Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (199720 Views)

Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada? / Car Shipment From Uk To Nigeria / Help With Car Shipment From California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Georgiedey(m): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2009
I can help u clear ur cars at very reasonable cost and assured a reliable a trusthworthy service.contact.george and tel no-08023788603
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Caspery: 12:10am On Sep 07, 2009
Please who has any idea of how much it costs to ship and clear a car from the UK to Nigeria?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by OCEANLANE: 6:51am On Sep 07, 2009
For shipment of CONTAINER and VEHICLES from USA to AFRICA , please contact :

OCEANLANE SHIPPING SARL
PK 10 - Route Porto Novo
02 BP 1542 COTONOU - BENIN
Tel / Fax : +229 21 37 71 84
E-Mail : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail.com

Web : www.oceanlane-shipping.com ( AFRICA )
www.oceanems.com ( USA )

Mobile Tel : +229 97 97 40 40 / +1 678 389 9840
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Bruvdotcom(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2009
@Caspery; I stand to be corrected,
I reckon it costs approx. £500 - £700 to ship a "regular" car from the UK to Nigeria. There is a RORO port @ Tilbry, Essex.
Contact a shipping agent from the yellow pages to make more enquiries, (cost, documents required, timescales, transportation of vehicle, etc, )
You need your V5, passport and some contact details, etc

Try http://www.shipping-london.co.uk/ContactUs.html or call free: 0800 652 2814 / 0208 527 0422 [Your car must be less than 9yrs old though]

Cheers'
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
I'm disposing of my boo's 307 leather seats (She is going abroad for further studies)[color=#770077], alloy wheels very very good condition. Priced to sell quickly.[/color], Serious buyers only - please call 08065360433
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Pelpelly(m): 2:53am On Sep 21, 2009
Check this out: www.YourPriceAutos.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by jamace(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2009
Please o, everybody help. I have read the whole thread and did not see anything like importing vehicles from China/Japan. May I ask if  anything is wrong with importing cars from China/Japan?  If nothing, please how much will it cost to get Toyota Camry 2000 model to Lagos from Japan?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by bigred247: 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
Hi,

I am looking to export some cars to Nigeria from the UK and was hoping that somebody could help assist me? If somebody could help give me 'an idiot's guide to exporting to Nigeria' i would much appreciate it. I will be looking to export approx 2 vehicles using a 20ft container?

1. What are the costs involved in transportation?
2. Which options are available? 20 - 40ft containers etc, is there other alternatives?
3. What are the tax, duty and fees involved from door to door?
4. Can these fees be avoided?
5. Do you have any affiliated companies in the UK? or could you recommend freight forwarders that are good and cheap?
6. How can i be reassured that once my cars have been docked in Nigeria they do not go missing/stolen? Basically, how do i protect myself from loss?
7. How easy is it to sell a car?
8. Which cars tend to be more popular? i.e. VW, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Toyota, Honda etc,
9. What are the profitable returns in Nigeria? i.e. if a VW Golf 2.0 GTI year 2000 costs £3000 in the UK how much could i sell it for in Nigeria?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by bidemi12(m): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Bigred247 Seems like we are in the same boat. In my case, the location is from chicago to Lagos. If anyone can help i beg help us.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ib612(m): 5:14am On Oct 01, 2009
If you intend to buy automobiles in U.S and or Canada, contact me with your need.
kolaotedola@yahoo.ca or 1 416 939 1886. Pls, no toying around and no time wasters.
I've read your piece, AEL, this guys are really good. I've used them and i believe they are better than most on the same street, like, IBL, though they've moved; i mean IBL.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2009
if you are shipping from the UK contact- Baldan Ltd 4,Golden square london W1R 3AE England

If US, contact www.aesshipping.com or www.zim.com for containerised cargo.
I am a clearing agent in Lagos, i will help you clear your cars or container.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Dave6: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2009
@adexfem

How're you doing?
I've been reading this thread which I just saw today and have even copied your email and phone number with some info.

Please how much would it cost me (Total) to Ship(I know it depends on the company, but give me an average), Clear and if any additional costs, A 2008 Toyota Camry.
Is it cheaper to buy and ship than to buy in Cotonou?

