Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! (64840 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Can You Marry A Lady That Has Cohabited With Another Man? / Girls Who Cohabited In The University (jwonder's Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by ideykwum: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
I see your logic and it makes sense, however, do you know how many men are emotionally scarred by such relationships that have gone sour? I tell people that we are lucky in Nigeria because our religious institutions bridge the gap for physiological issues and psychiatry ( I wasn't surprised when I read somewhere that 45% of Nigerians have psychiatric problems). In my opinion, Nigerian marriages are failing more these days, not because of village juju, but because many scarred people are coming together without targeted counselling!

It's okay to assist people, but when there is an emotional and romantic undertone to it, it needs to be approached with extreme caution! My advice on this is: Never venture!!

quote author=50calibre post=32651791]

Normally, I will concur with what you said but in this case, I disagree!

You don't know what they've got going on, you don't know their level of committment to each other. If you can say a guy shouldn't cater for his girlfriend who isn't too financially well off, then you can as well say the guy shouldn't be catered for by anyone who isn't related to him.

Life is more than that, People do things for people they don't even know, talk more a girlfriend. As long as she's is genuine and not using or taking advantage of him, it's ok.

You've got to make sacrifices for the ones you care about (more so the ones who care about you), take chances on people, same way you would want people to take chances on you.[/quote]
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by kobonaire(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
RottenTomato:
U lack commonsense! U must be a very stu.pid person! The Op is far better and wiser than u! Fool!!!
Your signature is self descriptive of your low intellect and character.
I suggest you and the dunce of an OP get together because only then will there really be 1 complete brain in the room grin

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by garriboy(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
Guilt is making many girls here blast the op but really let's look at it. If u cohabit wit one guy and break up and cohabit wit d next guy and d next and d next, would u still feel u have worth (I'm not talking about bride price mind u)? Seriously wat r we saying. Now some girls would say in dis case they will choose dose dey would and won't cohabit wit and it will beg another question; how do u decide whom u can cohabit with, since d last one u were so sure of, u ended up breaking up with. And before u blast the op again answer urself honestly to the question; will u like to mention to ur present bf that at some point u cohabited with some person(s)? I mean honestly answer urself. Make we talk true na
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nicklaus(m): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
RottenTomato:
Shut up! Mugu!
you don't wanto do that.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
You are just senseless!!! Where did u leave ur brain? In a pit toilet?

have u called dem lipsrsealed
Rapmoney:
You are just senseless!!! Where did u leave ur brain? In a pit toilet?

have u called dem

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by MarcB: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
jahjehova:
I can see you are cohabiting. If not, e no go pain you as e dey do so. I repeat RapMoney's question; are they gaining value

tell them! See them talking morals which of them did not sleep with a girl while in school... Except the one who is socially sick. Who still commits the act in his heart day dreaming. Right or wrong is relative in this sense
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Gracyel(f): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Blebleswag:

U moniker says it all anyway
Dont mind the hypocrite jare!

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Does she have any physical or mental conditions causing her to fall sick? You didn'tmentioned any. If not, try not to make excuses for her. The more she experiences life, the stronger she will get. Visiting another country sounds like a great opportunity, even if it's only for business purposes, not something for you to worry over. This business idea is going to cost you financially, initially, but if you're ready to pay the costs, then ok.. I thought you needed money immediately. You two can also look into utilizing your skills to make some money. Anyway, you two have been together for a long time and love each other, I'm sure you will be okay.

martyns303:

Thanks for your comment, about my expenses on her, I have no regrets whatsoever. We have both made sacrifices for each other. I have found that, either way people will talk, if I were not doing the things am doing, the story would have been. " look at a girl that was there for him, and today he doesn't care about her".

About her starting a business, we have talked about it, she wanted to buy shoes and be selling to her course mates and other people, which will be easier for her kind of person, as she is very very lively and really likeable. She have a friend who goes to a neighboring country to buy stuffs like that and wants to go with her. The problem is my GF is not that kind of strong person to bear active stresses, she appears to be agile on the outside but at the end of the day she falls really sick and I have to baby sit her or she goes home to her mom.

She really wants to do this business to help, am just concerned for her.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:
I often wonder where Nigerian youths copied this nonsense from because even students in universities in America, Asia and Europe do not engage in this trashy act as we do over here!!! Yet, we still call them agents of immorality?

I just feel, deep within my heart, that girls who cohabit or cohabited in the university do not desrve any dime as bride price paid on them! They should just follow their would-be husband to his house, free of charge and continue where they stopped in school!

A girl cohabits with a guy for 4 to 5 years in school; this means the dude would bleep her through out those years (free of charge o!), she would perform wifely duties for him...cooking, cleaning, washing, providing emotional wifely support, etc (free of charge too o!). Now, what's still left in such a body? If she can bleep a dude for years without any dime paid on her, coupled with the numerous wifely duties, then what's the need of paying a dime on her as diary or bride price? If that bloke that bleeped her for years didn't pay a dime on her where families would meet, eat and drink and pray, why should I pay a dime on her head? Worse of it is that this dude enjoyed all what he enjoyed free of charge! Now, why should I be requested to pay for same? Common, that's not fair! What's sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander!!!

