Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) (39585 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
It is like Mr Buhari is ignorant of what is ahead of him. He has no power whatsoever to repeal the laws that makes for pension for Governors(perpetrated by most APC Govs and ex). Let me remind him that his party and National chairman endorse the pension package because they are beneficiaries. I laugh at this man.

Kikikiki

Kikikikikiki. We're watching. Watching keenly!

This while wasteful and lazy pension law started by the lion of Bourdillon! !!! How pleasant! !!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by collynzo2(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2015
doninno:
He should also move against the 30 million given to ex president every month
Gbam!
Especially those who were never elected.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by zylla(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.
What is this one saying?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by TI1919(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2015
Hmm! Governors receiving pension
Naija no be small thing.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2015
san316:
I'm just afraid for GMB. He may end up being kicked out because these politicians are veeeery selfish. I foresee a gang up, a serious sabotage or an assassination.

God help the General.

B4 dey get to him, God will attack them all. Long Live GMB!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nickymezor(f): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2015
Imanuelle:
Change is coming... grin
it's already here tongue.....hw far?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

Meaning what?

Are you stylishly saying he should approach the issue of corruption with lacklustre attitude or he should leave it as it is despite the fact that corruption has moved us backward s to the 16th century or people out there who are suppose to enjoy dividends of good transparent governance are deprived of it?
Do you know how many public servants are out there unpaid for months?
Do you know how many project funds these folks have squandered?
Do you know how many unemployed folks are roaming the streets due to corrupt skewed government policies which are brought up by corrupt govt office holders and politicians.
Bro, think before you start saying such.

Buhari, we are solidly behind you.

2 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Ola4great1(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2015
let's be optimistic that GOD will use this man for us to affect Nigeria in positive way.This is to implore you PDP supporters to stop thinking bad things about the new incoming government.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 15, 2015
domopps:
I swear I love this concept!

@least some of them would wake up get to work! And the post would no longer worth dying for any longer.

Cheeers

This makes no change, the governors will steal their pensions while they are on seat.

Buhari should face the countries problems head on, he should remove himself from any ideologies that he will be fighting till his 4 years is up
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2015
anwo247:

Dont worry, National Assembly will teach him democracy. Buhari is too daft to be a democratic president. I have said this time without numbers.

For you to be a Buhari follower, you need to be either a poor educated fellow, or an illiterate dude. Out of your frustration, the only thing that might make sense to you is CHANGE.
when I remember Nass! o boy,they gave gej and okonjo though time!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Persuasion and encouragement? That's all he can do. Surely you will agree that this is going to be very difficult to achieve, I wonder what he will tell the likes of Fashola, Akpabio and Tinubu to give up their juicy after-office allowances.

Has anyone said it will be easy to achieve?

Surely you must equally agree that it is commendable for GMB to even think in this line.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by deucelaw: 8:36am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.

You mean he doesnt understand its a law that was passed?, and he should just sit and watch because of that?, common He is not saying he wants to change it all by himself, He is the president he can persuade, cajole and influence public leaders to make good changes....Truth is that these things are not sustainable....Something has to be done..and someone has to start it..
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Surely you must equally agree that it is commendable for GMB to even think in this line.
it would be an absolute waste of effort!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by pawesome(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Pension wnt help abeg..jst kuku slash n reduce dia salary...u dnt wnt pension fr governors den hw bout dt f d presidency?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ebiagforum(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Do you serve for four years only and get pensions in other Federal Govt work? Why should Governors be given pension if they have only served for four to eight years?

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by annibro(f): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2015
4 goodness sake, if not 4 corruption & wickedness, how can a temporal political appointment of 4yrs guarantee a person pension 4 life whereas individuals who have served their fatherland for 35yrs struggle year in year out & some even die in d process trying 2 get accreditation 4 their pensions whereas these temporal crooks already have theirs running.
The worst of it is even them getting poSsession of d houses dey occupied while in office. Imagine d chaos dat wud ve occurred if universities didn't fight against d sale of govt buildings 2 occupiers; it wud've just resulted in young present lecturers coming 2 lecture frm off campus while d campus houses are occupied by retired/dead Profs.
If such continue, very soon Legislators will be coming frm other states 2 seat as every house in Abj wud ve been bought over & occupied by 4mer political ofis holders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Skoopy(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2015
After all the looting, they still are not sure of securing their wealth over time hence the passage of such outrageous pension laws or better said life entitlements.

Yet poor civil servant's pension will still be siphoned by the high and mighty even after earning peanuts while actively in service. God bless gmb

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by babadee1(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

I was thinking you programmed dolt will counter the facts I have stated above but all you could do is to throw abuses and tantrums. Proper doom awaits you unlearned lot on this forum.
I will state it here again, Buhari can not singlehandedly repeal a pension law that was passed by a state house of assembly. The man has simply been saying what people want to hear. One could smell the deception from afar.

