Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (44210 Views)

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts / Jonathan's May 28 Handover Date A Plot To Invite A Military Coup. / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by lekside071: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
dandydrey:
can't believe i wasted my time reading this crap....mtchewwwwww
and commenting as well...
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by lilcashking(m): 9:18am On Apr 17, 2015
sosanova:
how does that make 1Naira equal to 1dollar as Buhari promised
vedio of buhari saying he will make 1naira equal to 1dollar or I don't believe u
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Olayinka2607: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Yoruba adage says "falana rantie" leave Jonathan alone
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Pachesky(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2015
arsetalkshere:
And you are too daft to know that he might have been convinced by the cabals not to hand over?

Have you asked yourself why the urgency? Why can't he wait for just 24 hours?

Your post reminds me of that kettle and pot saying.
convinced by cabals not to hand over?
what is he planning to do on the 28th of may?
as for handing over 24hrs before the scheduled date I try not to read meaning into harmless gestures else the idea of foul play and conspiracies spring up.

thanks(I would ignore your insults your thought process is kinda myopic)
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Pachesky(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2015
dondo83:

with up most respect you are the empty head because handing over on may 28 doesn't make buhari the president until he his sworn in. With Gej handing over may 28 there will be a void for almost 10hours for the military to plan any evil act. With a military that has been polluted i bet anything can happen and as such gej should stay until may 29th . if you are wise enough why dont uou ask your self this question, if he could lead for 6years then why is he in a hurry to leave before the last 24hrs of his tenure?
Haven't you also thought that his gesture might be sincere without any sinister motive..
try to see both sides of the divide it would help you make a better judge..
thanks
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by cbrass(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
simplesimul:

Don't remain ignorant.

If Jonathan formally hands over power hours before Buhari is sworn-in, it means in practicality there would be no commander-in-chief during the interval: a power vaccum. Who takes charge if during that interval a nation-threatening event were to suddenly occur?

Use common sense and stop being childish. No nation would allow such a loop-hole constitutionally.

do you hate me so much? Where in my post did I support Jonathon 's action
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by dondo83(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pachesky:

Haven't you also thought that his gesture might be sincere without any sinister motive..
try to see both sides of the divide it would help you make a better judge..
thanks

i might as well come to your house and leave your door open sincerely at 12am . leaving 28 might cause trouble, leaving 24hrs later cost him noting. why will he now choose to leave "sincerely "on a day that might cause trouble?
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by nelandrewz(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
Olamitisoji:
Our amiable out going President will do nothing of what you haters are thinking. A hand over to the Military that's stupidest thought anyone could ever levy on Nigeria's Most President, a President the stopped post-election crisis that should be ravaging Nigeria now, have you all forgotten his one call that saved the lives of our families, friends and relatives out there. A call Buhari should have made in the 2011 general elections that would have saved lives of our Corp Members serving their nation, that would have saved hard earned properties of citizens, have you forgotten so quick. Instead, Buhari made a barbaric statement that lit up crisis all over the country back then. A man who has proven to be democratic can't hand over to the Military. Read the pages of newspapers, he surprised the lawmakers yesterday by refusing to sign the amended 1999 constitution, one a ground that he won't make rational decisions that will plunge the coming in government which might affect Nigerians at large. How then can such a man hand over to the Military. He who speaks with high emotions speaks rubbish.

Anything can happen, its not a wise move for GEJ to handover b4 May 29th. If u've been wit an Ijaw man, u'll knw dat they're still bent on military takeover than handing over to GMB
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Reticular: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
loomer:
Nigeria wahala too much, everybody go de form say na dem go sch pass, if him hand over on 28 mean say buhari na president na, no be formality be the swearin in?

Oath taking and swearing aren't formality, they are constitutional requirements. Handing over is a necessary but not sufficient condition for being the president , according to the constitution. So handing over, swearing-in/oath of office taking makes the sufficient condition.

The implication is; If GEJ hands over on 28th May to GMB but GMB dies (God forbid) before swearing in, then the VP elect becomes the president. If both President and vice-president elect die before swearing-in, INEC would have to conduct another election. That is what the constitution says.

Why the May 28th handing over? And more suspecting is that; why is it planned to be a dinner? I'm just curious.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by loomer: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Reticular:

Oath taking and swearing aren't formality, they are constitutional requirements. Handing over is a necessary but not sufficient condition for being the president , according to the constitution. So handing over, swearing-in/oath of office taking makes the sufficient condition.

The implication is; If GEJ hands over on 28th May to GMB but GMB dies (God forbid) before swearing in, then the VP elect becomes the president. If both President and vice-president elect die before swearing-in, INEC would have to conduct another election. That is what the constitution says.

Why the May 28th handing over? And more suspecting is that; why is it planned to be a dinner? I'm just curious.

Nothin go happen, God wey don protect the country from destruction will sure protect us.
I'm hopeful nothing bad will happen.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ZUBY77(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Zubby77 is this you?

Not me. I am also not Zubby77. I am Zuby77

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Former President Buhari Spotted Taking A Walk Around His Hometown Daura (Video) / "I Regret Making Udom Governor" - Akpabio / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.