From Delsu to Lasu, from Uniben to OOU, from Uniport to Unical, from UniAbuja to Esut...it is the same story! Any girl who cohabits with a dude in school who has never paid a dime on her has lost her feminine value! She doesn't deserve anything paid on her!!!

Are u a virgin?

Did u attend University ?

Or did u drop out in SS2 tongue
Rapmoney:
I often wonder where Nigerian youths copied this nonsense from because even students in universities in America, Asia and Europe do not engage in this trashy act as we do over here!!! Yet, we still call them agents of immorality?

I just feel, deep within my heart, that girls who cohabit or cohabited in the university do not desrve any dime as bride price paid on them! They should just follow their would-be husband to his house, free of charge and continue where they stopped in school!

A girl cohabits with a guy for 4 to 5 years in school; this means the dude would bleep her through out those years (free of charge o!), she would perform wifely duties for him...cooking, cleaning, washing, providing emotional wifely support, etc (free of charge too o!). Now, what's still left in such a body? If she can bleep a dude for years without any dime paid on her, coupled with the numerous wifely duties, then what's the need of paying a dime on her as diary or bride price? If that bloke that bleeped her for years didn't pay a dime on her where families would meet, eat and drink and pray, why should I pay a dime on her head? Worse of it is that this dude enjoyed all what he enjoyed free of charge! Now, why should I be requested to pay for same? Common, that's not fair! What's sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander!!!

From Delsu to Lasu, from Uniben to OOU, from Uniport to Unical, from UniAbuja to Esut...it is the same story! Any girl who cohabits with a dude in school who has never paid a dime on her has lost her feminine value! She doesn't deserve anything paid on her!!!

Are u a virgin?

Did u attend University ?

Or did u drop out in SS2

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by ideykwum: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
He doesn't have to use the word "morality"! From his writing, you can deduce why he thinks their brideprice shouldn't be paid! That raises moral questions!

kobonaire:
why are you talking about morality when the OP of this senseless thread is instead focussing on "bride price"??

I agree with @wallFlower here

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Gracyel(f): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
aflyingbird:
I don't agree with cohabitation of any sort and have never done it nor will I ever do it. But to say a person loses their value because of it, really? If that's the extent if your education then I pity you. Some idi000ts here, even the females, are agreeing with the op. Too much ignorance and mediocre education is ruining Nigeria!

My dear...its such a pity. And even if d lady loses value, then same should go for the guy!!!, plus whats dis bullshit about brideprice?? Who says pple collect brideprice anymore. My yoruba brothers and sisters can testify to it. Whatever money is paid to d bride's family is returned immediately after d ceremony......Now lemme wait for one slowpoke to misquote me!

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by shindarayo(f): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Blebleswag:
Same they wil do to ur sisters, cos she's bn jumpin 4rm peter2james, fryingpan2pot etc.
Or if u dnt hav sisters, then to ur girl child/children
haba, e never reach dt now.abi re u one of dem ni....
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by slimwhite(f): 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=kobonaire post=32652172]
Your signature is self descriptive of your low intellect and character.
I suggest you and the dunce of an OP get together because only then will there really be 1 complete brain in the room

Jezzzzzzz.....kobonaira abeg easy ooo.....no kill person with your mouth...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by zudozz: 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
am surprise that u did nt mention d number of abortions in that 4-5t years n some innocent small boy like me ll still pay heavily 2 marry her n put her in my hse.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Gracyel(f): 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
garriboy:
Guilt is making many girls here blast the op but really let's look at it. If u cohabit wit one guy and break up and cohabit wit d next guy and d next and d next, would u still feel u have worth (I'm not talking about bride price mind u)? Seriously wat r we saying. Now some girls would say in dis case they will choose dose dey would and won't cohabit wit and it will beg another question; how do u decide whom u can cohabit with, since d last one u were so sure of, u ended up breaking up with. And before u blast the op again answer urself honestly to the question; will u like to mention to ur present bf that at some point u cohabited with some person(s)? I mean honestly answer urself. Make we talk true na

I agree with u. Plus I strongly believe You should ask yourself the same question.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by BraniacX(m): 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:

Dude!!!

To each his own

While I respect your opinion

Am also entitled to mine

In the end, our paths will most likely not even cross, so it doesn't really matter

But go easy on 'em gals grin
Because you never mentioned that co-habiting also devalued the fellas too, esp financially

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by ideykwum: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Bros, it's okay to make reasonable assumptions when making an argument. It's part of fair discuss. Secondly, what we are dealing with is societal morality (a compendium of our aggregate individual views on morality)!!! Society compells us to wear clothes for instance, but nudists may have a different view!

wallflower:

And now you're jumping to conclusions, so every girl that lives with her boyfriend has had an abortion? and I'll also point out the fact that unwanted pregnancy isn't exclusive to "cohabiters".
And on the the matter of family, it still falls under the category of your personal interpretation of morality.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nice argument.

But let me ask the OP a question ;

Does a man who has slept around with more than one partner deserve to marry a girl who has kept herself from her days at university ?

