Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (44205 Views)

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts / Jonathan's May 28 Handover Date A Plot To Invite A Military Coup. / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
godoluwa:
if he intend to rig d election, he would av remuv jega & heavens will not fall
even if he had removed jega, buhari would have still defeated him.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by caprini1: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
booqee:
he's a popular plumber at ojuelegba.
Nope he is a vulcanizer at Iyana iba!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by VickJames(m): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
I repeat, jonathan can't be trusted. Not with that his power drunk wife

Hope you will calm down when Buhari becomes president?

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by fosign(f): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Abeyjide:
we need to keep praying for this nation.i dont trust jonathan.hope is not planning somtin funny?cos the way he accepted dat defeat still suprise me.God help us
U dont trust Jonathan cos he accepted defeat, what can one do to please nigerians, he accepted defeat na wahala, he did not accept defeat,una go complain, he is handing over 28th may,una dey complain,what do nigerians realy want?

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ikorodureporta: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote
author=cbrass post=32787320]what's wrong with Jonathan handing over on
may29. sef. abi is he planning to run away the following day or what
[/quote]
may 28..........05+28=33 ask TAN!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by anigold(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
an empty head like you in the helms of Nigeria affairs even for 5seconds will be a catastrophic disaster for Nigeria and to Africa at large.

@topic. I hope gej is not trying to play any games with us. I don't trust that man for 1second. Who knows, gej might have put up a plan with the military to take over power between the 24hours that buhari will be sworn in because that gej is one conniving hypocrite. Anyway we have our eagle eyes fixated on him.

dude you really hate GEJ ,even when he is one of the greatest president ever in this Nigeria.. no politician has ever placed national interest above his/her personal interest like GEJ did.
am 150% sure you wont love being a refugee in Libya due to civil war..

so please stay calm lets see what YOUR ANGEL BUHARI will do..

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by SeverusSnape(m): 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
Did he say you said he wasn't right?
grin
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by SeverusSnape(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
so after the arse whooping buhari gave your gej, you are still laughing ? You should be crying grin

Kikikikiki grin
You call that "ass whooping"??...Go and ask him what Jonathan did to him in 2011,He even had to cry.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by deb(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Whoz dis femi falana?

HE IS A RESPECT NIGERIAN LAWYER.

WHO ARE YOU?
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by godoluwa(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
even if he had removed jega, buhari would have still defeated him.
neva! jega himself favours d northerner in many ways. underage voters gets pvc while eligible voters didnt get theirs. tell me y we av 2million registered voters in some places but only 300,000voters get their PVC
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
anigold:

dude you really hate GEJ ,even when he is one of the greatest president ever in this Nigeria.. no politician has ever placed national interest above his/her personal interest like GEJ did.
am 150% sure you wont love being a refugee in Libya due to civil war..

so please stay calm lets see what YOUR ANGEL BUHARI will do..
I believe he is the greatest president in your village but not in Nigeria
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ikorodureporta: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote
author=cbrass post=32787320]what's wrong with Jonathan handing over on
may29. sef. abi is he planning to run away the following day or what
[/quote]
may 28.....05+28=33 ask TAN!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
[size=15pt]Nigerian's pls help a student,who is in trouble.
I have been seeking help,for over one month now and it is not yet coming.
all the people that called,just disappointment.
Am sorry for bringing this kind of issue here,but I have no option than to seek help.anywere.I can get..
I don't want to go into my personal details.
that would be for anyone who ask of it but I just want to say a little about my ordeal..
I am a student of NOUN university,studyin B.s.c criminology and security studies,who has been doing well.
I am responsible for my school fees,right from primary school,cos my dad didn't see any need,giving us eduction,but deep inside me.I refused to subcribe to his ideology and I wanted the best for my family,cos our condition was terrible,"financially".
My mom had to take care of our education.7 of us.
has the first.I couldn't stand the sight of seeing her go through all does suffering.
Just to give us eduction,so I left home and started hustlin from primary 5 and I took care of my school fees right from then till I graduated from secondary,now am in the university and was doing well,until I invested all I had in an importation business which leta turned out to be a scam,now am down to zero.
My school fees has elapsed, for a long time now.
I don't even attend lectures and can not write exams,which ironically means,that I will have to withdraw from school.
I would have gone for student loan,but I have tried to secure a student loan before,when I got scholarship to study outside and needed money for my papers,but it was frustrating cos I have no one to stand for me.

