Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (199806 Views)

Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada? / Car Shipment From Uk To Nigeria / Help With Car Shipment From California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sunolat: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2007
Sultaan/Adexfem,
Thanks for the response and advise.

Adexfem,
I will call or email you.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2007
Longman,
That is true i usually assign securities for my roro cars even if they are not 06/07.
But you and i know the cost of these 06/07 cars.Most people use containers for these cars.
I will advise you to use roro if you are shipping just one car, but if you have more than one car, then its better you use container.Thanks.

ricki,
Good observation, they smuggle the cars through the neighboring borders, Cotonou, Togo and the rest.

Sunolat,
will be expecting.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Honda29: 12:51am On Nov 04, 2007
Please how much does it cost to ship a car from Germany/Europe to Lagos?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by obua: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2007
approx 90k to 100k equivalent
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Honda29: 12:30am On Nov 06, 2007
@Obua

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Honda29: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2007
Can someone please recommend a reliable car shipping agent based in Germany, preferably in Frankfurt. Thanks in advance.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by babasin(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2007
call 'Grimaldi' they come Lagos every 10days.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by DeepThough: 6:28am On Jan 17, 2008
Thanks to all contributors on this thread.
Looks like most contributors are familiar with the U.S only?

I am also interested in shipping a car to Nigeria from Calgary , Canada. I'm thinking of a 2000 and up model luxury car and wonder if anyone has an idea of how much it would cost and how to get a good shipping agent from Canada?

Would be grateful for any leads
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by enibaba(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2008
Can't be sure but someone living in Canada once told me that all cars leaving Canada port must be containerised.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by wweekes(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

Im a shipping company that does Roll on Roll off shipping for cars and suv's from 1500.00 to 2600.00 depending on the size and the country its going to. We are also a DHL Authorized shipping center that provides 30-40 percent off of all DHL shipments, We also do ocean cargo to Nigeria @ $350 per CBM. We are located in Orange, NJ, and accept Credit Cards for all DHL Shipments. We are a licensed and bonded company and licensed with the FMC as a NVOCC. for more information please contact us @ 973-674-8932. or via email at wweekes@gmail.com

--
WESLEY W. WEEKES JR.
International Logistics Coordinator
WW Messenger & Shiping Co.
51 Main St.
Orange, NJ 07050
Phone: 973-674-8932
Fax: 973-675-1300
Email: wweekes@gmail.com
A DHL Preferred Provider
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ogb5(m): 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
I want to buy a car in Europe.
If the car is registered to me in Europe will I need to clear it in Nigeria when I return with it?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by komekn(m): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2008
Guys in the know,
I have big beef with US freight companies they just will not give you a definite date when your car leaves the US to Nigeria this has happened to me at least 7/8 times why ? and you can be waiting for months.
If I ship from Tilbury(London) i will a have a definite date and get my bill of laden within 48hrs.
On occasion i have had to ship from the US to the UK and then to Lagos, when time is of the essence.
Any ideas suggestions ?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by wweekes(m): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2008
th reason why is because you ship with non nvocc's that are not registered with the container lines or vessel lines. Im a NVOCC shipper out of NJ that ships from ports in New Jersey, Baltimore and Jacksonville. I deal directly with steamlines that are able to give me definite dates. Another reason is that your proberly deal with companies that ship containers for a bigger profit, but the hold their containers until they are full. So that means your cargo wont move until their container is full. My sailing schedule is weekly and I can tell you your ETA once your car or cargo is delivered to the port.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sangy: 2:29am On Feb 03, 2008
Does anybody know an affordable shipping company that i could use from Florida to ship cars to Nigeria. I have cars to ship and i need the info.

I also have a friend in Los Angeles who will be interested in a cheap shipping company to ship 2 or 3 cars to Naija. Right now the quote he is getting is around $6300 and that is just too high.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by wweekes(m): 9:55am On Feb 03, 2008
sangy send me an email at wweekes@gmail.com, with th information for th cars from florida, i can help you out
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by FLORIDACAR: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2008
NEED TO SHIP CARS FROM FLORIDA TO NIGERIA?
from jacksonville $1350, any other part of FLORIDA STATE
$1700. DUE TO LONG HAUL ACROSS THE STATE.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Eluala(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
Guys,

I'm in love with the quality of minds and of course information present in this forum. There seem to be a lot of experience with shipping from the US.

Can someone please help me answer the following questions?

1. How much does it cost to ship 20' and 40' containers respectively filled with auto parts from Dubai to Lagos?
2. How much does it cost to clear same at Lagos port?
3. How about hauling the stuff to Port Harcourt (My base)?
4. Can you recommend good shipping lines/agents in DUBAI?
5. Please I need an experienced, honest and professional freight forwarding/clearing agent in Lagos
6. Do I require any form of licensing/registration with Nigeria Customs Service before I can import Auto Parts?

Please help me with answers.

