Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Igbobuofu.com - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbobuofu.com (12050 Views)

Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbobuofu.com by coolitempa(f): 2:50am On Apr 17, 2015
ocelot2006:
As much as we in the SS appreciate the support of the SE in the previous elections, we still 2 different geopolitical regions, NOT Eastern region. I've not heard of our leaders call for a merger, and we intend to keep it that way.

Igbos........attaching by force....l grin

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 5:53am On Apr 17, 2015
Duru1:

I would never want to do anything with group of people whom you have adjudged a bread winners and still remain poor. From your post, it is clear your problem is inferior mentality. I am for the Republic of Igbo land that excludes Ika. I do not need anybody's crude oil as do other meaningful Ndiigbo people in Nigeria. Ndiigbo have lived successful life without the benefit of [s]crude oil since it was first struck in Igbo land in 1951.[/s]

Where exactly in EBOELAND

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 6:00am On Apr 17, 2015
pazienza:
Interesting in the Willink report that the Ogojas preferred to be in the same state with the Afikpo and Abakaliki people, they feared Efik/Ibibio/Annang domination, and they feared Igbo domination, Igbo in this context meaning other Igbo speaking groups except the Abakaliki and Afikpo people. This is not far fetched, considering that culturally, they are similar to Abakaliki and Afikpo people.

I tell people that Igbo speaking people are the uniting force of the SS region.

The Afikpo/Abakaliki people are culturally harmonious with the Ogoja tribes.

The Ukwuani with Isokos

The Ika with Esans and Binis
The Ndoki with Ogonis, Akwaibom groups and Ibani Ijaws
The Aros with Efiks

It's also interesting that the Ekpeyes wanted not to be in same state with Ijaws, fearing Ijaw domination, as much as they feared the domination from the Other Igbo. speaking tribes from the hinterlands.
I find it more interesting that the WILLINK report said 98% of the Eastern Region are EBOES
That says everything about the REPORT

2 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2015
Duru1:

I would never want to do anything with group of people whom you have adjudged a bread winners and still remain poor. From your post, it is clear your problem is inferior mentality. I am for the Republic of Igbo land that excludes Ika. I do not need anybody's crude oil as do other meaningful Ndiigbo people in Nigeria. Ndiigbo have lived successful life without the benefit of crude oil since it was first struck in Igbo land in 1951.

dafuturis comments do not reflect the views of the general Ika populace or their leaders. The person obviously has a personal gripe with other Igbo people for absolutely no reason since they seem to be living in Imo State with nobody chasing them, unless they are typing on the run. The people of Ika have grown increasingly closer to easterners, many Biafran soldiers were even Ika. We can't let loudmouths be the spokespeople for entire groups simply because they are the most caustic and visible.

And if dafuturis thinks ndi Ika are more in line with other parts of Nigeria or wherever, then that is just a joke maka ime mmiri we si o ka banye.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by pazienza(m): 9:00am On Apr 17, 2015
omonnakoda:
I find it more interesting that the WILLINK report said 98% of the Eastern Region are EBOES
That says everything about the REPORT

I haven't gone through that part yet. Maybe they were mistaking the cultural homogeneity of the whole Eastern region that was held together by Igbos groups bordering non Igbo groups of the the Eastern regions.

The report clearly know all the ethnic groups in the East and Even the sub groups of the Igbos.

It kept emphasizing that Ndiigbo made up 2/3 of the Eastern region population, so I take it, that they are well aware of the ethnic heterogeneity of the region.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by pazienza(m): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2015
10. “we noted that in five years, 1952 – 1957, from a
total of 412 secondary scholarships, 216 were
awarded to persons living in the COR areas, while the
figures for post-secondary scholarships were 211 out
of 623. The latter is about the right proportion of one-
third, the former considerably in excess. It was
suggested that scholarships awarded to non-Ibos
were of an inferior kind and that the best scholarships
went to Ibos, but we were, unable to see that this
claim held any validity. On the evidence before us, we
conclude that the allegations of discriminations in the
matter of scholarships are unjustified.”