The amount in question is,N52,000 and am ready to work for it,if necessary.
I am not saying you should dash me the money,a loan will be well appreciated and am ready to use all my school,birth,state of origin cartificate's, infact all my earthly possesion as a collactorall for the loan
Pls nigerian's. I know so many people bring fake story about such matters online,so am ready to corporate with anybody who can help verify this story.I live in abuja.

[size=15pt]please,I want to appeal to those,who called,and at the end keep posting me.
after calling and showing interest in helping,I stopped posting this article online.
what I get at the end is posting,..you are not doing any good to my situation.instead,u are worsinin it,the time I would have use to get help,is wat you are wasting. by making me to stop posting this online..
I did my best to corperate and even sent my school registration NO and study centre for
comfirmation..
I am not saying,they should dash me this money.I can work for it,just that am not fit right now to raise the the money and exam,is around the corner..
[/size]
[size=15pt]
I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL,IF ANY ONE CAN ASSIST ME WITH A LOAN INSTEAD

SOM1 QUOTED ME,QUESTIONIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS STORY.
IF YOU HAvE UR RESERVATIONS CONCERNIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THiS STORY.
YOU CAN MEET UP WITH ME,SO WE COULD GO,TO MY STUDY CENTRE TOGEDA FOR COMFIRMATION OR AT MY SCHOOL HEAD OFFICE,AT WUSE,HERE IN ABUJA
[/size]

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by emeka2847: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
teeowl:
it does not really matter whether it is may 28 or may 29.
[size=18pt]He should respect the constitution which has says May 29th. If he's in a hurry to relocate to Otueke, he could resign on 28th and let Sambo do the handing over on 29th.

Let St GEJ look for another way of winning his Nobel Price
[/size]
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by mykelly(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Whoz dis femi falana?
At least someone strife to send you to school don't disgrace him/her
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
godoluwa:
neva! jega himself favours d northerner in many ways. underage voters gets pvc while eligible voters didnt get theirs. tell me y we av 2million registered voters in some places but only 300,000voters get their PVC
you should have even said only children voted for buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by okmania: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
Concerning handing over from one administration to a new one,please let all give room to law to take its full course.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by godoluwa(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you should have even said only children voted for buhari.
60% of northern votes
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by 2n2k(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
hotice01:
I really don't know what the fuzz is about.
As it stands now,its as if GMB is already the President as GEJ has taken the back seat.
If GEJ "Hand's Over" the government to GMB on may 29th,whats the 'power vacuum'?
Please can someone explain in lay man's term what 'hand over' means to our learned lawyer and other GEJ antagonists.
I'm absolutely nonpartisan but the truth be told,its the very calm manner that GEJ took his defeat that is still sending shivers down the spine of many.
In a sense GEJ is right,He lives power on the 28th of May,While 29th serves as a day of celebration of a new dispensation.hope u can fathom my point of view.
If he wanted to undertake any violent action against GMB,Orubebe handed him such opportunity but he decline.if you get my drift.GEJ is a man of peace.APC/GMB are only scared of military coup because of GMB past.
A man who possesses so much power chose inaction even when treated unfairly can be very destabilizing to his opponents as the thought of his true intents can wreck havoc on them.
Let's allow sleeping lions to sleep in peace.GEJ has been treated unfairly by a vast majority of Nigerians,we should let this man enjoy his remaining days as we welcome&embrace change.

#Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
#Godbless GEJ
#Godbless GMB
#Godbless Nairaland
#Godbless You

Simply put, the law does not recognize 'handover at dinner'. If the constitution requires that an oath must be taken before someone assumes an office, then that person must be sworn in before he can execute the powers of that office.

