Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,442 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (44208 Views)

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts / Jonathan's May 28 Handover Date A Plot To Invite A Military Coup. / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by bioda: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
I think the incumbent can decide to exit at any time as deem appropriate, but am sure GMB does/will not legally and officially become the new occupier of that office until the oath of office is administered on him by the appropriate judicial officer (CJN). And up until the administration of the oath of office, GEJ still remains the president
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by luvprince4real(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
E clear say jona don tire 4 dis leadership sef. Na pple wey dey around am just dey push am since, d guy cant even wait for 29th may to come, he don tire. No wonder he congratulated buhari even b4 d last result came in
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by godwin120alex: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Falana very soon pple will be making their observation on GBM administration. Hope he will be ready to accept critizisms.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by anigold(m): 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
I believe he is the greatest president in your village but not in Nigeria

sorry I remember abacha and ibb were the greatest. lol...
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ibrokola(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That "power vacuum" Can be filled by me.
So that you'll divert a trillion Naira to your acct within those 8 hours. We no gree grin

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by datribune: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2015

Never again shall we allow d giant of Africa to be led by someone so clueless dat even his last act as president is an illegality.
Good riddance to d Divider-in-Chief & d weakest, most corrupt & clueless leader in nigerian history.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
is English this lawyer problem... if I hand over something to u, means its in your care now, it means you are in charge... from that moment... so GMB can be sworn in that day... or the next day, its just a bloody ceremony
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Kobeje(m): 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
hotice01:
I really don't know what the fuzz is about.
As it stands now,its as if GMB is already the President as GEJ has taken the back seat.
If GEJ "Hand's Over" the government to GMB on may 29th,whats the 'power vacuum'?
Please can someone explain in lay man's term what 'hand over' means to our learned lawyer and other GEJ antagonists.
I'm absolutely nonpartisan but the truth be told,its the very calm manner that GEJ took his defeat that is still sending shivers down the spine of many.
In a sense GEJ is right,He lives power on the 28th of May,While 29th serves as a day of celebration of a new dispensation.hope u can fathom my point of view.
If he wanted to undertake any violent action against GMB,Orubebe handed him such opportunity but he decline.if you get my drift.GEJ is a man of peace.APC/GMB are only scared of military coup because of GMB past.
A man who possesses so much power chose inaction even when treated unfairly can be very destabilizing to his opponents as the thought of his true intents can wreck havoc on them.
Let's allow sleeping lions to sleep in peace.GEJ has been treated unfairly by a vast majority of Nigerians,we should let this man enjoy his remaining days as we welcome&embrace change.

#Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
#Godbless GEJ
#Godbless GMB
#Godbless Nairaland
#Godbless You

I read you. Its another form of xenophobia.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by BabaO2: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Whoz dis femi falana?
An uncommon erudite of law. Don't you learn from his input?
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
I hope prophet suleiman's prophecy is not coming to pass! "l see a man being declared winner but not allowed to rule"
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by JKA5VE: 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yinmu
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by closearms(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
an empty head like you in the helms of Nigeria affairs even for 5seconds will be a catastrophic disaster for Nigeria and to Africa at large.

@topic. I hope gej is not trying to play any games with us. I don't trust that man for 1second. Who knows, gej might have put up a plan with the military to take over power between the 24hours that buhari will be sworn in because that gej is one conniving hypocrite. Anyway we have our eagle eyes fixated on him.

just as if you were reading. my mind Poeple say his clue less . but little do they know that he is a gud deceptionist, PhD on Hipocracy and a master in mind conspiracy

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
Baba Falana,a Very bright Gentle-man Advocate,always serving the law and people. Respect sir.

kudos Mr president,you have done your bidding-u deserve a rest from politics.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by juman(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmm

This is a confused president. grin grin grin

May be all those around him have no knowledge of what the SAN said. Power vacuum is not acceptable.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by SeverusSnape(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
ibrokola:

So that you'll divert a trillion Naira to your acct within those 8 hours. We no gree grin
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin
No o, So that I'll bring change.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by funkyfrevy(f): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
He can hand over on the 28 if he so want. But Buhari will not b available on dat day. Since Jonathan is clueless. Buhari go show am small sense by making himself unavailable till 29th of may. Simple.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ulster: 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Whoz dis femi falana?
Minister for Justice and Attorney General-incoming
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by VirginFinder: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Falana is right.

Buhari and co must NOT eat at the dinner o!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by zomoears(m): 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Somebody should advise Buhari not to show up that dinner party. Simple. If GMB no show, GEJ won't have who to hand over to.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Mayems(m): 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
if peradventure he attends the uncalled for "dinner", GMB should pls be careful what he eats because who knows what those desperate people are planning.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Chirokusko: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
What a confusion, remind the Minister Pls.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by lilsurveyor(m): 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Whoz dis femi falana?
Ask on Google
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by stevecantrell: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Mayems:
if peradventure he attends the uncalled for "dinner", GMB should pls be careful what he eats because who knows what those desperate people are planning.

