Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. (38498 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Bring Back Lagos – Calabar Rail Project---vanguard / Hahaha! See What A Colonial Oyibo Writer Said About ''Eboes'' (Igbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
TheOtherview:

Best you lay off Peckham before I go asymmetrical on your revisionist-behind angry

Some of our greatest offerings...

Rio Ferdinand - He has achieved 67 caps for the English national team while being selected for three FIFA World Cup squads.
Peter Mansfield - British physicist who was awarded the 2003 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discoveries concerning magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Andy McNab - Former British soldier turned novelist. McNab came to public prominence in 1993 when he wrote an account about the failed SAS mission Bravo Two Zero during the Gulf War.
John Boyega - British actor, best known for playing Moses in his 2011 film debut Attack the Block.Boyega will play Finn in the upcoming 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

#ReppingForSE15_From_The_Jump

Lol.

Even Chiwetel Ejiofor is also from Peckham, ditto the top Ghanaian conservative MP.

Stop wasting ya time on these folks, Sir. I can handle all of them! grin

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by austinvsb1(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
relchange:
it is the bounden and sworn duty of every Igbo person of age in Lagos to vote for Jimi Agbaje in this election.
this is ONE thing you can do to send a very powerful message that we cannot be intimidated by anybody in Nigeria
they wanted us to be Nigerians by force, and 3 million of our people died, mainly by starvation.
now we are Nigerians, and ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA IS OURS!

even if you did not want to vote before; even if you were planning to travel; even if you were planning to vote for APC:
please, in the name of our dead heroes in Biafra, we MUST vote for PDP, and for Jimi Agbaje.
PDP may still lose, but let us give Jimi 99.9999% of our votes.
may God bless you as you do so! cool

Oh nobody needs pathetic flatheaded votes from drug pushers and human eaters! Y'all can be sure of a hostile lagos starting from sunday though. I hope in the spirit of your strong-headedness you don't start crying wolf and playing victim then! Buffoons!

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by austinvsb1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
shymmexx:

You're a stark illiterate!

I'm British and in British English - TRIPE means: rubbish, nonsense, tosh, bollocks, etc.. Effing blinkered git! grin

I thought you said it was "tribe", despite "tribe" not fitting the context? I guess ya Igbotic accent got the best of you.

Stop writing with an accent, you obnoxious cannibal. grin

grin grin
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by munex007(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos are like jews they want to do the Jew/palestine treatment in Lagos..

Just because Lagos accomadates all tribe and demographics doesn't make it a "No man's land"

Imagine a 'Kunle' holding a portfolio in Anambra Govt (Present/Future impossible tense)

You don't like the Yorubas,You don't Like the hausa yet you keep breeding like mosquitoes in their states searching for livelihood

This matter need to be revist after election no matter who wins..We need to seperate true sons from Bastards!

Bloody Ingrateful Immigrants!!

6 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by jaysniggs: 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Balkan:
hey! Junky, how is east london? When did you get out of jail? grin grin grin

Why not go to east London to confirm?
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by flopriddy: 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode,the prime politician.A veritable template of continuance democracy.A man who has deccusate all strata of civil service treasury.Here's a man who has been part of the new Lagos,every step of the way.
Lagos has witnessed tremendous transformation in 16 yrs! Consistency and consolidation has contributed immensely to this.Thus,the lagos of our dream needs a continuity of delivery of set standards & ideologies.
Fellow lagosians,the power of continuity rest in your hands. As you exercise your franchise on saturday,vote Akinwunmi Ambode; the best man for the job.
Remember,We are what we repeatedly do.Excellence,then,is not an act,but a Habit.
Vote APC!!! Vote Continuity!!!

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
shymmexx:
[s][/s]

Lmao @ "tripe" a general English word, used mostly by middle class and educated Brits, being a Peckham word. grin

You're an effing stark illiterate - and I doubt you've ever left ya erosion ridden red land in South East, and it's obvious due to the fact that you write with an accent.