This part of the report, clearly acknowledged that the Eastern region non Igbo groups consists of 1/3 of the Eastern region population, and hence judged that the 1/3 of the scholarship positions they got in the Eastern region scholarship scheme was justified and not discriminatory as the Eastern non Igbo groups wanted the world to believe.

So, I think the Willink report knew the ethnic demography of the Eastern region.

You are only trying to dismiss the whole report, cos it doesn't suit your division plans.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by dafuturis(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Duru1:

I would never want to do anything with group of people whom you have adjudged a bread winners and still remain poor. From your post, it is clear your problem is inferior mentality. I am for the Republic of Igbo land that excludes Ika. I do not need anybody's crude oil as do other meaningful Ndiigbo people in Nigeria. Ndiigbo have lived successful life without the benefit of crude oil since it was first struck in Igbo land in 1951.

Good!!

This reply is should be For Ezeagu he seems to reflect Ndiigbos inferiority mentality as you pointed out.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by dafuturis(m): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

dafuturis comments do not reflect the views of the general Ika populace or their leaders. The person obviously has a personal gripe with other Igbo people for absolutely no reason since they seem to be living in Imo State with nobody chasing them, unless they are typing on the run. The people of Ika have grown increasingly closer to easterners, many Biafran soldiers were even Ika. We can't let loudmouths be the spokespeople for entire groups simply because they are the most caustic and visible.

And if dafuturis thinks ndi Ika are more in line with other parts of Nigeria or wherever, then that is just a joke maka ime mmiri we si o ka banye.

Pray it doesn't hit you like a tsunami
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2015
dafuturis:

Pray it doesn't hit you like a tsunami

If Imo State is so horrible, why don't you move?
Re: Igbobuofu.com by dafuturis(m): 10:54am On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

Now you're changing the topic. Am done here
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

Your folk should take your advice
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
dafuturis:

Now you're changing the topic. Am done here

But I'm waiting for the tsunami though.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
dafuturis:

The yorubas has done absolutely nothing wrong to us. We should start holding our governors accountable for mishaps in SS. We get huge chunk of allocation for being the bread winner, yet it seems we're the poorest. Our problem is internal and I tell you we will be making a grave mistake if we ever form a separate unity with the SE. I live in Imo I know what am saying.

https://www.nairaland.com/2261584/yoruba-plot-kill-ibaka-deep
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

https://www.nairaland.com/2261584/yoruba-plot-kill-ibaka-deep
You are a whisperer of poison and hate. You are not of those who build but destroy. What is the meaning of your innuendo better suited to your grandchild. Yoruba killed Ibaka surely that is deserving of a whole new thread. But is the kind of nonsense you can spew in your Ilo.

Ibaka a pipe dream of Akpabio which he at the end decided to ditch preferring to build a stadium instead.That is your answer for who killed Ibaka. What economic value rather than an ego trip is that stadium.?

You accuse Yoruba of killing it.
Who was the most senior Yoruba person in government over the last 5 years
What was the total money spent on militants in that period
The budget of the Niger delta Ministry
Niger Delta development Commission.
Without doubt there was enough money to build it and more but it was stolen and wasted and not b Yorubas. Your people were in government,dominant, Minister of Finance,Aviation SFG,Deputy Senate President where were the Yoruba and what were those people doing while Yoruba were killing Eboe or Eastern projects. When hate prevails your sense of reasoning dies

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are a whisperer of poison and hate. You are not of those who build but destroy. What is the meaning of your innuendo better suited to your grandchild. Yoruba killed Ibaka surely that is deserving of a whole new thread. But is the kind of nonsense you can spew in your Ilo.

Ibaka a pipe dream of Akpabio which he at the end decided to ditch preferring to build a stadium instead.That is your answer for who killed Ibaka. What economic value rather than an ego trip is that stadium.?

