Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu (37309 Views)

Oyegun Got N10m To Make Abdullahi APC Spokesman - Timi Frank / PDP, Not APC, Killed Alameiseigha‎, My Husband - Magareth Alameiseigha / APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by anigold(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:
A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is not a member of the All Progressives Congress and cannot speak on behalf of the party.

Tinubu said this at a rally in Iganmu, Lagos, while reacting to the controversial comments of the monarch on Tuesday.

The APC National Leader, who noted that he was the first Yoruba governor to ever appoint an Igbo commissioner, said the Peoples Democratic Party, having failed to win last week’s presidential elections, were desperately trying to pull the APC into the Akiolu controversy.

He said the Coordinator of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, Ifeanyi Ubah, and the PDP leader, Bode George, were only making baseless accusations against the APC.

Tinubu said, “The oba is not a politician. His job is to accommodate all political parties, whether PDP, APC or SDP. So, what did he (Ubah) go and do at the palace?

“To you Igbos, don’t we pay your children’s school fees like others? Or is it the palace that pays for it? When we conducted an exam and a spelling competition, an Igbo boy, Ebuka, from Anambra, came first and he became the governor for one day.

“Those that won the competition three times in a row were Igbo. Ebuka was sent to Switzerland computer school and then Obafemi Awolowo University. We did not say he was an Igbo boy and he would not enjoy. He became an executive in Oando and he is now in Canada.

“Another boy, Felix, won and went to Switzerland and OAU. We paid his scholarship; we did not deny him because he is Igbo.”

In a separate statement, the Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary, Joe Igbokwe, said the monarch spoke out of anger.

He urged his kinsmen not to take out their anger on the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who knew nothing about the incident.

The statement read, “Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos is not a card-carrying member of APC. He is not a leader in the APC. He does not speak for the APC. He did not speak for Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state.

“He did not speak for our national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He did not speak for the incoming governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode. His Royal Highness is at liberty to speak for himself and he spoke for himself only.

“Lagos APC appeals to Ndigbo not to take the statement as the position of the party in Lagos. We passionately appeal to Ndigbo not to carry the statement credited to Oba Akiolu too far so as not to put a knife on things that have held us together for more than 50 years now.

“If out of annoyance, you throw your cap away, a mad man will take it and use it forever.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/akiolu-not-apcs-spokesman-tinubu-igbokwe/

the fear of igbo"s votes is the beginning of wisdom for lagos APC.

sorry this is medicine after death,the non-yorubas in Lagos will likely vote for PDP,the last presidential election taught us that TRIBAL POLITICS is the new trend during election..

2 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by otemanuduno: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:

Look,whatever it is,my advise to the Ambode campaign team is to go do person to person,house to house,neighbour to neighbour campaign,this has done much more damage than what condemnation of the oba cn resolve.

Ambode to me is a better candidtate and its best the apc wins lagos to atleast reap all their investment in the opposition over the years,but as things are,he would sure lose if something more pragmatic isn't done..

Thing is plenty indigenes and non idigenes who are not igbo do not plan to vote,so imagine a case where igbos in their large numbers turn out to vote against him.hmm

Igbos are not up to 200 thousands in Lagos so they can't determine Lagos vote. To check this out, just call thirty boys around you like this:

You: IBO boy come here
Boy1: me no be IBO. I be confirm Benin boy.
Boy2: me na carabar o. I dey go function
Boy3: Me na confirm Benue guy. Abeg I wan go chao lem.

You will be very lucky seeing 2 IBOs out of thirty people you pick at random.

3 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Durchmann(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
elbinmanny:
yea and the oba has apilogized grin

Lol...

How funny can this get again jare?

Diaris Goduo!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by wealth123: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
taharqa:
I thought some fooooolish APC e-Clowns were saying yterday that the statement from the irresponsible 'oba' didn't mata and we're even defending him.

Why are the real APC chief-Clowns now desperately trying to do damage control and denying the 'oba'?? Why them cone dey beg beg now??

Una nova See anything

Go and sit down, nobody is begging you. Go and vote for Agbaje, AMBODE will still win. You could not deliver Lagos for GEJ who is your half brother. Is Agbaje from Onitsha or Umuahia? He is a Lagosian. So vote wisely and join the WINNERS. IF you like sha Go and waste your vote.

9 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by oluwafemim(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:

Look,whatever it is,my advise to the Ambode campaign team is to go do person to person,house to house,neighbour to neighbour campaign,this has done much more damage than what condemnation of the oba cn resolve.

Ambode to me is a better candidtate and its best the apc wins lagos to atleast reap all their investment in the opposition over the years,but as things are,he would sure lose if something more pragmatic isn't done..

