Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Single Men On Valentine's Day. . - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Men On Valentine's Day. . (6385 Views)

10 Romantic Text Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine’s Day / Things Smart, Single Men Look For In A Woman / Letter To Single Men From Single Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Vuitton(m): 9:33am On Jan 29, 2009
Kini big deal

Yeah am single but i wudnt mind a nice girl tho kiss

On vals, id prolly wanna hookup with a desperate girl and take advantage of her needs for cash or company.

Alternatively, red label, jack daniels or some cognac will be most welcome. cool

Vals is jus hype and very misinterpreted in 9ja, i could catch up on sleep that day since its a saturday. undecided
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by nzeaji(m): 10:41am On Jan 29, 2009
Most single men will take a single lady out undecided undecided undecided undecided

but at the end of the day will end up "firing down" wink wink smiley grin

you know now smiley smiley
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Vuitton(m): 11:06am On Jan 29, 2009
shocked
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by whitelexi(m): 11:14am On Jan 29, 2009
Hopefully i'll be working on Val's day. . . However, in the past, i remember sitting at home having a drink + some meat, and watching nice movies on val's day if i was single. In the evenings i'd lie in my bed with the lights off and curtains drawn, listening to kenny G and yanni. . . Instrumental music has a unique way of opening the mind up, and it helps with my reflections on the past and what the future holds.

I like to console myself with the thought that if a girl is not presently with me, then she probably doesn't deserve me grin
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by ladej(m): 11:46am On Jan 29, 2009
well i guess u can love someone if u are single, it could be a young cousin, mum, dad, friend, neighbour. it is a made up date by people years and years ago. though i dont necessarily agree with it u still have to show love to a partner when the day comes if u dont want wahala
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by otokx(m): 12:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
its just like any other day for now.
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by amaikama(m): 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2009
so, all of una na only val day una dey show love to una girlfriend, boyfriend, motherless, widows etc? shame for una?
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by kufreabasi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2009
it is a personal decision day between you and the one you love
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by topup: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2009
I don't think I even acknowledged Valentine's day, until I started dating, as a single woman, it really isn't a big deal either, unless you wish you had someone to share it with badly, and though a lot of us are hopeless romantics, we're pretty sane too, but the media makes Valentine's day (in the UK anyway) into such a big thing, I went to the supermarket 2 weeks ago, and there were Valentines cards, teddy bears and a section was dedicated to all the memorabilia.

Seeing those teddy bears and cards and chocolates, it kinda made me wish I had a reason to get some, but. . duh! you need a guy in your life to get one don't you? So you

Well, you know what? I'm going back to the store, but this time, I'm gonna get some cards and chocolates for my dearest. . . mum. smiley
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by ebonie(f): 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2009

Valentines day is just round the corner.
Show your love and send a basket of FRESH FLOWERS.
For your orders and bookings, please call 08098PURPLE, 07028065951 or d_ebonie@yahoo.com
Order now to avoid rush.
You also get a free gift for orders placed before February 8th.

, We even deliver !!!

PURPLE TOUCH
(Event decoration and Flower arrangements)

Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by cvibe: 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2009
Topup,

Are those words from a woman who is single and loving it, or so sad she can't bag a man?
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by ymme: 2:11pm On Jan 29, 2009
For many people double-dating,val is a day of many excusies, i will be busy at my office too,  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by topup: 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2009
cvibe:

Topup,

Are those words from a woman who is single and loving it, or so sad she can't bag a man?

Lol, even if I was 'so sad' would I admit it?? Well, I used to wish I could have romance and a relationship, but then I realised that I actually cannot fulfil the romance at this stage in my life. First of all I am still studying in University, and my course is extremely competitive, I never have money to waste, so I can't be galavanting from his place to mine, it's almost a miracle that my last relationship ended before Christmas and definitely before Valentines, don't get me wrong, I'm not broke, but all the ideas I have for a successful relationship and how I would love to be in one, I actually don't have the means currently. Yeah, if the guy was in the same situation it would be fine, but I am not interested in students as much anymore.

I won't lie and say I'm loving being single, because there are times when you have had enough of 'girl-time' I live with 5 other girls and we've pretty much talked about everything there is to talk, and we are super close. Then you want the boyfriend you can watch movies with, and go to dinner with etc. .

I am sensible enough to accept that a relationship just doesn't fit into the equation of my life right now, but to be honest, no guys that I've been interested in have come my way, maybe if a dashing, young, smart, ambitious, guy approached me I would be saying something different, but as for now, the guys in my university are pretty average, and 'just wanna have fun' - types. That's okay with me, I'm gonna have my fun too smiley

- And that's my brief answer  tongue grin!
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by bluaces: 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2009
Funny how the ideology of Val's day not making sense draws emotions from those who call it just another day.