Buhari should eat one of his cows before attending any dinner. He shouldn't touch the food. it sounds paranoid but we're in desperate times.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by dondo83(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pachesky:

with all due respect sir, from your post I think you are the one with the "empty head"
A plan with the military to take over power 24hrs after handing over to a man he called to congratulate without hesitation thus averting untold and needless post election violence that was glaringly obvious at the time and further receiving accolades for his noble gesture both at home and from the international community, wouldn't be so stupid to go ahead with your "Fears" thereby achieving the very same chaos he desperately tried to avert.
don't you think.....
with up most respect you are the empty head because handing over on may 28 doesn't make buhari the president until he his sworn in. With Gej handing over may 28 there will be a void for almost 10hours for the military to plan any evil act. With a military that has been polluted i bet anything can happen and as such gej should stay until may 29th . if you are wise enough why dont uou ask your self this question, if he could lead for 6years then why is he in a hurry to leave before the last 24hrs of his tenure?
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by anibestlala(m): 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
an empty head like you in the helms of Nigeria affairs even for 5seconds will be a catastrophic disaster for Nigeria and to Africa at large.

@topic. I hope gej is not trying to play any games with us. I don't trust that man for 1second. Who knows, gej might have put up a plan with the military to take over power between the 24hours that buhari will be sworn in because that gej is one conniving hypocrite. Anyway we have our eagle eyes fixated on him.
please keep your baseless suspicion to the figment of your imagination. #my5cents
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
cbrass:
what's wrong with Jonathan handing over on may29. sef. abi is he planning to run away the following day or what
His plan is to create a vacuum in government so the military can usee the opportunity to take over. All you GEJ "praisers", have you seen the true character of your "idol"? All I know is all his plan not to handover on May 29th will FAIL. Come May 29th, Buhari will be sworn in as PRESIDENT!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by stevecantrell: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
DavidSilas2015:
People just assume and say all sort of nonsence.. The man jonathan is not like u people who only think negatively. Handover day is may 29, so why are u trouble sir

The just concluded elections are much more than just Jonathan, its not up to him anymore. PEJ and PDP hawks, power brokers, stake holders in Nigeria plc etc are not ready to go anywhere, Gej or no Gej. Pray for a successful transition next month.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by hotice01: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kobeje:

I read you. Its another form of xenophobia.

please I'm not and I strongly detest any form of stereotyping,xenophobia,racism,tribalism or nepotism and my post is devoid of that.I distance myself from it in any form or manner,so please try to see beyond that.
Thanks.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pachesky:

with all due respect sir, from your post I think you are the one with the "empty head"
A plan with the military to take over power 24hrs after handing over to a man he called to congratulate without hesitation thus averting untold and needless post election violence that was glaringly obvious at the time and further receiving accolades for his noble gesture both at home and from the international community, wouldn't be so stupid to go ahead with your "Fears" thereby achieving the very same chaos he desperately tried to avert.
don't you think.....

Sometimes, it is best not to try explaining sense to mo.rons like that kastonkastrol. He simply would not understand or see reason no matter how hard you try to make him do so

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Rexyl(m): 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
President Jonathan wants to do an unusual thing which will promote peace and strengthen unity in the country. Many had expected that he would extend his stay in office but surprisingly he has shortened the time. That shows he wants peace more than anyone could think of.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
hotice01:
I really don't know what the fuzz is about.
As it stands now,its as if GMB is already the President as GEJ has taken the back seat.
If GEJ "Hand's Over" the government to GMB on may 29th,whats the 'power vacuum'?
Please can someone explain in lay man's term what 'hand over' means to our learned lawyer and other GEJ antagonists.
I'm absolutely nonpartisan but the truth be told,its the very calm manner that GEJ took his defeat that is still sending shivers down the spine of many.
In a sense GEJ is right,He lives power on the 28th of May,While 29th serves as a day of celebration of a new dispensation.hope u can fathom my point of view.
If he wanted to undertake any violent action against GMB,Orubebe handed him such opportunity but he decline.if you get my drift.GEJ is a man of peace.APC/GMB are only scared of military coup because of GMB past.
A man who possesses so much power chose inaction even when treated unfairly can be very destabilizing to his opponents as the thought of his true intents can wreck havoc on them.
Let's allow sleeping lions to sleep in peace.GEJ has been treated unfairly by a vast majority of Nigerians,we should let this man enjoy his remaining days as we welcome&embrace change.

#Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
#Godbless GEJ
#Godbless GMB
#Godbless Nairaland
#Godbless You
WHAT IS THIS? According to the constitution, GEJ is still the president till when he hands over to GMB on May 29. There should NEVER be any vacuum in government. If he does his "abracadabra" on May 28th, he's going to create a vacuum in government, which means there's no one presiding over the country. Even if GMB takes over on 28th, he won't be recognised as president constitutionally until May 28th. Is it that so hard to understand?

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
markize:
grin ;DGEJ na only you waka come, what about may 29 u cannot wait for it Chai! Chai!! Chai !!! daris God Oh.

He should keep to his words: "May 29th is Sacrosanct."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From The Boko Haram Suicide Blast In Damaturu Today / Nigerian Soldier, Hussaini, Killed In A Boko Haram Ambush In Zamfara (Photos) / Former President Buhari Spotted Taking A Walk Around His Hometown Daura (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.