Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,914 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy (36171 Views)

Taraba state Governorship Result Of 11 Out Of 16 Lgas / Photo: Authentic Imo State Governorship Result From INEC / Adamawa Governorship Result: APC Leading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by billtommy(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
Yea, people weren't happy with the result, mots of them preferred Ladoja. Only God know those that voted for him. The greediness of the likes of ladoja,makinde, akala. And teslim made them lost to Ajimobi.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by frayoontop1(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
BiHung:
Only greedy people would nit be happy. They are sad that the money of the state will continue to be used for development instead of being squandered on stomach infrastructure. Nonsense

Ajimobi is turning ibadan to a city like lagos..and u are there hating.

my brother God bless u dat is our peoples problem thy don't like development.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by shurlermoz(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
sheymoni:

You are a very bias human being .you mean shops that were built under power lines should not be demolished. Only those who don't want to follow due process are not happy. You talked about pensioners & you ignorantly decided not to talk about the government of Akala that embezzled their money before he left. Akala left that burden on ajimobi & he's been paying them & even though not all of them have been paid most especially the primary school pensioners. It is glaring that you are an enemy of progress. Gone are the days of sharing state allocation in molete

1million likes for you my guy, sketcherJ should take his hate elsewhere.
Ajimobi is not perfect, in fact I believe he has a foul mouth but who in Oyo doesn't have a foul mouth.
Adedibu is no more, a fact we can't change so let's move on shall we?!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by juman(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
bahbartee:
To be frank pple r not happy,except dose dat eating wit gov.dey shld go into town and ask y pple r not hapi wit their govt no jubilation 4rm citizen expet d AjUmobis!

But he got the majority votes, he won the election. That is what democracy all about.

Election is over people should work together for better tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by rabimlomo: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2015
zezebabs:

Akala or Ladoja are real Thief, there is nothing you can do to certify people of OYO state. They want a Governor that can pump money out to the street in Public

I tire for my people o. Like say no be yesterday Akala just left that post and we saw how he stole Oyo's money. I never ever thought anyone would even consider voting for AKALA of all people. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by juman(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2015
billtommy:
Yea, people weren't happy with the result, mots of them preferred Ladoja. Only God know those that voted for him. The greediness of the likes of ladoja,makinde, akala. And teslim made them lost to Ajimobi.

grin grin grin

Those opponents were too arrogant to merge together and form a united unit. The governor could not beat them if they worked together. But God helped the governor to win.

But the present governor is better than his opponents. Ladoja would not be a good replacement.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by richyblueeyes(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2015
many people did not like ajimobi,how did he manage to won the election.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bibiking7(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2015
emiye:
But the other contestants showed no signs they would be better, they were all familiar terrain excluding Makinde. If there are complaints of these guy about the educational sector, there is a very greater likelihood he inherited the rot from his immediate predecessor Akala, the same man contesting again grin

When i hear complaints about salaries and pensions unpaid, i ask if his other old horse trying to come back will do any better under the current situation, Is it the same Akala who could not pay 11,500 minimum wage to civil servants? grin For Goodness sake this man monthly wage bill has increased from 3billion naira monthly he inherited from Akala to 5 billion naira monthly, a whopping 2 billion naira, and the FG allocation from Abuja has dropped from roughly 4 billion naira monthly to 3 billion naira monthly, it is no brainer he will have problems paying salaries. Most of our Governors are lazy to think outside the box in increasing the IGR of the state, or do not have the political will power to do such. Akala or Ladoja would have fumbled too, trust me, it might have been worse sef.

I was about to comment, then I read yours. Nice. In terms of salaries owed, the state depends on FG, that could have been a problem. Some actions that are for development are seen by some as harsh if they are not timed properly. If you demolish illegal structures to Construct roads, people will lament. Fashola banned okadas on highways, some people lamented, when he demolished shanties and put lights so that hoodlums won't hide in those places, people complained about their source of livelihood. We all crave for development, but are we willing to sacrifice. GEJ gave the same speech recently, that if the government decides to increase tax, would we be ready to cooperate, the main thing is to be able to see that the money being generated is being spent judiciously. I think all these states should work hard on how to develop their IGR levels. So that shyte can be done without waiting for FG. Look at Amosun, even went ahead to make land purchase attractive to people and now I know alot of people from lagos who have gone to buy lands in ogun state.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Jeffoo(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2015
abeg make dey parkwell......
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Sylvarresta(m): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2015
BiHung:
Only greedy people would nit be happy. They are sad that the money of the state will continue to be used for development instead of being squandered on stomach infrastructure. Nonsense

Don't mind the greedy idiot, which majority are not happy, cum to my area around Alakia airport and cum and see jubilation, so bcus people are nt blocking d road and dancing like a masquerade it now means they are not happy
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Sunnyade01(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2015
I live in Ibadan and I can speak for my constituency and its environs. In Akinyele area, Ojo, sasa, bodija, mokola, u.i, oluyole, challenge and ring road area that I visited. People were happy and joyous. Majority of the youths, professionals, students, transport workers, farmers and business people voted for and love Ajimobi. Only the civil servants, thugs and hoodlums hate him. Positive thinking people and peace loving people love him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 13, 2015
How can you talk for the majority? ladoja, akala also contested, its a tough battle. Three of them are very strong and so have many supporters..... If ladoja and akala joined forces they would have won cos the same types of people voting for akala will vote ladoja, however the elitist nd progressive thinking people (who are majority) voted Ajimobi.....

