Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (42898 Views)

Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? / 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by queebeediva(f): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Rubbish debate anyways who do you blame? If the system is upright and justifyable one would not need to compare where to get quality education. The minority rich has created a great gap in almost everything and the worst of all is education so pahtetic that anyting public is seens as failure why because those who are suppose to create some form of level of euality in the system are the ones causing diffrences . My point is private or public uni , your choice to be useful largely depends on you so forcus and do not allow does spoit overpampred brat take your power to be equal oneday with them from you. Educate yourselve and liberate your circle.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by hardbody: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Promxy94:
op u don't because of a particular categories the general....not everybody smokes besides I don't and mind you it depends on the individual....

One, you are male, i said female. Two, I have never interacted with you, so what is your point? Has english comprehension become such a big deal?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2015
@freddy baba.. ave been around.. been busy with work.. I dey show...na angry
Ferdybaba:

Dude...been a while. You've been missed on the chat room smiley
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 13, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
@freddy baba.. ave been around.. been busy with work.. I dey show...na angry

Lol....when will u stop killing my moniker shocked
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Ferdybaba:

Lol....when will u stop killing my moniker shocked
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Misterdhee1(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2015
I dnt pitch tent with people who believe Public Universities are better.. I really don't. Abi wetin be the essence of being an undergraduate? Isn't it solely for the certificate? The Private Unis give students the chances of actualizing dah without undue breaks. I guess the issue of socializing is another point entirely. It depends on each individual. Read Wetin u wan read and get out of the university. There is more to life than spending 7 years on a 4 year course. My piece!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by finamaris(f): 9:11am On Apr 13, 2015
U r just driving to a particular point. I hope u r aware dat most student in private uni r more exposed dan public
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by scarr: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
how many times are we gonna hear this same story we know already, just leave d private people alone, i dont see dem creating threads "reasons not to attend public universities"
ps. i went to a public school...Greatest Osuite/Oouite
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by NwaAnambra(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
IfyChuky:
On the contrary, I still think the op's post atleast holds some 35% sense, and i'm strongly convinced he must be writing strictly from the poor mans point of view hence It's only for consolidatory reasons dat a post as such, kud prolly be sourced. cheesy

Although I don't know why am being so conclusive, bt something strongly tells me dat should some one offer this op an admission to covenant, lead, babcock, bowen, and its sort for a subsidized fee, say #50k per semester, meka i hear say he wouldn't go running after it without having to give a hoot about all he had written.. cheesy (sum ppl sha) grin grin

My dear.., I feel ur plight.., and sincerely.. I'm convinced I understood perfectly well with regards to where u're coming from..,

You preach freedom and the fun it brings thereafter as against qualitative education, long-lived edifying morals, and the "real exposure" not the such u preach, bt dat which builds the every you with professional connections and otherwise?.. My broda...,

grin grin grin grin grin

U must be a comedian.. cheesy cheesy
. I know a batch C corp member in Osun State, a graduate of political science from BABCOCK. In the course of our discussion, I asked her if she knows Kwame Nkrumah, she said she's hearing that name for the first time. I fainted literary lol. she now started telling me that most of their lecturers are Msc holders. She was really envious of what I could offer in the same field she graduated from. Point is, most of them are empty headed.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Elxandre(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
lasunakin:
Come to achievers and see wonder
I've been wanting info about that school o.. Tell me about the wonders bro cheesy
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Donpizzle(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
educational discrimination, tribalism, religious conflict... all in one country! infact... I just don't understand the beef with private unis.. seriously you choose to be in a fedral uni, that's fine. I choose to be in a private uni, totally my business. so what exactly is your problem OP??
"freedom is restricted" let them worry about that
"its expensive" you are not the one paying
"exposure" (really? maybe you should explain the kinda exposure you mean
"life on campus is fun" I can only laugh at this. morality is the key word. but since your definition of fun is clubbing, parties, dating, gossips (well I know you ll out grow that someday). and talking about meeting real people? hehe trust me you have no idea grin
"hard work is compulsory" and you think we don't work hard in private unis? well my dear, we do. the only difference is that we get to see the result of our hard work.. which makes working hard easy cheesy unlike in "some" federal schs that the hard work of a student is being frustrated..
"produce more mature graduates" maturity is an individual thing. private unis graduates are doing just fine.. you might be too hateful to see it buh it doesn't change the fact..
finally, its not the uni that matters, its what you can deliver smiley

