Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (44211 Views)

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts / Jonathan's May 28 Handover Date A Plot To Invite A Military Coup. / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Occurstaem(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
an empty head like you in the helms of Nigeria affairs even for 5seconds will be a catastrophic disaster for Nigeria and to Africa at large.

@topic. I hope gej is not trying to play any games with us. I don't trust that man for 1second. Who knows, gej might have put up a plan with the military to take over power between the 24hours that buhari will be sworn in because that gej is one conniving hypocrite. Anyway we have our eagle eyes fixated on him.
Lol. You wicked small ooo. Yepaa, see finishing.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by mashnino(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
boluyongp:

How did you know its 9 hours, nobody mentioned hours gap here. undecided

didyu even read the stuff above
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by olumidazz: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
A hand over at a dinner without the traditional swearing in ceremony where an oath of office is sworn and guards are changed immidiately technically means power is in vacuum. ...... so anything can happen. I smell some last minute sinister plans up the sleeves of the evil ones again.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
I trust buhari!! You must not Step foot in that dinner!! GEJ should instead turn it to a send off party fo his team.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by boluyongp(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
mashnino:

didyu even read the stuff above

Yes I did. What I'm saying is that they didn't say what time the dinner would start and end so we can't say yet the gap of time. Me sha, I feel they want to poison Buhari with food or stage a military take over cos handover is an official/office affair not party.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Charly68: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
What kind of power vacuum is this man talking about. He will hand over on 28th means he has handed over..when power is transferred the rest to me is formality. There is no power vacuum at all.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by arsetalkshere: 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pachesky:

with all due respect sir, from your post I think you are the one with the "empty head"
A plan with the military to take over power 24hrs after handing over to a man he called to congratulate without hesitation thus averting untold and needless post election violence that was glaringly obvious at the time and further receiving accolades for his noble gesture both at home and from the international community, wouldn't be so stupid to go ahead with your "Fears" thereby achieving the very same chaos he desperately tried to avert.
don't you think.....
And you are too daft to know that he might have been convinced by the cabals not to hand over?

Have you asked yourself why the urgency? Why can't he wait for just 24 hours?

Your post reminds me of that kettle and pot saying.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by modupe2: 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Comment is free.....
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by modupe2: 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:
an empty head like you in the helms of Nigeria affairs even for 5seconds will be a catastrophic disaster for Nigeria and to Africa at large.

@topic. I hope gej is not trying to play any games with us. I don't trust that man for 1second. Who knows, gej might have put up a plan with the military to take over power between the 24hours that buhari will be sworn in because that gej is one conniving hypocrite. Anyway we have our eagle eyes fixated on him.

This got me laughing
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by modupe2: 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

What's wrong with me na? embarassed

why is everyone rebuking you nah
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by cbrass(m): 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
ikorodureporta:

may 28.....05+28=33 ask TAN!

Ahaha
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Vikky014(f): 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
dunkem21:
Make dem no come collect am na ..

GEJ sent a new precedence. He will hand over even before his tenure elapses.

He told me personally that he will love to hand over on April 28 if he is to have his way. He has literally moved out of Aso rock.

Falana can have the left over power hours and write his name in history.
He told you personally really are you madam Eunice
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by toshmann(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Power vaccum is not good for our democracy a lot can happen in 24 hours cheesy thats politics for you cheesy

There is no power vacuum. I dey cool
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by toprealman: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
I faulted the move by the poorly advised Jonathan. This sums up the quality of advisers he has unless Jona want to play a final card which will shake the foundation of world politics.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by shaqhead: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
teeowl:
it does not really matter whether it is may 28 or may 29.
Rily? U seem to b ultra deficient in the workings of the law.

How did the deputy governor of Adamawa state become governor after the governor was impeached and he "resigned"? A seemingly "little" technicality in law to a layman can determine the direction of a case.

The deputy governor became the governor even after he supposedly resigned after challenging the import of his resignation,because he submited his resignation letter to the speaker of the House and not to the State governor that was impeached. The law stipulates that his resignation letter be submitted to his principal and not to any other for it to carry legal weight.

So it matters a great deal for there to be a power vacuum for hours and where in the world is a handover done at a dinner.

May 29 is sacrosanct!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by SeverusSnape(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
modupe2:

why is everyone rebuking you nah
Don't mind them, They don't want change.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by IbkD: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pachesky:

with all due respect sir, from your post I think you are the one with the "empty head"
A plan with the military to take over power 24hrs after handing over to a man he called to congratulate without hesitation thus averting untold and needless post election violence that was glaringly obvious at the time and further receiving accolades for his noble gesture both at home and from the international community, wouldn't be so stupid to go ahead with your "Fears" thereby achieving the very same chaos he desperately tried to avert.
don't you think.....
You try to sound smart, but fall short of it. He congratulates to keep the wheel spinning till he is ready to go. Now, if he creates the vacum, and the military takes over, Buhari cannot be sworn in, thus, there is no one to ensure he pays for sins committed while in office. When it comes to him, himself and he, President Jonathan can hardly be called slow.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by IbkD: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
lastpage:

I have never heard of a handing over of Govt, in a DINNER!
It is an official and solemn ceremony for God's sake! shocked angry

[size=18pt]On the other hand, If he is bent on ABDICATING his post by 28 (l said "ABDICATING",......... in which case, he should be stripped of all RIGHTS and BENEFITS accorded to ALL previous Presidents), then the SWEARING-IN of Gen. Buhari should be MOVED FORWARD to 28th as well.

Cunny Man die, Cunny Man bury am[/size]. undecided wink grin

Whatever is his "motive" for this type of behaviour, it is Dead-On-Arrival!

