Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (48960 Views)

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by kernel504(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
hassan85:
Yes its dificult to my ibo brothers. But seriously, its tym to move on. Alot of sympathy and apology ve bn tenderd already. It ok 4 peace to reign abeg
You sound mature, that's an insult... But then, lets move on since the poll can sort out the rest. Agbaje is not an Igbo man, people such respect other's political views, if we love him he's still a Yoruba man, never an Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by DeepSight(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

I wanted to see how he would answer his question.

Please see my last post to Omololu above.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Koboland(f): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Igbos should stop meddling in internal affairs of Lagos State.

Lagos is Yoruba Land and it is time Igbos understand that.

Igbos should learn to be good immigrants.

Give us Biafra una say NO! Buhari and cohorts killed Igbos in Millions .. The blood of innocent Igbos killed in Biafra will rise against their Children
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by klax(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
I think we should just put this issue aside it's getting messier everyday. I don't all these hype worth it.

Life goes on but no one can force or intimidate anybody to vote for his chosen candidate that is impossible.
God bless.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by lolababe331e: 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
kernel504:

You sound mature, that's an insult... But then, lets move on since the poll can sort out the rest. Agbaje is not an Igbo man, people such respect other's political views, if we love him he's still a Yoruba man, never an Igbo.

Agbaje has betrayed his people, he is an outcast

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by DeepSight(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
zwar:

Obama might be the President of the United States, but we all know those he won't dare f**k around with and they are based in the same United States...The issue of Lagos is akin...never create a situation to challenge the original owners of the land..otherwise hmmmm....

The United States is a nation of Immigrants, and while we are at it, since you talk about getting history right, you might want to ask yourself what has become of the real "original" owners of the land that is the United States today. . . . . ?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by klevjey: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:
I think the Igbos should respect their host, and try and do what will bring peace and peaceful co-existence. No one will go to Aba or Onitsha and try to claim relevance or drag rights with the true indigenes of those areas. Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's, like it or not.

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace

story for d gods...even ur house sef, from whr u typed dis nonsense would be taken away from u soonest
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by DeepSight(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

Does Abuja not belong to the Gwaris?

Do you really mean this?
Lol. Well. What can I say.

When next you wish to visit Abuja, kindly visit the Gwari Embassy and procure a Visa from the Gwaris first.
If you wish to buy property there, be sure to seek the permission of the Gwaris also.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Omololu007(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
DeepSight:

I am not disputing this.
I am only attempting to advance to you the idea that on account of its peculiar history as a former capital and its status as the nerve-centre of commercial and intellectual energies from all over Nigeria for over a century - it would be a tad wrong to attempt to make any citizen of Nigeria feel like some second-class citizen within Lagos.

This is especially true for those of us who were born here in Lagos and have lived here in Lagos all our lives and nowhere else - reaching back three to four generations even.

It is sad that in my own country, and notwithstanding the fact that I am a fourth-generation non-Yoruba Lagosian, any person would still attempt to allege that I am not quite Lagosian enough.

A Nigerian can naturalize in the UK or USA and seek elective offices there - and we have even had Mayors and MPs in those places - and this makes it unacceptable that right here in Nigeria, we scream oursevles hoarse about Indigenes and Settlers.
dis is africa,,wot u are askin for can only happen in countries lik USA,australia,canada...can a 5th generation black man born in moscow and hav spent all his lif in moscow,b d president of russia?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by MrPresident1: 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
DeepSight:

I am not disputing this.
I am only attempting to advance to you the idea that on account of its peculiar history as a former capital and its status as the nerve-centre of commercial and intellectual energies from all over Nigeria for over a century - it would be a tad wrong to attempt to make any citizen of Nigeria feel like some second-class citizen within Lagos.

This is especially true for those of us who were born here in Lagos and have lived here in Lagos all our lives and nowhere else - reaching back three to four generations even.

It is sad that in my own country, and notwithstanding the fact that I am a fourth-generation non-Yoruba Lagosian, any person would still attempt to allege that I am not quite Lagosian enough.