And considering that it is pastors who commit fornication and adultery the most , I am wondering if the wives of these pastors should stay loyal to them.

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by kobonaire(m): 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
ideykwum:
He doesn't have to use the word "morality"! From his writing, you can deduce why he thinks their brideprice shouldn't be paid! That raises moral questions!

OK, fair enough, good point. I've 'liked' your post too ...

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by fernandoc(m): 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mumu talk for people with a lot of time on their side.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Emmahunk(m): 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:

Clap! Clap!! But don't you think the guy deserves to face firing squad if the girl is so worthless not to attract a dowry.
Here was a guy who out of his parents sweat was taking care of girl he claims to be '' bleeping ''
He provided protection for her yet stupidly thinks he was having her for free
He was at hand to clear her mess whenever and wherever yet you believe she was so cheap because she cohabited.
Cohabitation does not in anyway make the woman of less value than the man. Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
quivah:

why not remove the wood in your eye before rushing to remove the wool in someone else's eye? .. you are here judging as if you are any better(if not worse) than those who cohabit.. were you not the 'holy sister' who wanted to abort her pregnancy even when having a 1yr old kid out of wedlock?! yeah its you!

@op you've said the truth but you sound pained, you would have passed a better message if you were neutral and treated both parties.. I'm beginning to wonder if you are here to intentionally bash those girls that do it while relieving the dudes!..
the worse part of cohabitation is 'performing widely duties' gosh!! God forbids! . however if you really wanna pass a message, why not touch all possible areas? there are guys and girls who feck on daily basis as if their lives depend on it(even tho they are not cohabiting).. the only thing I grab in your message is: cohabitation is wrong.. while sex(so far the girl and guy are nor staying together) is no big deal..

also I'd like to point out that there are exceptional cases to cohabitation.. there are some cases with genuine reasons(like financial meltdown etc) , also even if this is hard to believe, but there are cases of cohabitation without the involvement of s.ex.. fact!

and mind you, those girls whose bride price needed not to be paid will keep getting married every Saturday to men, i mean good men). that's the bitter truth!! men are still the ones on the loosing side.. cheesycheesy its better you start condemning both parties... no double standards! na una go still carry the damaged goods to meet una mama
Marriage is the most over rated thing in the world maybe when nigerian men realise that some things will change.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
lol smiley

Gracyel:

My dear...its such a pity. And even if d lady loses value, then same should go for the guy!!!, plus whats dis bullshit about brideprice?? Who says pple collect brideprice anymore. My yoruba brothers and sisters can testify to it. Whatever money is paid to d bride's family is returned immediately after d ceremony......Now lemme wait for one slowpoke to misquote me!
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by kobonaire(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
slimwhite:
Jezzzzzzz.....kobonaira abeg easy ooo.....no kill person with your mouth...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
thank you my dear ... I'll behave my self now ... happy Sunday.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Raalsalghul: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nwachiizu:

I think this will help more if you will post her full names. You can even go further by revealing her image here
Am telling you bro.
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by donpy(m): 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
A girl bleeps 1guy for 5yrs and a guy bleeps 20 doffrnt girls within d same 5yrs. D guy wu has a babe living "couples life" wit him in school in Uniben, 2babes he bleeps steadily wen he cums to lagos. 5 in his aunts place in ibadan he also bleeps constantly for 5yrs. Now wu shld be stroked. The same guys makin all dis comment ar guilty of all dis.
#mytake

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by gmacnoms(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
takoi:
There is no doubt that you are sex starved and that no girl will ever agree to visit talk less of cohabiting with you.
Rubbish!!!!
are u one of dem? If yes, den u need to b thrown in d lagoon
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Boyooosa(m): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:

it is not even necessary they graduate from the school na, the dude can just pray that both of them do not graduate so that he can SKIP dowry for ever! grin

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by frmglorytoglory: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ladies we have heard it all. You are better off and safer abstaining from premarital sex. Not because you want to be a trophy to some man out there but because the Lord says so.
Frankly indulging in premarital sex has so so many disadvantages. Not worth it at all
Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rapmoney:

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! by 50calibre(m): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
ideykwum:
I see your logic and it makes sense, however, do you know how many men are emotionally scarred by such relationships that have gone sour? I tell people that we are lucky in Nigeria because our religious institutions bridge the gap for physiological issues and psychiatry ( I wasn't surprised when I read somewhere that 45% of Nigerians have psychiatric problems). In my opinion, Nigerian marriages are failing more these days, not because of village juju, but because many scarred people are coming together without targeted counselling!

It's okay to assist people, but when there is an emotional and romantic undertone to it, it needs to be approached with extreme caution! My advice on this is: Never venture!!

You're right!! I believe people shouldn't be too emotionally or financially invested in a relationship (especially ones they can't predict) it limits the disappointment.

However when a grown man choses to go down that path, I can only hope he knows what he is doing and hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Chinese Man Finds Out His Twin Babies Have Two Different Fathers After DNA Test / Hilarious Photos Of Babies Who Didn't Want Their Shots Taken! / Photos Of Hot Mother And Her Baby Got Instagram Users Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.