Fake Sanitary Equipments => IGBO

Why is Igbo so associated with criminality? Are they the only ones who want to make money?
I think what can be done is to take Igbos for a re-orientation program that emphasise that Money is not Everything (Eze Ego!) and that get rich-quick attitude is not good. With time, patience and hardwork, money will come.

My Igbo brothers, "All na business" .... is not true! IT is Criminality. Period!!

Lastpage!
u are extremly mad, u are trying to tell us that the yorubas are st's abi, may thunder fire all of u that hate the igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by driand(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Film maker indeed, can't even express himself in good English.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
iconize:

You talk like a vacuous person. undecided

Who cares, darling undecided
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yes
Justfollowit:

Have you any experience with him that suggested to you that he is a tribalist?

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by misspatsy(f): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
cbrass:

Are you expecting an hausa to speak Yoruba fluently in the east before? undecided
no am expecting them 2 do so in lagos n oda SW states they reside.am yet 2 see any.Hausas liv peacefully in d east without death threats y can't it b so here in lagos
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by swezenberg(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
many ibos in lagos will be out of job now..

You forgot, no ibo no lagos. Its ibo taxes that lagos is using.. The more pirated CD and fake drugs and spare parts they sell, the more money for lagos government. angry

I did not expect that from you. Fake drugs have killed many. Piracy is a lazy man's job. Fake spare parts has resulted in many untimely deaths too. I guess many wil be out of job and land in prison after May 29.

1 Like

idprincess:
Yes

And?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Middlefinger1: 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
He is a slowpoke just like his oba,and finally he should tell his oba that no igbo man would drown in the lagoon beacuse another igbo man would be there selliing life jackets
gringringrin
Nnah men, i must confess ehn maka chukwu that one no na bold is a kiiler.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by uduokirika1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
davidque007:
Kunle afolayan's complain is understandable and justified. Without any form of sentiments, we all know that the igbo boys of alaba are the ones who pirate movies,not just in lagos but all over Nigeria, I guess this is the negetive side of the igbo man's business prowess. Now this is not to say that the igbo tribe as a whole is responsible for this attrocity, its just that those who we all know who pirate movies are igbos. There are myriad igbo men and women who Are contributing immensely to Nigerias growth. Its always an error for anyone to judge a tribe by the actions of a few, its neva common to all
please who pirates chinese films to yoruba dat are in circulation?

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo: The tribe Nigeria loves to hate grin grin grin grin grin. All these are geared towards the actualization of our Nation (Biafra)

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by mikelcool(m): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
driand:
Film maker indeed, can't even express himself in good English.
don't deny his movies are awesome
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by sonnie10: 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
It is a federal crime to make bigotry comments in some countries. I believe that is what is needed in Nigeria at this point.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
And what?
Justfollowit:

And?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
idprincess:
And what?

Do you mind sharing your experience, please?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yes, I do mind. My point is not to assume he uses multiple Nigerian languages in his films because he is a liberal as opposed to it being just a good business move.
Justfollowit:

Do you mind sharing your experience, please?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by BizBayo: 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
I read the tweet over and over again, honestly this man is not tribalistic here. Did anybody noticed the word 'most' ?. It means he knows that even the Yorubas are playing parts too in piracy, but its Igbos that are leading the attack while others support. That simply what he meant.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by kakakent: 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
tohero:
I feel his pain.

Go to Alaba, you will see lot of 10 in 1 yoruba films. Not to be bias, I haven't personally see any English film which is 2 in 1 talk less of more than that.

It hurts when you show power in someone else land, oppress someone in his own land.

That is why you will see yoruba films with half of the time used for adverts! That seems to be their source of income and not (when) selling the disc.

May God Crown Our Efforts!

I wanted to ignore ur post but towards d ending I changed my mind stop trying to defend dat guy he z mischievious he could have made his claim while leaving igbos out of it simple piracy z not abt dubbing discs guy aw many times have u personally bought 100 naira discs see if u dnt buy den pirated discs won't sell even most nigerians dat av never bought any music album in 3 yrs either from itunes or even d pirated ones in d mkt still download d full albums free online from blogspots z dat not the height of piracy? come here dey insult a whole tribe dey speak english

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by ThisMeansWAR: 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
swezenberg:

I did not expect that from you. Fake drugs have killed many. Piracy is a lazy man's job. Fake spare parts has resulted in many untimely deaths too. I guess many wil be out of job and land in prison after May 29.
you can't smell sarcasm
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by emiye(m): 11:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
The pent up emotions of people being pushed to the wall and reaching the "enough is enough phase is really close". Let no one make mistake, if the ibos will not shape up, they will suffer a backlash in Lagos soonest. Someone close to me switched from initially planning to vote Agbaje to Ambode after hearing of the brouhaha from the Oba today, and gaining insight in to what the avg. ibo man sees as to supporting PDP.

How will it feel in the ears of Obi of Onitsha, if many yorubas living in the town start to make statements like Onitsha is no ones land.?

Live and let live. Yorubas are typically liberal, but must never be underestimated, more and more SW lagosians are seeing through the mind of an average Ibo lagosian. Why an average yorubaman sees a ibo man occupying political position within lag as no biggie, the conventional ibo man sees it as a domination or conquest.

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by KUNZEH(m): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
Frankmishael:
whe know his religion

useless 72 Virgins believer

just imagine this world without them + oba of Lagos =peace

Rip Kenyans 147
you are a bastard! Oloriburuku irankiran

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Rexnegro(m): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
Rilamaka:
Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?
Am not saying piracy is good o...but if he feels he can't bear it he should change profession na..to be movies producer no be force na. #change profession to where no piracy or sometin and stop ranting if u can't bear or curb them out.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Igwe2nero(m): 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
For him, i reserve my comment.its a season of blame, no wahala. He ll live to reap d fruits of his statements. one Nigeria my foot!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by bobo9ice: 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
smileysmileyYou have a good heart, pls don't let tribalism take it away from you

To be honest, I feel verry dirty having read all these Tribal stuff today... Feel so sad.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by fnep2smooth(m): 11:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tosinayoko:
igbos are becoming nuisance day by day
Your papa

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
idprincess:
Yes, I do mind. My point is not to assume he uses multiple Nigerian languages in his films because he is a liberal as opposed to it being just a good business move.

Not languages but cast undecided

Have you also forgotten that so far he has written most of his movies himself if he wanted nothing to do with it he would have minimised his introduction of Igbos or anything associated with them in his scripts

Film making for the Afolayans wouldn't be just business. Their father was one of the pioneer of films in Nigeria. The Afolayans' mums were mostly actresses hence it is kinda of a family legacy to them.

He also made mentioned that his marketer is an Igbo man and I am damn sure he is not the only Igbo working with him.

That was why I believed that he is not a tribalist undecided

Now what about your own experience?

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by smallJagaban: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
voltron:

Everyone from Kano to Auchi knows that Yoruba get mouth pass their forefathers and Na so the mouth dey swell. One slap TAWAIIIII!!! den go start to cry

NA THE SAME MOUTH MAKING WE DO UAW TO OUTSMART YOUR TRIBE.

IT'S IBO THAT WILL CRY SOON AND RUN BACK TO ALAGBO
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by EagleNest(m): 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
So sad about the ethnic profiling.
I doubt if it's only Igbos that does piracy.
Is there no government agency responsible for dealing with this problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus Shows Off Her Twerking Skills / Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri / Tiwa Savage Stuns In Flowered Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.