Anyways,it's just another day but not just another day, its another day to escape the mob crowd mentality and think for me,

But certainly been neo-colonial mentality or not, its kinda kool for folks who forget abt showing love daily to discharge from their love tanks a little, but this val, would be taking an exam, undecided
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by danedrol: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
undecided
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by sinaayo(f): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2009
Lovelace:

Here we go again.
What does it matter if you are single on the friggin' day.
Live your life,spend everyday with people that matter to you. Who cares about the 14th.
Just another avenue for some people to get dumped anyways.
Vuitton:

Kini big deal

On vals, id prolly wanna hookup with a desperate girl and take advantage of her needs for cash or company.

Alternatively, red label, jack daniels or some cognac will be most welcome. cool

Vals is jus hype and very misinterpreted in 9ja, i could catch up on sleep that day since its a saturday. undecided
Vuitton:

Kini big deal

Vals is jus hype and very misinterpreted in 9ja, i could catch up on sleep that day since its a saturday. undecidedtake it easy,and shine ur face.
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by springss: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2009
topup:

I don't think I even acknowledged Valentine's day, until I started dating, as a single woman, it really isn't a big deal either, unless you wish you had someone to share it with badly, and though a lot of us are hopeless romantics, we're pretty sane too, but the media makes Valentine's day (in the UK anyway) into such a big thing, I went to the supermarket 2 weeks ago, and there were Valentines cards, teddy bears and a section was dedicated to all the memorabilia.

Seeing those teddy bears and cards and chocolates, it kinda made me wish I had a reason to get some, but. . duh! you need a guy in your life to get one don't you? So you

Well, you know what? I'm going back to the store, but this time, I'm gonna get some cards and chocolates for my dearest. . . mum. smiley

It appear Valentine's day expectation is a case of the 'Abilene Paradox', in which a group of people collectively decide on a course of action that is counter to the preferences of any of the individuals in the group.

Guys don't give much of a hoot and ladies like don't really care that much, but we believe the other party expects us to do something, which we do and then expect something back even though we really don't care. Doesn't really make sense,

So why don't folks tell their partners that Valentine's day does not hold a special significance and end the pressure?
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by cvibe: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2009
Topup

You need to go out to places of interest you hope to bag your kinda man. Just out of interest, which part of the UK are you in?
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Busybody2(f): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2009
C2H5OH:

Because it's nothing.

What are you doing?

Answer H202 na, you don't wanna leave a gentleman like him hanging wink Cvibe back off angry angry angry tongue
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by cvibe: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
Busy, r u campaigning for h2o2?
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by DaPhoenix(f): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
I don't think that day matters much to them.
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Busybody2(f): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2009
cvibe:

Busy, r u campaigning for h2o2?

Yeah embarassed He is a very shy, nice, gentle, caring and patient guy with such a good heart who cannot say boo to an ant, he deserves a good woman like top-up who would boost his confidence so that he can speak up more for himself wink
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by sleekdoc: 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ topup
I feel u girl, seems we share the same ideas, hola n lets give it a twirl, who knows we may jus hit it off, wink
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by cvibe: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2009
Busy

No woman likes a wussy guy.
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Busybody2(f): 12:16am On Jan 30, 2009
cvibe:

Busy

No woman likes a wussy guy.

Glad I am not the only one who can see that H202 is a wussy guy grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by agaba123(m): 12:19am On Jan 30, 2009
busy_body
kiss kiss kiss wink where have u been?
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Busybody2(f): 12:30am On Jan 30, 2009
hey boo, i have missed you die, i thought you dumped me for danke angry glad to have you back kiss
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Busybody2(f): 12:31am On Jan 30, 2009
Where were you, i even chased you into the auto section and saw where you called another woman babe angry I don vex plus you angry angry angry grin
grin
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by agaba123(m): 12:33am On Jan 30, 2009
baby no way. My location has never chan ;Dged.

I enjoy it there. you are the best
may be the person I called babe is under 10.

You are baby not babe.
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by agaba123(m): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2009
Baby please no vex you hear kiss kiss kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Busybody2(f): 12:42am On Jan 30, 2009
agaba123:

baby no way. My location has never chan ;Dged.

I enjoy it there. you are the best
may be the person I called babe is under 10.

You are baby not babe.

I don vex angry angry angry I don turn to stalker because of you, i wrote you poems, love letters, etc and you did not even acknowledge it angry i even followed you into kaypinchi's thread in the auto section today angry I want a divorce and thats not because i have always wanted 75% of everything you own angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Single Men On Valentine's Day. . by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 30, 2009
Iyalode, na wa for u ooooooooooooooooo

@post
LOL, men don't care much for valentines jare.
And valentines is mostly for the ladies cheesy
When ppl think valentines, they automatically think love.
It's not always the case, abeg, friends give each other gifts, go out together, party, and go shopping.

What I love about "here" is that valentines is not always about buy me buy you stuff.
It's about being together wink Y'all should see the valentine parties they throw and valentine grams they give out. tongue
Can't wait for this years smiley Def staying on campus with friends this time. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

His Fiancee Of 7yrs Cheated With Her Ex For 4 Months / Why Are "Ugly" Girls More Seductive Than Neat And Beautiful Girls?? / I Need Confirmation Or If Anyone Else Has Been In This Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.