Thing is plenty indigenes and non idigenes who are not igbo do not plan to vote,so imagine a case where igbos in their large numbers turn out to vote against him.hmm
No damage,no damage @ all.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by ZUBY77(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hahaha

Oba said the truth about how he felt...

Tinubu just confirmed that Oba is not a liar..

Well I have always known that politicians are liars..
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by freeborn76(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Enough of all this Oba said this or that jare! Igbos are perpetual sulkers; they are still sulking about a civil war that was fought nearly fifty years ago and now they want something new to latch on. The Yorubas have all come out in unison to condemn the Oba's gaffe, if the Igbos are still not satisfied, they can buzz off! At least Yorubas were honest enough to admit one of their own was wrong; if it was the other way round, the Igbos wouldn't have done same. Tell me any state in the entire southeast where we have a non-Igbo as commissioner, yet we have Igbos as commissioners in Lagos, Kano and Kwara States. Igbos just enjoy the victim attention they get, y'all need to get a life jare! If you like vote JK, all we know is that Ambode will emerge winner. If you want to flex muscle go and determine who become governor of Abia state. Mstcchwwwww!

16 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by adexeli(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lol.. Una don dey push am away.. But wait was the 'oba' high on wet weed?? undecided
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by aspirebig: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Story...

The deed has been done, no amount of damage control put in place will stop the Igbos from voting for Jimi. He even look more learned, humble, soft spoken, matured and presentable compared to his area boy opponent. Only area boys have area men godfathers and oba. It is the bitter truth.

We all witnessed when Jimi lost Lagos state gubernatorial elections twice to BRF, no Igbo died in Lagoon.Even,PDP with all their issues, they didn't threaten anyone.

Who even made that man Oba in the first place?

Obviously, he had soiled his hands to be in that position, someone who is a meritorious king will never speak like that.Never.

This is 2015 and not 1966, the Oba ought to learn from Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
my igbo brothers.. please for once in your lives. ignore the lure of money and promises that you know has never been fulfilled. use your brain and vote for your future and yours alone. do not sell your brothers into slavery like you did in the past and wasted generations of great igbo children. that monumental moment has arrived at your doorsteps once again. VOTE WISELY because the meat you eat now to satisfy your personal greed will be carved out of the belly of your grandchildren long after you are dead and cannot tell them why you did what you did. The evidence has been in your hands for over 16 years now.. VOTE WISELY or forever be damned to drown in the OBA's river tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by oluwafemim(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
taharqa:
I thought some fooooolish APC e-Clowns were saying yterday that the statement from the irresponsible 'oba' didn't mata and we're even defending him.

Why are the real APC chief-Clowns now desperately trying to do damage control and denying the 'oba'?? Why them cone dey beg beg now??

Una nova See anything
Sai Buhari
Sai APC
Sai Ambode

5 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by tochstorm(m): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
tiffnubu don deny am chap chap! just wait for fashola turn.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
For this single comment from Tinubu i will be voting Akinwumi Ambode on Saturday. Sheathe your sword Umu-Nnam, ka anyi gba-ara biko.

Ekelem unu oo

8 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by wealth123: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
That settles it then....Let us vote for whoever we want..

Vote for AMBODE he is a better role model than your FAYOSE.

5 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jagaban is no doubt a brilliant politician! This response is more statesmanly than all the high-pitched nonsense we've been hearing for the past 24 hours. Common sense prevailed at last!

3 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by docconceptscom: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
true is not a politician

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by lovat(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
MzJackbauress aka berem has not been commenting on this issue? Hope no p baby
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by tochstorm(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
oluwafemim:

Sai Buhari
Sai APC
Sai Ambode
relax and drink yoyo bitters. that day i will shout sai!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... KO-WA!
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Gracyel(f): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

That highlighted portion was quite unnecessary
It belittles the message he was trying to pass on,that is besides the point.

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:
A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is not a member of the All Progressives Congress and cannot speak on behalf of the party.

Tinubu said this at a rally in Iganmu, Lagos, while reacting to the controversial comments of the monarch on Tuesday.

The APC National Leader, who noted that he was the first Yoruba governor to ever appoint an Igbo commissioner, said the Peoples Democratic Party, having failed to win last week’s presidential elections, were desperately trying to pull the APC into the Akiolu controversy.

He said the Coordinator of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, Ifeanyi Ubah, and the PDP leader, Bode George, were only making baseless accusations against the APC.

Tinubu said, “The oba is not a politician. His job is to accommodate all political parties, whether PDP, APC or SDP. So, what did he (Ubah) go and do at the palace?

“To you Igbos, don’t we pay your children’s school fees like others? Or is it the palace that pays for it? When we conducted an exam and a spelling competition, an Igbo boy, Ebuka, from Anambra, came first and he became the governor for one day.