Did you read the story? It said he appealed to the governors to review and change the laws. Nowhere did it suggest that Buhari wants to singlehandedly repeal any pension laws. Like Festus Keyamo said in the story, changing the laws will require a moral suasion campaign as it cannot be done by fiat.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Olutola88(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
Why don't people read to understand? They said it's gonna be a campaign against it and Keyamo also said it will be achieved by persuading everyone concerned. I didn't see where it was written that Baba will enforce it

To Topic...

Any reasonable person will agree that Nigeria will not be better if some people still enjoy this kind of profligate privilege. I've been trying to calculate how much the Nation will be using to maintain these Ex Governors, their families & their aides but an attempt to calculate wanna blow off my head.

This is the kinda Leader we need, I know the General is still coming to the Senators. Baba will persuade them and they will accept (even if they won't be pleased).

#RideOnBabaWeAreSolidlyBehindYou

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2015
blackjack21:
Good move.
I want him to also put his Telescope on NASS Bastaerds, they eat. Too much.

LESS POT BELLIES MORE DUTY.

SAI BUHARI

07:19:21
Wed, Apr 15, 2015

The NASS don't eat as much as people think. their main source of cash comes in thru gifts, bribery n lobbying ... Their take home is muvh smaller than the lies being spread online
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

I agree it is a good thing but have we asked ourselves whether the president has CONSTITUTIONAL authority over these matters? If the answer is NO, then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

He should be talking realistically of PERSUADING the state houses of assembly not to approve such pensions.

We are in a democracy not a military DICTATORSHIP!

Your head is empty! If this is all you can come up with after reading the article, then you are very hopeless because the news clearly said to persuade and encourage the states.

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ayindejimmy(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

He's smarter than you are. He simply putting it in the public domain... In case you didn't realize that. It's the same masses that voted those legislatures so if they don't concur the public will know and be able to do the needful.
All he needs from us is our unflinching support. This is in our best interest.

2 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Ossaifamous(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

Chai trouble de sleep oo
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by bnovative(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

I was thinking you programmed dolt will counter the facts I have stated above but all you could do is to throw abuses and tantrums. Proper doom awaits you unlearned lot on this forum.
I will state it here again, Buhari can not singlehandedly repeal a pension law that was passed by a state house of assembly. The man has simply been saying what people want to hear. One could smell the deception from afar.
You didn't need to dignify his post with a response. Allow them to wallow in their fantasy. Is this not the lot who believe buhari will stabilise oil price? I had since given up on our supposed educated youths of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by johnbu: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:

what are you try to insinuate or proof, this is major reason why buari was voted in as president in order to aberrate the oppressor of this country.within the period of four year, by the grace of God,the corrupt practices would be eradicated in accordance to divine policy that would emerges from buari.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Sibrah: 8:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari is right on this, how can a governor serve for 8 years and give himself life pension? What about worker who put in 20 years. To make it worse these people while in power give themselves all manner of aides who get pay and normal pension too.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

Keyamo mentioned the issue of persuasion. Stop putting this man in the messiah category. Four years down the line, these monies will still be paid the the ex-govs. Buhari should stop pandering to us.
My brother, let us be very honests with ourselves. The APC as a party has no ideology, and never campaigned with such an idea. Their leaders are beneficiaries and are firmly against it. There is no way APC state legislators will agree to repeal existing laws
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by shigoslim(m): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by shigoslim(m): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2015
Good move. But the question we should be asking ourselves is that will buhari be able to archive these? My advice for Buhari is to focus on what intend to give nigerian, if he continue fighting corruption for whole 4years without any social and infrastructures development Nigeria we cry outloud.

Is good to eradicate corruption in our society but u can not fight corruption illegally without due process, buhari should strategies another method if possible take technology into considerations as a means of fighting corruption not all this illegality as it can cult his life shot.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by IYANGBALI: 8:45am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:

meaning he should just leave them alone?no wonder we are where we are today.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bawss1(m): 8:45am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

At the end of the day we will all assess Buhari by the things he was able to do not the thoughts he had no matter how commendable they may appear.

I refuse to be swept up in all the euphoria that is going around just because Buhari is now president elect, let him deliver first before I start pouring outbthe commendations.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by abduljabbar4(m): 8:45am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:

No way! No way! We should all condemn this waste, and support GMB on this matter.

No soft pedalling here.
Has he been collecting his own before becoming the president elect? If yes, then I think Buhari is selfish here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sign this Petition to End the Impunity in Lagos! / Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South / Buhari Hosts Physically-challenged Nigerians, Serves Them Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.