A Nigerian can naturalize in the UK or USA and seek elective offices there - and we have even had Mayors and MPs in those places - and this makes it unacceptable that right here in Nigeria, we scream oursevles hoarse about Indigenes and Settlers.

You are raising emotional sentiments here. The fact that you were born and bred in Lagos invariably makes you a Lagosian, OK agreed.

But I ask you again, Does Abuja not belong to the Gbagyis?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by kayalla(f): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
lolababe331e:

The Oba had to choose sides because of the type of politics Jimi was playing. He had the guts to promise Igbos that their chiefs would get the same recognition as Obas in Lagos . Jimi wants to sell Lagos and no right thinking Yoruba will watch that happen

ok its not like its igbos that re struggling to become lagosians but a lagosian has made that promise to the igbos. in order words its not our fault its the son of the land that wants to sell out birthright.

u know thats the thing with politicians, when they start their campaign stories and promises they don't even mind the consequences.

we all hope for the best for Nigeria and Lagos,
#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by hopeforcharles(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Texcoco:
As far as we are concerned there is no such thing as Eze ndigbo Lagos because every igboman is a king unto himself therefore we disregard this 'handwashing'....Come weekend igbos will troop out in their hundreds of thousands with their life jackets to exercise their franchise as Nigerians living in Lagos,Nigeria ...Gaddem that Oba.
your post esp that life jacket got me cracking n laughin the only thing that solves this is if that oba or eba appologize or his so called son will lose the Igbo's people's votes due his running mouth. .[/c][/color]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by DeepSight(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

You are raising emotional sentiments here. The fact that you were born and bred in Lagos invariably makes you a Lagosian, OK agreed.

But I ask you again, Does Abuja not belong to the Gbagyis?

Oh no - there is nothing emotional about simple and cast-in-iron facts such as Abuja being the legal capital of Nigeria. There were various legal processes and instruments to give effect to that and it is very misguided to say that the Federal Capital City today is the exclusive property of one tribe.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Remii(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
kendrick9:
i dare u to do your worst..
come saturday,the igbos will vote for agbaje. stop chest beating online
then agbaje will make ibo offences not punishable or become an ibo man? smh
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by klevjey: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
lolababe331e:
Once Jimi Uche loses he should just carry his bags are leave Lagos because na him give these mumus mouth. Promising to make their Cheifs equal to Oba What an insult

He wants to sell Lagos to Igbos because of votes abi, we will show him on Sat

who told u Lagos is urs Cain, Noah or Father Abraham??
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Mrbigman1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:
I think the Igbos should respect their host, and try and do what will bring peace and peaceful co-existence. No one will go to Aba or Onitsha and try to claim relevance or drag rights with the true indigenes of those areas. Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's, like it or not.

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace

Please dear, be upright in ur speech.

Yeah, lagos is d host community but that dose not give anybody d right to command me to vote who I dnt wish.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Stephenjoachim(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
In the desert, we Igbos make rain. Nomata how hard we re pushed, we always remain firm n strong. Onye maa aka, anyi ime ya ihe umuaka!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by manny4life(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
zwar:

Present day Abuja was created on barren land taken away from the Gwaris..However Lagos is different, the Igbos migrated here and
were accepted into the community by the locals..FACTS can never be altered or changed...Learn your history dude.......
Oba lo nile.......
Obama might be the President of the United States, but we all know those he won't dare f**k around with and they are based in the same United States...The issue of Lagos is akin...never create a situation to challenge the original owners of the land..otherwise hmmmm....

And who are those he won't dare f****k around with?

Where in the U.S. have you heard a state resident got deported to another state? undecided undecided
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by MrPresident1: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
DeepSight:

Oh no - there is nothing emotional about simple and cast-in-iron facts such as Abuja being the legal capital of Nigeria. There were various legal processes and instruments to give effect to that and it is very misguided to say that the Federal Capital City today is the exclusive property of one tribe.