You accuse Yoruba of killing it.
Who was the most senior Yoruba person in government over the last 5 years
What was the total money spent on militants in that period
The budget of the Niger delta Ministry
Niger Delta development Commission.
Without doubt there was enough money to build it and more but it was stolen and wasted and not b Yorubas. Your people were in government,dominant, Minister of Finance,Aviation SFG,Deputy Senate President where were the Yoruba and what were those people doing while Yoruba were killing Eboe or Eastern projects. When hate prevails your sense of reasoning dies

What's your point? dafuturis promised a tsunami and I'm setting them up for the eye of the storm? Isn't that fair?
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

What's your point? dafuturis promised a tsunami and I'm setting them up for the eye of the storm? Isn't that fair?
If you leave a mound of akpu on a window it grows moldy and decays slowly. That same thing can happen to a human being too. To the mind. That akpu that was hot an appetizing once is now vile and repellent. Do well to guard your mind from decay.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
omonnakoda:
If you leave a mound of akpu on a window it grows moldy and decays slowly. That same thing can happen to a human being too. To the mind. That akpu that was hot an appetizing once is now vile and repellent. Do well to guard your mind from decay.

Ehen, put that in your diary.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ocelot2006(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

What part of the SS are you from?

Akwa Ibom.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
ocelot2006:

Akwa Ibom.

The that's even a bigger joke, because what happens in Uyo affects Aba economically, and what happens in Aba affects Uyo economically. Is it a lie? Does Sapele or Benin affect Uyo like Aba does? You're here forming regions that are artificial and inconsequential.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Then stay at home and live together. Simple
Then mind your groundnuts and cows at your place and leave our oil alone pls.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by ocelot2006(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

The that's even a bigger joke, because what happens in Uyo affects Aba economically, and what happens in Aba affects Uyo economically. Is it a lie? Does Sapele or Benin affect Uyo like Aba does? You're here forming regions that are artificial and inconsequential.

Is that so? 'cos last i checked, Aba has pretty much been cut off from Uyo due to the terrible roads at your end. STILL Uyo thrives economically. You do know that we share a border with Rivers state, right.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ocelot2006(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
But seriously you need to stop. As i earlier mentioned the SS deeply appreciates the SE support. But forcefully trying to mearge both geopolitical regions forcefully will not go down well with the SS. You ought to have learnt your lessons from the civil war by now. You dont see other geopolitical regions claim others, so why must the SE be different?

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
ocelot2006:
But seriously you need to stop. As i earlier mentioned the SS deeply appreciates the SE support. But forcefully trying to mearge both geopolitical regions forcefully will not go down well with the SS. You ought to have learnt your lessons from the civil war by now. You dont see other geopolitical regions claim others, so why must the SE be different?

but seriously did you see anyone forcefully merging with anyone here? i mean seriously.
the guy raised a very smart question; all you need to do (if you are smart) is to provide a smart answer
emotions has nothing to do with politics.
whether you believe it or not Aba is closer to your state than Benin.
Aba will influence your state (and your state will influence Aba too) more than a so called SS city of Benin.
if Ibaka port comes online fully, Aba traders will use it more than Benin based traders.
these are facts.
what some of you are expecting to happen (a permanent enmity between SE and SS) will never happen because an eye cannot be enemy to the nose in the same head.
use your head for once and not your emotions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
ocelot2006:

Is that so? 'cos last i checked, Aba has pretty much been cut off from Uyo due to the terrible roads at your end. STILL Uyo thrives economically. You do know that we share a border with Rivers state, right.

You do not share land border with Rivers, the borders with Rivers is through the Imo River, the same Imo river that the Abia and Akwa Ibom people still share and in times gone use to trade palm oil with Europeans.