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ib612(m): 4:13am On Oct 02, 2009
Dave
Where are you buying from?
What's the price you got in Cotonou?
Buying a 2008, 4cly or 6cly, from U.S or Canada costs you $12000
Shipping, RORO, via ACL, costs you $1200
Clearing, well let Femi answer that one
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Dave6: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
ib612
Thanks a lot.
I'm in Nigeria. I intend to make the purchase before the end of this month.
As for the price in Cotonou, I really don't know, but I'll find out from guys that go there to get vehicles.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ib612(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
Dav.e:

The best deal, my opinion, is to avoid Cotonou. Why? you'll eventually run into problem with the customs in 9ja unless you have the custom duties paid for the car. Nja cleared vehicles are better and comes with rest of mind.
For any assistance, please call : 1 416 939 1886 or kolaotedola@hotmail.com; kolaotedola@yahoo.ca
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ Dav.e,

the shipping charges varies as you said, lets say between $1100 and $1400 for roro.

Clearing in Lagos is ,

So do your calculations.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2009
adexfem:

@ Dav.e,

the shipping charges varies as you said, lets say between $1100 and $1400 for roro.

Clearing in Lagos is 650k

So do your calculations.

Clearing a car is 650k?
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by ib612(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2009
The answer is what kind of car is been cleared. Don't be surprised by that amount of 650,000. Smaller cars, like 1999/00 camry or accord costs considerably less.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by 1export: 1:05am On Nov 19, 2009
Our company can check for good priced cars for you from Europe and make the transport arrangements to anywhere in Africa.
Let me know the model you are interested.
Will soon finnish the website and will post the pictures all there as well.

info@1import.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sonety2k(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2009
jamace:

Please o, everybody help. I have read the whole thread and did not see anything like importing vehicles from China/Japan. May I ask if  anything is wrong with importing cars from China/Japan?  If nothing, please how much will it cost to get Toyota Camry 2000 model to Lagos from Japan?

I  can  get  you  the  Toyota  Camry  2000  model  from  Japan or  but  is  going to  be  RHD or  any Japanese cars   and  if  you  are  intrested  send  mail or phone  me = sonetauto@yahoo.com or +81-9017-259102

Regard

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sonety2k(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
Nissan X-Trail 2001/2 also from Japan

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sonety2k(m): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
Nissan X-Trail 2001/2 also from Japan

Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by nairaxchan: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2009
i need to know how much it would cost to clear a 2007 honda crv and if i should use RORO, to ship because i am more concerned about the safety of the car, if using RoRo which shipping line is the best.

Please post answers here or my email olaolu_oluwi@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by confluence: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
@sonety2k
.what is the cost of that camry or the xrail from your end? what is the conversion cost too.
Also i want to ask if it is cheaper to buy large quantity of of used engines and ship to nigeria to make some nice profit from it.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by sonety2k(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2009
confluence:

@sonety2k
.what is the cost of that camry or the xrail from your end? what is the conversion cost too.
Also i want to ask if it is cheaper to buy large quantity of of used engines and ship to nigeria to make some nice profit from it.

Price List
Nissan X-Trail -- $6,000 upward depending on options
Camry --- $ 2,000 upward depending on options

Yes its possible to buy large quantity of used engines form Japan and make nice profit but you have to be in Japan your self to know what types of engine you are going to buy and load inside container and not send money to some one i Japan to load engine for u while u stay in 9ja u are going to lost money ooooooooo that's my 2yen for u sir But if you need Cars/SUV i could buy any type and send it down to 9ja for you . I have some Camry 98 , Honda 98 , Mustang 98 ,and Nissan X Trail 2002 in case you need them in Japan , you can mail me - sonetauto@yahoo.com or call +81-901725-9102

I also have 2 Unit of Nissan X-Trail 2002, Honda Acura 98, Honda Accord 98 in 9ja presently in case you might be intersted
Regard
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2009
dear friends esp Adexfem and AMERICANEX and other good hearts.

i'm on hoilday in maryland and want to send cars to nigeria (for family). one mercedes r350 2009 model and one toyota camry 2005 model.

question:

since the mercedes law of no exportation of cars under two years, how do i export this vehicle to nigeria. i bought it brand new from mercedes but have used it here(and still using) for 2 months now. intend shipping by the 14th december.

toyota camry is a used one.

whats the best price to ship roro / container

whats the fastest and most reliable means (i don't want dramatic companies pls)

I read from ur advice that ACL is good and a little pricy, but i also read counter comments from real customers that vehicles stayed for 5 months.

pls advice urgently
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2009
cooljade:

dear friends esp Adexfem and AMERICANEX and other good hearts.

