Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,488 members, 7,958,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (49374 Views)

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by auch22: 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:
I think the Igbos should respect their host, and try and do what will bring peace and peaceful co-existence. No one will go to Aba or Onitsha and try to claim relevance or drag rights with the true indigenes of those areas. Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's, like it or not.

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace
MY DEAR IT IS NOT ABOUT RESPECTING HOST OR INDIGENCES. IT IS ABOUT RESPECTING THE DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE. THE IGBOS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO VOTE WHOEVER THEY WANT AS THEIR LEADER, BESIDES THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED A LOT TO THE ECONOMIC GROWTH OF LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:
I think the Igbos should respect their host, and try and do what will bring peace and peaceful co-existence. No one will go to Aba or Onitsha and try to claim relevance or drag rights with the true indigenes of those areas. Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's, like it or not.

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace

Nobody is denying the fact that Lagos belongs to the yorubas Your Oba has no right whatsoever to threaten the Igbos just cause he wants them to vote for a candidate of his choice. People should learn to call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by ayusco85(m): 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
amadice:
...u enjoy the resources of oDA region to develop Lagos n u come here and type rubbish about who own Lagos.... UR LIFE WILL BE DARK IN THE FRONT AND LIGHT IN IN BACK....useless tribalist...tell me if oda regions decides to hold on to dere resources will u clamor for Lagos....

As daft as u are u think am a yoruba guy residing in lagos. We am neither and pls stop reasoning with ur Anu.s
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by gpovo(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace
I blive u r a strong racist, so because lagos is a yoruba land it den gives d oba d right 2 give threats abi? Is voting now by choice or tradition.... U go just carry laptop abi na fone den begin type none sense....d oba is even lucky dat am not an igbo...else d power wen dey catch all of una wen b stupid yorubas wen no sabi talk truth, I 4 see am....Idiots.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Prodigysam: 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dear Lagosian,
Yoruba,s are very decent and reasonable people.
No tribe will entertain on their land what is going
on in Lagos.
We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU. But
let ask ourselves one important question, WHY IS
OBA AKIOLU ANGRY WITH IGBOS?
My answers are:
1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF
OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.
2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS-
IFEANYI UBAH
3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH
DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.
4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI
AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM
5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY
GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO
MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,
1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE
MENTIONED?
2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR
CABINET IN THE EAST?
4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE
NO MAN,S LAND?
5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION
OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?
My conclusion: We have been living together as
brothers for years in peace. You must respect our
tradition and institutions.Ifeanyi Ubah should stop
jumping around Lagos beating drums of war.
GOD BLESS YORUBA AND IGBO

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by EmekaBlue(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
A typical example of d diff btw igbo n yoruba...maturity vs agberoism
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by ransomed: 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
An elder ,full of wisdom has spoken and call for peace. Let us ignore calls for anarchy as exemplified by apprentices who have access to china phones forgeting that war is an ill wind that blows no one any good. Peace, please!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by ekiloui(f): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:

so ur saying because lagos belongs to igbos too? and that one day igbos will claim abuja too? i pity ur reasoning. Lagos is for the yorubas. #Kapish

You pity my reasoning? Lol...I laugh in Swahili. Don't pity my reasoning ooo...pity the fact that u don't have money to buy glasses and read well..or rather pity the fact that u have 0 IQ to understand what I wrote.

Funny how my post was written in a very simple form and u still have difficulty comprehending...Olodo

FYI, Lagos belongs to Lagosians and not "Yorubas", if you're from Osun, Ondo, Ogun or Ekiti that's the one that belongs to u
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by BraniacX(m): 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Igbos should stop meddling in internal affairs of Lagos State.

Lagos is Yoruba Land and it is time Igbos understand that.

Igbos should learn to be good immigrants.

