Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy (36165 Views)

Taraba state Governorship Result Of 11 Out Of 16 Lgas / Photo: Authentic Imo State Governorship Result From INEC / Adamawa Governorship Result: APC Leading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by alrahmanonline(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2015
masinga07:

i dont think you people get dis tin at all. u are talking of infrastructure and security wen people who have worked are not been paid salaries. how many people did he employed nd how many did he either retrenched or gave compulsory retirement. he has won his second term but dat doesnt erase d fact dat dis govt is really anti-people and oyo state middle and low class people shld be prepared for another 4 rough years.
not only Ajimobi, ask amosu,aregbe and co,you people don't seem to understand the non payment of salary has to do with the pdp led FG, Take aregbe for instance, they were being payed 4billion on revenue allocation which is not enough to pay salary, yet the money was reduced to 2.5 billions, now tell me how do you want them to cope? you can do the research yourself..
thanks

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by barcaboi(m): 9:41am On Apr 13, 2015
stevolinkon40:
ajimobi no dey forgive person o.. D workers go hear am. That's why they are so sad.. Akala sold out to ajimobi to split vote is a posibility I never thought of,it could be true though
I'm friends with Akalas cousins and I can tell u authoritatively that he will never sell out; he is a proud ogbomoso man...Ladoja and Akala have bn enemies since adedibus time and were always at each others throat during Akalas tenure.....Infact if any of them had entered they wldav fought more than anything and they'll lose focus....Ladoja built marketing complex in ogbomoso for traders, it has gone 2 waste...this two spend cash not thinking b4 doing it. ...

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Rexyl(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2015
jibsai:
Am in no doubt ajimobi got massive protest votes againt him in some quarters. He lost as expected in ogbomoso area. But what ibadan people don't know is that he is very popular outside ibadan. In oke-ogun area and ibarapa. He played smart in these areas. Check result from the 10LGAs in oke-ogun and see how massive it was. Iseyin for example covered a deficit on Ogbomoso north. The highway he constructed there has opened the town, in kajola my LG a road constructed by his govt runs thru my country home. That was a place where we thot we'd neva see a built road cos of heavy rocks. We that voted him did so cos we have faith in his administration. Ladoja and Akala where pdp gov with pdp fed Govt, yet nuin of note could be Pointed to that dey did. Most akala roads are now spoit and rebuild by ajimobi. Did u know GEJ didn't give oyo state and all SW states Ecological fund but gave ekiti as soon as fayose came in? Did u kno oyo state was duped by some bastards (Oysters) who didn't remit the money from okada registrations to state pocket. My friend worked there b4 they were all laid off. Did u kno workers kno the situation of Nigeria's economy and they kno aligning with FG is best 4 this state atleast 4 now. At molete a while back. A tanker fell killin a wife and her children in d car, thankGod Ajimobi cleared that place, imagine how many lifes that would hav bin lost. Ajimobi wil do well in 2nd term, I have no doubt and that's y I voted him tho he owes my mum's pension since January. I have told her to worry not, cos she will get it. For seyi makinde, I'd suggest he joins Apc and work closely with Ajimobi...Goodluck Oyo state

You mean the State wasn't given ecological funds? You need more enlightenment bro to get fact right. Though I congratulate governor Ajimobi, he played the game smartly
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jethro2: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2015
Like earlier said, majority of Ibadan people are not literate, they have no access to internet and therefore could not express themselves.
I bet it most of the people commenting don't live in Oyo State.
I also note most keep saying Ibadan and Ibadan all over.
Ibadan is a developed place and Ajimobi polished it to show off to the outside world.
Please visit the other constituencies and spend a day with the masses.
Please understand i said the masses and not party members.
Most that are attesting to Ajumobis good work has a direct link or connection where they are getting their largesses.
Ibadan has 33 LGA.
How does the paparazzi in Ibadan represent the development of the majority.
Do me a favour, visit or get in touch with the other local government areas and get to live their life.
The 4 years -1 today. God will spare us all
A change in whatever direction would have brought hope to my people.
My people have taken their faith in their hand.
They understand they have weary days ahead with Ajimobis government.
My prayer is God will send a messiah to the talakawas, A person after their heart not the greedy selfish people that keep showing face.
We will pray for a better person irrespective of party and God will grant their heart desire.
For the Government We say more grease.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by haywire1: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)
God save the good people of Oyo state
stay tuned...dis movie will not be ending soon

Shoro niyen undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 13, 2015
The major issue Ibadan has with Ajimobi can be cattegorised in to two. one, he spends a lot of money building roads and bridges in already developed areas, like mokola bridge while many areas of ibbdan are totally not motorable, even for motor bikes.