i'm on hoilday in maryland and want to send cars to nigeria (for family). one mercedes r350 2009 model and one toyota camry 2005 model.

question:

since the mercedes law of no exportation of cars under two years, how do i export this vehicle to nigeria. i bought it brand new from mercedes but have used it here(and still using) for 2 months now. intend shipping by the 14th december.

toyota camry is a used one.

whats the best price to ship roro / container

whats the fastest and most reliable means (i don't want dramatic companies pls)

I read from your advice that ACL is good and a little pricy, but i also read counter comments from real customers that vehicles stayed for 5 months.

pls advice urgently

As long as the Benz is fully registered, then you can export it. I believe that Benz will only refuse if you are exporting a new car directly out of the country. You are free to do whatever you want with it after its been registered in your name first in the US. Hence, its considered a "pre-owned/used car".

I think you can use Hoegh line. It also depends on the time you are exporting it. You can find out from AES Shipping in NJ(AESSHIPPING.COM) to know if there's is availability of space for Dec. 14. Speak with Mike. And you can drop off from Baltimore port there with no problem

I will guess that since most Xmas shipment are already gone, you shouldn't have a problem. Again, its just my guess. Check with them yourself.

Good luck in what you do.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
@cooljade, as long as you have a title for the benz you can go ahead with the shipment.I will also recommend AES shipping.Ask them for a quote and the next available vessel to lagos. It takes less than 4 weeks for the vessel to get to lagos. I can help you take care of the clearing in lagos.Securing your vehicles is no problem.[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 1:53am On Nov 24, 2009
@Kunle, thanks. i contacted AESshipping and some mike guy responded and attached two forms for me to fill and return. i have also asked him the questions you suggested. thanks. but how safe are the cars with AES shipping roro, i'm scared about the stories of theft or dented vehicles. pls advice

@ Adexfem, thank you too. Kindly advice how long it will take you to clear cars from the ports and how much it would cost, 1. mercedes r350 and 1 toyota camry 2005 model. regards. pls be honest and no sweet talks and empty promises
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 1:59am On Nov 24, 2009
cooljade:

@Kunle, thanks. i contacted AESshipping and some mike guy responded and attached two forms for me to fill and return. i have also asked him the questions you suggested. thanks. but how safe are the cars with AES shipping roro, i'm scared about the stories of theft or dented vehicles. pls advice

Time has changed from when people are able to steal anyhow from the cars.
The govt has since cleansed the port and rid it of all the junkies and now they have a shoot at site policy.
So your ride will be safe.
I do AES RoRo often and no problem at all.

cooljade:

@ Adexfem, thank you too. Kindly advice how long it will take you to clear cars from the ports and how much it would cost, 1. mercedes r350 and 1 toyota camry 2005 model. regards. pls be honest and no sweet talks and empty promises

I have never met Femi before, but i can recommend him anytime of the day.
He is open, honest and reliable . . . . . clear all my rides for me.
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 2:12am On Nov 24, 2009
@ Fhemmmy, long time. remember me?

Thanks on the recommendation but i wonder how he clears your cars without you meeting him??

Anyways, for those who have used the AES shipping, i was charged $1070 per car for roro, is it too high or can i beat it down? pls advice.

also i'm thinking of attending an auction (never been to one), what do i do? how do i know a car isn't a "LEMON"
Re: Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 2:23am On Nov 24, 2009
cooljade:

@ Fhemmmy, long time. remember me?

Thanks on the recommendation but i wonder how he clears your cars without you meeting him??

Anyways, for those who have used the AES shipping, i was charged $1070 per car for roro, is it too high or can i beat it down? pls advice.

also i'm thinking of attending an auction (never been to one), what do i do? how do i know a car isn't a "LEMON"

My memory seems to be failing me, pls, help me out.

I never met Femi before, but i met him on NairaLand, and i have my representatives in Nigeria to meet up with him and given a green light, been using him since and no regrets.
You will know a lemon by checking the carfax report.
By test driving the ride and getting a mechanic's opinion.
Also, when the price is too good to be true, and the mileage, watch out.
Stay away from flooded rides and front hit accidental rides.
Make friend with a good mechanic or allow Mr. Cooljade to check it out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos) / ***Pre-Order Your Dream Car -USA & GERMANY. Exact Costs - No inflated charges*** / Buy Your Cars At Cotonu At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.