Regards,
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by FLORIDACAR: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2008
WHY AUTO PART FROM DUBAI?
when 90% of cars in Dubai came from UNITED State.
my brother go to the source, i.e , USA. for your auto&part biz.
most especially SOUTH FLORIDA. where we have thousands
of LATINO GUYS TO HELP YOU WITH whatever you may need.
both olds & NEWER.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Eluala(m): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2008
@ Florida

Bros I'll appreciate any help as per your suggestion. Me I never go YANKEE before and I no go lie you I taya for the wahala of getting their visa.

Anyway as a hustling Igboman, I can do better by challenging the HERO in me, and just do it.

Please show me the way. I will gladly follow if it will lead to PARADISE and increase my N and K factor.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by FLORIDACAR: 4:25am On Feb 20, 2008
@ELUALA.

Honestly, litlle efforts, more prayer & prayers take you to US.
I dont think anyone get to America because you smart.
try my E-MAIL. MAY BE WE TALK .
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by wweekes(m): 3:01am On Feb 23, 2008
SHIPPING COST OF CARS TO WEST AFRICA.

Category I Category II Category III
up to 400 cft 401-650 cft 651-899 cft
Used Cars Used Small Vans Used Big Vans

Dakar & Tema: $1,210.00 $1,255.00 $1,575.00

Lagos $1,345.00 $1,400.00 $1,895.00

Douala,
Pointe Noire,
Monrovia,
Banjul,
Conakry,
Freetown $1,650.00 $1,950.00 $2,290.00

Luanda & Boma $1,695.00 $1,750.00 $2,145.00

Lome & Cotonou $1,400.00 $1,480.00 $1,825.00

*******All Cotonou Shipments are subject to a $35 Cargo Tracking Note**

--
WESLEY W. WEEKES JR.
International Logistics Coordinator
WW Messenger & Shipping Co.
51 Main St.
Orange, NJ 07050
Phone: 973-674-8932
Fax: 973-675-1300
Mobile: 804-926-3708
Email: wweekes@gmail.com
A DHL Preferred Provider

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ToToChoper: 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2008
These DHL guys in Lag,do they have dealings with the NDLEA?

I ran into an old acquaintance last year who told me his bill of laden was seized by the NDLEA. They wanted him to come to their office and explain how got the funds to send some containers filled with late model cars and jeeps.
What baffles me is how the NDLEA got a hold of his self addressed letter.

Anyway, after speaking with him,I
figured either he had his hands caught in a cookie jar doing something he shouldn't have been doing or that these two entities work close-handedly.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by dejavoe(m): 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2008
@honda09
im based in Frankfurt Area
contact me tru sms on +49(0)1775573606
What type of car/Buses are you looking to ship to Nigeria?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Buy2Sell: 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2008
All,

I need to ship one 2007 Toyota Camry from Houston to Lagos in a container, kindly direct me to a reliable shipping company that I can use in Houston, TX.
And I believe consolidation is what I will be doing, since I am shipping only one vehicle.

Your prompt and valuable response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by kenechi411: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2008
For those of you shipping cars to Nigeria, visit www.CarAdore.com for the fastest and cheapest way to sell your car. It is a free website to list cars for sale. Yes, FREE!

I love the site! It is new and very easy to use. I recently posted some cars there and already have inquiries from the site while my cars are still in transit to Naija.

I'm happy that there are services like this made available for the Nigerian buyers. Visit www.CarAdore.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sas11: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2008
how much will u clear a car manufactured in 2001-2002, honda, 406, mr adex
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by FLORIDACAR: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2008
FOR THOSE THAT NEED TO SHIP CARS FROM ANYWHERE IN U.S.A.
CONTACT THIS GUYS @, DESMONDCARS@YAHOO.COM.
THEY ARE THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO SHIPMENT OF AUTOS
TO NIGERIA BOTH RO/RO & CONTAINER.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by neffi7: 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2008
all this talk about shipping, we can obviously see an approx rates of shipping from all these posts, also som ppl we can reach out to concerning shipping

me i want to know how much it is to clear these cars at the lagos port and who to contact concerning the same.

thanks
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by earthrealm(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2008
wch of the ports is better when shipping cars fron the US to naija?

is it tincan or apapa?, in terms of security of ease in clearing??
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by deebeeg(f): 10:10pm On May 12, 2008
Hi all, anyone have an idea of shipping cars to nigeria from canada?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Delta007(m): 11:48pm On May 12, 2008
deebeeg:

Hi all, anyone have an idea of shipping cars to nigeria from canada?
To ship from Canada to Lagos, you have to containerise. Email me at delta00755 at yahoo dot com. I'd give you some links. Whereabouts are u based?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by gesi: 4:06pm On May 14, 2008
how much would it cost to ship a car from the u.k to lagos? This includes the cost of clearing the goods from the port .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos) / ***Pre-Order Your Dream Car -USA & GERMANY. Exact Costs - No inflated charges*** / Buy Your Cars At Cotonu At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.