Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy (36158 Views)

Taraba state Governorship Result Of 11 Out Of 16 Lgas / Photo: Authentic Imo State Governorship Result From INEC / Adamawa Governorship Result: APC Leading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by dammytosh: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)
God save the good people of Oyo state
stay tuned...dis movie will not be ending soon

What is the basis for your statistics. What else do you expect from an election splitted into incumbent versus plenty s1lly contestant with strong holds.

Conduct the election 200 times, Ajimobi will win. That everybody in Ogbomosho voted for Akala does not make Akala the winner.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by milky3(f): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
are u in oyo state?u learnt....u didn't experience it
I am a bonafide citizen of OYO state, Ajimobi has done well for OYO state and he deserves another term considering his achievement so far!

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2015
jethro2:

Zoom off.
We are discussing serious issues

Lol.. you r funny...

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by smalline8(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2015
MARKone:

You still have not answered my questions, why are they people not happy with his his victory? FYI, I have interest(s) in the state, and first hand information, so can confidently tell you about oyo politics. Ajumobi is a technocrat, and I think the best thing to happen to oyo state, after uncle Bola Ige.

u must be mad
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Olofintoto(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
Alary:

Hey , you your calculation is totally wrong . If u claimed that the total percentage of votes 63.73% don't want him back , then add his own (Ajimobi) percentage with the others and remove ladoja's percentage , that means 28.20% wants Ladoja to gorvern while 71.80 does not want him back and you can calculate for others too .so all in all Ajimobi still get the most popular votes that cut across every local govt. In the state . So you are wrong on that bro . Cheers !
did I mention Ladoja in my comments? I just made d analysis based on the topic. Bro take it easy ooo
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by RAO1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
Tesiday:
The major issue Ibadan has with Ajimobi can be cattegorised in to two. one, he spends a lot of money building roads and bridges in already developed areas, like mokola bridge while many areas of ibbdan are totally not motorable, even for motor bikes.

These are 12, 8, 3, 17, 10 km roads, which can be fixed over night. for those that know ibadan very well, this gov is just not familiar with ibadan and its extension, tell him Ibadan is more than Ui, mokola Queen elizabeth road, bodija etc.

Eleyele-Dugbe nko?.... challenge nko?..... apete nko?.....d man even worked on fed gvt rds like olomi-olunde road ..and some other minor roads..... tell us more , abeg

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by juman(m): 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Generally yoruba leaders are not good leaders.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jethro2: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
Thank you olofintoto for that result analysis. Only 36% of Oyo state vote in Ajumobi. The 64% majority are not happy.
36 % becomes a pass mark when there is no credible candidate.
36% remain a failure. F9 in Waec.
He won with the highest vote because the votes are splits

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by fairygeh(f): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
I really agree with you
I reside in ib and the rate at which people are sad is just alarming, I even hear civil servants are not happy,they are all grumbling and going about their work like is this what they will be experiencing for another 4 years
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by fairygeh(f): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
MARKone:

You still have not answered my questions, why are they people not happy with his his victory? FYI, I have interest(s) in the state, and first hand information, so can confidently tell you about oyo politics. Ajumobi is a technocrat, and I think the best thing to happen to oyo state, after uncle Bola Ige.
You do not know anything about our state my dear
People are not happy about Ajimobi's re-election at all
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Olofintoto(m): 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
jethro2:
Thank you olofintoto for that result analysis. Only 36% of Oyo state vote in Ajumobi. The 64% majority are not happy.
36 % becomes a pass mark when there is no credible candidate.
36% remain a failure. F9 in Waec.
He won with the highest vote because the votes are splits
Thank God I av like-minds lyk u wu reasons lyk me.
Pple will endure it lyk dey did last 4yrs.
I hope he(ajimobi) will also change his reasoning abt sm tinz too.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by olawalepopoola: 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
I am from Oyo state! You may say people doesn't like Ajimobi!! Fine I agree with that! But have ever asked yourself if Akala, Ladoja, Teslim and Makinde have the interest of the people at heart! If they did they would have formed a formidable opposition against him! Ajimobi was smarter than them and REC Akeju played along well! REMEMBER "IBADAN LE MO, E MO, LAIPO" AJIMOBI HAVE USE LAIPO FOR OYO PEOPLE, yet I am his hard-die fan!