Fvck you sydewayz angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by ayusco85(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
bellychiz:

Nobody is denying the fact that Lagos belongs to the yorubas Your Oba has no right whatsoever to threaten the Igbos just cause he wants them to vote for a candidate of his choice. People should learn to call a spade a spade.

What makes u think am yoruba? Am not. Am neither igbo nor yoruba. Am a nigerian
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by ayusco85(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
gpovo:

I blive u r a strong racist, so because lagos is a yoruba land it den gives d oba d right 2 give threats abi? Is voting now by choice or tradition.... U go just carry laptop abi na fone den begin type none sense....d oba is even lucky dat am not an igbo...else d power wen dey catch all of una wen b stupid yorubas wen no sabi talk truth, I 4 see am....Idiots.
point of correction. am not racist, and i never said what the oba did was right. and pls am not a yoruba boy nor igbo. i only stated whats obvious and aired my opinion. you must not agree with me
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by PenSniper: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
ugosonic1:
igbo is a very strong tribe in nigeria which no one shld joke with

Usual egocentricism that kills them. To hell with eze ndi igbo. No going back.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Cityguy: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos are not in Lagos or any other part of the country that belongs to them to make trouble. Everyone is talking 'peace'. Yes, that's right but peace is when an Igbo man or woman is able to vote and exercise his rights without any unhealthy, meddlesome, myopic, selfish, self-centred intimidation and machinations of any ethno-religio-political cabal. Let them vote whoever they wish come saturday. It is the right thing to do. They have their interests to protect and they are no second class citizen anywhere in this country. Anyone thinking so should go and reboot that box of pap he carries around as brain.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by PenSniper: 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
The fire has been stoked already. To hell with you and your subjects.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by kayonpoint(m): 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Texcoco:
As far as we are concerned there is no such thing as Eze ndigbo Lagos because every igboman is a king unto himself therefore we disregard this 'handwashing'....Come weekend igbos will troop out in their hundreds of thousands with their life jackets to exercise their franchise as Nigerians living in Lagos,Nigeria ...Gaddem that Oba.

U never supported Lagos party (APC) you Igbos should do your worst by voting JK..... we'll defeat u as we do for presidential election! God punish all of una.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by PenSniper: 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Cityguy:
Igbos are not in Lagos or any other part of the country that belongs to them to make trouble. Everyone is talking 'peace'. Yes, that's right but peace is when an Igbo man or woman is able to vote and exercise his rights without any unhealthy, meddlesome, myopic, selfish, self-centred intimidation and machinations of any ethno-religio-political cabal. Let them vote whoever they wish come saturday. It is the right thing to do. They have their interests to protect and they are no second class citizen anywhere in this country. Anyone thinking so should go and reboot that box of pap he carries around as brain.

Pray to survive the storm then you can preach your innocuous treatise to your village goons. You will soon learn that it is better not to start what you cannot finish. Very soon you will know that one Nigeria is only on paper.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by jameschibuike(m): 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
ayusco85:

#VoteNotFight
#OneNigeria
#Peace

*modified* this post is not in any way trying to support what the Oba said. What he did was undemocratic and anti Nigeria. Let's say the right words always

I wanted to vote APC before but because of that old fool statement i will vote for JIMI. Sai JIMI

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Geedhey(m): 12:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Reading through the comments I see hate all over. do I point that most igbo below 30 yrs on this forum were born in Lagos have enjoyed every thing like a Yoruba person. Golden rule "do unto others what u like them do unto u". If the igbos can point any state in SE where they have other tribes holding positions. then they have the moral right to condem.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Cityguy: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2015
PenSniper:

Pray to survive the storm then you can preach your innocuous treatise to your village goons. You will soon learn that it is better not to start what you cannot finish. Very soon you will know that one Nigeria is only on paper.
Hahahahahaha, so pretentious and megalomaniac. And for your information, it's not only in Lagos that that your 'storm' can gather. It's being discussed in hushed tones now. The ripple effect of this conspiracy and witch-hunt will surprise all and be told even your generations unborn. You talk like you also can 'finish' this. You guys should stop the intimidation. People WILL vote their conscience period!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 09, 2015
ayusco85:

point of correction. am not racist, and i never said what the oba did was right. and pls am not a yoruba boy nor igbo. i only stated whats obvious and aired my opinion. you must not agree with me
nobada gotta agree with da bulshiit u've bn whistling frm da arsse,true,but u will do us a whollota favor by droppin'dead,cos such a big foool making cows proud of being at least brainy than some wacko humans like u..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 09, 2015
aNus_co85:

As daft as u are u think am a yoruba guy residing in lagos. We am neither and pls stop reasoning with ur Anu.s
just look whosstalkin'bout reasonin'n'rappin'from da anus! Champion foool,take a 2nd look @ that mugshot moniker u gat..
grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by PhockPhockMan: 1:09am On Apr 09, 2015
We Said.

All the same, Agbaje all the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 09, 2015
ayusco85:

Don't mind these igbos. Am currently serving in Abia, ur not far from the truth. Now I know why igbos run from their states to other peoples states.
if u indeed are currently serving,which is extremely doubful-which could be actually true as in currently servin'n'doin'time in abia prison-then apart from being nl's champion foool title holder,u equally a disappointment and a big disgrace to da govt and country..ur prison 'allawee' oughtta be used in paying for da services of some gutter cleaner..smh
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 09, 2015
post=:

am not yoruba o my broda. am a Nigerian smiley
@voltron,next time u wud do better to keep mute than than giggling like da hyena n 'damned' like this by that deranged n demented n jesting AnUs.co_ayusco85 foool! grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by nkemjacob2(m): 1:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Oba is working for APC .... Ibos vote wisely, they re d 1 dat stil deport u back to onitcha
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by chuose: 1:48am On Apr 09, 2015
IGBO PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO CLOSE SHOP AND ATTEND AMBODE'S CAMPAIGN.
THEY ARE NOW FORCED.

IS THE OBA OKAY UPSTAIRS?

Today, hundreds of shop owners, especially of Igbo, were reportedly forced to shut-down their shops at the Idumota Market, Lagos Island and ordered to go and join the APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode .

This is coming when the Lagos monarch is under heavy criticism for threatening to deal with Igbo residents of Lagos if they ddid not vote for his APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode.

One of the traders in an sms message to reporters said, “We arrived Idumota market to our shops as early as 8am. Shortly after, some thugs came, ordering us shut our shops on the orders of Oba Akiolu. They gave us 10 minutes to hurriedly close shops and join the waiting vehicles parked in front of his palace, and heading to Orile, venue of Ambode’s campaign led by the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.”

Some of the Igbo traders who deal on pharmaceutical products in the market said when they arrived the market, some messengers informed them that Oba Akiolu ordered everyone to close shop and join buses numbering over 100.

A Pharmaceutical products dealer, said: “We were shocked at what happened today (Tuesday) in Idumota market. When we got to the market, we were caught unawares by a purported order from the Oba of Lagos, directing all traders to close shop and join a bus heading for Ambode’s campaign.

“We were shocked by this directive, because we were never informed the previous day (Monday) about this directive. More worrisome is the fact that I lost millions of naira because of this self-serving coercion by the Oba.”

Another pharmaceutical products dealer, said: “I feel this recent forceful directive by the Oba is in fulfilment of his recent threat to deal with Ndigbo if they fail to vote for his preferred candidate. But as far as I am concerned, no amount of threat or coercion will deter me from making my choice at the forthcoming governorship election in Lagos State.”