Yes, when you enunciate "tripe" as "tribe" and write it down - that's writing with an accent, you despicable bonobo. grin

On the contrary, I have been to more places than you, not to brag. Try using the word "Tripe" to an american and guess the face he/she would make at you. Between the two of us, you sound of as the illiterate, always writing like you are rapping. Including female genitals into your comments, reveals the morals instilled in you by your poor background. I also schooled in the UK - Oxford Brooks University, so I know your type very well. The very low class Peckham background roaming the streets looking for whom to devour. The classless blacks giving Nigeria a dirty name.

Please take this as a free lesson. You do not write with an accent, you speak with an accent.

Una no go gree wan go school; na gangsta full una braincells.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Jaydenphoenix: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
I can't laugh men...
enough drama on this thread....
agbaje can't crown an igbo king in Lagos. Everyone knows that....it would be political suicide.

The ibos alone can't give him enough votes to win. Politicians using tribe to manipulate Nigerians.

On APGA's claim that Lagos is no man's land....Remind me to reply when the party becomes politically relevant in Lagos cos as we all know silence is the best answer for a .........

Exactly!!!!

6 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by austinvsb1(m): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:

Igbos don't care who wins una governorship. Our headache right now is to see if that your oba threat is not Yoruba usual loud mouth.

Whether jimi or ambode wins, it does not concern us cause neither are igbo

What concern us is we better see water jumping up and swallowing every igbo that votes for JK, if we don't see it we go know una threats are what it is as always BASELESS.

Come Saturday we will be watching. We better see that lagoon come up oh. We better here story oof people witnessing igbo getting swallowed by water immediately they are done thumb printing. We better see it oh. Let's see that strength of una useless backwards oba

And your lowliest okanigbo group (whatever name they call them) that gave the oba 48hours ultimatum to tender an apology should come and unseat him as he refused to say sorry or they are just chestbeating bast.ards from their whoring mothers! Useless drug pushers and granny rapists!
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OrigamiIII: 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Then you have to convince me how:
1. Port Harcourt is an ikwerre or ijaw name.
2. Calabar is efik in origin.

if you can convince me on the above then I will accept your point of reasoning. The indigenous people of lagos are the yorubas of awori, ijebu and egba tribes.
Oshodi, Ikoyi, lekki, ojo, apapa, yaba etc are all awori names in origin and dialect. Ikorodu, epe, ojota, etc are ijebu in origin and dialect. All other numerous parts of lagos were indigenously yoruba.
With your persistent desire to attach yourself to lagos, the hitherto accommondating yorubas have come to realise that your ilks are the main enemy within. The day of reckoning is fast approaching when you will be compelled to wallow in regrets and shame of your foolish intent.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
I thinks, we gona start producing Igbo must go bag

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
TheOtherview:

Best you lay off Peckham before I go asymmetrical on your revisionist-behind angry

Some of our greatest offerings...

Rio Ferdinand - He has achieved 67 caps for the English national team while being selected for three FIFA World Cup squads.
Peter Mansfield - British physicist who was awarded the 2003 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discoveries concerning magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Andy McNab - Former British soldier turned novelist. McNab came to public prominence in 1993 when he wrote an account about the failed SAS mission Bravo Two Zero during the Gulf War.
John Boyega - British actor, best known for playing Moses in his 2011 film debut Attack the Block.Boyega will play Finn in the upcoming 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

#ReppingForSE15_From_The_Jump

No doubt, some folks from Peckham have made something good out of their lives but a wide majority, like the child shymmex, still roam the streets. I must confess, I dread Peckham. No offence, but the honest truth.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Alfamann: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
munex007:

Just because Lagos accomadates all tribe and demographics doesn't make it a "No man's land"

Imagine a 'Kunle' holding a portfolio in Anambra Govt (Present/Future impossible tense)

You don't like the Yorubas,You don't Like the hausa yet you keep breeding like mosquitoes in their states searching for livelihood

This matter need to be revist after election no matter who wins..We need to seperate true sons from Bastards!

empty barrelled loud mouth

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
munex007:

Where are you from? An honest question.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by TheOtherview: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
shymmexx:

Lol.

Even Chiwetel Ejiofor is also from Peckham, ditto the top Ghanaian conservative MP (Adam Afriyi).

