Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Invite From Csorbit - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Invite From Csorbit (14217 Views)

Invite From Dragnet For Sahara Group Test / Invite From Nestle, Nw-abaji / Invite From Betfillglobal (ITS SCAM/MARKETING TALK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invite From Csorbit by Emasel(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
CodeineJunkiee:
How I wish I know what to expect in the second phase of interview now sad

NOC Engrs work in either ISPs or Telco companies.From the look of things, it seems the company you will be working for is an ISP.

Though NOC Engrs, whether those in ISP or Telco companies, perform similar duties : Monitoring of the Network and Providing first level troubleshooting and support for Field Engineers.
NOC Engrs in ISPs need good knowledge of Computer Networking as they are required to remotely access the Switches and Routers that make up the network from the NOC to monitor their performance. I'll advise you try to familiarise yourself with Computer Networking if you don't have prior knowledge of it.

NOC Engr job is an interesting one, you basically just sit in front of a Computer System and just look and observe.
Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Emasel:

NOC Engrs work in either ISPs or Telco companies.From the look of things, it seems the company you will be working for is an ISP.

Though NOC Engrs, whether those in ISP or Telco companies, perform similar duties : Monitoring of the Network and Providing first level troubleshooting and support for Field Engineers.
NOC Engrs in ISPs need good knowledge of Computer Networking as they are required to remotely access the Switches and Routers that make up the network from the NOC to monitor their performance. I'll advise you try to familiarise yourself with Computer Networking if you don't have prior knowledge of it.

NOC Engr job is an interesting one, you basically just sit in front of a Computer System and just look and observe.

Thanks bro. This is really helpful.. But I'm of the feeling that we would still be trained. Tho I have a certificate in IP based technologies. I could just check online for materials on computer networking to familiarise myself with it
Re: Invite From Csorbit by koboko69: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2015
CodeineJunkiee:

Well said. I knew the company they were recruiting for so I never asked that. I just asked what the interviewer's name was and she answered me. Mine was a 2 man panel consisting of just two ladies... Let's just be positive and keep our fingers crossed

My sister got invited for the 2nd interview. she is a noc engineer with one of the contractors with mtn. please can u help with the company they are recruiting for cos she really needs to get out of where she is. She has to leave abulegba area to ajah cos of her presemt job which has been stressful. Thanks
Re: Invite From Csorbit by mxchly(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
I was shortlisted too, studied physics and hv some IT experience... about 15 people only were cc'd in the mail
Re: Invite From Csorbit by niggi4life(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
To all those that were successful, you can ask me any questions you will like to know concerning NOC Job, am a NOC Team Lead in an ISP. Good luck
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wh@ are the duties/responsibilities of a service desk engineer in a NOC and wh@ type/ kind of questions would you ask if you where to ask potential employees into the postion of a service desk engineer in a NOC?

1 Like

Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
mxchly:
I was shortlisted too, studied physics and hv some IT experience... about 15 people only were cc'd in the mail

We share the same course of study. I also have some IT experience too.. Yeah just 15 people were cc'd out of over 60 that applied. The issue now is we don't know what the second stage is all about. I dey develop cold feet small o grin It is well sha
Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
niggi4life:
To all those that were successful, you can ask me any questions you will like to know concerning NOC Job, am a NOC Team Lead in an ISP. Good luck

Bro please I get enough questions to ask o as I'm a Virgin in this field. I've only worked in a call center environment. Still new to this NOC stuff.. is it thru one should have a good knowledge of computer networking to excel in this field. Do u have an idea of what the stage 2 interview would look like?
Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dreay01:
Wh@ are the duties/responsibilities of a service desk engineer in a NOC and wh@ type/ kind of questions would you ask if you where to ask potential employees into the postion of a service desk engineer in a NOC?

@niggi4life Please answer the above too. It would really be helpful. Thanks
Re: Invite From Csorbit by niggi4life(m): 3:49am On Apr 23, 2015
Good Morning All
Now to the first question, you guys should note that a NOC engineer is just like a security man to the entire network, he watches for any downtime and resolves it through proper escalation to the right people, morealso he/she can prevent this downtime by also escalating b4 hand, example is sending high temperature alert mails to the proper channel before a site goes down.
Also note that there are different tiers in the Noc dept, the service desk engr is just d tier one, your duties demands u to watch over d network vigilantly either day or night based on d shifts and escalate to d ascending tiers (tier 2,3 etc)
You MUST have sound knowledge about networking, some ISP only accept minimum of CCNA or Comptia N+ as their tier 1 engrs
Now for stage 2 questions, read thoroughly about the OSI model, you can Goole more about it,most technical interviewers ask this questions, also know basic monitoring tools and softwares like Nagios, Oxidized, solarwinds, whatsup gold etc
Don't worry they won't ask you too many questions apart from these, I would still write more when its fully morn
Regards

1 Like

Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 11:49am On Apr 23, 2015
niggi4life:
Good Morning All
Now to the first question, you guys should note that a NOC engineer is just like a security man to the entire network, he watches for any downtime and resolves it through proper escalation to the right people, morealso he/she can prevent this downtime by also escalating b4 hand, example is sending high temperature alert mails to the proper channel before a site goes down.
Also note that there are different tiers in the Noc dept, the service desk engr is just d tier one, your duties demands u to watch over d network vigilantly either day or night based on d shifts and escalate to d ascending tiers (tier 2,3 etc)
You MUST have sound knowledge about networking, some ISP only accept minimum of CCNA or Comptia N+ as their tier 1 engrs
Now for stage 2 questions, read thoroughly about the OSI model, you can Goole more about it,most technical interviewers ask this questions, also know basic monitoring tools and softwares like Nagios, Oxidized, solarwinds, whatsup gold etc
Don't worry they won't ask you too many questions apart from these, I would still write more when its fully morn
Regards