These are 12, 8, 3, 17, 10 km roads, which can be fixed over night. for those that know ibadan very well, this gov is just not familiar with ibadan and its extension, tell him Ibadan is more than Ui, mokola Queen elizabeth road, bodija etc.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 13, 2015
2ndly, Ajimobi, take care of your workers.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by onatisi(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2015
Gallantly002:

u make brain gan... just exactly wat ladoja n akala would ve done.. forming a shield around seyi makinde would have made it a big contest.. but all d same, ajimobi sure pass dem.
akala knew he wasn't going to win ,but only wanted to revenge what ladoja did to him in 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by dguy4: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2015
pls if u don't stay in ib abeg don't just comment u don't know what u are saying ...I stay in the same area with the governor the only road he repaired in that area he closed it for his own private use . flood came and carried away our bridge thank God for the private companies around that won't allow the stuff to affect their businesses .....He talks anyhow so rude .. Anyways the ppl have made their choice they should live with the consequences

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by olalat(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2015
I just can't stop when Ibadan people complain about bad mouthing. Its innate trait that can never be taken away from an average Oyo man. Take it or leave it. Omo soro soro niyin nor. You people should just support your governor and criticize him where he goes wrong. He determines the next four years of your state life. Difficulties lie everywhere in this country presently. If people could find it this hard in fct, what do you say about the federating states. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by dguy4: 9:56am On Apr 13, 2015
pls if u don't stay in ib abeg don't just comment, u don't know what u are saying ...I stay in the same area with the governor, the only road he repaired in that area he closed it for his own private use . flood came and spoilt our bridge thank God for the private companies around that won't allow the stuff to affect their business .....He talks anyhow, so rude .. Anyways the ppl have made their choice they should live with the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by richbuky: 9:56am On Apr 13, 2015
Except he changes things now, things are bad. No salary since February, no promotion since 3years ago... Civil servants are in for a big thing. God will deliver oh.....Amen.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Touchforfree(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...

@ op......... The majority that're not happy, are they all in the same party as opposition ?............ NO !.

The people of Oyo state could not play the game as it suppose to be but played the politicks of "Devide & rule".

Pls stop crying over the split milk or did you not prefer to belong to the party of the federal ?. This write up shows U're part of the pple formenting trouble and d blood of d lost pple from the chaos shall be on you all.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by upsonn(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2015
Ograke:

Which majority are happy? Lol. Liar.

The only set of people happy are APC loyalists and the rich who can afford his for-the-rich government.

Go and sleep or go to tribunal...

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2015
I wonder why my Oyo ppl always complain of Ajimobi govt. , d guy has done very well more more than any other governor that has governed this state from 1999. He brought infrastructure to Oyo, peaceful environment, good and competent road project, improvement in our educational sector, health facility in which my mum n i benefited from, harmony between NURTW. I am not a politician. Talk of the civil servant dat r complaining.. 1. Is it only in oyo state we have civil servants ? 2. Is it only oyo state dat owe civil servant salary n arrears? 3. Must we use all our allocation pay civil servants ? 3. do you even know how much oyo state monthly allocation has bn decreased to for d past some months nw from FG. ? pls kindly find out n knw wt is going on.... The problem of Ibadan is Illiteracy, they lack understanding of government. I implore Ajimobi to make education free n compulsory, so dis illiterate ppl can go to school n ve understanding of sometin and they shld nt allow all dis greed ppl convince dem and continue to be lying to dem abt d govt.

Illiteracy baba arun... i don talk my own. if u like criticize me. nah u sabi, jst let d good work continue n let move oyo greater!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Orlarmie(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2015
To all the people condemning Ajimobi in Oyo State,i really need to ask if you guys know Oyo State very well before Ajimobi was elected as Governor. Ibadan was once the dirtiest state in Africa, most volatile state(violence) in Nigeria. All these have been put behind. Even as we all know that the IGR(internally generated revenue) in Oyo State was nothing to write home about before Ajimobi's assumption. Companies are beginning to troop into Ibadan because of the peace and stability in the state. e.g Dominos, Shoprite and some other new companies(atleast for the level of the state for now). Some would say he did not pay civil servants(will he pay outside the allocation of the state) but he gave them free shuttle to and fro their work places. To say the least, illiterates in Oyo State are not happy, meet the elites, industrialist in the state, they will tell you they have enabling environment. Ajimobi is facing the same predicament Fayemi faced in Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bashydemy(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
see u...ballot snatching d only way of rigging an election?...maybe d figures were doctored
Oga you keep ranting baseless argument, Just accept that the greediness of Akala and Ladoja gave Ajimobi another chance samething happen in 1992 election in Lagos Between Sarumi and Agbalajobi and that pave way for Otedola.. 5 strong contender went to the pole and one strong man came out victorious simple. Calculate all the totals votes of Accord,LP,SDP and PDP and you will see why the supporters of the losers wont be happy.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by onatisi(m): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2015
rabimlomo:

But come o. Are u guys saying that the civil servants are worse off under Ajimobi than they were under Akala? I remember Akala too sacked so many people that were not from his party when he was the governor o.
in fairness to ajimobi , in terms of infracstrutural developments he did his fair share,he constructed a bridge which was needed badly at mokola although at an hyper inflated cost,he constructed some good roads in ibadan, he created the ajumose bus shuttle which has greatly ease the burden of transportation in ibadan and has provided adequate security, gone are those days when you can't stay in a motor park without looking left and right. But in terms of workers welfare , his score is zero.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jethro2: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2015
dguy4:
pls if u don't stay in ib abeg don't just comment u don't know what u are saying ...I stay in the same area with the governor the only road he repaired in that area he closed it for his own private use . flood came and carried away our bridge thank God for the private companies around that won't allow the stuff to affect their businesses .....He talks anyhow so rude .. Anyways the ppl have made their choice they should live with the consequences
Thank you for this.
Most are just talking for sentimental purpose. They think everyone is same.
Oyo State people are suffering.
GES farmers stuff never get to farmers.
Workers are suffering
Pensioners are crying
Oyo state has resources that could be developed but the government would rather wait for oil money
Massive land in Oyo State for Agriculture
Oyo State farmers are the largest producers of Maize, Yam, cassava etc.
Oyo state have Shea nut
They produce charcoal
But the government prefer abandoning the resources and wait for crumbs from the federal government whereas gold are wasting in his backyard.
What happened to generating resources through agriculture?
I got to rest my case

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Misogynist2014(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)
God save the good people of Oyo state
stay tuned...dis movie will not be ending soon

My mum has been lamenting on the result since yesterday. Even my cousin had to phone from UK.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Misogynist2014(m): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2015
onatisi:
in fairness to ajimobi , in terms of infracstrutural developments he did his fair share,he constructed a bridge which was needed badly at mokola although at an hyper inflated cost,he constructed some good roads in ibadan, he created the ajumose bus shuttle which has greatly ease the burden of transportation in ibadan and has provided adequate security, gone are those days when you can't stay in a motor park without looking left and right. But in terms of workers welfare , his score is zero.
Remember adding that he's owing workers 2 months salary.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Jilo83(m): 10:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Op is bad belle akopati supporter. what do mean by 80percent r not happy with ajimobi winning election. Even we can feel d celebration in my church yesterday. The only few that are not with Ajimobi are: 1.those that prefer stomach infrastructure to infrastructure development, 2.civil servants that are not current with situation of of Nigeria under PDP (Benue own up to 11months salary. osun 6months etc) 3. students that prefer 5000naira Bursary to 50percent reduction in their school fees 4. traders that want to return to street to display their goods. 6. thugs that want to be victimizing people. Tokyo, Auxiliary and their Co travellers in NURTW. I said it b4 that Civil servants did not vote Ajimobi in 2011. not voting him this yr will not make any difference. With new government at the center, Ajimobi will perform beyond expectation. APC! STABILITY IN OYO STATE

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2015
All I can say is that this Ajimobi no dey try for we corpers in the state. He's owing us 5 months allowances and on the eve of the election, he paid 1 month. The education standard of the state is nothing to write home about, etc.

Teachers, government workers are not happy with him.

Even the APC party agent that was in my unit was just saying negative things about him but said he has no choice cause he needs money that's all. He even voted for Accord.