Stop wasting ya time on these folks, Sir. I can handle all of them! grin

True - that - brethren.
I am just sick to the teeth of seeing loons take potshots at the South Side. grin

What folks don't seem to get is that, Peckham has a fair share of famous people whose acclaim dwarfs any notoriety it has achieved over the years. Extend the range to Southwark, further still, and check out some of the world's greats grin -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Southwark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yraDEKFJhc
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

[s]On the contrary, I have been to more places than you, not to brag. Try using the word "Tripe" to an american and guess the face he/she would make at you. Between the two of us, you sound of as the illiterate, always writing like you are rapping. Including female genitals into your comments, reveals the morals instilled in you by your poor background. I also schooled in the UK - Oxford Brooks University, so I know your type very well. The very low class Peckham background roaming the streets looking for whom to devour. The classless blacks giving Nigeria a dirty name.

Please take this as a free lesson. You do not write with an accent, you speak with an accent.

Una no go gree wan go school; na gangsta full una braincells. [/s]

Stop saving face.

Accept your error and move on. At least, you can now add another word to your limited vocabulary.

Tripe is an English word; it means rubbish.

If I were you, I would not be proud to publicly state that you went to Oxford Brookes University (You did not even spell it correctly), what happened to the better Uni next door?

Grow up boy!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
Boss13:

On the contrary, I have been to more places than you, not to brag. Try using the word "Tripe" to an american and guess the face he/she would make at you. Between the two of us, you sound of as the illiterate, always writing like you are rapping. Including female genitals into your comments, reveals the morals instilled in you by your poor background. I also schooled in the UK - Oxford Brooks University, so I know your type very well. The very low class Peckham background roaming the streets looking for whom to devour. The classless blacks giving Nigeria a dirty name.

Una no go gree wan go school; na gangsta full una braincells.
[/s]

Effing stark illiterate, if you're either more educated, successful, and have got more qualifications than me - I'll commit suicide right now. grin So, post ya CV and let's do a little d!ck-waving contest! grin

The Uni I attended for my first degree alone, should trump all ya achievements in life - and that's on everything. You're just a loutish half-baked duffer with yam extract for brain matter. grin Oxford Brooks University, yano - some glorified college, that should only be accredited for access courses. You attended freaking Oxford Brookes, yet you have the audacity to open ya putrid mouth, to challenge me, no? Stupid insolent bonobo! I'm way above ya league!

Anyway, your knowledge of history represents the half-baked qualification/education you got at ya shitty alma mater. It's not shocking, to be honest.

You write with an accent, deal with it, obnoxious stark illiterate. Else, who calls, "tripe" - tribe? grin

7 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by TheOtherview: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

No doubt, some folks from Peckham have made something good out of their lives but a wide majority, like the child shymmex, still roam the streets. I must confess, I dread Peckham. No offence, but the honest truth.

Your visceral fears - I understand.
Your ill-informed appraisal of my next brotha from the South Side - I don't.
To be clear; even his worst detractor on these boards would readily accept Shymmex's intellectual sagacity.

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

[s]No doubt, some folks from Peckham have made something good out of their lives but a wide majority, like the child shymmex, still roam the streets. I must confess, I dread Peckham. No offence, but the honest truth[/s].

Shut your mouth!

A lot of those Peckham folks write better than you.

7 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Stop saving face.

Accept your error and move on. At least, you can now add another word to your limited vocabulary.

Tripe is an English word; it means rubbish.

If I were you, I would not be proud to publicly state that you went to Oxford Brookes University (You did not even spell it correctly), what happened to the better Uni next door?

Grow up boy!

Thanks for pointing out the error. Na as my money reach. I still stand by my assertion. Tripe is Urban.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Shut your mouth!

A lot of those Peckham folks write better than you.