“Those that won the competition three times in a row were Igbo. Ebuka was sent to Switzerland computer school and then Obafemi Awolowo University. We did not say he was an Igbo boy and he would not enjoy. He became an executive in Oando and he is now in Canada.

“Another boy, Felix, won and went to Switzerland and OAU. We paid his scholarship; we did not deny him because he is Igbo.”

In a separate statement, the Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary, Joe Igbokwe, said the monarch spoke out of anger.

He urged his kinsmen not to take out their anger on the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who knew nothing about the incident.

The statement read, “Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos is not a card-carrying member of APC. He is not a leader in the APC. He does not speak for the APC. He did not speak for Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state.

“He did not speak for our national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He did not speak for the incoming governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode. His Royal Highness is at liberty to speak for himself and he spoke for himself only.

“Lagos APC appeals to Ndigbo not to take the statement as the position of the party in Lagos. We passionately appeal to Ndigbo not to carry the statement credited to Oba Akiolu too far so as not to put a knife on things that have held us together for more than 50 years now.

“If out of annoyance, you throw your cap away, a mad man will take it and use it forever.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/akiolu-not-apcs-spokesman-tinubu-igbokwe/

Asiwaju, Not all that roam the streets are sane, The Oba is APC, how else would one explain his role in the emergence of Ambode as the Party's flag bearer?
Why blame Ifeanyi Ubah? He led an igbo delegation to the palace on a Thank you/ Solidarity visit. I believe Tinubu shall soon blame Bode George the day Madam Remi's soup turns out salty.
The response hasn't done anything to undo the damage.
I advise Asiwaju, Ambode and co to invite the same set of Igbo Igwes and Chief for a fence mending meeting after the PBA must have personally apoligised.

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by igboboy3(m): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
gbam
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Sanuzi(m): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Then he should work underground and stand neutral then
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by tochstorm(m): 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
i am voting mama bolanle. of acpnh. you know the parry?
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by eightsin(m): 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tinubu should just keep quiet if that's all he has to say about this issue.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Suspect33(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
When will yorubas have sence?? angry
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by mcprince32(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
shamecurls:
WHY IS JIMI SELLING LAGOS STATE TO THE NDIGBOS?

Yorubas are very decent, peaceful, accommodating and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos. And Jimi Agbaje is the cause of all this.

We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU, if it is indeed true, but let us ask ourselves one important question:

WHY IS OBA AKIOLU SEEMS ANGRY WITH IGBOS?

My answers are:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY HONEST QUESTIONS TO IGBOS ARE THESE:

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT THIS IN HIS DOMAIN ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN'S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions. Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war and divisibility.
And to Jimi Agbaje, stop selling Lagos to the control of the Ndigbos because of your inordinate ambition to be governor of Lagos at all cost.

GOD BLESS YORUBA AND THE NDIGBOS
Has the oba become low that words are forced by Jimi Agbaje in oba's mouth? Why the blame Jimi? Its unfair.
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by PassingShot(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

That highlighted portion was quite unnecessary
It belittles the message he was trying to pass on,that is besides the point.

Most of us here think it's very apt. How come you're the only one seeing it differently?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Texcoco(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
igbsam:

your brain don dey cool down abi....

it remain small for u to begin shout sai buhari
Sai Buhari!! Sai Jimi Agbaje!!...
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by chyket(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Calm down bro. The igbos can't, and I repeat, can't determine the outcome of this election. They couldn't achieve that for GEJ Whom they love as one of there's. They were going to vote for Jimi regardless and made no secret of it even before this Akiolu controversy. With or without them Lagos will remain APC. No more opposition for Lagos.
I guess you are politically naive,Politicians like Tinubu,Ambode and co are working very hard to alleviate the damages done by this Oba of Lagos's outburst and here you are online displaying your puerile arrogance that comes from lack of political experience.No sane Politician calls the bluff of any group of prospective voters even if they are only 50 people because you can end up loosing an election by 50 votes.
Even the last Presidential Election,APC was about 700k and PDP was about 600k.If you are. a good politician,You would have realised that this was a very close call and that's why APC is working very hard currently not to loose any further ground to PDP.

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by AJORE(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
What do you expect baba to say....when lagos state is his ATM....awe don't put sand sand to my gari jaare...eko onibaje ooooooo
Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by tinuolababy(f): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
All I know is that Ambode is my next governor. Igbos can't decide for us abeg.

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Pinkieblue(f): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
This denial bad big time, they just left d man 2 stand on his 0wn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Joins #10YearsChallenge, Shares Throwback Photo / 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Visits Oba Of Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.