Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll (57570 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC / Nuhu Ribadu Formally Returns To APC / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ammyluv2002(f): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Nigeria leaders sha! This is one of the reasons we refuse to move forward as a Nation.

They all want milk and honey *smh*

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ardeks(m): 7:33am On Apr 09, 2015
Isn't there any regulatory body for carpet crossing of these politicians? Ahba..... Abeg make una no come pour sand sand for Buhari's garri o. Soup ready nao nain una dey come d tym wey we dey hustle to cook am we no see u. Chior.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by dayo23(f): 7:33am On Apr 09, 2015
Jorussia:
Find a spot for a PDP MAN?Ribadu should suffer the consequences of his POLITICAL LONGER THROAT.RIBADU,is as deceitful, and greedy as every other politician in Nigeria.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by PassingShot(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2015
frankyychiji:
Only the fickle minded speak from both sides of the mouth.Let your yes be yes and your no...

undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by since1914(m): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2015
ardeks:
Isn't there any regulatory body for carpet crossing of these politicians? Ahba...

I think the UNHCR - The UN Refugee Agency, is in the best position to handle this massive PDP refugee problem because, non of our local agencies have the capacity to handle this magnitude of political humanitarian crisis.

On a more serious note, I have no doubt that most of those decamping will be hugely disappointed because, being in the ruling party alone will not automatically bestow them with any form of privileges. It will no longer be business as usual in Nigeria again; gone are the days when politicians used government resources to dispense favours to political associates like it was their birthright and we all kept quiet. From now henceforth, most Nigerians will show more interest in the affairs of government. It is in fact this new awareness and orientation that climaxed with PDPs' loss.

Buhari must be on his feet from day one because, the impunity-tolerance level of most Nigerians has significantly dropped, and there is no way we will tolerate the kind of things we tolerated in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by tdmoggy: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Politics of stomach infrastructure where there are no ideals. These are charlatans seeking self preservation. They are unwilling to be in the opposition so that they are not "left out" of the gravy train. What a shame on them.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Soon one won't be able to differentiate between PDP and APC cos virtually everybody that made up PDP can now be seen on Buhari's camp... this can never be the change we wanted.. PDP is still in power but Buhari is now the president.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 09, 2015
So called leaders with no vision just selfish interests littered around sad

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by eph12(m): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:

I forsee one party system in Nigeria.

The likes of Gej, david mark, fani kayode, sule lamido and babangida aliyu can not put up a fight against the governing party as an opposition.
They don't need to put up a fight. They only need to capitalize on the mistakes of the ruling party just as was done against them. Trudt me they will. Th e world is watching smiley
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by phemmyutd(m): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2015
I think this is the time to give TINUBU kudos for his innovation of APC. he has remained as opposition for long and never change is mind, now people are buying his Idea. He is the real man

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ceejayluv(m): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2015
Zwingina?? To APC?.. I'm not your fan but you folks should be mindful of those you let in your party.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Articul8(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:

I forsee one party system in Nigeria.

The likes of Gej, david mark, fani kayode, sule lamido and babangida aliyu can not put up a fight against the governing party as an opposition.
Because they are the only ones left in d house(party) and I really do not see them pulling much weight. GEJ is sure going into hibernation.May 29 isn't even here yet,he is beginning to fade off already.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by crackhouse(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2015
This alone goes a long way to show that our politicians are only interested in their welfare and not that of the people. All of them are just greedy but the ever illiterate masses have chosen not to understand that.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by sweetgala(m): 8:39am On Apr 09, 2015
ziccoit:
IMO, Ribadu cross carpet to PDP was a political miscalculation. He should have stayed with APC. Now what remain of his integrity and his political image have been eroded by joining killer party. How Ribadu could align with PDP beat every sound reasoning. He may as well go back to APC and start from scratch once again.

I can remember that day news broke of him being lobbied , many here including me said he was nor that daft, surely he must see it is a trick , while others predicted his downfall precisely , and I am saddened that the later are right .

From him not winning the first election to him being betrayed by the same individuals promising him undying support. He was happy and well accommodated in APC , he had relevance he had a future there , he would have been the governorship candidate if he stayed.

But he could not perceive the coming CHANGE
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Brugo(m): 8:40am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:
Ribadu still has my respect any day any time. You don't see a Nigerian honest and dedicated to his duties enough to reject a $15million bribe everyday.

Good man he is.
Hope Buhari can find a spot for him.

Bros, he has changed. He is now a full politician. A lot can be deduced from the fact that he believed in PDP enough to decamp and join them.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ajakaboy1: 8:41am On Apr 09, 2015
People should not forget that Ribadu himself decamped to PDP thinking that PDP being a ruling party would facilitate his victory. He had the opportunity to be the APC gubernatorial candidate but he declined. Even his friend El Rufai was disappointed in him. He needs no pity. Nemesis has caught up with him.