I ask you again, does Sapele have more impact on Uyo than Aba does?
Re: Igbobuofu.com by omonnakoda: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Bridges have been built just like those connecting Asaba to Onitsha or Patani bridge so land borders are not an issue,where there is a river we build a bridge and there is a road link to Rivers state

2 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ezeagu(m): 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Bridges do not create hundreds of years of history and cooperation, how can Abia and Akwa Ibom be in separate regions, yet Akwa Ibom and Edo State are supposed to be one region. What makes Delta and Cross River 'South South' states, that doesn't make Anambra also a 'South South' state? That is why Nigeria has earned the title of a zoo.

Anyway, I'll stop now because a minority of people can make it look like there is strife or disunity where there isn't.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Then stay at home and live together. Simple
Then mind your groundnuts and cows at your place, and leave our oil alone pls.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by pazienza(m): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2015
ezeagu:
Bridges do not create hundreds of years of history and cooperation, how can Abia and Akwa Ibom be in separate regions, yet Akwa Ibom and Edo State are supposed to be one region. What makes Delta and Cross River 'South South' states, that doesn't make Anambra also a 'South South' state? That is why Nigeria has earned the title of a zoo.

Anyway, I'll stop now because a minority of people can make it look like there is strife or disunity where there isn't.

Haha! I must confess, the "zoo" title was well earned by Nigeria and is very appropriate.
Re: Igbobuofu.com by Malawian(m): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
ocelot2006:
what needs to be done is to carve out all igbo speaking parts of the south-south into the south east, so that we can see what remains.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ocelot2006(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Malawian:

what needs to be done is to carve out all igbo speaking parts of the south-south into the south east, so that we can see what remains.

Oya go and carve it out na. You will not enjoy our response at all. With that attitude of yours, you're simply doing your region a great disservice.

2 Likes

Re: Igbobuofu.com by ocelot2006(m): 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
relchange:

but seriously did you see anyone forcefully merging with anyone here? i mean seriously.
the guy raised a very smart question; all you need to do (if you are smart) is to provide a smart answer
emotions has nothing to do with politics.
whether you believe it or not Aba is closer to your state than Benin.
Aba will influence your state (and your state will influence Aba too) more than a so called SS city of Benin.
if Ibaka port comes online fully, Aba traders will use it more than Benin based traders.
these are facts.
what some of you are expecting to happen (a permanent enmity between SE and SS) will never happen because an eye cannot be enemy to the nose in the same head.
use your head for once and not your emotions.

What the hell are you talking about? How did Benin creep into this conversation. As I had earlier mentioned Aba has pretty much been cut off from Uyo via Ikot Ekpene, but Uyo still thrives economically, and the reason is very simple: the goods that flow from Aba (foodstuffs, fuel, etc) to Uyo EQUALLY flows from Port Harcourt and Calabar. Uyo is not wholly dependent on Aba and our economic growth has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Aba. Be rest assured that we can easily do without you.

1 Like

Re: Igbobuofu.com by revolt(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

What the hell are you talking about? How did Benin creep into this conversation. As I had earlier mentioned Aba has pretty much been cut off from Uyo via Ikot Ekpene, but Uyo still thrives economically, and the reason is very simple: the goods that flow from Aba (foodstuffs, fuel, etc) to Uyo EQUALLY flows from Port Harcourt and Calabar. Uyo is not wholly dependent on Aba and our economic growth has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Aba. Be rest assured that we can easily do without you.
may i ask where the same portharcourt gets goods from? ur ideology is shared by just 1% of ibibios. now the koko of the matter is this.... democracy is a game of numbers a unified ss/se means more block voting power than a divided one. and plsssssssssss we ddnt vote for gej cos he was merely ss. some of us believed his policies were positive in the long run, so pls stop thanking se based on that.

the earlier goons like u in the ss realise this, the stronger well become politically.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Harrases Northerners - Video / Court Fines Patience Jonathan N50,000 For Withdrawing Her Suit / We Raised N48.9m, $17,645, £200 For My Campaign - Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.