Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll (57569 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC / Nuhu Ribadu Formally Returns To APC / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Bluffly: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2015
bettercreature:
Nuhu Ribadu’s chances of winning the Adamawa governorship election was left in tatters today, following the desertion of his Peoples Democratic Party by party bigwigs to the All Progressives Congress.

Leading the defectors was former Deputy Senate Majority Leader, Jonathan Zwingina. Othes were a former Minister of External Affairs, Idi Hong, and two serving Senators, Bello Tukur and Ahmed Barata, as well as Sadiq Haske.

They announced their defection at a press conference in Yola today.

Zwingina, who spoke on behalf of the defectors, said they decided to pitch their tent with the APC to support the party’s governorship candidate, Bindow Jibrilla.

“We are positive of the change going on now in the country; we believe in the candidacy of Bindow,” he said.

Zwingina and Hong lost in their bid to represent Adamawa Central and Southern district in the National Assembly elections held on March 28.

Earlier in the day they met with the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, who was in Yola to campaign for the APC.http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/09/nuhu-ribadu-dumped-2-days-to-polls/

Its shameful that our so called leaders do not stand for organisational objectives but rather money
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Montaque(m): 8:59am On Apr 09, 2015
fromnigeria:
This is seriously not good for our politics and democracy.
A law should be enacted to restrict or even ameliorate this non sense
there is a law for that in the Constitution as regards our legislatures, but unfortunately,neither APC nor PDP has respected that provision till date.
It still a "Change" in Nomenclature only.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Jesusloveyou: 9:03am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:
Ribadu still has my respect any day any time. You don't see a Nigerian honest and dedicated to his duties enough to reject a $15million bribe everyday.

Good man he is.
Hope Buhari can find a spot for him.
he has lost all d respect,since d day he went back to pdp,likewise marwa and shekerau,they have lost their dignity.sai buhari.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by nagoma(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2015
It's just a matter of time. GEJ will apply for APC membership.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 09, 2015
Jorussia:
Find a spot for a PDP MAN?Ribadu should suffer the consequences of his POLITICAL LONGER THROAT.RIBADU,is as deceitful, and greedy as every other politician in Nigeria.
Pataki:

Every politician has a price. Even Ribadu has a price. Unfortunately Ribadu talks more than his mouth should let him do. Ribadu has a price. Over and over again, his price has been found out.

I hope never again would he find relevance in our national history. Rubbish.
Yomieluv:
Serves him right,afterall he's a defector too..

Everyone is only after his selfish interest.
sunkoye:
Nuhu missed it as soon as he decamped to the side he was investigating for maladministration.

All about selfish interest undecided

Shut up you all. Ribadu loves APC/ACN but was betrayed by Tinubu and ACN leaders in 2011. He used his money and properties to campaign for his presidential election when Tinubu chose him as a flagbearer of presidency but was just using him as a puppet for Jonathan victory. He told ACN to vote for southwest after bargaining with Jonathan.

Because he was equally popular in the north, votes was shared between him and buhari,
CPC. This ensured Johnathan victory.

How will you feel if someone use you like this. Will you still trust such peoplw and stay. Do you know the psychological depression and shame he has faced.

You guys will just talk without any critical thinking

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by omojeesu(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2015
HE IS NOT A TYPICAL NIGERIAN POLITICIAN. I THINK THIS IS JUST A MISCALCULATION ON HIS PART. HE PROBABLY THOUGHT HE COULD MAKE HIS MARK IN HIS STATE THROUGH THE RULING PARTY. I STILL BELIEVE HE IS A PATRIOT.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by kindnyce(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2015
HE GOT SERVED..FROM A SHING LIGHT IN APC FOLD TO A LOOSER IN PDP CAMP

WHOEVER CONVINCED RIBADU TO DECAMP TO PDP DECEIVED HIM BIG TIME.....

THAT DECISION TURNS OUT TO BE HIS GREATEST UNDOING
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by obowunmi(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Ribadu always gets bleeped.

LooooL
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:
Ribadu still has my respect any day any time. You don't see a Nigerian honest and dedicated to his duties enough to reject a $15million bribe everyday.

Good man he is.