Some Igbo traders view the monarch’s order as not unconnected with the campaign of Ambode in the Orile axis of the state. President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and other APC national leaders were in Lagos today to lead the campaign train

http://www.genechy.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-shuts-igbo-shops-in.html
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 09, 2015
auch22:

MY DEAR IT IS NOT ABOUT RESPECTING HOST OR INDIGENCES. IT IS ABOUT RESPECTING THE DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE. THE IGBOS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO VOTE WHOEVER THEY WANT AS THEIR LEADER, BESIDES THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED A LOT TO THE ECONOMIC GROWTH OF LAGOS

Most of those responding have their brains sitting somewhere collecting dust
The man issue is swept aside
That a man threatened his fellow men with death if they refuse to vote as commanded is no longer the issue
Lagos being a Yorubaland is now the focus
People have left the WAEC question to set their own exam and are grading the new exam they set for themselves

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by kclex: 6:10am On Apr 09, 2015
The oba sayin wat he said ws not a mistake.nd bliv mi. He speaks d mindset of a good ratio of yorubas. Dis is to d 1st time igbos hb bin insulted, fashola dd dsame tin. Bu dis is d 1st time we igbos hv a chance of sayin "to hell wit u"
If not for anything, lets vote pdp nd teach ssuch ppl a lesson

Browse at cheaper rate on ur android with MTN.
Purchase 1000Megabytes(1G)at jos N1200
Payment culd b made in cash/transfer or by sending d pin of a valid recharge card.
Contact no..08064648497 or 08144021414

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by DTaj: 7:11am On Apr 09, 2015
My perspective on this Oba Akiolu saga is this:

Can an Igbo man try this nonsense in Kano, Sokoto, Minna, Dutse, Kaduna? Never!

I have Igbo and Yoruba friends who grew up in Sabon-Gari in these northern states; they can never aspire to be local government councilor let alone get voted as Federal House of Reps members as Igbos have just done in Lagos in 2015 elections 2 weeks ago!

Can Igbos try this nonsense talk about 'Lagos is no man's land' in the North?

I don't blame them- I blame Tinubu for opening up Lagos to them! When you sart appointing an Igbo man as Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, why won't his brothers start dragging ownership of the state with original owners

Can the Igbos ever vote the Hausas who have been living in Asaba, Onitsha, or Aba since the 19th century Never!

Igbos are dishing out what they can never take from other people in their own states!!!

Truth be told. Oba Akiolu messed up big time and should never have made the hate speech but Igbos shouldn't extend their luck too far!

I insist- Lagos is the most accommodating state in the entire country! It is only in Lagos that one sees Commissioners and Special Advisers of very critical ministries being occupied by non-indigenes! I'm Yoruba; in my state, no other Yoruba man from another state can even aspire to be local council councilor let alone get elected as a House of Reps member as have been done in Lagos! Someone will mention the history of how the person's fore-fathers migrated to the state! The entire Lekki property axis is dominated by Igbos! Igbo developers constitute over 80% of developers in Lekki corridor...What do Igbos want again from Lagos indigenes

This is becoming a mob action! The amount of insult hurled on the Lagos Royal Stool, no matter the provocation, is way too much! No sane Igbo can ever do that to Emir of Kano, or Sultan of Sokoto! He/she would have been roasted alive!

Getting irritating...

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Why do Igbos always reason along tribal divide? Why do Igbos invoke the hate of others wherever they go around the world? Why do Igbos brag they hustlers yet the richest black man in the world is Hausa? Why have Igbos populated Thailand, Indonesian and South African prisons? Why do some countries ask whether you are Igbo or Yoruba before you are issued visa? Why are Igbos the first people that orchestrated the first coup in Nigeria that divided us along ethnic line and yet they claim they are been persecuted wherever they go? Why does everyone have reservations about Igbos? Why Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment by wazobiaN9(m): 7:33am On Apr 09, 2015
kendrick9:
i dare u to do your worst..
come saturday,the igbos will vote for agbaje. stop chest beating online

ok, seen... and then.. ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

''Our Gods Will Punish Those Who Collect David Mark’s Rice Without Voting Him'' / Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable / Civil Defence Official Buried In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.