well spoken....buh i must say that its better to be a graduate of public than a private....private skul graduates are seen by recruiters/employers as pple who were unable to pass UTME. Speakin frm a frnd's xperience.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Elxandre(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2015
finamaris:
U r just driving to a particular point. I hope u r aware dat most student in private uni r more exposed dan public
Very very true.
Most students in a private school belong to the elite class. So that comes with more exposure naturally.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Elxandre(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2015
NwaAnambra:
. I know a batch C corp member in Osun State, a graduate of political science from BABCOCK. In the course of our discussion, I asked her if she knows Kwame Nkrumah, she said she's hearing that name for the first time. I fainted literary lol. she now started telling me that most of their lecturers are Msc holders. She was really envious of what I could offer in the same field she graduated from. Point is, most of them are empty headed.
You met an Olodo.
A simpleton!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by mromokaro90: 9:28am On Apr 13, 2015
register as a dangote distributor in the on-going RIS scheme,and buy at retail and wholesale products,contact dr usman yahaya on 07064854564
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by felsunseg(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2015
private schools are for the rich dudes who have failed Jamb too many time to count
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by DatNotSoNyceGuy(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2015
I pity ur child
sanniabiola:
My only worry is why must a middle class parent send their kid to a private University when they cannot employ their child after graduation. It's unreasonable for you to attend Private University on loan, if your parent cannot assure you of a job as soon as you graduate in any good company, then the parent should rather use such loan to set up a company or business while you attend Public University and you get employed in your parent company when you finally graduate from public university. I have seen many graduate from private university wondering streets in search of job. It's painfully a waste of resources by the parents of such Kids
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by dejavu009: 9:42am On Apr 13, 2015
assu2013:
Hahaha if not all d professors excpt for poor onces
Don't mind the OP jare, l had an experience during my Msc days... there is this particular professor in my department, he will never show up for class, his project students cant even access him, you rarely see him and he's like a mini God in the department in a public uni...and this same professor is the same guy that lectured me in some courses when I was an undergraduate in a private uni, I had full time access to him, we use to have one on one conversation...... so whats the OP point, when your lecturers wont even come to class because they are in a private uni lecturing there
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2015
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE IS A PRIVATE INSTITUTION. On the basis of it level of discipline. code of dressing. and code of conduct.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Gentlebabs(m): 9:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Sibrah:

Really. The Govt spends average of N 300,000 per annum per student in public federal school(Uni.). Now when you compare what they are getting from those campuses and lecture hall to people paying as low as N 350,000 in some private school, the diff becomes clear. 20 hours a day power supply, good accommodation, and good record keeping. Add all the ugly things that goes on in a bid to get this 'subsidy' by all means and the gap becomes even wider.
It is only a matter of who is paying the bills.
. You are thinking. In a nutshell, public/federal universities are subsidised.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by lasunakin(m): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2015
Elxandre:

I've been wanting info about that school o.. Tell me about the wonders bro cheesy
Drop your questions bro
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 13, 2015
Promxy94:
Op have u heard of Igbinedion university before....if you have i then think you should know and believe that some private universities like Igbinedion are just exactly like public universities,no restrictions on students,u experience student life,the class is condusive for learning..........the only difference between Igbinedion university from public unis is just the school fees....

So op mind you not all private unis are glorified secondary school
Y did u reply d OP u shud ve read thru... He doesnt know wat igbinz is... he shud ask.. private sch dat dashes students 2.2 with much reading...
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2015
NwaAnambra:
I hope yu know your school, whether public or private, doesn't determine your mental ability?

Olodos are everywhere.....public or private.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by smudge2079(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2015
wink grin Tell me a private university dat dont treat their students like kids . Covenant? babcock, redeeemers, Jabu, Madonna, Bells? except maybe d one owned by ASari Dokubo
qbd2:
As for no 1, I beg to disagree. Not all private schoolsay discplinary rules as uve stated. Of course they usually have that right to make any rule as they like unlike public unis but surely only few of them treat students like kids.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2015
If these are the only reasons you can give, then its an epic fail! Please go back and try again later. grin
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Emodeee: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2015
dajoaneke:
What I loved about my school during my diploma days was that there were no restriction to visiting the opposite sex in the hostel. Unijos was & is still fun

y u no go lyk am? Wen una go dey fvck unasef for hostel.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by cityhood: 11:03am On Apr 13, 2015
Yes 70percent of private school goers dont really know to do go with their lifes after schooling!

Though they are from rich family plenty connections but still yet they cant control there life

For example i have a friend who attend babcock
He graduated since 2006 from now he cant even perform good ! Job he did getb
Busness he did flop to rubbish
Despite all the money being sent to him from america am the one now thats showing him the way! Of life since he likes to do busness!!

Now i attended a fed uni! Eventhogh my parent can afford not only schooling here in private scholl but to an well recomeDed school in the u.k. I thank God fr attending a public scholl
I see the real world!
I engage inbusness while in school!
I have shop thats sells provisions and even barbing saloon,
I have small campus shuttle car!
Mehn everyday i get money
In privat school eventhough you are industrious you cant do anything!

