Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu (37313 Views)

Oyegun Got N10m To Make Abdullahi APC Spokesman - Timi Frank / PDP, Not APC, Killed Alameiseigha‎, My Husband - Magareth Alameiseigha / APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
We have always know you guys as trickish and very cunning....Regardless,we will vote our candidate and be on the alert for yoruba trouble makers.
Chai!!! Once an i.diot, always an i.diot

5 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by enzony(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
It's enough. The Igbos have been vilified enough in recent times for their democratic expression. First it was GEJ, now it's Lagos. The indigenous people of Lagos, the Yorubas, have to accept it as a sacrifice for national unity that the Igbo political power in Lagos is waxing stronger every year.

The number of federal legislators of Igbo extraction will more than double next time around. No one can do anything about that. It's democracy and democracy is all about people opinion. Since the Igbos have the numbers to effect a political change in Lagos, so be it.

These being said, I feel the Oba was speaking out of sheer anger about Igbos being able to help elect six PDP candidates into the federal legislature from Lagos, some of which are Igbos themselves.

Everybody should forgive and ignore the Oba and ensure that you exercise your constitutional democratic right by voting your conscience.

4 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by WisdomFlakes: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
OluwaChinenyenwa:
Still nonsense.
Nigerians should divide.. The hatred they have for one another can wipe out the whole country

Hope your hatred doesn't destroy you bro. Too much of hate can kill a man.

7 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by OluwaChinenyenwa: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Hope your hatred doesn't destroy you bro. Too much of hate can kill a man.
Nope.. The hatred the yorubas have for the igbos and vice versa will destroy you first

2 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by redcap: 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:
Why is tinubu not the oba
He seems to have a lot more sense than the agbero they put on the throne

Tinubu is beginning to earn my respect little by little,his response on this issue might just make me change my mind.

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by mascot87(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ndigbos should chill
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Bonapart(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu don become popular overnight with a barbaric statement... smh
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by otemanuduno: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Akiolu or not, LAGOS IS FOR APC!!!

6 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by shamecurls(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
WHY IS JIMI SELLING LAGOS STATE TO THE NDIGBOS?

Yorubas are very decent, peaceful, accommodating and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos. And Jimi Agbaje is the cause of all this.

We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU, if it is indeed true, but let us ask ourselves one important question:

WHY IS OBA AKIOLU SEEMS ANGRY WITH IGBOS?

My answers are:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY HONEST QUESTIONS TO IGBOS ARE THESE:

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT THIS IN HIS DOMAIN ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN'S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions. Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war and divisibility.
And to Jimi Agbaje, stop selling Lagos to the control of the Ndigbos because of your inordinate ambition to be governor of Lagos at all cost.

GOD BLESS YORUBA AND THE NDIGBOS

15 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Truckpusher(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Tinubu too has denied the toutish oba
What else where you expecting the real owner of Eko to say? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by udemzyudex(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jk210:

In fact there are several threads in the politics section already pointing to the fact that the whole Akiolu saga is a PDP tactic aimed at fuelling ethnic tensions and garnering votes

In one Pat Utomi testifies that the Oba is the type used to cracking crude jokes and in another there's a link to the Eze Ndigbos reply where they're all laughing& jesting.

Clearly that's not the first time the Oba's spoken to them that way. They know he's a jester and didn't take his words seriously.

Someone in PDP latched on the story and decided to politicise it.
go and explain this to all the igbos....

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by gistmelove(m): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ok oo

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by adesegun121(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oyaa jagaban don talk now...

Pdp!gs and ibos you can go and die...

Awon oniranu oshi....

Sai Buhari

sai Tinubu

sai Ambode

Sai Apc

Sai lagos

sai Awori

2 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by dozymars(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Asiwaju Tinubu you have spoken well. This is how a leader should speak. Excellent leader.

Meanwhile it is still Jimi we want. We are training at the lagoon, we have our vest ready.

8 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by kennethchidi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
true and wise reaction from asiwaju. meanwhile,Igbo's have d rite to vote anyone of their choice just like every oda Nigerian citizen.
wish d candidates best of luck.... .may the best man win!
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by MrMandilas: 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:
A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is not a member of the All Progressives Congress and cannot speak on behalf of the party.

Tinubu said this at a rally in Iganmu, Lagos, while reacting to the controversial comments of the monarch on Tuesday.

The APC National Leader, who noted that he was the first Yoruba governor to ever appoint an Igbo commissioner, said the Peoples Democratic Party, having failed to win last week’s presidential elections, were desperately trying to pull the APC into the Akiolu controversy.

He said the Coordinator of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, Ifeanyi Ubah, and the PDP leader, Bode George, were only making baseless accusations against the APC.

Tinubu said, “The oba is not a politician. His job is to accommodate all political parties, whether PDP, APC or SDP. So, what did he (Ubah) go and do at the palace?

“To you Igbos, don’t we pay your children’s school fees like others? Or is it the palace that pays for it? When we conducted an exam and a spelling competition, an Igbo boy, Ebuka, from Anambra, came first and he became the governor for one day.