4 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by nickxtra(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Mallam Nuhu, see weti you do yourself? Instead of you to remain in APC, longer throat took to PDP. Now the house of PDP is falling, where will you run to?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Chubhie: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2015
I believe in true love. But my opinion is tainted, because I also believe in Bigfoot, aliens, and in the existence of honest politicians.jarod
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Zellie: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2015
These defectors disgust me. What sort of visionless illiterates do we have as leaders, they're all out to enrich themselves

Go Ribadu! angry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by saintandsinnerz: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2015
focus7:
I can see you are finding it hard to align with the reality of change that has come to stay in Nigeria. Let make it clear to you, the gradual extinction of the party called pdp has began, it will degenerate into a regional party of the igbos which all know from history do have the capacity to sustain any party, apga is case study. From the hand of the igbos pdp will disappear into the oblivions, a new party will emerge from the north that will give a strong opposition to the larger than expected APC, though the new opposition party will be strong it will still not be a match to the ruling APC for a long time to come.

You tribal bigot, what concerns the Igbos with this news? Must you idioots call the Igbos in your rubbish every time? When the Igbos start attacking you people now you will start saying nonsense about how Igbos is this, is that. Keep on self-servicing your useless self with Igbo obsession, very soon you will die on top of Igbo matter, bigot!

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ElekeNtioba: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2015
The change has arrived.....make una enjoy o. Politicians changing parties as if na pant.

The change u asked for is here.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Myself2(m): 8:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Ezedon:
Nigeria politicians jumping from frying pan to fire since 1960

cheesy grin cheesy I agree.
No ideology
No shame
No pride
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by dafil22(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2015
Politricking gone sour! SMH
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by TI1919(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2015
So they can share the goodies, hmm Politicians and money may God help us.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by DTaj: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Can't understand why people are insulting APC for welcoming these clowns! What do we expect? That APC should chase them away?

My view is this: The PDP guys are welcome. Once they see that it is not like their old PDP where they just 'share the money' without doing anything (especially with a straight man as President Buhari), no one would tell them to run back to PDP!

They are all welcome to the APC. The chaff will be taken off the grain in no time...

You do not chase your new employer away because he formerly worked for your fierce rival. Let him in, allow him to prove himself, else, he gets fired!

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by econity(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Nuhu is a benefactor of jumpology and now is d time to reap d consequences of that jumpology. Kama's food don't always taste sweet.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2015
I don talk am before

The PDP was shocked by reports from the South West and North central states in the just concluded presidential elections. It quickly became clear to them when Ekiti result was released and APC managed to garner over 40% of the votes. It was an indication of the South West votes - no big win for PDP. Their fear was later confirmed when Ondo state , the other PDP state voted in the majority for APC. Kogi and Kwara states that had never voted for Buhari followed and reports from the North West almost sealed Jonathan's fate and as the BBC reported the PDP HQ in Abuja "was dead"

The question is whether those left in the PDP can form a viable opposition. It is almost certain that Jonathan may stay away from partisan politics after May 29, 2015 creating a power vacuum in the PDP. The big problem for the PDP will be finding a national leader. Who can be a Bola Tinubu for the PDP? Obasanjo is reported to have torn his PDP membership card and embraced the APC following strained relationship between him and Jonathan. Will Kashamu, the alleged drug baron lead PDP? It's not likely. Infact it is feared a Buhari administration may hand him over to the US government. Atiku too is in the APC who could have been a potential leader. IBB seems to have towed Obasanjo's part by playing an elderstatesman role. Edwin Clark, though largely respected across the South of Nigeria is not likely to pull any weight in the north. Ayo Fayose though very outspoken is not a likely candiddate due to his lack of manners ( leadership skills) and the fact that he may even not finish his term as Ekiti state governor if the Supreme court decides his case in April. David Mark of Benue state seem to be the most suitable person to lead the PDP and if he ever becomes PDP leader he has a lot of work to do.

A major challenge for the PDP is the loyalty of her members. Many Nigerian politicans are in politics to have food on their table and it may be the case that before May 29, 2015 a large number of current PDP members may decamp to the APC. If the PDP does not handle the loss of the presidency wisely it may become the demise of the party called PDP.

https://www.nairaland.com/2230719/pdp-viable-opposition-party
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by emamos: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Naija politician
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by DTaj: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2015
ajakaboy1:
People should not forget that Ribadu himself decamped to PDP thinking that PDP being a ruling party would facilitate his victory. He had the opportunity to be the APC gubernatorial candidate but he declined. Even his friend El Rufai was disappointed in him. He needs no pity. Nemesis has caught up with him.

Spot on! Same Ribadu was a turn-coat too from ACN to PDP! Same of same, lol
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by einsteino(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2015
bettercreature:
Pdp survival depends on Lagos ,GMB can not afford to allow PDP to win Lagos it's going to be a disaster,and PDP is going to be the most brutal opposition ever,but if they loose Lagos,they will be dead and buried

when would you guys realize that we only have one political party in Nigeria? PDP and APC are just its public faces. if pdp loses, all its members would decamp to apc and soon contest for positions as apc flag bearers. its we the masses that would lose out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Suspends Oshiomhole As APC Chairman / Pictures of Gov Fayose At A Palm Wine Joint Omisanjana, Ado Ekiti Today / Tallest Soldier In Nigeria Meets President Buhari (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.