I doubt that. If you stay in Peckham, not my fault.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by WisdomFlakes: 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
I have it on good authority that the whole Akiolu saga was a perfectly executed plan by Ifeanyi Uba to generate exactly the reactions it has generated thus far. He knew the eccentric Oba would likely say something controversial that he (uba) could go to press with and sensationalize. You'll notice the Obis present took the comment in jest. Uba is behind it all.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
TheOtherview:

True - that - brethren.
I am just sick to the teeth of seeing loons take potshots at the South Side. grin

What folks don't seem to get is that, Peckham has a fair share of famous people whose acclaim dwarfs any notoriety it has achieved over the years. Extend the range to Southwark, further still, and check out some of the world's greats grin -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Southwark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yraDEKFJhc

Lol. They don't know.

The belly of the beast, and the forgotten part of London. They never remembered us, so we started turning pennies to pounds. Yes, we got conceited and turned on one another. Lost our mother tongue, but we became survivors - the gift and the curse.

We're Peckham boys and we shine bright everywhere we go!

Peckham, PeckNARM, Pecknizzy - spare no one - home of the brave-hearts!!!

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

Thanks for pointing out the error. Na as my money reach. I still stand by my assertion. Tripe is Urban.

Your money fail you Bro. You for spend that money on Lasu or Imo State University

Abeg go sleep. You are a semi literate tripe!

7 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
I have it on good authority that the whole Akiolu saga was a perfectly executed plan by Ifeanyi Uba to generate exactly the reactions it has generated thus far. He knew the eccentric Oba would likely say something controversial that he (uba) could go to press with and sensationalize. You'll notice the Obis present took the comment in jest. Uba is behind it all.

You do not play into the hands of your enemy. You thread softly. I would expect the Oba to assess the nature of his guest before making any utterances. He is in the news for being arrogant and political.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by TheOtherview: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

Nothing good comes out of digging deeper, when you are in a hole.

#Justsaying

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Your money fail you Bro. You for spend that money on Lasu or Imo State University

Abeg go sleep. You are a semi literate tripe!

Laughs, that is my second degree. Sorry to make you mad.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

Laughs, that is my second degree. Sorry to make you mad.

Then you are a perfect exemplification of why most Nigerian graduates have a worldwide reputation as semi literates.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by mrjojo: 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jeez!!! this thread is fucking hot, Tribalistic Banters going on like no mans business, I just pray you guys can handle what this is gonna cause.... hmm, this thread need to be deleted
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by zimoni(f): 11:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Port-Harcourt is a foreign name too with huge Igbo population, how come they are not claiming Port-Harcourt to be a No Man's Land?

How about asking for political positions in Kano or Kaduna States based on their huge population there?

Hausas are also many in Lagos yet they are not doing this shitt.

TINUBU, YOU SEE YOUR LIFE? YOU STARTED THIS SHITT.

NOW I UNDERSTOOD BETTER WHY THE HAUSAS TREATED THEM THE WAY THEY DID IN 50s AND 60s. THEY SAW IT COMING.

THIS MADNESS IS GOING TO END SOMEDAY.

YES, SOMEDAY.

NANSENSE.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by zimoni(f): 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
munex007:

WORD.

GOD KNOWS THIS MADNESS IS GOING TO END SOMEDAY.

WE SHALL SEE.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Well folks, I am done for the day. Have an 8 o' clock meeting tomorrow. Fortunately, I am the Chairman. On a final note,I am glad to inform some folks, with documentary evidence, on how lagos is a "no-man's land". If my comments struck a nerve, do not be angry. Rather I would advise you conduct research and know your history more.

Furthermore, no man owns any land. We all migrated and will continue to do so, till we hit our milk and honey spot. Hence, we must respect and tolerate the wishes of every man and their individual interest. The Nigerian Constitution has confer on every Nigerian, the right to live anywhere and express themselves legally. Whilst, I am disappointed by the Oba's statement, an apology from the monarch will calm nerves and earn him more respect. In that respect, I also wish to apologize to some folks here who may consider my comments derogatory to them.

Finally, we (my consulting group) are trying to make good movies to teach our history. I have discovered within the short period of research that we have lots of stories to tell the world and like the great Achebe said "If you do not tell your stories, other people will tell it the way they like". We are sourcing for finance and the right partners. Maybe, just maybe, we would be able to address a lot of issues with story telling.

Have a great night sleep.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose / Governor Ademola Adeleke Borehole Drilling To Mark 100 Days In Office Begins / I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.