I don't know where to stop but I agree with the OP, no jubilation at all except those people that have earned some small money from the party.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by toocoded: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2015
dguy4:
....He talks anyhow so rude .. Anyways the ppl have made their choice they should live with the consequences
Yes o, d stud is so rude and full of himself. He's such a bia*tch.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2015
jethro2:

Thank you for this.
Most are just talking for sentimental purpose. They think everyone is same.
Oyo State people are suffering.
GES farmers stuff never get to farmers.
Workers are suffering
Pensioners are crying
Oyo state has resources that could be developed but the government would rather wait for oil money
Massive land in Oyo State for Agriculture
Oyo State farmers are the largest producers of Maize, Yam, cassava etc.
Oyo state have Shea nut
They produce charcoal
But the government prefer abandoning the resources and wait for crumbs from the federal government whereas gold are wasting in his backyard.
What happened to generating resources through agriculture?
I got to rest my case

I wanna ask u dis:

1. For nt paying workers n pensioners.. is it only in oyo state dis is happening ? how much is Oyo State allocation ? Please do you research.
2. Will FG allow a state govt to tamper with natural resources dt is meant for d whole Nigerains without d authority of FG ?
3. Have u bn to North before ? We aint farming 1/4 of their farming in North.

I am living in Ibadan n I am not suffering, i am enjoy Ajimobi Govt.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Walelavender(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ok.....am jxt telling u wat i see feel and hear...80%are not happy ryt now...d man didnt pay d pesioners of(retired workers)salary of(current workers)pulled down shops of(marketmen and women)..and u are telling me abt thereotical ideas?see mny pple are suffering!d last year waec result of public school was delayed because d state govt havent paid some kinda money or sumtin....and d man is 2 shabby with his mouth...abuses..,money is not in d city,....everyface u see is either sad,helpless or angry....and u are telling me abt pen and paper ideas?bro!lets talk reality here
Seems you don't understand the nitty-gritty of how the polity is structured. What informed your opinion of '80 % not being happy'? As much as you have the right to express your grievances, let it be clear to you that the electorates have spoken and being an arm chair critic won't be productive. Be constructive and stop being bitter about a broken egg. Be involved and stop being a pessimist.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by femsmith(m): 10:22am On Apr 13, 2015
BiHung:
Only greedy people would not be happy. They are sad that the money of the state will continue to be used for development instead of being squandered on stomach infrastructure. Nonsense

Ajimobi is turning ibadan to a city like lagos..and u are there hating.

My guy get lost mern!! U knw ntn here... Development wen civil servants ar nt paid d money dey worked 4.. Or do civil servants squandered on stomach infrastructures ni..
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2015
Jilo83:
Op is bad belle akopati supporter. what do mean by 80percent r not happy with ajimobi winning election. Even we can feel d celebration in my church yesterday. The only few that are not with Ajimobi are: 1.those that prefer stomach infrastructure to infrastructure development, 2.civil servants that are not current with situation of of Nigeria under PDP (Benue own up to 11months salary. osun 6months etc) 3. students that prefer 5000naira Bursary to 50percent reduction in their school fees 4. traders that want to return to street to display their goods. 6. thugs that want to be victimizing people. Tokyo, Auxiliary and their Co travellers in NURTW. I said it b4 that Civil servants did not vote Ajimobi in 2011. not voting him this yr will not make any difference. With new government at the center, Ajimobi will perform beyond expectation. APC! STABILITY IN OYO STATE

Please Osun is being ruled by APC not PDP, correct yourself.
How did your church start to jubilate when they have not announced result in the morning?? Don't join religion and politics together please. Thank you
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Sundaydare1: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
Mr man is everywhere the problem of Nigeria started form federal , everybody are living in a penury, money is nt in circlulation , I based in Abuja things is not rosy again because we have bad leader, do you know amount of money gel gave obj because of election, what of minister of peltrolium and others? They have gathered nation wealth for themselves. Even those riches are crying thisday. I believed with this regime things will change for better, peoples in Oyo state make the wise decision by voting ajumobi which his party tally with president one.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by teeboy03(m): 10:23am On Apr 13, 2015
This is what u get whn u have four strong contenders for a post...d only way they could av unseated Ajimobi was to have formed an alliance.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by onatisi(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Remember adding that he's owing workers 2 months salary.
he is even owing more than 2months and just like I said ,that in terms of workers welfare his score is very very low .
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 13, 2015
femsmith:

My guy get lost mern!! U knw ntn here... Development wen civil servants ar nt paid d money dey worked 4.. Or do civil servants squandered on stomach infrastructures ni..

I hate it when ppl r talkin abt civil servants n pensioners... please consider other civil servants in other states.. y r u so greedy.. Oyo is owin 3 months.... Even PDP rulling state is owing nothin less than 5 months [ pleteau, benue, even Osun where apc is rulling ]... please think well... dont be greedy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (photo) / Lai Mohammed: Senegalese Jollof Rice Is Better On CNN - Nigerians Blast Him / Defection: Lai Mohammed Visits Kwara, Holds Meeting With Lawmakers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.