“Those that won the competition three times in a row were Igbo. Ebuka was sent to Switzerland computer school and then Obafemi Awolowo University. We did not say he was an Igbo boy and he would not enjoy. He became an executive in Oando and he is now in Canada.

“Another boy, Felix, won and went to Switzerland and OAU. We paid his scholarship; we did not deny him because he is Igbo.”

In a separate statement, the Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary, Joe Igbokwe, said the monarch spoke out of anger.

He urged his kinsmen not to take out their anger on the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who knew nothing about the incident.

The statement read, “Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos is not a card-carrying member of APC. He is not a leader in the APC. He does not speak for the APC. He did not speak for Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state.

“He did not speak for our national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He did not speak for the incoming governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode. His Royal Highness is at liberty to speak for himself and he spoke for himself only.

“Lagos APC appeals to Ndigbo not to take the statement as the position of the party in Lagos. We passionately appeal to Ndigbo not to carry the statement credited to Oba Akiolu too far so as not to put a knife on things that have held us together for more than 50 years now.

“If out of annoyance, you throw your cap away, a mad man will take it and use it forever.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/akiolu-not-apcs-spokesman-tinubu-igbokwe/
But u sent hin( oba) on this errand. Game man.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Ekiseme(m): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
We yaff hear
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by elbinmanny(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
That settles it then....Let us vote for whoever we want..
yea and the oba has apilogized grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Evathyst(f): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Calm down bro. The igbos can't, and I repeat, can't determine the outcome of this election. They couldn't achieve that for GEJ Whom they love as one of there's. They were going to vote for Jimi regardless and made no secret of it even before this Akiolu controversy. With or without them Lagos will remain APC. No more opposition for Lagos.
God bless you o jare!

I wonder why pple are over-flogging ds issue as if they are the deciders of Lagos politics. Shior! Nobody should castigate Akiolu any further, igbos ain't gonna vote for APC (Plus or minus the saga). It's not their fault sha, it's doz greedy omo-onile and landlords who would rather sell land & properties to them at an exorbitant rate. Now, see the mess they av caused for themselves.

As for me, an igbo man or woman can never cross my path, else, I'll sniff him like dried snuff. lipsrsealed

Let APC just win then we show them who the owners of Lagos are.

7 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by M4gunners: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
This World hard o.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by illiad: 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Bola Tinubu have spoken well.

Its just that this Oba is also one of his handiworks.

He shouldn't have made a man like that king. A king is usually a man of extraordinary wisdom not one who would ruin the cordial relationship put in place by great great grand fathers.

I sheath my sword. And as to who I'll vote for? that decision would be made on the very day of the election.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Chinom(m): 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Aahaaaa ... at last Tinubu speaks out. Ok, we have heard you. We will consider your apology and then decide on the next step. This will not affect my voting pattern though.

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by igbsam(m): 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
That settles it then....Let us vote for whoever we want..

your brain don dey cool down abi....

it remain small for u to begin shout sai buhari
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Ilekeh(f): 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
In an attempt to make APC look bad, Oba has not only violated his role, he allowed outsiders to insult the throne.

What a shame.

Jimi Agbaje, Ijekuje. Is this how you want to sell your forefather's land?

5 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by mcprince32(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jimi Agbaje is the man for the Job. Give him the chance. Ekoo'o nibaje oo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by dunkem21(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
What else where you expecting the real owner of Eko to say? grin grin

grin grin
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by mascot87(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jwonder:
All i see is ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because the Igbo's are adventurous and successful in their land that's why they are angry. An average yoruba man will never leave his father's house to seek for greener pastures else where, all u hear from them is "ILE BABA Mii" smh..Lazy folks.. They prefer going to the garage to collect money they didn't work for. Whether the yoruba like it or not all i know is that its ENVY that is bringing all this, if not, then why have they singled out igbo people to pour their hate on..don't we have Calabar, Niger Deltans and hausa's in Lagos.. Why must it always be "THE GREAT IGBO PEOPLE"

If you like Quote me and say rubbish that's you own wahala, have said my own...

Keep quiet u foolish goat. Why all d ranting like a pyscratic patient

11 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by dannex(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
CyberWolf:
This response is classic..I've always admired Tinubu since the days of OBJ..He should compel the Oba to tender an undeserved apology before we take him serious because I know that those Igbo kids that are beneficiaries of Lagos scholarship scheme will not be happy with the Oba's statement..#ObaAkioluMustApologize cheesy
u beta no allow d oba talk agn so dat he wud not spew out rubbish agn. #pdpcannotwinlagos

2 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by wanimo: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whether hiss is a politician or not, he said he single handedly picked Ambode for d politicians. Maybe the Oba has ulterior motives and agreements with Ambode. Igbos beware.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by meforyou1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Igbo Lagosians have spoken. It's Jimi all the way. Let's see how the benin subject akiolu will drown us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Dasuki Aided Importation Of Illegal Arms Into Nigeria – NATFORCE / Rescued Dapchi Schoolgirls Airlifted To Abuja To Meet With Buhari. Photos / Saraki: Timi Frank Writes To UN, Accuses Buhari Of Persecution, Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.