You want a government that throws money to people when he goes out ba? that time has gone..... ibadan is a lot better than when akala ruled, civil servants are naturally whiners who want everything on a platter.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Ograke(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2015
Honestly, the op hit the nail on the head. Just as someone rightly pointed out, Ajimobi's government is for the upper and middle classes, not for the poor. All his developmental plans were executed only in urban areas, neglecting the rural parts.

All these are nothing compared to his garrulousness; he lashes out at people anyhow and at will. He has also refused to conduct local government election; he appointed as caretakers his political puppets who serve his will. His government is a paparazzi government, only people outside the state think he's working.

But the deed is done anyway, the greed and selfishness of his opponents cost us this and we'll have to bear the brunt for the next four years. They should have swallowed individual pride and formed a strong, formidable opposition against him.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by temitope28(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2015
it is so painful that people of oyo state will v to go through another 4yrs of rough time,honestly it pains me when I hear people say ajimobi constructed road do these and that.v u ever wondered that the last time we saw portable water in oyo town was 3yrs ago,v u ever wondered that oyo state has the largest poverty rate,v u ever imagined that oyo state is backward in terms of education,v u ever imagined that people r going through hell especially those in oke ogun area because they v bn marginalised,the you know that oyo state gov is owing his workers,did you know that oyo state people r suffering and smiling•even the so called yes oo wat is there salary structure 10k and its not even regular•honestly its so touching and painful

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Rekeb: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2015
The level of development I have seen in Oyo state in Ajimobi's 4 years is more than what I've seen in more than 30 years, and im serious about this because Im very familiar with the state. However I hear from friends and family in the state that Ajimobi does not allow "stomach infrastructure" like Akala and the other previous governors did. One of my friends working in the ministry told me he has blocked off all their means of milking the state money and those corrupt people are not happy about it. In fact, he told me that the state does not pay for any road or infrastructure project until he personally inspects them and he's satisfied. I learnt he refused to pay for some shabbily constructed roads.

Go to Ogbomosho which is Akala's domain, the amount of road construction/constructed is far more than what Akala, their son did in his 5 years as governor and 4 years as deputy.

I am very happy that Ajimobi is re-elected because he's the sort of person we need to govern us in the state.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by abat4real37(f): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2015
Did I hear you say you are not biased? Why is majority not happy when they have won. Other party are celebrating when they win ward as if the winner has been announced. We are happy and we are peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by mromokaro90: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2015
register as a dangote distributor in the on-going RIS scheme,and buy at retail and wholesale products,contact dr usman yahaya on 07064854564
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by toocoded: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2015
pat077:
most ppl in ibadan r nt happy esp d civil servants but they gat no choice... They ll ve 2 endure 4 d next 4yrs.
Yes ooo, you're right? Ma folks keep complaining bout unpaid salary of 3months and i'm still wondering if its a joke or heresay. Nw dat apc is in d central, lemme see d kinda lie he will cook about unpaid salaries.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2015
MsNas:
Oyo politics. Always messy. What baffles me is why anybody will wanna reelect Akala. Bloody thief!! Ladoja, I can still stomach. Makinde, I don't know. But Akala?? Hello to the NO!

My people are so hard to please. SMH. If not anything, Ibadan was neat the last time I was there. Lol
Sai Akala grin
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by MsNas(f): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2015
CFCfan:

Sai Akala grin

Abeg Abeg, that bleaching mofo. Sai Akala ko grin
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by opyscol(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)
God save the good people of Oyo state
stay tuned...dis movie will not be ending soon

Some people can lie ehn? Where av u Benn that there's no jubilation! That there's no jubilation @ ur end does nt mean others aren't! Abeg no dey come post rubbish here! I'm a resident and people are happy with the outcome. Quote me wrongly and end up in d lagoooooon

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bashydemy(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
are u in oyo state?u learnt....u didn't experience it
Hey bro forget your hatred for good Governance, Is either you are Akala or Ladoja supporter. I am from Oyo State Ibadan to be precise, Though i never reside there but i have alot of family back there even my mother stay in Ibadan in Muslim and my other families brothers and friends stay in Olorunsogo/ Ti Oya and they are all happy with Ajimobi so far.. Though Ladoja won in Ona Ara but my people there want Ajimobi to continue the good work.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Ograke(m): 9:33am On Apr 13, 2015
upsonn:

Mr man, just go sleep.. I am from oyo.. And I can confirm to you that majority of us are very happy for pegunre a.k.a ajumobi victory. The man did wonderful well in oyo state.. Whatelse do you sadist want again? Go to hell and lock up joor.
Which majority are happy? Lol. Liar.