Lastpage!

As for those silly Mods, get a life!
You are so on point, I could hug you (whether you are same sex or not).
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Osakah24(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
kastonkastrol:

talking of hypocrisy,didnt buhari do the same thing to a democratically elected government?.karma can be such a biatch.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Osakah24(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Augustbreak:
I'm even scared of the Man's silence.... hmmm.I just hope he is not up to something.
didnt you guys label him clueless?where is the fear coming from again?
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by oyetunder(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Our leaders should learn to surround themselves with brilliant and erudite advisers. All these blunders are signs that Nigerians Presidents and governors should not just be using the offices of advisers as mere rewards to shallow minded people. Yes, one should not favour others by disfavouring himself.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Dyoungstar: 11:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Power vaccum is not good for our democracy a lot can happen in 24 hours cheesy thats politics for you cheesy

Zubby77 is this you?
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by tola9ja: 12:41am On Apr 17, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Whoz dis femi falana?

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 17, 2015
Typifies what many had said in the last six years about President Jonathan - he knows no better! He may, as a person, be nice and gentle but what he should be in addition to those commendable personality traits is A PRESIDENT WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS ABOUT! Sadly that has evidently not been so!!

Buhari will be well advised not to attend the dinner or be represented under any guise. That way President Jonathan will finally seek out a clue - at least to the cause of the predicament he will immediately find himself in. The other day when Chief Adebisi Akande said what President Jonathan was busy running is a kindergaten Presidency he was roundly abused but time and again it had become evidently so!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by simplesimul(m): 12:43am On Apr 17, 2015
cbrass:
what's wrong with Jonathan handing over on may29. sef. abi is he planning to run away the following day or what

Don't remain ignorant.

If Jonathan formally hands over power hours before Buhari is sworn-in, it means in practicality there would be no commander-in-chief during the interval: a power vaccum. Who takes charge if during that interval a nation-threatening event were to suddenly occur?

Use common sense and stop being childish. No nation would allow such a loop-hole constitutionally.

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by scotz101(m): 12:45am On Apr 17, 2015
cbrass:
what's wrong with Jonathan handing over on may29. sef. abi is he planning to run away the following day or what

menh some people self... Your dullness cant be fixed guy...your done for!
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Manuelcrc(m): 2:51am On Apr 17, 2015
Something looks fishy...
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Solozzo(m): 5:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Falana's point is that without being sworn in Buhari has no presidential powers yet,. But Jonathan's powers expires on 28 May. But in reality jona will complete four years on the 28 May. So to avoid a vacuum, powers should be handed over to Buhari on May 28, and this can only be legal if he is sworn in by the Chief Justice.

So 2 options:

1. Swear in on May 28 by Chief Justice at dinner or elsewhere then inaugurate on Democracy day May 29. But we like to see this hand over as part of ceremony.
2. Shift Inauguration Day to May 28 hand over at Eagle Square.

Option 2 preferable.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by Cateyes07: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2015
Olamitisoji:
Our amiable out going President will do nothing of what you haters are thinking. A hand over to the Military that's stupidest thought anyone could ever levy on Nigeria's Most President, a President the stopped post-election crisis that should be ravaging Nigeria now, have you all forgotten his one call that saved the lives of our families, friends and relatives out there. A call Buhari should have made in the 2011 general elections that would have saved lives of our Corp Members serving their nation, that would have saved hard earned properties of citizens, have you forgotten so quick. Instead, Buhari made a barbaric statement that lit up crisis all over the country back then. A man who has proven to be democratic can't hand over to the Military. Read the pages of newspapers, he surprised the lawmakers yesterday by refusing to sign the amended 1999 constitution, one a ground that he won't make rational decisions that will plunge the coming in government which might affect Nigerians at large. How then can such a man hand over to the Military. He who speaks with high emotions speaks rubbish.
Don't mind them,very soon Nigerian will find out nothing good can come out of Buhary

1 Like

Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by pasol4real(m): 8:01am On Apr 17, 2015
oluvick:
Erudite lawyer and human rights activist, Femi Falana, SAN, has faulted the decision of President Goodluck Jonathan to formally handover to President-elect Muhammadu Buhari on May 28, noting that it would create a power vacuum for the few hours between when he hands over and the morning of May 29 when his successor will be formally sworn-in as the president.

Just yesterday, Minister of Information, Mrs. Patricia Akwashiki, while briefing State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, disclosed that President Jonathan would formally handover to his successor, Muhammadu Buhari on May 28 at a dinner.

She added that he had directed all ministries, departments and agencies, MDAs, of the federal government to submit their handover briefs to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, on or before April 20.

But speaking on the May 28 handover date preferred by Jonathan, the Senior Advocate asserted that the new date was a deviation from the law as a void would be created should he go ahead and handover before Buhari’s swearing in.

According to him, “As far as the law is concerned, President Jonathan is in charge of the country until May 29. He cannot cut short his presidency in the name of handing over the day before at a dinner, as there is no provision for a vacuum.

“He is the president till the morning of May 29 when Buhari takes the oath of office. There is no provision for a vacuum of eight or nine hours, and I am sure the president will be properly advised,” Falana stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/16/falana-faults-jonathans-decision-to-hand-over-on-may-28/
this falana sef e b like say u never get case for long.
Re: Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date by pasol4real(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2015
kastonkastrol:

u n ur rubbish mind i pity ur family n friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics / "I Regret Making Udom Governor" - Akpabio / Festus Keyamo Mocks Atiku On Twitter As Ex-vp’s Followers Fire Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.