Note that the ceremony of swearing in at the eagle square is not what the law recognize but the act of taking an oath itself before the Chief Justice (in case of president). This can take place anywhere but not before an incumbent vacates that office either by expiration of tenure, impeachment, resignation or death.

GEJ can truncate his tenure at any time before May 29 by resigning but then, the incumbent Vice President (not president elect) will be sworn in immediately to complete his term till May 29

The few hours gap may not mean much to a layman but within those hours, if enemies invade Nigeria, who will exercise the power of C-in-C to order the armed forces to battle?

I just want to believe that the Minister of Information misapplied the term 'handover' in her briefing yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by iretiland: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
This GEJ has a major problem with the way he thinks and that remains the main cause of his failed Presidency. Sadly on issue like this and others that are similar, his clownish and extremely corrupt Attorney General lacks any good advise for him on how the constitution will view this type of action. In the history of AG in Nigeria, GEJ's Adoke will go down as the most corrupt AG Nigeria has ever known. He functioned as the criminally corrupt AG of PDP while holding office for Nigerians thereby advising the brainless senate on how to loot our treasury through illegal deductions from the federation account. He also player a major role in Jonathan writing-off Abacha's N400B loot. Adoke is a major dent to the glory of the Nigeria bar organization. Olly God knows how people like him pass the bar exam.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
godoluwa:
60% of northern votes
no you are wrong. The 100% of northern votes buhari got are from underage

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Emmaowolabia(m): 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
This man always like to change things to his own disadvantage. Can someone help me tell him that he will still hold accountable for whatever happened within those few hours interval. If he had not lobby for presidential to be conducted first, with the intention to get the governors to campaign for, PDP would have been controlling more than the number of state it has now even if it lost the presidential sit. Maybe this time around, he want to help GMB find enough evidence to make his going to kirikiri as sacrosanct as may 29

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by hansad: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
cbrass:
what's wrong with Jonathan handing over on may29. sef. abi is he planning to run away the following day or what

Jonah has long been itching to leave office to go and enjoy life while he is young.

He said shortly after the election that he had been in a cage in government for 16 years, let him go - even today.

But one thing: Jonah is leaving Nigeria in a very precarious situation, with little hope for the future - no opposition party, as he has finished his PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
an empty head like you in the helms of Nigeria affairs even for 5seconds will be a catastrophic disaster for Nigeria and to Africa at large.

@topic. I hope gej is not trying to play any games with us. I don't trust that man for 1second. Who knows, gej might have put up a plan with the military to take over power between the 24hours that buhari will be sworn in because that gej is one conniving hypocrite. Anyway we have our eagle eyes fixated on him.
we r on dsame page and again why at a dinner? i jst hope noting sinister is about to happen. i wil jst remain positiv and pray Allah protect our general.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Jeffoo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
mashnino:

exactly what came to mind...

9 hours is too expensive...

very expensive...

let pray the 9hrs is for the good of the country
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by hazyfm: 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:

You are wicked

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by 989900: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
hansad:

Jonah has long been itching to leave office to go and enjoy life while he is young.

He said shortly after the election that he had been in a cage in government for 16 years, let him go - even today.

But one thing: Jonah is leaving Nigeria in a very precarious situation, with little hope for the future - no opposition party, as he has finished his PDP.

Na to go enjoy remain o.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by shaiba(f): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari won't accept this. How can GEJ handover to one that is yet to be sworn in, if that's the case then let Governors and such start handing over.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by AdeniyiA(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
Even with the President at d helm of affairs, there are always power vacuum undecided

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by notoriousbabe: 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Who cares?if him like make him pack comot today today,now now now
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by boluyongp(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
mashnino:

exactly what came to mind...

9 hours is too expensive...

very expensive...

How did you know its 9 hours, nobody mentioned hours gap here. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Barrister Oluseyi Ojo Is Dead (Photo) / Boko Haram Attacks UN Helicopter, Kills Two In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.