Does Abuja not belong to the Gbagyis?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by deltateam: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace

Were you raised on the milk of a dog? Who is dragging rights here? Oh because Lagos belongs to Yolubas, igbos should suck their prick?
God pass you!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Holuwathoby(m): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
hotwax:
Dear Fellow yorubas (Jimi Agbaje followers),

Despite attacking and denouncing what Oba of EKO said, Igbo people are still attacking all yorubas. You should know that the hate they are damatrizing on public forums has nothing to do with Oba of EKO. It is as a result of bitterness again Yorubas for voting Buhari. No matter how you appease these animals, they will always hate you.

Hate is in their DNA. When I saw the Oba video, I was shocked. And I critisized the Oba on twitter, despite these. These Igbo animals still came for me and attacked me and my fore-father.

Enough of political correctness. Let support ambode. All these outburst is not about OBA of EKO, its about bigotry in the average mind of those animals.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by chilafabrics: 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
lalasticlala:

Its bcs of the zero tolerance for spamming. You were spamming, you knw it

i swear i dont even know what is spamming on this site...i didnt pose nude pictures
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by klevjey: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
lalasticlala:

You were banned for persistent spamming. We have zero tolerant for spamming..

when naira land started, did you ban for spamming??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by kernel504(m): 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
lolababe331e:

Agbaje has betrayed his people, he is an outcast
This chat is getting more interesting, please outline his betrayal to the Yoruba nation.
You may not know, but then... Let me remind you that we have few men of integrity in Lagos politics, and there are undisputed champion any day and time.
1. Funsho Williams ( Late)
2. Fashola Baba Tunde
3.Jimi Agbaje

Am not a Yoruba man, but l will vote these men above my tribe man, except... He has there qualities.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by kayalla(f): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Equalizer:
Am just imagining if it were to be Obi of Onitsha that made that anti tribal statement about the Yurobas or Hausa if they will still take it likely as we've done. Do to others what you want then to do unto you.

no mind them, that's wat i ve been asking them no one could answer that, cos dem don see ndi ibgo wey no de like trouble they wan come shove san san for our mouth.
if say na one Eze from east now war for don start.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by maxit2(m): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Igbos should stop meddling in internal affairs of Lagos State.

Lagos is Yoruba Land and it is time Igbos understand that.

Igbos should learn to be good immigrants.
Are you indirectly saying only yorubas should be allowed to vote ?
Just asking....
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by DeepSight(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

Does Abuja not belong to the Gbagyis?

I have told you that it will be very misguided to claim that the Federal Capital City of Nigeria is the exclusive property of any tribe or ethnic group.

Secondly, I'd advise you to cogitate on the word "belong" and what sense you are using that word in.
Does it indicate ownership, for instance?

Because the question of ownership is certainly something that can be validly contested on legal grounds.

That would leave you with perhaps some less binding form of cultural "ownership" or ethnic presence if you like. And in that regard the Federal Capital City today is certainly not a cultural reflection of the tribe you refer to.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Atlantian: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
Every State in Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, it does not matter where you were born. Do not allow one useless Oba somewhere decide who a Nigerian should vote for. And let me add that no one is a host, and no one is a visitor in any part of Nigeria. There is a constitution that guides this country, if the Oba is an illiterate, that needs not concern us. This is Democracy, and NOT Monarchy, so I do NOT recognize anything called Oba.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by chilafabrics: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
lalasticlala:

Its bcs of the zero tolerance for spamming. You were spamming, you knw it

pls unban me...have learnt my mistake fah
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by somegirl1: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

No disrespect, no tribalism but you are noise makers. Who are the people that indulge iin drug trafficking the most? Just yesterday one of them was caught and he said he is proud of it. Just keep quiet just like the Yorubas and Hausas are doing. We are all strong

Comprehension lessons perhaps?
"Having no regrets" is not a synonym for "being proud of". Two very different things. Need I elucidate?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
RickRichards:
Everyone needs to just take a deep breath - or maybe a thousand deep breaths - and calm down. Violence begets violence. No-one needs that right now.
Word!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Zuriel Elise Oduwole Speaks At UN "I've Seen A Lot Already" (Photos) / The Moment Tinubu Arrived Teslim Balogun Stadium For Lagos Rally (Video) / Dakuku Peterside Emerges APC Governorship Candidate In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.