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Olofintoto(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
RAO1:

Eleyele-Dugbe nko?.... challenge nko?..... apete nko?.....d man even worked on fed gvt rds like olomi-olunde road ..and some other minor roads..... tell us more , abeg
wic olomi-olunde? hope it's not d same olomi-olunde? coz he did olomi-xpress coz of d NURTW headquarters in d area. wot of olomi-ayegun bro?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by nochio(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Whatever anybody says here they're free to say cos they listen to hearsay and read results online, majority don't reside or stay in Oyo State, i understand what the guy is saying, he shouldn't argue with anyone God knows best, when he said oyo people are not happy it means oyo people are not happy, dont judge people by their party judge by their personality, time will tell, God bless oyo state.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Alary: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
jethro2:

So failures must be compared with failures?
Hmnnnnn
I reason with matured people not kids that come to spurt jargons because they have access to internets
Do me a favour, don't ever quote me again until when you are matured to be in the midst of adult

Your outburst shows you are the kid here

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by fairygeh(f): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
I
femsmith:

Broda,, m nt greedy nor self centered.. Dis man in questn neva showd any sympathy/apology 2 dem..He said it openly dar he wunt pay nd he wud b re-elected. (Over confidence) gat no manner of speech @all..
Ok, wud u tell me is allowances is nt paid up 2 date?? D fact remains d masses ra complainin bro.. Even @ Secretariat ganself workers der aint happy wift im oo wunt lie u.. Bro der is lot of tins 2 b onfold if u dnt knw
Honestly his manner of speech is.nothing to write home about,the man talks anyhow and lies a lot.
Damn I wish he was never re-elected,nothing one can do about it tho
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by onatisi(m): 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
olawalepopoola:
I am from Oyo state! You may say people doesn't like Ajimobi!! Fine I agree with that! But have ever asked yourself if Akala, Ladoja, Teslim and Makinde have the interest of the people at heart! If they did they would have formed a formidable opposition against him! Ajimobi was smarter than them and REC Akeju played along well! REMEMBER "IBADAN LE MO, E MO, LAIPO" AJIMOBI HAVE USE LAIPO FOR OYO PEOPLE, yet I am his hard-die fan!
interestingly the 3 opposition candidates can't work together for some reasons . Firstly akala and teslim are arch enemies and they have been enemies for a long time ,since when akala got teslim imprisoned for the killing of elewe omo, it was teslim and co that orchestrated how akala lost the pdp ticket and how he was schemed out of pdp. That leaves akala and ladoja and in this case it is like telling a snake to be nice to a cat , their own enemity is even worse than akala and teslim . Thirdly is the issue of party candidates ,each party had its own candidates for various posts ,if they had merged how will they have shared these posts ? Labour had its own candidates for reps ,senators and other positions so also did accordn,sdp,pdp and we must take into consideration that these candidates have been campaigning and spending for almost 12 months so how will u ask them to drop their ambition all because of a merger .

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by RAO1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Olofintoto:
wic olomi-olunde? hope it's not d same olomi-olunde? coz he did olomi-xpress coz of d NURTW headquarters in d area. wot of olomi-ayegun bro?
but wait!.... was he supposed to do it....from olounkemi beyond iyana Sheu.. ..Federal road for dt matter...... just like lam adesina did it and allowed for developemt beyond olunde.....by erecting electric poles n cables
since den nobody has done anything there

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
Ajimobi is truly not for the masses. He hasn't paid LAUTECH TH staff for four months now. He has refused to spend a dime on that hospital because it's Akala's project.

He neglected some good access roads like Mobil(the road that leads to his personal house), he didn't touch joyce B road and Orita.

He's better than his Osun counterpart in the general salary side, but salary is still very irregular among other state workers.

He is NOT approachable.

I know how workers, even in the secretariat dislike him. I truly wonder how he won!
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by PapateeOfLife(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)
God save the good people of Oyo state
stay tuned...dis movie will not be ending soon

Did this 'majority' vote on the D-day? If no, then they have no right to complain.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by baby124: 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
I think APC should have a talk with their governors on performance and payment of salaries, otherwise Accord may be the next party to takeover. How can someone work for months and you refuse to pay. IF same is done to you, will you be happy
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
Drabrah:

Well, I'm not in a position 2 assess Ajimobi cos ain't frm Oyo state. However, dat he transformed Ibadan doesn't mean he's trans4d Oyo state. Ibadan is only d capital. Same applies in kwara State wia all devt is Ltd 2 Ilorin @ d expense of others so much u find it difficult 2 call any other community a city in d whole of d state.
be honest to urself...that is how development starts everywhere on the world
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Olofintoto(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
RAO1:

but wait!.... was he supposed to do it....from olounkemi beyond iyana Sheu.. ..Federal road for dt matter...... just like lam adesina did it and allowed for developemt beyond olunde.....by erecting electric poles n cables
since den nobody has done anything there
y was it a federal road o?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ppl r talking about civil servants and how did he won cos civil servants didn't vote him. Please let me ask u dis... Did civil servants vote for him in 2011 ? Is it only civil servants, we ve in Oyo State ? If you think, he is not love then how did he won some majority LG in Oyo State, please tell me ? If you smell rigging, then go to tribunal with evidence, this is democracy world.

thank you.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Alary: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Olofintoto:
did I mention Ladoja in my comments? I just made d analysis based on the topic. Bro take it easy ooo

And you analysis was dead on arraival . The percentage thing does not fly .
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by sholatem(f): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
@ Op,Ajumobi has performed credibly well in the past 4 years,but unfortunately Oyo state didn't really like development,they preferred primitive life,take for instance, he provided transport bus( Ajumobi bus) ibadan bus drivers in particular named it kokulo,ko a run lo,just because it will affect their own daily income,whose fault is dat if they refuse development? D governor that is trying to easy their burden or people that refuse to embrace change? Go to other state and come back to oyo,then u will appreciate his work.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by RAO1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Olofintoto:
y was it a federal road o?
oh! u don't know about Ibadan wella..... end of discussion/ quoting .....go and make findings from anybody that KNOWS about d particular road..
olofintoto,loo se ofintoto

..byeeeeee!

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jethro2: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
Olofintoto:
Thank God I av like-minds lyk u wu reasons lyk me.
Pple will endure it lyk dey did last 4yrs.
I hope he(ajimobi) will also change his reasoning abt sm tinz too.

Most people don't reason objectively. They are so blinded by party affiliations, relatives in power, etc.
The facts that some are getting crumbs from the governors table has blinded their reasonings.
It can only be in Nigeria where 36% equals excellent performance.
Most commenting are not even near or ever been to Oyo State not to talk of feeling the pains of the masses.
What i look towards is 2019 bringing in a better candidate irrespective of party and the sentiments associated with it
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by adegoke93: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
@op,please don't generalize your comment that the people of oyo state are not happy.i don't belong to any political party and i must tell you that i was born and breed in ibadan.There is a saying that says 'if you try to please all then you please non'.You may not see anything good in his administration but i can count at least four of his achievement.(1)free bus for student and government workers and 50 naira for the rest regardless of how far it is.With this, student had stop treking and government workers who normally spend up to like 200naira can now use the money for other things (2)oyo state can now boost of security and peace which had cease in the state for so many years,even bank robbery had also minimize.tell me all those people who lost their loved ones then how did you think they are going to feel even up till now(3)oyo state can now boost of the emergence of new companies there by reducing the rate of unemployment.Ibadan now has the largest shopping mall in west africa talking about shoprite and if you can remember vividly this place was once a refuse dump some years back(4)can you tell me how many times teachers in oyo state went on strike during his first term?No they never did and the issue of non payment of salary started this year due to fall in the price of oil in the international market thereby reducing allocation and it is not only oyo state that this is happening .To mention but a few of his achievement,Ajimobi is not the the best governor people of oyo state is dreaming and hoping for but i think he has perform better than the past government including akala and baba accord(ladoja)

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by saintopus(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
onatisi:
honestly I won't be surprised if akala sold out to ajimobi and only contested to split votes . I said it that 4 serious contenders going into an election will only give the incumbent greater chance. The selfish interest of the 2 babas has now cost the good ppl of the state another four years of hardship. Already ,many workers sack letters have been prepared especially workers who have put in 25 years in service .

I thought that all APC controlled states are massively progressive with development everywhere. So it is on NL that we are having such progresss eh?

La wa oooo!!!!
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Alary: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Olofintoto:

And your analysis was dead on arraival . The percentage thing does not fly .
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Alary: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Olofintoto:

And your analysis was dead on arraival . The percentage thing did not fly .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Owolabi Salis Wins At Appeal Court / Amaechi Expresses Frustration Over Failed Rivers APC Rally, Orders Another Rally / Governor Yakowa Pleading With Angry Protesters In Kaduna (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.