In some private school you cant even have a car!
While public do!

In private school too many fake lifes!
In public too many real life

In private school there bad are alwys over badd
While in public they use their senses while doing bad!

In private school despite all the huge fees!!!
Some of them federal uni even get light pass them!!!
Abu zaria 24hrs light! Garanty ask any body their

But when i went to this schoool at owo called achivers to visit i was just like opon the whole huge fees been paid 600k per year
No single light at all
Except 3hrs daily and thats even in the night 7 in The mrn till 9 am and the 7pm to 9 pm
With all the 600k persutdent
They cant even afford to pay nepa just to get an industrial light!
It really paind me. I thought my friend as just joking when she alwys say no light her phone is alwys off but when i went their i saw it with my eyes!!!
I say what rubbish!!!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Bellamoney(m): 11:06am On Apr 13, 2015
#i rep private university#
#i rep Igbins#

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Originalsly: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2015
Are these really reasons why one should not attend a private university?....or reasons why you should not attend a private university if you want to have fun? I expected to read about the level and recognition of certification but I guess these have very little to do in deciding if to go public or private.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2015
Bellamoney:
#i rep private university#
#i rep Igbins#
Are u still in iuo?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by cityhood: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
It may not be the reason to you
Am jst telling you my own view wish is visible
I thank God tht i meet the reall pple in real world while in public school!

Ut in private everthing na fakes!
Too many fakes things everyone want to feel amongst!

In public you tend to know your level!!!
And maitain your self
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Bellamoney(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2015
Christian My Engineering brother?
@cityhood,it is not just in private universities that 70% of students don't know wat to
Do with their life after school @least they know that after graduation they
Are on the next flight abroad for masters ......it is even worst in public universities
Where 90% of students still believe they will get a white collar job immediately
after school without having Employabilty skills.....talking about fake lifes....where did u think we
Learnt it from?...... In Corporate Nigeria it is called PACKAGING bro.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Msquare220:

1. Public universities allow for freedom and independence:

Let me ask you a simple question. Did you attend a Private University? If you did not, then you don't have solid evidence to back up your insinuations. Who says you are not free in a Private University. If your definition of freedom is to have free access to step out of the gate so you can engage in vices like binge drinking, partying or clubbing, then you really do have a warped understanding of freedom. Who says laws in public universities are not imposed? Flout one of them and see what happens to you. Its true that an adult should be free but there is also what you call discipline. That is part of what is instilled in a GOOD Private University. For those of you who say Private Universities have dress codes, I am yet to see one that has. I studied at Bowen University and there is no such thing as a dress code or a feeding time table (that's absolutely ridiculous! Where did you get that from?)

2. Cost of education:

Well I have to admit, this one has some element of truth. But then again, its a private university and they don't get Govt funding. Funding has to come from somewhere remember?

3. Public university g​ives “exposure” to students:

Exposure to what? I am a HOD in my workplace and I currently have three IT students. 2 are from 2 of Nigeria's most reputable Federal Institutions and 1 is from a Private University. When I give them new assignment they probably have never done before, the 2 "sharper" (let me borrow your description) guys will tell me they don't know it and cant do it because they have not taught them. The "Learner" on the other hand simply goes to Google and first of all tries to gather as much information as she can and attempts to put them to use despite the fact that she has never heard about the task before.

For your information, you still get to meet people of all sorts too in Private Universities. You meet Rebels, Radicals, Status quo challengers, innovators and comical guys too.

4. Life on and off campus is FUN:

And all these does not exist on Private Universities? Yes we may not go clubbing..........(someone tell me what benefit that brings to you) but we do have a social life and couples are not restricted either. They only have to limit their interactions to publicly accepted acts. Anything beyond that is trouble. In normal life too, you would expect that. You wouldn't allow your daughter to be smooched and pressed and probably shagged by some riffraff who doesn't give a shiit about her.

5. Hard work is compulsory:

And that to you is normal? - Lecturers not coming to class or giving out substandard lectures that don't cover enough ground or that consists of outdated information? Please remind me again, why are we having these argument when you readily admit that Public Universities have poor lecturing standards.

6. Public universities produce more mature graduates:
Well, I've been a graduate of a Private University fro more than 7 years now and I'm doing quite well. I've been to places and done things that the average Public University graduate wouldn't even dream about. I've mentored First Class products of institutions like UI and OAU and they are all doing fine.
-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mudiame University, Irrua, Edo In Pictures / Finally!! My JAMB Result Puts Smiles On My Face. / Gazali Tanimu Best Graduating Student In Saudi Arabia, King Fahad University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.