Thanks bro please continue to update us. *now running to Google to find out what OSI model means*

And bro pls from your experience. How many stages of interview do we have to go through to nail this job? And are we still going to be trained on the job after getting it. Thanks for your patience.. No say my wahala Don too much grin
Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
Invite for second stage has been sent to my mail. I received it this morning. This time it's a different venue. @Niggi4life You are yet to answer my questions. please find time and address same. Thanks
Re: Invite From Csorbit by niggi4life(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Good evening to everyone and its such a good news to hear that second invitation has started coming.
Just like i said before, relax, most questions wont be so different from what i have stated and just like a Nairalander also said earlier, know your basic computer networking. Concerning the stages of interview, it is solely dependant on the company and as such can not be specifically ascertained but either 3 or 4 stages would be required.
Note that MOST of the network monitoring tools use what is described as colour coding to describe node's(devices) status
you can abbreviate it as RAG, Red, Amber and Green, Red means the node(device) is not reachable and therefore down, Amber means the node is in a warning state and Green means the node is presently active and reachable.
Being in the NOC team requires much surveillance and extra caution as you must be watchful at all times, just like a Nairalander said, its an interesting job where you learn so many things, you learn working with routers, switches, firewalls, configurations, installations and implementations, you learn how to operate windows servers, linux servers and even sometimes programming.
i wish everyone going for the next stage Goodluck, Kindly share your experiences
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Udochee(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
niggi4life:

GOD bless u 4 d info.bin helpful so far
CodeineJunkiee:

was scheduled for tues-12pm.u nko?
Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=Udochee post=33107737][/quote]

Mine is for 10am tuesday
Re: Invite From Csorbit by xhegun234(m): 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
also shortlisted for the nxt interview, mine is on wed 9 am
Re: Invite From Csorbit by mxchly(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
@CodeineJunkiee thanks bro, mine is on Wednesday by 10am
Re: Invite From Csorbit by CodeineJunkiee(m): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
mxchly:
@CodeineJunkiee thanks bro, mine is on Wednesday by 10am

You're welcome
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2015
Please what does the second mail look like and venue because I haven't received any message in my mail box. I look forward to hearing from you ASAP

CodeineJunkiee:
Invite for second stage has been sent to my mail. I received it this morning. This time it's a different venue. @Niggi4life You are yet to answer my questions. please find time and address same. Thanks
Re: Invite From Csorbit by jamescyril: 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
niggi4life:

NOC Second stage interview down!! Thank God.. Brothers and sisters what next again? They told me see you next week..appointment letter? Or what else I claim my job in jesus name(amen) wish my colleagues same too.
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wh@ was the second stage all about? I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

jamescyril:

NOC Second stage interview down!! Thank God.. Brothers and sisters what next again? They told me see you next week..appointment letter? Or what else I claim my job in jesus name(amen) wish my colleagues same too.
Re: Invite From Csorbit by edunben(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
how was ur interview and what was is it all about. Share with us please
jamescyril:

Re: Invite From Csorbit by prince088: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dreay01:
Please what does the second mail look like and venue because I haven't received any message in my mail box. I look forward to hearing from you ASAP

check your spam box. It was when I saw people saying they have seen invites I checked and discovered it was in spam.
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
@ Eduben have you gotten a mail for the second stage of the interview? Please let me know because u were amongst those contactd too (eduben@live.com) to expect a mail 4 d nxt stage which is to hold this week.

edunben:
how was ur interview and what was is it all about. Share with us please
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Okay, Haa! I would check my spam mail and jst hope it isn't too late o.

prince088:

check your spam box. It was when I saw people saying they have seen invites I checked and discovered it was in spam.
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
@ prince088,Please when did you check your mail and when is is the second stage of the interview scheduled for and venue? Kindly help a brother

prince088:

Re: Invite From Csorbit by prince088: 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
jamescyril:

shu...wetin we wan use this one do na cheesy. U not talk as e be. Have they stated the firm they are recruiting for. And what kind of questions were asked. HR questions like strengths and weekness or only NOC pertaining questions.
Dreay01:
Okay, Haa! I would check my spam mail and jst hope it isn't too late o.

mine is tmr...if its late still go. Found it? Mine was sent sunday past 8
Re: Invite From Csorbit by prince088: 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dreay01:
@ prince088,Please when did you check your mail and when is is the second stage of the interview scheduled for and venue? Kindly help a brother

some today..some tmr. It was sent sunday around 8:05. I saw it monday when I checked spam
Re: Invite From Csorbit by edunben(m): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dreay01:
@ Eduben have you gotten a mail for the second stage of the interview? Please let me know because u were amongst those contactd too (eduben@live.com) to expect a mail 4 d nxt stage which is to hold this week.

Yea I got a mail, am scheduled for tomorow morning
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Okay, thanks, please can you help me check if my email address was also sent d mail (damilarei@yahoo.com)

edunben:

Yea I got a mail, am scheduled for tomorow morning
Re: Invite From Csorbit by edunben(m): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
Dreay01:
Okay, thanks, please can you help me check if my email address was also sewnt d mail (damilarei@yahoo.com) or ch@ me up (+2348032101318) on whatsapp.

No cc on the invitation for interview
Re: Invite From Csorbit by Dreay01(m): 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Okay, please can u ch@ me up on whats app

edunben:

No cc on the invitation for interview

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2018 Nigeria Police Recruitment / When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work / Can A Non-national Join Nigerian Army?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.