The only set of people happy are APC loyalists and the rich who can afford his for-the-rich government.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by barcaboi(m): 9:33am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
jdis is where d idea of foul play comes in...ask any oyo citizens u know...ask dem if dry arr glad abt d result

The elections are over now, the winners and the loosers should work together to move the state forward.
stop all this sentiments. ..who says they re not happy...I spent most of my yrs in oyo state...wasn't it under akala lautech got its tuition increased frm 6000 to more than 60000?....or is the roads bn done only for elites....if u re not in oyo don't say they re not happy.....how den dd he win?

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bashydemy(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
Like i said i have more than 50 families living in Ibadan and they are all happy even my mom.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by lilflipnerd: 9:34am On Apr 13, 2015
BiHung:

d problem with dem is stomach Infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by barcaboi(m): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
yeah right...the road is for elites too abi?....pls stop bn sentimental. ...He has issues wt civil servants or teachers and he must have sorted it for dem 2 vote for him massively

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Olofintoto(m): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Analysis of Oyo guber poll.
APC- 327320-36.26%
Accord- 256520-28.20%
Lp- 187111-20.73%
PDP- 79019-8.75%
SDP- 54740-6.06%
Total vote cast: 902710.
Number of votes won by d governor: 327320
Number of votes won by others: 575390.
Total percentage won by d governor: 36.26%
Total percentage won by others: 63.73%
Going by d voters, 63.73% of d voters don't want him back, 36.26% of d voters want him back.
It was d splitting of those contestants dat gave him Victory.
Had it been they reached an agreement to merge together wen they did a meeting den, they wuld av defeated him.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Rexyl(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2015
shurlermoz:
it's only greedy people that are not happy, those that want to share govt money are the ones that are sad.
I have families in Ibadan and I am always visiting, you can't compare what we have in terms of roads today to what we had before. somebody honest enough will tell you the guy is working but he is not sharing money, that's their only problem with him.
secondly, I wldnt expect anything from Ogbomosho and Oyo, they are more convenient being in the opposition than joining hands with the centre(ibadan). the earlier they learn to cooperate the better for everybody.

You are wrong bro. It is true majority are not happy. The minority managed to carry the day while the majority are beaten in the game. The majority divided among itself thus giving way to the minority. Even the majority that wasn't happy was in ibadan. The incumbent governor was mostly favoured in many towns away from Ibadan.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bashydemy(m): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2015
onatisi:
yes majority are not happy. The opposition saw that majority of ppl aren't happy with the gov and therefore they all wanted to take advantage of that, but instead of the opposition forming a strong unified force to defeat the incumbent, they each went to the polls differently thereby spliting the votes . Labour party and accord votes would have secured ajimobi defeat.
Even if both of them marge together who will they present? None of them both can oust Ajimobi instead they will boost his chance more cos the ordinary masses are happy with how Ajimobi curb all the violence and trouble maker in the state and they can walk freely on the street without hearing gun shot and also can sleep at night. Mind you i always come to Ibadan for festival and also to see my mom like 5 times a year.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jibsai(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2015
Am in no doubt ajimobi got massive protest votes againt him in some quarters. He lost as expected in ogbomoso area. But what ibadan people don't know is that he is very popular outside ibadan. In oke-ogun area and ibarapa. He played smart in these areas. Check result from the 10LGAs in oke-ogun and see how massive it was. Iseyin for example covered a deficit on Ogbomoso north. The highway he constructed there has opened the town, in kajola my LG a road constructed by his govt runs thru my country home. That was a place where we thot we'd neva see a built road cos of heavy rocks. We that voted him did so cos we have faith in his administration. Ladoja and Akala where pdp gov with pdp fed Govt, yet nuin of note could be Pointed to that dey did. Most akala roads are now spoit and rebuild by ajimobi. Did u know GEJ didn't give oyo state and all SW states Ecological fund but gave ekiti as soon as fayose came in? Did u kno oyo state was duped by some bastards (Oysters) who didn't remit the money from okada registrations to state pocket. My friend worked there b4 they were all laid off. Did u kno workers kno the situation of Nigeria's economy and they kno aligning with FG is best 4 this state atleast 4 now. At molete a while back. A tanker fell killin a wife and her children in d car, thankGod Ajimobi cleared that place, imagine how many lifes that would hav bin lost. Ajimobi wil do well in 2nd term, I have no doubt and that's y I voted him tho he owes my mum's pension since January. I have told her to worry not, cos she will get it. For seyi makinde, I'd suggest he joins Apc and work closely with Ajimobi...Goodluck Oyo state

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by omokab: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2015
MARKone:

But I learnt the man has done a lot for Oyo state, far better than what Akala even did in his ogbomosho constituency and ladoja, why are the people still not happy, or they just want to maintain the one governor one term unofficial policy.
Don't mind them,the majority were civil servant that doesn't want development in Oyo state.I hailed from oyo state and we can see what Ajimobi has done compare to Ladoja and Akala.Is it not the majority that voted him or is it only is family and die hard supporters that voted him?Just leave them and start the problem the security will soon deal with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC Insists On Its Original List Of NASS Leaders / Obiano Stops To Rescue Accident Victim (Photos) / Obiano Purchases 5 Vehicles As Osinbajo Visits Innoson Company. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.