Well said bro. You made my day
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by johnbu: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2015
nuhu ribadu was a erstwhile chairman of EFCC under the ex president, olusegun obasanjo, his adminitration as chairman was acme memorial in ensuring corrupt practices are aberrated to the infinitesimal level. on this note, his reputation was highly praised base on the excellent performance he demonstrated. during this period, many gallant records were emerged by mallam . one of such achievement was he arrested former IG, Tafa Balogun and former Bayelsa governor, alamaseigha base on misappropriation of public fund. Due to his track record, he contested under the platform of ACN as president. But, the his spirit of consistency could not firm him as he indulge in aggressive ambition by leaving ACN,which transforms to APC today. Now, ribadu is struggling to win the governorship race under the PDP. With the sudden political subversion of PDP, the political career of mallam seems to be capsized gradually. Had it been, he maintaines his stability in APC, no doubt, he would be one of APC leader which would assist to nurse his political ambition.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Bowaley17(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2015
K
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by kelvincoll(m): 9:16am On Apr 09, 2015
Jorussia:
Find a spot for a PDP MAN?Ribadu should suffer the consequences of his POLITICAL LONGER THROAT.RIBADU,is as deceitful, and greedy as every other politician in Nigeria.

Political longer throat how? A man who was made ACN presidential candidate only to be ridiculed by the party faithfuls?

In simple text, Ribadu is to PDP what BUHARI is to APC. A lot of persons almost lost that faith and loyal in Buhari due to this alliance with a new party habouring some dare devil, however a closer look at his Pedigree made dem stick to him. A party is just a platform to actualise ur ambition for the pple. Its clear APC had no plans of giving him the Gov ticket same with thr Lagos Agbaje of a guy so they sort opportunity elsewhere.

What has happened to "vote candidate not the party" ? It's a democratic system for pete sake.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Msquare220: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:

Good man he is.
SECONDED
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Cadamlk: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2015
Many of the PDP members will still run back cos APC will soon be a no go area for then
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Kennedykak(f): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2015
Thieves, Sycophants and political prostitutes.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2015
PassingShot:
"Parade has changed gear" for Nuhu Ribadu too.

I dey laugh oooo grin grin grin

Mind you, I do not support all this nonsense decamping. Something must be done to regulate it.
...there is nothing that can be done to regulate it.Nigerian politicians have zero political philosophy.only few can stick around like Tinubu,for instance.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by redcliff: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2015
PassingShot:
"Parade has changed gear" for Nuhu Ribadu too.

I dey laugh oooo grin grin grin

Mind you, I do not support all this nonsense decamping. Something must be done to regulate it.

My exact same thoughts. Its becoming annoying to say the least!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by funken: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Nuhu Ribadu looks like he is jinxed. This was the same thing that happened in 2011!!! Last minute desertion...

bettercreature:
Nuhu Ribadu’s chances of winning the Adamawa governorship election was left in tatters today, following the desertion of his Peoples Democratic Party by party bigwigs to the All Progressives Congress.

Leading the defectors was former Deputy Senate Majority Leader, Jonathan Zwingina. Othes were a former Minister of External Affairs, Idi Hong, and two serving Senators, Bello Tukur and Ahmed Barata, as well as Sadiq Haske.

They announced their defection at a press conference in Yola today.

Zwingina, who spoke on behalf of the defectors, said they decided to pitch their tent with the APC to support the party’s governorship candidate, Bindow Jibrilla.

“We are positive of the change going on now in the country; we believe in the candidacy of Bindow,” he said.

Zwingina and Hong lost in their bid to represent Adamawa Central and Southern district in the National Assembly elections held on March 28.

Earlier in the day they met with the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, who was in Yola to campaign for the APC.http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/09/nuhu-ribadu-dumped-2-days-to-polls/
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by spenca: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2015
The rate at which people decamp these days is just not acceptable.APC leadership please do the needful after the elections ,we need an opposition
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by M4gunners: 9:31am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:

Good man he is.
That Man deserves an award not Jega. If he had collected that bribe back then, nobody would've know;yet people don't see this type of Man to support instead they are supporting old criminals.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by philips70(m): 9:36am On Apr 09, 2015
lovat:
I still belive Ribadu will win this election because in Adamawa he is their number one candidate

I so doubt it. Right now in the north with Buhari as the president elect all they know now is the APC's broom. Will be surprised if APC do not clinch all the governorship seats in that region. PDP should just concentrate all their war chest in Lagos for political survival if not Hope Democratic Party will be stronger than them.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Vado(m): 9:38am On Apr 09, 2015
usqoh:

Shut up you all. Ribadu loves APC/ACN but was betrayed by Tinubu and ACN leaders in 2011. He used his money and properties to campaign for his presidential election when Tinubu chose him as a flagbearer of presidency but was just using him as a puppet for Jonathan victory. He told ACN to vote for southwest after bargaining with Jonathan.

Because he was equally popular in the north, votes was shared between him and buhari,

How will you feel if someone use you like this. Will you still trust such peoplw and stay. Do you know the psychological depression and shame he has faced.

Spot on man. You can imagine the crap these dolts are typing here. They expected Ribadu to stay put after such betrayal? Disgusting.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ElFenomeno1: 9:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Ribadu = Once Chance grin cheesy

SaiAPC SaiJubrilla SaiAdamawa SaiChange
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Ozolo1970: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Is this how the Americans we copy our presidential system decamp to other parties when they lose elections ? Nigerian policians are indeed fair weather friends.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by deletrue: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Nigerians are like salt. Very very consciousless beings. They can melt off or even change to what ever they want irrespective of the human in them, provided the possibility is there for them to do so. How can a conscious and an ealderly individuals just decamp because they lost election and go as far as to describing and call the party they dump any names?. Yes indeed, am sure this is the best change apc will bring to Nigerians since it has many waywards members in its folk.
What a wonder democratic growth is this one?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Ozolo1970: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Is this how the Americans whom we copy our presidential system from decamp to other parties when they lose elections ? Nigerian politicians are indeed fair weather friends.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Mufasa27(m): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Now tell me the difference between Apc and pdp
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by klax(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Honestly some men are not man enough to be called man. It's a shame on all these ones honestly. A disloyal man will always be disloyal the tide in APC will still sweep them away as well very very soon. Thieves.

Enough of all these frog jumping all around I see all defectees as opportunist. Yea PDP failed yes indeed but is that the end of the world I expect a reasonable man to say yes he has failed what do I need to do not to fail again and start working on it immediately not to be jumping around like I-diot.

To look at things very well if even PDP did well 16 years is enough to call for a new party to take over, a party can't rule forever so I think a responsible and a real man in PDP should use their brain go back on drawing board make rigid correction and move on period.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Jorussia(m): 9:52am On Apr 09, 2015
usqoh:

can't you just quote SB without being insulting? Yes,Tinubu betrayed him,the same way he betrayed the party by accepting to head a committee set up by PGEJ.If he had decamped to PDP just after the 2011 election,just to protest his alleged betrayal by tinubu,he would have still been enjoying the respect he has earned over the years from Nigerians,not when decamped thinking that he would automatically become governor after NYAKO'S IMPEACHMENT. Ribadu is nothing but a debased politician with no long lasting integrity,in fact,he is a POLITICAL GOLD DIGGER.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by cheaperstores: 9:52am On Apr 09, 2015
bettercreature:
Pdp survival depends on Lagos ,GMB can not afford to allow PDP to win Lagos it's going to be a disaster,and PDP is going to be the most brutal opposition ever,but if they loose Lagos,they will be dead and buried
Eventually,same fate PDP suffered will befall APC .Soon they will become too strong and tyranny,personal interest,feudalism will be the order of the day.beauty of democracy is strong opposition to check ruling party whether APC or PDP.Good enough we have a credible,intelligent candidate in Jimi Agbaje.Good still,all the PDP harlots have dissappeared living clean PDP.Until the Old PDP in APC tear the party apart,I rest my case.Vote Jimi Agbaje.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Skywalker5(m): 9:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Ribadu got screwed again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Dav24(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2015
APC is gradually becoming PDP in disguise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Suspends Oshiomhole As APC Chairman / Pictures of Gov Fayose At A Palm Wine Joint Omisanjana, Ado Ekiti Today / Tallest Soldier In Nigeria Meets President Buhari (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.